Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Update 4/21: We are requesting feedback from kRO about how the paramarket affected their service and any other services it was implemented on. For the time being the paramarket system is being shelved and will not be implemented with the 15.1 Update. We will be focusing on getting 15.1 tested and implemented and then tackle paramarket and see if we can make it viable for our service some how.

LCE0m9j.jpg

The current plan we have for the para market is as follows.

We are going to implement it, however since the items act as an effective price cap we will be pricing the items based upon their current Market value. The goal is to set the prices (depending on the item) to somewhere around 150-300% of what it currently costs. We always want the first choice for these items to be purchasing from other players and the prices should reflect this, as well as providing a realistic zeny sink should someone choose to buy these items.

We will be posting a comparison of the kRO and iRO prices for commenting in this thread. We will also review what items are available and may need to purge them if they are meant to be truly rare.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

Reserved.

#3 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Are the GMs going to update the pricing list for the items on a timely matter? If so, how often?

Some item price goes up and down depending on the supply and demand. Para Market's set price and supply will prevent some item prices to increase anymore should the market become desaturated and there's a huge demand for it.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Are the GMs going to update the pricing list for the items on a timely matter? If so, how often?

Some item price goes up and down depending on the supply and demand. Para Market's set price and supply will prevent some item prices to increase anymore should the market become desaturated and there's a huge demand for it.

That will need to be looked at once we get the server side scripts. There is some economic benefits to enforcing a market cap on essential goods and ultimately this will of course need to be determined on a case by case basis.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

I don't really like the idea of market manipulation. Or iRO customization. I think it should be left alone :X

#6 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

Fair answer. Thank you Campitor! I ask because items like OCA can suddenly surge in demand due to new cards being implemented and added, causing the price to hike beyond it's current market price, sometimes x3 or 4 the price. OCAs are one of the worth while item drops from instances and monster drops, so it can tamper player's motivation to do PVM activities a lot and hurt the game quite a bit.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

I think kRO's intention is to make cards more accessible

(they want more value to come from the unique weapon, or enchantments, not cards)

Edited by Kadelia, 19 April 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

This update benefits bots more than players. Nothing you guys do will stop botters from snatching up high demand items.

#9 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

I suppose so. There's a lot of other pretty questionable items that are way too cheap on the kRO's list though.

#10 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hopefully the more desirable items (OCA, coagulated spells) are at least double the market price. Need to know full list of items.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

This update pretty much offers botters easier access to these items since they have the zeny to buy them up. And since the items are in limited supply, they'll still bot the items out on the fields as well. There's no way players can compete with the botters' ability to camp the market 24/7.

#12 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

What items exactly?

Edit: if the list has items that botters sell often, having them in paramarket permanently will only lower the botter's income.

Edited by meli, 19 April 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

This update benefits bots more than players. Nothing you guys do will stop botters from snatching up high demand items.

a honeypot doesn't seem like a bad thing to me :p_devil:

#14 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

I think kRO's intention is to make cards more accessible

(they want more value to come from the unique weapon, or enchantments, not cards)

Paramarket is a fail update to avoid bots.

@edit

Would be great if we could have oca/splendid/mora coins removed from the Paramarket.

Edited by Hissis, 19 April 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#15 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

What items exactly?

Edit: if the list has items that botters sell often, having them in paramarket permanently will only lower the botter's income.

Hmm.. im not much in the know how but can't bots easily out camp any real player when stock becomes available?

#16 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

can someone explain to me how paramarket work ?how can it make oca drop downprice?

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

http://www.divine-pr...base/map/paramk
link to help, click each npc to see items they sell

#18 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

can someone explain to me how paramarket work ?how can it make oca drop downprice?

It's simple. Let's say currently in Ragial, people are vending OCAs for 4.5m-7.5m. If Paramarket vends and sells OCA at 9m, OCAs on the market will never go beyond that price or too far from it.

In case OCA does increase beyond that price due to huge demand from OCA buyers, Botters will have advantage over regular players. They will camp the Para market and snipe it faster than regular players.

Buyers on the other hand will benefit from this too that they will never have to pay more than a certain amount of price for OCAs. Just that their zeny will go to botters instead..

OCA's price can vary greatly depending on supply/ demand. It has been in the low for a while due to players over farming it. Para Market provides another easy way to supply more OCAs to the market.

#19 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

This update pretty much offers botters easier access to these items since they have the zeny to buy them up. And since the items are in limited supply, they'll still bot the items out on the fields as well. There's no way players can compete with the botters' ability to camp the market 24/7.

Ton of ideas can be thrown for iRO to customize it. I personally want this map is like Gramp turn-ins. Level restrictions won't stop bots but it will filter them... Not everyone will risk their 3rd classes to be banned and I can tell which one have behaviour to camp-bot something and easy to report them...

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

Ton of ideas can be thrown for iRO to customize it. I personally want this map is like Gramp turn-ins. Level restrictions won't stop bots but it will filter them... Not everyone will risk their 3rd classes to be banned and I can tell which one have behaviour to camp-bot something and easy to report them...

They can customize it all they want; change prices, add or remove items, the bots still win in the end.

Who cares what character they use? The GMs haven't shown themselves to be very reliable when it comes to banning rulebreakers. Botters can always make new ones anyways with Jumping Janeway and every other leveling shortcut that iRO implements.

#21 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

6004 6004.pngCursed Baphomet Doll 100,000z 6080 6080.pngManuk Coin 100,000z 6380 6380.pngMora Coin 1,000,000z 6304 6304.pngSapha Certification 500,000z 6081 6081.pngSplendide Coin 300,000z

Ridiculously cheap!

717 717.pngBlue Gemstone 1,500z 12737 12737.pngGeneral Rough Runestone 1,000z 6361 6361.pngIndigo Point 200z 6363 6363.pngLime Green Point 200z 14514 14514.pngLord of Vermilion Scroll 200,000z 14512 14512.pngMeteor Storm Scroll 200,000z 12734 12734.pngQuality Rough Runestone 2,500z 716 716.pngRed Gemstone 4,500z 6360 6360.pngScarlet Point 200z 12108 12108.pngScroll Package 20,000z 14513 14513.pngStorm Gust Scroll 200,000z 715 715.pngYellow Gemstone 4,500z 6362 6362.pngYellow Wish Point 200z

The Scrolls are pretty cool! Awesome having gemstones able to just be bought!

Want a good zeny sink?  Sell Hairstyle Quest Items, Dyestuffs.  Anything quest related gets EATEN alive.

If everything is going to be overpriced, noone will buy it anyways, why a "restriction"?

I.E. If its OP'd 3-5x regular price, noone will buy OCAs or items that might give them a return.

I don't see how bots could benefit from this market if everything they purchase is way overpriced...

Biggest Zeny Sink is consumables, quest items, anything that is mass botted.  If any player is able to buy it from the server, bots will lose.  Amus, DBs, Strawberries... People may complain they can't make any zeny, but that is because the people they are buying from would be botters... Make these items unlimited at a certain price and there is your zeny sink, botters lose in the end unless they sell cheaper. (which could be the case)  It would just lower the amount of return the bot rings get per X amount of bots.

Edited by sv003, 19 April 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#22 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

That will need to be looked at once we get the server side scripts. There is some economic benefits to enforcing a market cap on essential goods and ultimately this will of course need to be determined on a case by case basis.

Ask Ragial for their script, run your own bot that can determine "Average Price" and 3x that in the Para Market, maybe make it automatic??? (not sure if it is possible)  but could be a bit easier than GMs constantly checking the items themselves...

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:07 PM

If everything is going to be overpriced, noone will buy it anyways, why a "restriction"?

I.E. If its OP'd 3-5x regular price, noone will buy OCAs or items that might give them a return.

I don't see how bots could benefit from this market if everything they purchase is way overpriced...

Biggest Zeny Sink is consumables, quest items, anything that is mass botted.  If any player is able to buy it from the server, bots will lose.  Amus, DBs, Strawberries... People may complain they can't make any zeny, but that is because the people they are buying from would be botters... Make these items unlimited at a certain price and there is your zeny sink, botters lose in the end unless they sell cheaper. (which could be the case)  It would just lower the amount of return the bot rings get per X amount of bots.

You seriously don't think botters would consider monopolizing easily-bought items that they can then mark up at their discretion?

#24 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

Better look into the price differences among common items on both renewal servers because we need different prices for each server.

#25 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

Make the items obtained from paramarket account bound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users