Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 10 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#226 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

Oh yeah, also forgot to mention, the default rates of both EXP and Drops on kRO is 30%.

And what if the effects of it ends up actually destroying the economy? Then what? It will be too late to rollback and repair the damage. It will be too late to remove the update.

Paramarket certainly has the ability to destroy the economy. And with kROs default settings for it, it most likely will. iRO can alter the Paramarket to fit our servers, but why?

As I've already mentioned, RO has been a game which economy has been completely player base driven. There are no price caps on 99% of the items in the game. Anything can be any amount if people are willing to buy it. For me, that is one of the great things about this game. Paramarket is a slap in the face to that idea though. It sets zeny caps on items players can sell for. No one would ever want to buy OCAs for more than 2.5m if an NPC handed it out at X:XX a day.

The idea of a zeny sink is all well and good, but the implementation of the Paramarket in the form kRO made it isn't.

The amount of times I hear about "destroying the economy" never holds any water for me. That's because everyone has their own opinion on why it will ruin the market for them because they can't benefit it the same way like they use to anymore.

Even when Kafra Points became a thing, everyone believed "cash shop items are going to destroy the RO economy" when realistically, it just got incorporated with the RO market (although improvements on selling WPE can be made). Players learn to adjust and find other ways to profit.

The OCA things can be a concern, however in the long run I doubt anyone is really going to benefit from it. It's a consumable so it's completely different then lets say.. buying a FAW from the Para Market. Consumable prices has always stayed relatively the same throughout the years and I don't find OCAs a big deal in the Para Market since it's not like everyone will be able to buy XX amounts every time the NPC is stocked.

#227 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Some non-recognizable ranger got a Pharaoh card this morning. 

See, that's a legitimate argument AGAINST MVP loots in the paramarket.  There would be no incentive for "casuals" to hunt MVPs and provide competition on the basis of "oh I would really like a tiger footskin and some fun hunting!".  Instead with the market, they will just be lazy and buy the footskin.

#228 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

FAWs being in para market would actually not affect the economy at all. it's no different from just putting a FAW for direct purchase in the cash shop. you can't farm FAWs in game.

#229 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

Because it's as Toxn says, they don't have to deal with issues like botting and hacking as much as us, if at all. The developers will implement stuff that they feel would be good for kRO, the rest of the officials be damned.

Let me break it down for you folks who think this update is the second coming of Jesus for iRO.

Newbie player comes into the game and gets advice to sell certain items. They set up a vend, but don't get any sales for weeks. Said newbie comes into the forums to discover that the reason they're not getting any sales is that the Para Market is selling those items at a lower price. Newbie goes "hmm, that seems more convenient to buy the items rather than farm them from monsters and instances. However, I don't have enough money to buy what I need from the Para Market. Oh hey, someone's selling zeny!"

Gold sellers praise Para Market for keeping them in business.

Players see iRO as supporting gold sellers because they implemented Para Market. They move on to another game that actually allows them to make money off item drops as opposed to everything being buyable from NPCs.

Newbies can't buy from the Para Market because the stock is emptied by bots and players with enough zeny to buy out the stock. Players with lower in-game income can't make use of the Para Market and they can't make money off drops because the Para Market is a better alternative for buyers.

WP loses even more business. The end.

Maybe they shouldn't have been given bad advice from these players when Para Market is in :X

#230 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

It's a consumable

You realize it's a consumable that brings permanent cards into the server right

#231 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

Newbie player comes into the game and gets advice to sell certain items. They set up a vend, but don't get any sales for weeks. Said newbie comes into the forums to discover that the reason they're not getting any sales is that the Para Market is selling those items at a lower price. Newbie goes "hmm, that seems more convenient to buy the items rather than farm them from monsters and instances. However, I don't have enough money to buy what I need from the Para Market. Oh hey, someone's selling zeny!"

Thats why I suggested along with Cory that the prices in the Paramarket should be HIGHER than the players market.Newbies then would at least have again something to look forward in working even harder to get items that they would otherwise would never get trying to outcamp experienced players that kill MvPs in .2 seconds after they spawn.

#232 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

You realize it's a consumable that brings permanent cards into the server right

Mostly -_-ty permanent cards but yeah.

Anyways, RO is an old game. Let the GMs do their job and have them figure out the solutions to keep their servers going.

Have fun peeps!

Edited by Demeris, 21 April 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#233 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

otherwise would never get trying to outcamp experienced players that kill MvPs in .2 seconds after they spawn.

Comments like these legitimately make me think some of you never actually comped MVPs before. Or tried once, lost, cried and gave up. Even when outclassed, outgeared, underexperienced or whatever excuse people come up with, I've seen players who have all odds stacked against them still win.

#234 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

If u want para market. Then decrease all drop rates to 30% and all exp to 30% cause that's what kro has savvy? Also no enrich no certs and delete kafra blossom cards and also remove all gtb from the game. Since u all believe kro is like iro and para market will have no affect that can harm iro economy at all lol tuturu

#235 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

Comments like these legitimately make me think some of you never actually comped MVPs before. Or tried once, lost, cried and gave up. Even when outclassed, outgeared, underexperienced or whatever excuse people come up with, I've seen players who have all odds stacked against them still win.

And comments like yours make me know that you probably wouldnt PM personally in game,come to a map where MvPs spawn,took a look at my character in game/via ROPD (or whatever it is you kids use nowadays) without assumptions,and show me what it is exactly what Iam doing wrong oppose to what I see (Tombs).Pm ZeoKenX or Zeo's Shop anytime plz =o Ill be awaiting.

Edited by ZeoKenX, 21 April 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#236 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

If u want para market. Then decrease all drop rates to 30% and all exp to 30% cause that's what kro has savvy? Also no enrich no certs and delete kafra blossom cards and also remove all gtb from the game. Since u all believe kro is like iro and para market will have no affect that can harm iro economy at all lol tuturu

Kinda wish they have an iRO server that has entirely kRO's meta and have people that want kRO updates 100% the same way go there and see if they like it.

Don't forget, enchanting your FAW has a chance of breaking too on kRO. ;O can we have that too?

#237 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

Kinda wish they have an iRO server that has entirely kRO's meta and have people that want kRO updates 100% the same way go there and see if they like it.

Don't forget, enchanting your FAW has a chance of breaking too on kRO. ;O can we have that too?

Yes lol

And comments like yours make me know that you probably wouldnt PM personally in game,come to a map where MvPs spawn,took a look at my character in game/via ROPD (or whatever it is you kids use nowadays) without assumptions,and show me what it is exactly what Iam doing wrong oppose to what I see (Tombs).Pm ZeoKenX or Zeo's Shop anytime plz =o Ill be awaiting.

As khimarri said in final fantasy x,
PICK SPOT, SHUT UP, WAIT!

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 21 April 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#238 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

ZeoKenX or Zeo's Shop

I know who you are, and your post still leaves mine 100% true. So your point is?

#239 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

Yes lol

As khimarri said in final fantasy x,
PICK SPOT, SHUT UP, WAIT!

Did that for years,even completed the Sphere Grid backwards and still only spotted tombs.=o

#240 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

Did that for years,even completed the Sphere Grid backwards and still only spotted tombs.=o

Ur doing something horrible wrong if I can use a sinx with no gods or mvps and out canp a rk and sura against orc Lord. Just one example how it can be done if u trully used khimarri words ;)

#241 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

I know who you are, and your post still leaves mine 100% true. So your point is?

There's a gauge rating on post %ages o.O? Or in actual confrontation? =o?

My point is that I want you to show me that MvPs arent camped as hard as they are.=o Iam interested in seeing that in action.

#242 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

I never seen your name on important MVP tombs ever. o.O But I did know you like to grope guys in game and take off girl's socks and tickle their feet a lot though.

#243 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

I never seen your name on important MVP tombs ever. o.O But I did know you like to grope guys in game and take off girl's socks and tickle their feet a lot though.

Lies!!! o.o

#244 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

xD I got screen shots for records because you are so weird.. Just got to dig them up. But anyways, that's beside the point.

You can try Orc Lords and Orc Heroes for starters. I caught them alive a lot while leveling my alts.

#245 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Maybe they shouldn't have been given bad advice from these players when Para Market is in :X

I like how you totally glazed over the fact that this encourages people to buy zeny. Or maybe that's what you want the game's economy to devolve into.

#246 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

xD I got screen shots for records because you are so weird.. Just got to dig them up. But anyways, that's beside the point.

You can try Orc Lords and Orc Heroes for starters. I caught them alive a lot while leveling my alts.

They must have been DBed because those are among the top 8+ that I go after outside of the instances.Those screenshots were probably from some twin or something =o And unless its my time zone playing a role (EST) MvPs are usually Tomb on sight.

#247 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

You can't Bloody branch on fields so no, those were natural spawn. Even my Otterly members who are very casual found it alive often and got random mvps a lot here and there. You win some, and lose some. It's natural and it's why MvP comping is fun.

#248 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

You can't Bloody branch on fields so no, those were natural spawn. Even my Otterly members who are very casual found it alive often and got random mvps a lot here and there. You win some, and lose some. It's natural and it's why MvP comping is fun.

Then I must lose some and lose a whole lot then huh? =o Because I havent seen The Queen,Ifirt,Gloom just to name a few for months and counting alive outside of BBs

#249 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

... Really? Because my guild members were able to kill quite a bit of MVPs when we hosted an event last November, and none of them had any gods or mvp gears.

In the event my guildies killed a total of 591 mvps with no convex, gods or mvp gears used. Ifrit is alive quite often, Gloom is heavily comped by a godded Gen but we did caught it alive once.

And again, it's MVP competition. If you lose and lose a lot and never win... You need to reevaluate how you play and maybe learn how to get better. =x

#250 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

It's a matter of effort and some luck. Don't expect to do a free walk through the map and find a brand new shiny MVP waiting for you. The MVP can be anywhere in the map, and you must spend time searching for it, which is influenced by luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users