Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 11 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#251 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

Also, they don't have bot problems as massive as ours. Any players that think this will benefit newbies/ legitimate players first forget that the bots will have first hand advantage than them. You will still end up having to pay botters for these materials/ items.

https://youtu.be/0-NqJ3Uz2Kw?t=153

this is basically most kro maps in the server thats similar to ours altough the staff here sometimes ban bots while kro never does

#252 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

https://youtu.be/0-NqJ3Uz2Kw?t=153

this is basically most kro maps in the server thats similar to ours altough the staff here sometimes ban bots while kro never does

WOOOOW, at least we are not there...yet

#253 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

Oh I have seen that. Thing is our GMs ban bots makes it harder for high level botters to roam around, while kRO doesn't but they can't make 230490324 alts like we do. Again, different meta. If our GMs don't ban bots you bet these issue will be here too and much worst.

Is that still happening though? It's a 2012 video so I'm not sure.

#254 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:24 PM

... Really? Because my guild members were able to kill quite a bit of MVPs when we hosted an event last November, and none of them had any gods or mvp gears.

In the event my guildies killed a total of 591 mvps with no convex, gods or mvp gears used. Ifrit is alive quite often, Gloom is heavily comped by a godded Gen but we did caught it alive once.

And again, it's MVP competition. If you lose and lose a lot and never win... You need to reevaluate how you play and maybe learn how to get better. =x

Then whats wrong in asking for some tips/alternatives via the Paramarket then? =o? Its not all about being able of doing it.Some classes just have it better than others.If I lose and lose alot when I cant even see what is on the screen,while luck is playing a course,I do not think its all on me entirely.

#255 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

Then whats wrong in asking for some tips/alternatives via the Paramarket then? =o? Its not all about being able of doing it.Some classes just have it better than others.If I lose and lose alot when I cant even see what is on the screen,while luck is playing a course,I do not think its all on me entirely.

Because that means you will never grow. :) Because you need to rely on something like Para Market to make the game ez mode for you. And I do think it's all on you. Even one of my new member that is only level 100+ manage to get quite a few MVP kills and not complain about losing competition.

Edited by WarlockFier, 21 April 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#256 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

yes since kro isnt in a good position to ban people these bots will be safe forever

also it's rather easy to get another kro account when you can buy them for about 2~5 usd depending on the website and rmt a bit to make back the lost money

Edited by needmorezleep, 21 April 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#257 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

... Really? Because my guild members were able to kill quite a bit of MVPs when we hosted an event last November, and none of them had any gods or mvp gears.

In the event my guildies killed a total of 591 mvps with no convex, gods or mvp gears used. Ifrit is alive quite often, Gloom is heavily comped by a godded Gen but we did caught it alive once.

And again, it's MVP competition. If you lose and lose a lot and never win... You need to reevaluate how you play and maybe learn how to get better. =x

About this, Fier is right, granted ZeroKen talk about Queen i know the people who were camping her and they are actually a group of people, not a single person that rotate and sometimes go in group to hunt mvps, so more people = more chances to randomly encounter a mvp (because they can search in more locations at time). I say, you can compete against people hunting MVPS, well yeah, i mean of course that in terms of dmg, the one with better gear has the upper hand, but in some cases that doesnt matter, good examples of that is Eddga, GTB, Missy, Both Orcs, where mostly is finder's keeper. so in those cases is more a thing of luck. About the non so easy MVPs, well i say get a group of people and start hunting with them, you will have more chances and will be more fun too.

#258 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

Well, I play Ragnarok for a couple years and I never killed a MvP before, and I admit that's because I'm very lazy to spend time looking for them :v Maybe it's not your case, but it's mine, and I'm okay with that. I don't have much time to play, so I rather spend the time that I can play, socializing and doing something with other players/parties than waiting for MVPs and competing for them.

Edited by Tequilla, 21 April 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#259 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Newbies then would at least have again something to look forward in working even harder

I never work hard.....too lazy....

#260 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Then that's odd they don't seem to experience the same kind of abuse we have with alted stasis warlocks and 234334 alted suicide mechs.

I still stand by that kRO and iRO have vast differences in culture, game mechanics (their aspd formula is different too, using prere formula), different exp rates and drop rates, no gramps, etc though. They have different problems there as well I am sure and isn't all perfect.

#261 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Lies!!! o.o

Just gonna throw it out there that I'm friends with you on my RG and you ran Bios Island with Akupuff and I when it was first implemented and I can confirm you do indeed enjoy groping frequently (and enjoy making  =o faces frequently, not necessarily while groping but I can't confirm you don't either).

exdee

#262 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Well, I play Ragnarok for a couple years and I never killed a MvP before, and I admit that's because I'm very lazy to spend time looking for them :v Maybe it's not your case, but it's mine, and I'm okay with that. I don't have much time to play, so I rather spend the time that I can play, socializing and doing something with other players/parties than waiting for MVPs and competing for them.

I don't think that's bad. MVPs are meant to be competitive aspect of the game... Not everyone is into it. And my guildies and I don't always solo camp mvps, we sometimes go together as groups just for fun and socialize/ camp mvp at the same time too.

If all field mvps is too hard, there's still summoner and ET already to cater towards that. Eddga being in summoner is a nice change of pace. If people want certain items that are from mvps but don't want to comp the natural spawn, wait for the GMs to implement them in summoner then or ask them to rotate it the mvps often. I really rather work for something than have it so easily buyable from npcs. :\

#263 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Then that's odd they don't seem to experience the same kind of abuse we have with alted stasis warlocks and 234334 alted suicide mechs.

I still stand by that kRO and iRO have vast differences in culture, game mechanics (their aspd formula is different too, using prere formula), different exp rates and drop rates, no gramps, etc though. They have different problems there as well I am sure and isn't all perfect.

Well i know they dont have the "alting" problem we have and, their woes are very PVP oriented, different from Chaos. Im uite surprised about the bot thing tho, but as you say, everything cant be perfect.

#264 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

Just gonna throw it out there that I'm friends with you on my RG and you ran Bios Island with Akupuff and I when it was first implemented and I can confirm you do indeed enjoy groping frequently (and enjoy making =o faces frequently, not necessarily while groping but I can't confirm you don't either).

exdee

So you enjoyed being groped by Zen?......may i also grope you?

#265 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

Their woes had to resort to PVP oriented. The amount of absurdly overpowered equipment and shadow gears the management keeps pumping out just lets everyone 1 shot everything.

WoE is a dying feature that once was the center point of the game, being killed off and replaced with $$$ and broken gameplay.

One can only hope kRO doesn't force this upon other servers that still have, and are controlled by people who actually like woe.

Wait a minute, they already begun doing so when they forced Unfrozen Shadow for the sake of revenue onto us.

Edited by Toxn, 21 April 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#266 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

So you enjoyed being groped by Zen?......may i also grope you?

I never said that and you should probably know that I'm armed with a taser :V.

#267 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

I don't think that's bad. MVPs are meant to be competitive aspect of the game... Not everyone is into it. And my guildies and I don't always solo camp mvps, we sometimes go together as groups just for fun and socialize/ camp mvp at the same time too.

If all field mvps is too hard, there's still summoner and ET already to cater towards that. Eddga being in summoner is a nice change of pace. If people want certain items that are from mvps but don't want to comp the natural spawn, wait for the GMs to implement them in summoner then or ask them to rotate it the mvps often. I really rather work for something than have it so easily buyable from npcs. :\

Totally agree with you. What I was trying to say is that finding a MVP requires effort and luck, so people that complain about not finding it don't have one of them or either. So, I recognize that I don't find any MVPs because I don't put effort on it, and I'm ok with that. If someday I find myself in need of a MVP item, I'll probably have to buy it since I don't want to spend my time competing for it. It's way cooler when you see that item that you were eager for dropping in the ground, of course, but sadly I don't have the time to it. It's like WoE, I find it cool, and it would be nice to try it someday, but most guilds (if not all) requires players to be active and present in every WoE, or at least once in a week, and I'm not into it, I don't have time for that and don't like to feel forced to participate in something, so I just avoid it... But I won't complain about don't having KvM points because I know why I don't have them.

#268 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Because that means you will never grow. :) Because you need to rely on something like Para Market to make the game ez mode for you. And I do think it's all on you. Even one of my new members that is only level 100 manage to get quite a few MVP kills and not complain about losing competition.

Hey,it goes hand and hand with the MvP never being around since its "easy" as you make it out to be huh? =o? No one complaining btw,only explaining and exploring solutions =o =o

#269 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

I really rather work for something than have it so easily buyable from npcs. :\

You know whats kinda funny about that? Ive been saying that the prices of Paramarket should be higher to accommodate that yet no one has not explained to me why it isnt? How is spending like lets say 80m+ for a Alca easily buyable when earlier I was told by someone "Oh then no one would ever used the Market if they are too high" =o?

#270 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hey,it goes hand and hand with the MvP never being around since its "easy" as you make it out to be huh? =o? No one complaining btw,only explaining and exploring solutions =o =o

Just gonna throw it out there: our guild slayed 566 MVPs in November 2015 (actually more than this but this was the sum of the hunters who killed 25 of more). All solo kills, all hunted on maps, and only one of us was a more experienced MVP hunter. The rest of us were more or less considered newcomers to the MVP game with decent gears - nothing special - and most of us weren't even on genes. So yes: field MVPs are usually around and new players can in fact go out and kill them.

And none of this is bs, we have screenies of all 566+ kills made during that month.

#271 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Yeah but a member got a MVP card but didn't win the grave so I am disappointed with that event :v

#272 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:12 PM

Yeah will an Ashuckel card doesn't exist on the server yet so w/e.

#273 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:13 PM

Thats because Octopus Cave is useless

#274 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Just gonna throw it out there: our guild slayed 566 MVPs in November 2015 (actually more than this but this was the sum of the hunters who killed 25 of more). All solo kills, all hunted on maps, and only one of us was a more experienced MVP hunter. The rest of us were more or less considered newcomers to the MVP game with decent gears - nothing special - and most of us weren't even on genes. So yes: field MVPs are usually around and new players can in fact go out and kill them.

And none of this is bs, we have screenies of all 566+ kills made during that month.

Iam not doubting the accomplishment because Ive been hunting on and off as a vigilante myself and with my RK +Gears + Rune skills alone can kill most of the MvPs in game up until Valk (DB doesnt work on her due to her element I guess?).During those months Ive have been on and active,Ive found nearly the same amount of Tombs as you reported to me as kills oddly enough =o

#275 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

=o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users