Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 8 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#176 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

"... providing a realistic zeny sink should someone choose to buy these items..."

giphy.gif

#177 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

Looking at the list there are some basic things I am going to be proposed removed. Like the Endless Tower loots.. Those really should come from ET only.

Investment loots should only come from investment please

#178 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Anyone against para market is a doomsayer. There is no past data set to point to to know how it will affect the server. This is wild speculation.

Exactly. You are awesome!

#179 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:28 AM

All im saying is keep investment loots and items in investments. it shouldnt need to be in para market and were cool. Kay Thanks ^.^

#180 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

All im saying is keep investment loots and items in investments. it shouldnt need to be in para market and were cool. Kay Thanks ^.^

I agree. You are awesome too.

#181 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

so it should be agreed upon para market should co exist with investment. but paramarket should not have investment items. so they both can be used.

#182 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

No.

#183 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

1. If you're put the items drop in the monsters, the bots will just farm it for you instead of the Paramarket. Have you done any quest lately like the Dragonheim? Everybody was skipping over the entire mats farming parts. There were merchants vending ten of thousands of quest mats for profit but still pretty cheap, whether it was botted or not is another story. Everybody went straight to the boss hunt. 

2. You can almost pretty much already buying anything in the market today, cheap too, because the bots were farming them 24/7. 

3. I don't know what do you get 10000x rate from. Hundreds of bots were farming strawberry and we're still having a shortage almost every day. Paramarket could potentially fix supply issue and undercutting bots, while providing zeny sink which I don't think it's a bad thing at all. It also can put a price cap on particular items and artificially limit the item price from going above it. Everybody was complaining about how inflated the price was. 

1. I've said that, considering an imminent Para Market implement. IF that was going to happen, I suggested that instead of Mora Coins for sell (that you obtain through quest/farming items), they could put the Mora Equips items for drop. For example, they could be a MVP drop. I might be wrong in that, because I don't know the extension of a bot capability, but I believe a bot couldn't farm stuff from MVP... 

2. I rather give my zeny to someone, so I now it will rotate and may come back to me by selling my items to players, than giving it to the server and vanishing with it forever. If I give my zeny to someone, it may come back to me. If I give it to the server, the GMs are not going to raise sell prices from NCPs so I can get more money just because I bought stuff from NPCs.

3. From ratemyserver servers where they have 200 players online, all  Lv 175/60 but using Eden equip and no one to farm and resell stuff, so a Durga [1] costs 600m zeny. Then, they have to put something like Para Market so players can buy equipments and continue playing in their servers.

@Topic: Honestly, I'm just thinking in the server. Just think about it: Yes, you can buy pretty much everything from players/botters. But, you can also play the game, do instances, quests, and get those things that you want, and save your money for stuff that don't drop normally, like stuff that were sold for a limited time in Kafra Shop.
People say "Oh, Para Market will help newbies because they can't do instances"; what a newbie gonna do with a White Wing Suit FS13? Everything has it's time. There's a reason for stuff to drop only from specific level monsters and instances with level pre-requisite. When a newbie get to a specif level, he will be able to use the items that he wants to, but until there, being able to buy those items earlier will be of no use for them.

#184 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

lol y not mean ass

No.

#185 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

I can't take people seriously when they say it will benefit "newbies". Everything about the Paramarket cuts into any attempt new players have at making zeny.

#186 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

I can't take people seriously when they say it will benefit "newbies". Everything about the Paramarket cuts into any attempt new players have at making zeny.

then request a removal of such items that are drops in game. and investment items. ^.^

#187 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Or you know, don't have the Paramarket.

#188 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

i have a good idea,ask kRO for the 175/60 update for expanded instead of paramarket 

:p_idea:

i still think we should put some ''famous'' consumables on the para market,kill the bots.

I can't see a reason to avoid putting Straws,aloe;no one will actually farm this to sell since those maps are 99% bot.

#189 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6861 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

turn paramarket into a new place for auction house ^.^

#190 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

so it should be agreed upon para market should co exist with investment. but paramarket should not have investment items. so they both can be used.

I have a love-hate relationship with investment, because i know, there some legit investors that actually do the thing the way it has to be done, i mean, opneing over 2k times the frikin npc or so...but also i know that some other exploit this instance so evidently and basically they get the items by botting the machine, and thats really, kind of, meh :v.

About the ParaMarket itself im with kaddy there, we are mostly speculating here, i dont know how this work on kRO, (even when Toxn post those server login images i dont really get it clear if was implemented on Baphomet, or if was super localized ONLY on the low population servers) Because i think Baphomet server has pretty much our same population (according to the ss Toxn or Fier post, i dont recall).

#191 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

About the ParaMarket itself im with kaddy there, we are mostly speculating here, i dont know how this work on kRO, (even when Toxn post those server login images i dont really get it clear if was implemented on Baphomet, or if was super localized ONLY on the low population servers) Because i think Baphomet server has pretty much our same population (according to the ss Toxn or Fier post, i dont recall).

It is on all 5 of kROs servers, and was balanced to work on them.

Thing is though, their economies doesn't suffer from super inflation like ours does. In both terms of zeny and items.

Not to mention the differences in meta. rarely will you ever see someone using potions over there for pvm/mvp/etc. A lot of players stack Small + Medium + Large Life Potions (we don't even have the large potions here) or Leech Gears to live. Lets also not forget the billion more overpowered shadow sets kRO throws out for limited time durations, and Sealed MVP cards that basically replace any need to have the full card.

Edited by Toxn, 21 April 2016 - 09:04 AM.

#192 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3206 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

Having Para Market will be a plus for end-gamers. More options to choose from- camping on ragial, sitting on the field socializing, doings instance, MVP hunting, PVP and some others.

Now, they can camp on Para Market too.  :heh:

Busyness is business.

Let's accept change and shouldn't be afraid to face it coz if it fails then we can learn from it.

All the way to Para Market!!!  :heh:

#193 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5140 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

it's like the unfrozen shadow set. speculation is now true. 99% of the community was against the items or asked for it to be pvm only.

CMs did nothing for testing even though they said they would, did nothing against mvps working with the shadow sets, even those THEY proposed it themselves -> higher damage towards players with normal gears -> people with taos having frozen immunity = harder to kill as well. = WOE is oneshot fest for lesser geared people = not fun.

When people say "oh it's just speculation", the speculation comes for somewhere. Gaming Market trends are cross-platform, cross-games. They're still being played by PEOPLE. People arent going to behave any differently just because it's a different game.

Things will are always linear. And so this speculation will be proven true when time comes.

Edited by KamiKali, 21 April 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#194 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 10155 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

We are requesting feedback from kRO about how the paramarket affected their service and any other services it was implemented on. For the time being the paramarket system is being shelved and will not be implemented with the 15.1 Update. We will be focusing on getting 15.1 tested and implemented and then tackle paramarket and see if we can make it viable for our service some how.

#195 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5140 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

We are requesting feedback from kRO about how the paramarket affected their service and any other services it was implemented on. For the time being the paramarket system is being shelved and will not be implemented with the 15.1 Update.

So let's talk about WOE and Unfrozen sets? :p_smile:

#196 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

I feel paramarket would be ok  if they remove all the instance/quest reward items from it like mora coins, splendid coins, coag spell etc. Having straws, aloe, ygg seeds in paramarket might reduce the number of bots. Having instance/quest reward items in para-market will only discourage players from doing more PVM stuff. 

#197 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

Should specifically ask how Paramarket affected Baphomet. It would be the closest they have to our server. Even then the differences are night and day between us and them.

#198 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

So let's talk about WOE and Unfrozen sets? :p_smile:

and 175/60 + HP bonus for expanded classes?

#199 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5140 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

and 175/60 + HP bonus for expanded classes?

wut i love my tao'd 30k hp gunslinger 8D

#200 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

We are requesting feedback from kRO about how the paramarket affected their service and any other services it was implemented on. For the time being the paramarket system is being shelved and will not be implemented with the 15.1 Update. We will be focusing on getting 15.1 tested and implemented and then tackle paramarket and see if we can make it viable for our service some how.

Thanks for hearing us Camp :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users