Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 9 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#201 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

wut i love my tao'd 30k hp gunslinger 8D

I love my 10 seconds cast 

:rice:

#202 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

People like to call tin hat foil on new things coming and when it happens they they say "Oh i didnt think it would happen" Just like what kami said with the unfrozen, Less people even bother to do woe.

Bring in this para market will have a effect on this game as a whole. Remember Kro and IRO are different. Different mindset, different people, different way to play and have fun in the game. If this is a 100% implementation. then the people over seeing this need to take steps to make sure OUR server is left in good standing when this is implemented. IRO have investment system, putting in para market with out removing investment items from para market will crush investment. Bots will infest para market. If you think it wont happen then your deluded heavily. para market needs to fit IRO server and its economy to make it better not destroy it further.

We are requesting feedback from kRO about how the paramarket affected their service and any other services it was implemented on. For the time being the paramarket system is being shelved and will not be implemented with the 15.1 Update. We will be focusing on getting 15.1 tested and implemented and then tackle paramarket and see if we can make it viable for our service some how.

#203 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

I would honestly all be for the Paramarket if our server was on the brink of economy death. But with how alive it is at the moment, it's an update we don't need for the time being.

#204 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

i would be all for the unfrozen shadow set.. no i wouldn't be.

Okay another attempt

I would be all for the WoE proposals that the community collectively proposed if WoE is on the brink of death .. oh wait it is.

Damn it's not working toxn!

#205 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Thank you Camp. Some faith restored. For now. Asking for datas on the impact of these new updates from other server is definitely a move in the positive direction. We got many pRO players last year, they were so used to a different meta they come here begging for the same. But they keep forgetting it is what destroyed their server.

Para Market benefits players who don't do a lot of PVM activities like instances or MVP farmings.. I noticed a lot of the people wanting Para Market barely did any sort of PVM activities and rely a lot on Kafra Shop items to make Zeny. Zeny comes from people who PVM though, and it is a circle of life in the economy. It's dangerous to implement something that would negatively impact the PVM aspect of the game in such massive ways. You got to have to find that balance between both. Because if PVM players stop playing, you lose a larger population of players. (that's not to say PVM players don't spend wpe/ kp either).

Besides, what's the point of playing the game anymore after getting all the gears? Not everyone play woe. And a lot of people enjoy running instances, doing daily quests and working their way up.

Edited by WarlockFier, 21 April 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#206 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

Thank you Camp. Some faith restored. For now. Asking for datas on the impact of these new updates from other server is definitely a move in the positive direction. We got many pRO players last year, they were so used to a different meta they come here begging for the same. But they keep forgetting it is what destroyed their server.

Para Market benefits players who don't do a lot of PVM activities like instances or MVP farmings.. I noticed a lot of the people wanting Para Market barely did any sort of PVM activities and rely a lot on Kafra Shop items to make Zeny. Zeny comes from people who PVM though, and it is a circle of life in the economy. It's dangerous to implement something that would negatively impact the PVM aspect of the game in such massive ways. You got to have to find that balance between both. Because if PVM players stop playing, you lose a larger population of players. (that's not to say PVM players don't spend wpe/ kp either).

Besides, what's the point of playing the game anymore after getting all the gears? Not everyone play woe. And a lot of people enjoy running instances, doing daily quests and working their way up.

^ This is what i do, i only play RO for PVM activities and having instance/quest items in para-market would have had a huge negative effect on me and other players like me. 

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 21 April 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#207 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

this would have zeny rupt me

#208 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

The bot problem is irrevelant to this case.  If you remove the incentive to bot strawberries, bots will move to some other consumable item.  Level restrictions won't help because time is not a problem for an automated program.

Paramarket MVP drops shouldn't be a problem.

Give other players an alternative in obtaining these items, instead of a single player manipulating, say, tiger footskins..  No one wants to compete against an MVP/god item geared genetic camping the same MVP for the past year like stink on doodoo.  One player wins, while the rest of the population is at the mercy of the person if they want these items.  However, what the paramarket lacks is a chance for the MVP card dropping. Both parties win. 

Other items I feel are too sensitive, and possibly can make instances obsolete.

So far I haven't read any legitimate concerns over MVP drops in the market, and I'd be willing to read some because I sometimes forget implications 

Bingo,exactly what I was getting at.The only thing i suggest is that they should be as hard as it is to prepare/hunt MvPs.For exmaple hmm Alca are usually like what,15m in the market normally? They should be like 20-25m in the Paramarket to reflect the diffculty of getting that from the Queen.Me and you are on the same page on that. =o

#209 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

I agree with Zero, disable vending in Prontera + Eden and enable it there, all vends in one place.

Or have something like fRO where vending is disabled on the main roads in Prontera, makes it a lot cleaner.

Edited by YuyaFungami, 21 April 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#210 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

Bingo,exactly what I was getting at.The only thing i suggest is that they should be as hard as it is to prepare/hunt MvPs.For exmaple hmm Alca are usually like what,15m in the market normally? They should be like 20-25m in the Paramarket to reflect the diffculty of getting that from the Queen.Me and you are on the same page on that. =o

WOT

#211 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

MVP loots are meant to be valuable though. Otherwise why are they MVPs? And not everyone that is fully godded comps MVPs in fields. I have come across a lot of players that are decently geared and still win MVPs against godded players.

#212 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Some non-recognizable ranger got a Pharaoh card this morning. 

#213 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

If WP being creative, this could kill lotsa farming bot activity, couldn't do much on vending bot at least it's something...btw someone please explain how para-market npc buying system work? limited item or as long you have zeny to buy and pile up your storage?

#214 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

Some non-recognizable ranger got a Pharaoh card this morning. 

Fuyuki-kun? o:

#215 emptystomach

emptystomach

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

selling cash box item too? sell those box at for zeny so I don't have to waste time and risk converting zeny to kp

Edited by emptystomach, 21 April 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#216 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

In before they implement Para Market anyways because they forgot to remove it from the update files.

#217 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

Just implement it. People need to learn to stop complaining with every patch update.

#218 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

Just implement it. People need to learn to stop complaining with every patch update.

So you want us to join the ranks of pRO, ruRO, and cRO?

#219 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:25 AM

Anyone against para market is a doomsayer. There is no past data set to point to to know how it will affect the server. This is wild speculation.

A good suggestion by chakri before or mrrice whoever it was, make para mark items either bound by account or buyable only with kp/wpe.
Complain all you want free users, i have money and you dont hahahaha.im all for capitalism so long as its me and fellow cash throwers controlling the market. Never work hard, work smart.
And i would be happy to buy and give to kaddy because i love her, but not as much as cinnamod.

#220 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

So you want us to join the ranks of pRO, ruRO, and cRO?

Why didn't you mention kRO? They have the Para Market. Not sure about jRO, someone needs to confirm that for me.

Not everything is so 1-Dimensional. People just see the bad side of all this and don't even bother to trying to experiment to learn more about it. I don't completely understand the effects it has yet or will lead to in the future but that's why it's important for me to experience this in game before making the call to toss it.

Speaking of those servers shutting down, I doubt it was due to Para Market.

#221 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

It is on all 5 of kROs servers, and was balanced to work on them.

Thing is though, their economies doesn't suffer from super inflation like ours does. In both terms of zeny and items.

Oh yeah, also forgot to mention, the default rates of both EXP and Drops on kRO is 30%.

Not everything is so 1-Dimensional. People just see the bad side of all this and don't even bother to trying to experiment to learn more about it. I don't completely understand the effects it has yet or will lead to in the future but that's why it's important for me to experience this in game before making the call to toss it.

And what if the effects of it ends up actually destroying the economy? Then what? It will be too late to rollback and repair the damage. It will be too late to remove the update. It's a thin line to cross and you shouldn't cross it without precaution.

Paramarket certainly has the ability to destroy the economy. And with kROs default settings for it, it most likely will. iRO can alter the Paramarket to fit our servers, but why?

As I've already mentioned, RO has been a game which economy has been completely player base driven. There are no price caps on 99% of the items in the game. Anything can be any amount if people are willing to buy it. For me, that is one of the great things about this game. Paramarket is a slap in the face to that idea though. It sets zeny caps on items players can sell for. No one would ever want to buy OCAs for more than 2.5m if an NPC handed it out at X:XX a day. That's just one item example of course, but there is many more like it from the Paramarket.

The idea of a zeny sink is all well and good, but the implementation of the Paramarket in the form kRO made it isn't.

Edited by Toxn, 21 April 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#222 NormalPeople

NormalPeople

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Thor /Chaos, mostly Thor

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

This is interesting  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#223 Tequilla

Tequilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Dictatorship

#224 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

The reason Para Market was created on kRO was already explained in one of the earlier pages in this thread. They have a completely different meta and culture there and their market is really inactive, unlike ours.

Also, they don't have bot problems as massive as ours. Any players that think this will benefit newbies/ legitimate players first forget that the bots will have first hand advantage than them. You will still end up having to pay botters for these materials/ items.

Even if not botters, cheaters, etc. Our cheating issue are much more problematic here than in every other server.

Edited by WarlockFier, 21 April 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#225 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

Why didn't you mention kRO? They have the Para Market. Not sure about jRO, someone needs to confirm that for me.

Speaking of those servers shutting down, I doubt it was due to Para Market.

Because it's as Toxn says, they don't have to deal with issues like botting and hacking as much as us, if at all. The developers will implement stuff that they feel would be good for kRO, the rest of the officials be damned.

Let me break it down for you folks who think this update is the second coming of Jesus for iRO.

Newbie player comes into the game and gets advice to sell certain items. They set up a vend, but don't get any sales for weeks. Said newbie comes into the forums to discover that the reason they're not getting any sales is that the Para Market is selling those items at a lower price. Newbie goes "hmm, that seems more convenient to buy the items rather than farm them from monsters and instances. However, I don't have enough money to buy what I need from the Para Market. Oh hey, someone's selling zeny!"

Gold sellers praise Para Market for keeping them in business.

Players see iRO as supporting gold sellers because they implemented Para Market. They move on to another game that actually allows them to make money off item drops as opposed to everything being buyable from NPCs.

Newbies can't buy from the Para Market because the stock is emptied by bots and players with enough zeny to buy out the stock. Players with lower in-game income can't make use of the Para Market and they can't make money off drops because the Para Market is a better alternative for buyers.

WP loses even more business. The end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users