#1 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:49 AM

Has anyone tested 2x Elvira cards  with a +9 Empowered golden rod staff [Zakudam] damage on this server?

I would like to know the potential this has.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

You realize you need the complete mora set to get the wind magic dmg bonus right? I wouldnt switch my temp boots for that

#3 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:18 AM

would like to know too.

but i think the damage wont be higher because it only amplify 100% wind damage from -_-ty total matk.

on a side not, if for woe, pre 175 a guildie play wind tetra with mora set, and it actually kill ppl.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:26 AM

Having +100%(set+2x elviras)wind magic damage is around 42% highes than just 40%(2x elviras). But you lose temporal boots, aka much highes spam with temp dex/90-100 matk with temp int. Lose armor slot, lose rwc pendant, etc. I'd never do this.

#5 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:57 AM

You realize you need the complete mora set to get the wind magic dmg bonus right? I wouldnt switch my temp boots for that

A year or so ago I compared full mora set vs temporal INT (w/o proc) and mora came out ahead by a mile.  Also did FBH shoes + a plus 9 empowered staff set and If I remember correctly the mora set is the 2nd best possible combination.  It's the poor mans FBH's (if u know how to switch gears fast).

keep in mind this was before elvira cards, so maybe I'll do another spreadsheet on this.  idk.

#6 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

Emp. Staffs have 2 Slots? Tought you lose 1 slot.

#7 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

Only has 1 slot.  It's hidden.

It's not mentioned on the irowiki page, but you can get additional special enchantments such as Spell 3 on the rod by talking to the same NPC other classes use for +9 gear.

#8 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

without empow​ered crimson set items in the description

#9 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:30 AM

This is irrelevant.  Those gears are unobtainable on iRO.  

k

Now show me how to beat the damage from Empower Set excluding MVP cards?

?

?!?!?

#10 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

Yea I just like posting that warlocks vids lol. Is the dmg increase from that empowered set worthwile I see everyone using SOD/GSOD or TSOD so guessing not or its a pain to have all of them.

Edited by YangeWenli, 21 April 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#11 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

If you can find an empowered set, GOOD LUCK TO YOU BRO>! lel

#12 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Jup wish would stop linking video's from kro. last time i checked this was iro. totally useless.

#13 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

Yea I just like posting that warlocks vids lol. Is the dmg increase from that empowered set worthwile I see everyone using SOD/GSOD or TSOD so guessing not or its a pain to have all of them.

tbh, i think that mora sets actually are a big pump on the dmg, i mean i just use a regular one for tetra vortex when i have to do it on pvm and the dmg increase a little bit. All in all will depend a lot on the refine of your staff and what other things you are wearing...I remember that Cory made a chart on how the dmg go high super fast when using empowered+set on specific element dmg. ]On the other hand good luck getting E.Staves, the proccess is retardely slow and painful.

#14 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

I have a a few graphs and calculations I will post tomorrow i'm working on atm.

It'll be updated including mora set, KVM staff, TSOD set, and Staff of destruction.

And I don't think i'll ever sell my empowered golden rod. 

Edited by cory, 21 April 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#15 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

I try to make an empowered crimson and....i end with nothing :C

#16 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

alright guess the chart is something to look forward to then and ill prob never have a empowered staff unless some random guy sale on ragial  D:

#17 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

Can you enlighten me on where are you planning to use the empowered set? Levelling? GMT? MVP? or WOE? coz i only see the usefullness in woe. Other situation is not practical PVM unless you are playing with a pre-stacked friend that know warlock can do other thing than freezing mobs.

And, i think only rsb r tetra build benefit the most. Idk if switching gear while current CL is bouncing will recalculate the damage.

#18 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

Not many mobs are level 4 elementals.  Also, the problem with the KVM staff is that its only for demihumans.  The Mora staffs fit all niches except elemental 3-4 levels.  

#19 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

Actually for leveling they are quite good, in terms of good dmg for cheap, you are going to be stuck with one element tho, but most maps are more organized than TIs in terms of type-element of the monster you are fighting, and i think that for levelling Crimson is hands down the best probably.

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Jup wish would stop linking video's from kro. last time i checked this was iro. totally useless.

I disagree. It helps us see that maybe... just maybe, the problem with Warlock is the server, not the class.

I'd really like to know how they can get this combination of quick casting (not all spells are memorized in that video) and damage (EDIT: Just looked at the video's discription). We should REALLY start pestering the GMs, asking for these gears...

Edited by Kusanagisama, 25 April 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#21 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:10 AM

the sets should be modifyed, that you dont need the shoes to make the set work

#22 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

Or the staves should be modified, so that you won't need the set to get the damage increment. :P

#23 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

I digress.  The damage would be totally ridiculous to have Temporal INT shoes and the empowered set, 2x elvira cards, FBH shoes.  

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

kRO made more ridiculous stuff already, dont worry :v

#25 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

I digress.  The damage would be totally ridiculous to have Temporal INT shoes and the empowered set, 2x elvira cards, FBH shoes.  

Not only do the mora staffs need to be modified to be stand alone, they also need to be modified to cover all elements and not just one. The staves also should drop from monsters and not some massively -_-ty rng npc.

Nothing op about that, look at rangers, 50% variable cast time reduction on a accessory, a set that gives them more then 100% arrow storm increase dmg, a helmet that gives another 39% increase on dmg and a weapon that gives them another 60%. Cast is practically instant, 11x11 aoe. And covers all elements.

I didn't even bother equiping a mid / low piece head, because for what? not like you need more dmg lol. I can always up the dmg by 200% by pressing no limit and just laugh while everything instantly disappears.

I vote for magical converts and a bxb style staff, or any staff that increases dmg more drastically to start with.

And i can list a lot more changes.

But in order to do this, there actually needs to be some form of balance in this game lol. and we all know IRO doesn't like that one bit.

I disagree. It helps us see that maybe... just maybe, the problem with Warlock is the server, not the class.

I'd really like to know how they can get this combination of quick casting (not all spells are memorized in that video) and damage (EDIT: Just looked at the video's discription). We should REALLY start pestering the GMs, asking for these gears...

Classes are unbalanced for a reason. They want it to be unbalanced, because that's what there servers after all these years reflect. Maybe when we get a bow that gives 200% arrow storm dmg each refine for 10m, they will throw a bone to warlocks and make a 65% increase dmg weapon that needs 4 gear slots to even function and has some impossible rng solutions to even get it, and then still lock it away behind 1 element, which is a total broken concept to start with. Oh wait they already did this for warlocks lamo.

All you can do at the effort for balance for this team =  :heh:

The fun part is that there are people actually defending there efforts.

Edited by gatygun, 26 April 2016 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users