#27 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:15 AM

I can always up the dmg by 200% by pressing no limit and just laugh while everything instantly disappears.

So you wasted skill points on No Limit :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh: ​ 

#28 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

I was joking, but the answer to what I said is a standalone joke. This explains perfectly why:

Nothing op about that, look at rangers, 50% variable cast time reduction on a accessory, a set that gives them more then 100% arrow storm increase dmg, a helmet that gives another 39% increase on dmg and a weapon that gives them another 60%. Cast is practically instant, 11x11 aoe. And covers all elements.

I didn't even bother equiping a mid / low piece head, because for what? not like you need more dmg lol. I can always up the dmg by 200% by pressing no limit and just laugh while everything instantly disappears.

I vote for magical converts and a bxb style staff, or any staff that increases dmg more drastically to start with.

And i can list a lot more changes.

[...]

The fun part is that there are people actually defending there efforts.

Thank you.

#29 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

I was joking, but the answer to what I said is a standalone joke. This explains perfectly why:

Thank you.

It's even worse then that, its 250% no limit, and all the other parts can also be enchanted further and refined to give more additional dmg besides basic stat points. 

Then they also got regen gear, that makes them pretty much self sustained forever, get loads of buffs that also increases there dmg further that just stick on the char no amp nonsense.

And if you want to make a budget build, you can get white wing set for what 12,5m?, elven bow costs you like 10m, and you can get a sound amp with phen for 55m, converters are dirt cheap and arrows the same thing. For a total expense or 22,5 + 55 = 77,5m. 

So you wasted skill points on No Limit  :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh: ​ 

That doesn't even make any sense. Did you even play ranger? 

How do you waste points with ranger? to get no limit maxed, camouflage maxed and arrow storm maxed you only need 32 points out of the 60. What else is there to get for ranger? I got 44 job levels on the char, didn't bother to select anything after. That's the most fun part about ranger, while lock needs every single job skill, ranger is pretty much done at 32 job levels. 

So how exactly is that a waste of skill points? If there was a a 30 skill point needed dmg increase of 10 more attack dmg, i would pick it up because what else to do with the points lol. Besides riding on a pet yay which costs you a amzing 3 points extra.

And as dps who doesn't want to get 250% more dmg for a minute every four minutes? It's practically free dmg. And massive burst every now and then. It also helps big time with farming to regen hp with a vana helmet.

And ofcourse no limit is a self buff that works with arrow storm which covers all elements. But if a warlock asks for a cookie it's to op....

#30 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

WOOPS I thought you meant another skill.  :p_ang:

#31 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Why compare warlock to one of the top chars in game ATM next you complain about rune knight being tanker and doing more aoe dps and soon to get their cast delay reduction they need with excellion set if you look at the top classes now they are either ranged physical or simply physical so maybe maybe better to compare warlock to magic users

Edited by YangeWenli, 27 April 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#32 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:16 PM

yeah, compare to super novices instead

#33 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

Why compare warlock to one of the top chars in game ATM next you complain about rune knight being tanker and doing more aoe dps and soon to get their cast delay reduction they need with excellion set if you look at the top classes now they are either ranged physical or simply physical so maybe maybe better to compare warlock to magic users

At least you can't do much with cheap gears on an RK, as you can on a Ranger, and the early game DB damage with so-so gears (e.g.: pecopeco armor + Variant Shoes + Turkey + 4 Kingbird Mace + 300 HP/100 SP Seals) really sucks. Even on high level the damage will suck without a EA 9-10 FAW and at least a Glorious Suit, and the SP consumption will own you without a good Tae Goo. However, you're right about RK being OP for being able to tank quite some damage AND deal tons of damage if properly geared. However, I tend to agree with Fuyukikun here:

Every class should be compared with each other in terms of power and the capacity of performing their role. I believe warlocks are one of the most underpowered classes in these terms. Maestros and Wanderers are way worse at soloing and a bit worse on the damage dealing department, but who doesn't want their buffs? ABs are also not good killers, but who doesn't want a couple ABs at their parties?

There are some gears in kRO that pretty much address all of these, but will we get them here anytime soon? Will we ever get them?

#34 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:55 AM

LMAO xD

My WL is stronger than a SN i have MA to amplify my bolts....oh wait... :/

#35 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

At least you can't do much with cheap gears on an RK, as you can on a Ranger, and the early game DB damage with so-so gears (e.g.: pecopeco armor + Variant Shoes + Turkey + 4 Kingbird Mace + 300 HP/100 SP Seals) really sucks. Even on high level the damage will suck without a EA 9-10 FAW and at least a Glorious Suit, and the SP consumption will own you without a good Tae Goo. However, you're right about RK being OP for being able to tank quite some damage AND deal tons of damage if properly geared. However, I tend to agree with Fuyukikun here:

Every class should be compared with each other in terms of power and the capacity of performing their role. I believe warlocks are one of the most underpowered classes in these terms. Maestros and Wanderers are way worse at soloing and a bit worse on the damage dealing department, but who doesn't want their buffs? ABs are also not good killers, but who doesn't want a couple ABs at their parties?

There are some gears in kRO that pretty much address all of these, but will we get them here anytime soon? Will we ever get them?

I always saw WL as a kind of team player character, on a game that is becaming more about soloing and stuff, WL really shine with a party, consider WL+Maestro is a really good couple. I agree that you need to be well geared to perform, and you probably wont do it on some of the instances by yourself (like RKs or Rangers, or GXs) but i dont know, there is something about the class that i find challenging and i like to play it anyway.

About the gear, we are getting there, slowly, but we eventually get it, dont worry.

#36 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

I agree with you, but sorcerers (well, since it was suggested that we compared WLs to other spellcasters) deal better DPS AND support better their team. :p_laugh:

Wizard has always been a classe that shone with party support, because the high casting times, delays and squishyness was backed up by the highest AoE damage of the game PACKED WITH DISABLES. This has never been true in renewal, and up to the point that iRO is now, the decision to balance classes with gears, and the decisions about which gears would give power to which class and how have been hurting WL a lot, but I hope it will get better in the future. It's still a fun class to play. There's a problem, though, it's terrible to level after 150, since NO PARTY WANTS YOU IN BIOLABS (!!!!!!!!!111one  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh: so much about parties...), and NCT is not really such a great place to level. Just found out yesterday that my friend who mains a GX could turn in 5 BBs with one BMx3, while I can TI a single one and kill 100-120 Big Bells after that. BTW, the gears he used (now he got better ones) had about the same cost as mine.

It would be nice if Intensification increased the damage of ALL spells instead of just ghost ones (i.e: Soul Expansion only... who would use Napalm Beat/Vulcan or Soul Strike as a WL?). A Spell EDP emulation would be good too...

BTW, I think the game is shifting more and more towards soloing because there are at least 4 classes that can pretty much solo anything, so, why bother trying to organize a party or get into one if you can just solo? Maybe, just maybe, it's not that warlocks are too weak, maybe the game would get better (except for these players, of course) if some of these classes got a little nerf. I'm not sure about that, though.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 28 April 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#37 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

Its shifting towards solo because thats what our player attitudes are like. On kRO however, it is alot more rarer (not saying people dont solo, but its alot less seen) to have solo players as there is more incentives to party up together as all forms of damage coming from players are greater a contribution than not.

Intensify at the beginning originally increased all spells damage, not just ghost. Near towards the end of the new skills testing phase they decided to make it only effect Ghost property spells. No reason was really explicitly announced why but it probably had alot to do with the situation at the time where you had many warlocks at WoE with intensify and endlessly barraging Comets around.

#38 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:06 AM

give WLs at least a spammable aoe spell -_-''

#39 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

I dont know, i always thing on soloing some things as a challenge, i prefer to play with others...sadly for some classes is so easy to solo most instances that is kind of broken.

About intensification, imagine the QQ threads if kRO would keep the increase in dmg on all spells lol.

#40 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

give WLs at least a spammable aoe spell -_-''

Soul Expansion, man. It becomes quite good with Intensification.  They're the sole reason I can get some MVPs while ETing with my guild. XD

I dont know, i always thing on soloing some things as a challenge, i prefer to play with others...sadly for some classes is so easy to solo most instances that is kind of broken.

About intensification, imagine the QQ threads if kRO would keep the increase in dmg on all spells lol.

I prefer to play with others too, but it's almost impossible to level with a party after 150. Or my network is terrible. :p_laugh: There are a few guildies of mine whithin my level range, and they always level in bio. Sometimes they convince the party leader to bring me along, most of the times they cannot.

Well, after reading Marty's statement it makes sense that they took it away. But they could always have taken away the Cast Reduction/SP Reduction part, or make it +20% per level/+40% per level for Ghost Property, or they could simply make it so that Comet and TV were not affected (though it would likely kill those spells).

About the QQ, it would be really ugly, indeed. Plus, it come from the same kind of people that come here to complain but never questioned the damage/spammability of DB or the effect of No Limits.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 28 April 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#41 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

Soul Expansion, man. It becomes quite good with Intensification.  They're the sole reason I can get some MVPs while ETing with my guild. XD

http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

hmmmmm

#42 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Consider you put only yhe 135+ monsters, and mvps, but you forget that there are mvps below that lvl, and they are ghost aswell, and a lot of monsters, i mean there are not maaaany, but a lot more than what you posted. Also, SE deal good dmg not only on Ghost and Undead monsters, so unless they are lvl 4 on some element SE will deal with it.

#43 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Warlocks are best partied with other warlocks and then with AB's and performer classes for support. This is because Warlocks can supplement one anothers crippling skills together unlike a sorcerer + warlock duo with the same supports.

I commonly see Warlock parties follow this general rotation with mobs on kRO (at least a warlock duo, any more warlocks are luxury):

Warlock 1 and 2 drag mob with staves with red aruma cards and spamming soul expansion. Once mob is sizable and closely knit (hopefully all cursed as well), swap to damage staves, spread all 3 of their quagmires in the area, open with frosty misty - path now diverges;

Warlock 1 (simultaneously with Warlock 2): Jack Frost - Jack Frost - sienna Execrete - Crimson Rock - Earth Strain - move further apart from eachother - Comet - Crimson Rock

Warlock 2 (simultaneously with Warlock 1): Jack Frost - Earth Strain - Sienna Execrete - Quagmire spot - Jack Frost - move further apart from eachother - Comet -Earth Strain

#44 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

Warlocks are best partied with other warlocks and then with AB's and performer classes for support. This is because Warlocks can supplement one anothers crippling skills together unlike a sorcerer + warlock duo with the same supports.

I commonly see Warlock parties follow this general rotation with mobs on kRO (at least a warlock duo, any more warlocks are luxury):

Warlock 1 and 2 drag mob with staves with red aruma cards and spamming soul expansion. Once mob is sizable and closely knit (hopefully all cursed as well), swap to damage staves, spread all 3 of their quagmires in the area, open with frosty misty - path now diverges;

Warlock 1 (simultaneously with Warlock 2): Jack Frost - Jack Frost - sienna Execrete - Crimson Rock - Earth Strain - move further apart from eachother - Comet - Crimson Rock

Warlock 2 (simultaneously with Warlock 1): Jack Frost - Earth Strain - Sienna Execrete - Quagmire spot - Jack Frost - move further apart from eachother - Comet -Earth Strain

Lmao, so much work when some classes could just press 1 button and bam 100k+ damage.

As for me, making MA a passive skill buff and removing center-edge variance of comet is enough. Or maybe make comet convertable according to summoned orbs.

#45 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

+ i wanna see a video of that xD

#46 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Lmao, so much work when some classes could just press 1 button and bam 100k+ damage.

*THIS*!

And with "meh" gears too.

#47 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

Yeah would been nice of the mystic amp once activated last a min or so and stacked with reading spellbook didn't know intensify had a all magic dmg increase woulda been pretty cool to have

#48 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:35 AM

There we have it again. OP rangers no limits affects everything

And WLs counterpart get nerfed hard again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users