April Q&A Livestream 04/29/2016 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

April Q&A Livestream 04/29/2016

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Next Friday will be out last Dragon Saga Livestream of April, which means it is time once more for our end of the month Q&A Livestream! Post your questions below and join the Dragon Saga Team on twitch.tv/warpportal at 10:00 Server Time, 04/29/2016 to see them answered!

In addition to our Q&A Session, we will be spotlighting our best of April Moments! If you have any screenshots or short videos of your favorite moments in April for Dragon Saga that you want to see on our livestream, check out the official thread and post your moments there!

#2 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

when are you planing on fixing the damage of most of the skills?? 

They are scaling with the weapons base damage and not with the enchanted damage.

#3 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

when are you planing on fixing the damage of most of the skills?? 

They are scaling with the weapons base damage and not with the enchanted damage.

+1

This is a high priority fix. All the numbers on Patk/Matk are fake, since all the skills are based on base weapon and of base enchanted weapon. Is it intended to say you have 100k Patk and 100% of 100k = 10k pretty sure it isn't.

Have you thought about how the new weapon will deal with elements or is it just a new weapon that has more atk than the pos weapon? (This won't do anything since atk/def equation along with skills are still broken and that's literally the foundation of a pve/pvp game.)

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:51 PM

I don't get the first question. I tried with several skills now in PvE (Rain of Fire, Spark Rock, Snow Blues, Final Decision) and every tested skill works as intended in PvE including the enchanted value. I always got the correct calculated damage between the min. and the max. weapon damage (incl. the enchants) the skill describes including all calculations.

For PvP I do only 10% of the damage. Always. Which is calculated that way because of the def values of the enemy.

So if there are specific Skills you think which are broken, open a topic and list them up: Class, Skill and what's supposedly wrong. 

There will be no direct answer to that question, because I can't notice anything which needs to be fixed at this point.

#5 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

the only skill that i know is wrong is the Awakening for the Invoker. all the other skill work fine.  maybe the rain of fire number of hit that sometime don't hit the full number on a monster but for the damage of a skill it all good.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

So please let's discuss this on another topic (if you want) and go back to topic... Asking questions :D

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

Will the Arcadia update contain new PVE quests?

Will the "rune system" work for both, PVE and PVP?

What kind of "runes" are planned (stat runes/element runes)?

Will the "runes" (and the possible stuff you need for them) be obtainable in the game?

Will the elements finally have a purpose in PVE?

Is there are chance that we get some more guild skills/ guild buffs, or skill level added to the existing ones?

#8 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

I don't get the first question. I tried with several skills now in PvE (Rain of Fire, Spark Rock, Snow Blues, Final Decision) and every tested skill works as intended in PvE including the enchanted value. I always got the correct calculated damage between the min. and the max. weapon damage (incl. the enchants) the skill describes including all calculations.

For PvP I do only 10% of the damage. Always. Which is calculated that way because of the def values of the enemy.

So if there are specific Skills you think which are broken, open a topic and list them up: Class, Skill and what's supposedly wrong. 

There will be no direct answer to that question, because I can't notice anything which needs to be fixed at this point.

Then what is the total attack in respect to damage dealt. I have had over 100k Patk and never once did I hit anywhere near that, that's with bloody roar 60% increase in total attack, the skill works in terms dealing of damage from whatever its based on and is pretty much right. However, even with 70k attack never did I once recall skills doing anywhere near the intended damage. For example demolition charge is supposed to do 800%+ X amount of damage, by default without critting the average should be in between 280,000 and 560,000. If we were to crit that the damage alone based on MIN and MAX should be 1,680,000 and 3,360,000. I never recall doing that much damage on a naked character or a level 1 woodie. Now if we took my 100k atk which is total, it should to 800,000 minimum and 4.8 million at max.

Btw popcorn in pvp I do like 300-400 damage with some skill thats supposed to do Either 10% of 280,000(minimum of weapon value alone) to 800,000(Minimum of total value) aka I should be doing 28,000 to 80,000 damage in pvp in terms of your method. The system is probably right which is what you're probably looking at, but it's most likely different on the skill description if so.

Edited by Agitodesu, 21 April 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#9 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

https://forums.warpp...scaling-skills/

This is the topic i made to collect every wrong scaling skill to help you out

btw agito, demolition charge at 5/5 is supposed to take 1100%+x damage so it should deal even more damage and strike critical with an amount higher than 6 million if you got the crit dmg and phys attack for the end game.

My other question what do you plan on doing with the two stats "INT" and "STR"

Edited by Vossel, 21 April 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#10 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Is some guild change will be made in the arcadia update

Guild :

•  better guild managment. able to create custom rank/ and what each rank do?
  • Able to get Guild vault expedition
  • change the way Guild get exp
  • Able to have a special house for the guild '' guild hall ''10 time bigger then the player max size house  and able to customize it '' i don't mean having Home bonus inside, just item to make are own design >> seehttps://forums.warpp...gon-saga-futur/ first talk in the post.''

Will there be a emporia change in the arcadia update

Will elluman get back in the Arcadia update XD

#11 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

Is some guild change will be made in the arcadia update

Guild :

• better guild managment. able to create custom rank/ and what each rank do?
  • Able to get Guild vault expedition
  • change the way Guild get exp
  • Able to have a special house for the guild '' guild hall ''10 time bigger then the player max size house and able to customize it '' i don't mean having Home bonus inside, just item to make are own design >> seehttps://forums.warpp...gon-saga-futur/ first talk in the post.''
Will there be a emporia change in the arcadia update

It litteraly feels like you're asking the same generic questions for each livestream. ;)

#12 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Would it be possible to give the old Level 20 Water Guardian and Fire Guardian IM armor sets from THQ their old stats back?

They got nerfed long ago when they were buffed in a era where we had none of the current IM sets so they were deemed too OP, but with today's sets I'm pretty sure they would be a nice niche IM costume to use and it would be nice for such a old item from THQ to actually get some love.

Just to be clear im not talking about the level 1 special costume WG/FG sets you guys released on mixboard awhile back, I'm talking about the level 20 IM sets with no costume grade from THQ that are currently useless.  

#13 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

It litteraly feels like you're asking the same generic questions for each livestream. ;)

Yeap xD i love those question xD  but each time i add more specific stuff about them xD until i got what i want to hear XD i'm a bad boy :p_hi:

#14 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

Alright, pals. The question has been asked. Popcorn asked to discuss the skills using base damage in a separate post. Would be best to create a list there so the staff can take a look.

Edit: here ya go!
https://forums.warpp...scaling-skills/

Edited by VModChimichanga, 21 April 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#15 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Can you change the outzoom range ingame? Somehow it is soo close to the character at my screen. Maybe coz i got such a bad screen-resolution. With the current outzoom i pretty much cant see anything in BSQ and PvP.

Would be great to have an outzoom like in F7. You would make a Turpin very happy :x

Turp~~

Thx <3

Edited by Turpi, 22 April 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#16 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

What level requirements will the new weapons have?

What are your thoughts and ideas on balancing the game economy?

Are there any plans to make older events more interesting, fun, and worthwhile ( worlds collide, kryos, community dungeons, etc)?

What is the list of priorities for DS to address? In order of importance.

Edited by sean718, 22 April 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#17 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

What level requirements will the new weapons have?

Considering the developers didn't want a cap raise until they're able to do way more I'd assume 85.

Also they said armor sets would only be added if they're able to do so properly.

#18 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

After farther consideration and looking at what people are saying, maybe one of the fix that should be done to Bsq is to cap the movement speed for everyone to no more than 350-400, just like attack speed and critical damage. Could management consider such cap? It will make the game fair for everyone and no more running without a fight XD.

#19 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:47 AM

Many people from my country/ around my country got heavy lags and delays here. Thats the reason why they stopped playing on this server. So is there any way to reduce the lag? Idk what ways you got to do this, maybe like a dedicated server or smth..

Well I'm from europe and everytime i complete a chaincombo the screen gets frozen for a second and so on..

Hope you got already some ideas to solve this problem  :chomok01:

Turpin~

Edited by Turpi, 23 April 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#20 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

Guy, this is a ping problem. They can't do anything about the ping problem.

I'm playing from Germany, I neither have lags nor any freezes.

Yes, the usual delays that come from the ping. But I'm sitting in Germany and the server is sitting in the US, it's normal to have some delay based on your ping.

Regarding the freeze, getting a new computer could be a solution. :chomok01:

Alteris already said "they do not plan to have any EU servers in the near future", first QA stream.

#21 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

Meh even CS:GO works more fine than Drago for me. I dont think that it has something to do with my PC since it works fine at all the other servers i played. My friends got better systems tho and have even more lags.

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Meh even CS:GO works more fine than Drago for me. I dont think that it has something to do with my PC since it works fine at all the other servers i played. My friends got better systems tho and have even more lags.

All the others you played? Which ones were that?

#23 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

Ye! Forgot the names tho :(

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

Very interesting. Your statement that you played on "all the other" servers implies that you might be talking about p-servers.

Please know that there are only 2 official servers, this one and the one for the Thailand region.

All other servers are illegal p-servers and not licensed by Gravity Games.

Also please know that talking about p-servers is not allowed on this forums. Thanks.

#25 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

Concerning The new expansion:

Since there are difficulties with the 3d model importing, does that mean we won't be getting new monsters to fight, just reskinned ones?

Will we start getting less weekly updates as you start working more on this new expansion? Cause I'm not sure if I can live without good patches, that's the point I'm at with my addiction!

General questions:

In game prices have doubled (and some items way more then that) in the past 4 months or so, do you see this as an issue? Or do you think it'll be fine in the end?

What do you think about having an option to create "hardcore" characters in Dragon Saga, that would be removed once they've died once? I think it could be fun and an easy to way to make the game basically have more content!

That's it for me for this month I recon! 

Edited by Precrush, 23 April 2016 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users