Slippery oil from veggies? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Slippery oil from veggies?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

So currently vegetables don't have a "basic ingredient" one could make from them, like gems turn into jewels and ores into machine parts. That basically means it's not really viable to lvl up a character with veggie gathering, and all the veggies end up at the npc. Basically this would make vegetables a more complete branch of farming by giving a use to those 2-3 grade veggies

So why slippery oil?

First off it makes sense, since vegetable oil is very much a thing.

Slippery oil is on the cheaper side of basic ingredients, and in general people don't really trade those items a lot. So I doubt it'd have much, if at all, effect on the price of these. And there's a built in minimum price to them as a fail safe, set by the merchant price of the vegetables/fish.

It also fits in nicely with in the system in general, as it wouldn't break the balance of needing multiple gathering and production skills to make items. Cooking is used both in fishing (slippery oil) and herb/veggie gathering, so nothing would break on that front.

Option 2:

Another option would be to have grade 2 and 3 vegetables be usable in making recovery boxes. That require a second option of each recovery box, one that would use over a 100 grade 2 or 3 vegetables to make probably 1 box. That's more confusing and you'd get more skill points per fatique there that you would while making basic ingredients. So this option I think is much worse.

#2 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

Yeah, right. When i farm in the Windy Farm all the veggies lvl 2-3 are going to NPC, there is no use for them. Your idea is pretty nice, i hope they do something like that.

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:40 AM

It's not that much necessary to be honnest.

Veggies are being gathered a lot, and giving an use to the veggies that aleeady have fishes will decrease the use of fishing.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:08 AM

I see them being gathered a lot less than the other ones, and especially on the lower lvl spots you'd be lucky to find someone gathering veggies. It's not a good way to lvl up cooking because you don't get to do anything with those grade 2-3 items. The only flaw would be that it'd make fishing a tiny bit worse, but like I said the basic ingredients are not being traded much anyway, and fishing is probably the best one of the gathering skills right now. So it could easily take this small "nerf".

This ain't really important, I just like to suggest improvements to the small flaws we have in our game. God knows there's plenty of em!

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:58 AM

It's not a good way to lvl up cooking because you don't get to do anything with those grade 2-3 items.
This 't really important, I just like to suggest improvements to the small flaws we have in our game. God knows there's plenty of em!

Keep in mind that cards are what give the most profession XP. So this isnt an actual argument. Besides, Makinh slippery oils give nearly no XP.

Also I don't think it is an actual flaw, selling vevgies to NPCs is still a little bit rewarding.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

The exp you get from making the basic ingredients isn't huge, but it helps. I started using all the gathered items I got long ago and I haven't looked back. It helps if you don't want to be gathering too much, it helps if you want to be gathering so much that you'd have multiple characters for it. Basic ingredients do give 1/10 of the exp but you also get 10 times more of the ingredients for them. The exp per fatigue isn't good, but the aforementioned people do benefit from it. But the fact that basic ingredients aren't good enough for everyone to be using them all the time was another thing I suggested we try to change, since the idea with productions is that people would trade these basic ingredients, not make multiple characters of their own. That didn't make much waves.

To me, as I do use all the gathered items, it does feel like it's unfinished there. Everyone else gets to choose between npcing them or actually making basic ingredients, but the poor veggie farmers don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users