Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

Updates:

• God Items and Seal Quests
    • Seal Power 2 and higher becomes much rarer. In general it will be more efficient to roll the seals twice in a row than attempt a double creation.
  • Castle Treasure
    • The following Items are removed from castle treasure drop
      • Muffler Manteau
      • Boots
      • Chainmail
      • Manteau
    • The above items are slated to be replaced with new consumables TBD
  • Janeway
    • New Stages Introduced
      • 11-25
        • Short Story line quest in Payon involving exploring the forest and payon caves
      • 26-40
        • Adventure continues into the forests and mountains outside Geffen
        • Introduces the basic concept of gear refining.

Insane Workshop Ideas for Test Server

• Testing and creation of new consumables for castle treasure
    • Currently Currently compiling a list of possible effects and skills these consumables could be set to. If you have suggestions please post them
  • Looking into the testing and creation of weapons with status effects
    • Weapons would have almost no damage dealing capability
    • Very high chance of inflicting status effects on the target when fighting.
    • If upgraded may be AoE effects
    • Meant to be tactical for group play

#2 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:19 AM

Add an "Eater" for the mufflers etc, so we can get rid of the existing ones. Exchange it for stuff like oris,elus, roughs, etc.

#3 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:15 AM

Any update on the new BG ? Did you give up already?

#4 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

I'm with Xellie, whats the point of making Seal Power 2 even rarer and not worth it compared to rolling the seals twice but not just removing it. Double creations just straight up don't need to happen, it's been a problem that has already been allowed to exist for far too long when item saturation is a concern. Leaving it in like that is just asking for potential problems. Of all the things posted, dealing with seal power 2 is the one that actually touches on classics actual big problems so it'd be nice to get it taken care of properly.

Castle loot overhaul would definitely be cool, but it's tricky to get the balance right between being useful/rewarding and not being too much winners-get-stronger-losers-get-screwed in terms of being woe competitiveness so new loots need to be chosen carefully.

Huge status spam sounds pretty bad tbh, there are already classes and skills that do a good job of spreading status and introducing status weapons significantly more powerful than current weapons kinda craps all over a lot of mvp cards and other gear people currently use (still to good effect). I think statuses are in a pretty good place in the game, I'd approach this idea with a LOT of caution if you even do it at all.

Janeway stuff is cool but doesn't do much if people don't want to actually play on the server anymore, and really what needs to happen in that regard is fencer scroll leveling needs to be nerfed and the new janeway needs to not be just an easy fasttrack to 70. You need to reintroduce actually playing the game and engage in development to make that more fun/rewarding, not just revamp the mechanics that have everyone skipping over the first 70 levels of gameplay in a somewhat different way. This also removes some of the ease of abusing janeway/fencers to spam seals, instances, quests/events, etc. I don't know exactly how the new janeway works but I would be surprised if it changed the overall status quo much at all in terms of low-mid level pvm.

Honestly a lot of these things seem to be avoiding a lot of the real problems classic has so I'm not sure how I should feel about it really. How goes things in tackling classics actual big issues, like the cheating/duping/RMTing/certain websites, woe issues, item saturation, lack of new content that gives players incentives to continue playing the game (and playing the game together), etc. People have posted a LOT of ideas about expanding the pvm turn in system, vanilla woe, castle reduction, econ control, stuff like that. I know you've tried with the new BG and I hope it's not dead in the water, but I mean if you can't get it working you can't get it working. Are we basically waiting for kRO to swoop in and save us on all the real issues though? After all this time, all the discussions, and all the ideas/solutions that have been proposed, this just seems a little bit underwhelming overall. It's not that these things aren't good, are unneeded or shouldn't be worked on, but it kinda seems akin to going out to the garage to do some maintenance on your car while your house is on fire behind you.

Edited by rojoky113, 23 April 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#5 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

I'm with Xellie and rojoky113 on this, also, about Janeway, the changes are good, i never liked the fencer lvling method tho. (Not skipping just 70, 90% of players skips 86 lvls, thanks to goats and bots selling tons of horns)

There are lots of ways to end this without nerfing Fencers, this should look like a Classic server, lol.  Janeway could send to maps with high drop rates of things that can be sold easy, like blue herbs, empty bottles, edp materials, 3carat diamonds and whiterless roses for npc sell, GSB with twice the drop rate, something worth like 50m with 0,01% drop chance,maybe a card, this way new players could do a good ammount of zeny and be encouraged to play non-stop. Instead of begging, and get helped with lots of gifts from Guilds, as normally happens, to get average gears just to keep upping.

Of course something like this would need to have hard security to not get abused, drops only for new chars, more than 3 chars in a moth get banned, or only for new players, just a thought to help new players.

#6 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

• 26-40
        • Adventure continues into the forests and mountains outside Geffen
        • Introduces the basic concept of gear refining.

just wanted to post that hey, adding in explanations of game mechanics is Cool and Good for the pipe dream we all have of more new people. heck yeah camp!

i have no idea what would be balanced for the consumable drops from castles but i like it. priest only AR scrolls that require 50+ str to use please. no, i haven't been leveling a battle priest, why do you ask?!?!

but really jokes aside i tentatively like where this is going

#7 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

No for more status effects. There is already enough and they are the most obnoxious aspect to playing the game.

Seal power 2? The damage is done (farming) is done. I guess nobody can actually say anything about this because it will start guild drama, which I want nothing with. All I can say is, this is too late.

What the original post should have read...

" Classic plans for 5/19 and the rest of the year...

-Advertise our games

-Do xyz to increase server population (which would solve so many problems)

-Make a Classic forum (again, its too late rip)

-Come out with ways to catch cheetahs

-New episode of content!

-New gear (obtainable in game! Example would be like "woe suits" or "immune shields")

-WoE TE (Vanilla WoE, the only thing left to save this server)

-Token system

-Daily quests with rewards so people actually log in

-ect ect ect"

Nothing in the OP addresses anything of importance or things that are wanted/needed. Great! You addressed seal power 2, years later. Nobody wanted this god item quest. The community (majority) TOLD you what they wanted (at the time) which was a reduction in the amount of characters (100 to 50) required for seal rolls to make gods, yet this was ignored and replaced with a broken quest system. We do a good job in tell you exactly what we need, no need to be creative or spend all of this extra time making things we don't need at all (see god item quest). 

Where do you even get your info from? Like why even spend any amount of time contemplating on status wepons? We give you guys so much direct/clear cut information to work with and the return we get is literally out of left field. To make this more clear, we the community spend a lot of time to make your game better so that at the end of the day you can make money via people actually wanting to play here. 

Please don't take this the wrong way Camp. We/I understand that you guys have a lot to do and you have a very challenging/tough job. It sucks for us to spend so much time/effort to helping you guys and the result is A. being ignored and B. -_- that nobody wants is the "focus". 

Edited by Undying, 23 April 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

• Nerf Green Ale.
  • Find and kill the players who abused/exploited medals
  • Better control of this kind of quest. (Next quests)
  • Remove Duppe Items.
  • Fix Reflect in woe. Is not with reduction. (kRO response)
  • Put down 10 pts when break a castle.
  • Remove Shoes[1]-Muffle[1]-Boots[1]-Manteau[1]-Chain Mail[1]-Saint´s Robe[1]-Silk Robe[1] from Tresure Castle. Is useless. Put something else in place: https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2442434
  • Remove HE GUM effect in Tresure Chest.
  • A Website/Forum unique for classic. If you try to find the server in some search tool like Google, its has a great dificult to find information about the server.

#9 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

• Remove Shoes[1]-Muffle[1]-Boots[1]-Manteau[1]-Chain Mail[1]-Saint´s Robe[1]-Silk Robe[1] from Tresure Castle. Is useless. Put something else in place: https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2442434

You can consider half of this done by the topic info, another good change for us in Classic. Thanks for the great idea.

If the reflect depends on kRO, i guess it won't be fixed anytime soon. (Like some months ~ years of waiting)

Edited by WhiteWolf182, 23 April 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#10 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Oda and Campitor can you please test how powerful a decked out Hibram user is in woe. This is a real problem and should be looked at. I'm not telling you to nerf it or anything. All I'm asking is that you test it YOURSELF and look at how powerful it is.

No for more status effects. There is already enough and they are the most obnoxious aspect to playing the game.

Hibram stops all status effects FYI.

#11 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

As Undying stated, I feel that you all are missing some of the point of what could use addressing. 

I would rather see different equipment drop from castles versus consumables. Xandy made a nice list that you could take from in the previous maintenance thread. https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2442434

I do not understand why you all want to look into weapons and more status effects. Completely unnecessary and not the issue at hand.

Also, any other ways to attract players should be considered the utmost priority. Ever since the new RO game came out the population has been steadily declining and it's looking pretty grim right now. 

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

In my opinion you should be focusing on three areas:

• Attracting new players
  • Bringing back former players
  • Occupying current players

Outside of the small Janeway improvement none of the things you have commented on actually help these areas. Almost all of the things I posted in December (here) still apply. We're almost four months into the year so far and Classic hasnt really received much love. I think the only things I can actually remember are the various spotlights and St Valentines/Patricks day quests.

The PvP crowd want active BGs/PvP. So what happened to the battleground you were working on, were you unable to get the side picking working? I've seen a lot of shouts lately for PvP, but I dont know how active its been. But four hours a week isnt enough to keep RO on peoples minds.

The PvM crowd want new content (dungeons, instances, monsters). The Challenge Dungeon is an excellent start, but that's all it is. It's still not complete and there's a host of things that could/should be changed. What about the idea of dropping in Renewal Instances? Did we ever test it out? Because that would be fun.

I'm not entirely sure what new players want, the Janeway improvements sound nice. You probably want to consider giving them better reasons to group up, Rojoky proposed some interesting weekly PvM quests that could be handed out in Asgard encouraging people to go out and play together. These are the sorts of things I feel you should be investigating for the post 70 Janeway experience. Also the idea Xellie has/had been pushing of rewarding max level characters for playing with people is good and should be explored.

Theres people in the community who want to help. I think you really need it, either as advice or direct contributions. There are plenty of people who are capable of helping. How do we help you? What do you want/need from us?

#13 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

In my opinion you should be focusing on three areas:

• Attracting new players
  • Bringing back former players
  • Occupying current players

How do we help you? What do you want/need from us?

Themes has a lot of good points. I would also like to know what we, the community, can do for the staff to help the server. I don't want to offend the staff, who do work really hard for our game, however it seems like priorities, limitations, and lack of knowledge are holding us back. Let us help, but we don't know what you need help with!?

I'm going to go in depth with Themes's list about players because I have been preaching this (something similar) for a LONG time. 

Attracting new players- Honestly, not an option. They are better put into Renewal if they have never touched RO before. Hate to say it, but Renewal would be better for them on every level. If "attracting new players" refers to people who have played RO before, but not classic, then that is a different story. They must have heard about Classic at some point in time and made a decision not to play. Why? I don't think it would be appropriate or beneficial to go over the list, because most of it has nothing to do with the mechanics or game itself. 

Bring back former players- They quit for a reason. Find out why and fix it. If they quit because of dupping/cheats, do something about it proactively. <>. If they quit because of poor management, then what the staff has been/is doing is simply reinforcing this. So fix it and step up your game! If they quit because they were bored, put new content. If they quit because the WoE population is smaller then a normal match of LoL, put WoE TE in and advertise! 

Occupying current players- We, the community, have given hundreds of examples of this. Spending ANY amount of time on "status weps that encourage team tactics" is a simple waste of time and almost insulting to ignoring our request/help/pleads and doing something that is so irreverent that it's not funny, it is insulting. There is already more "team tactics" required on this server and TBH the population can barely play to take a tiny tiny percent of benefit from the "team tactics". 

(my personal one)

Attract pserver players- There are 10,000's of thousands of classic "mechanic" pserver players out there. Put in things like WoE:TE to gain some of these players. The playerbase for this server exist, however your doing absolutely nothing to attract them. Put in a way to catch cheating and attract pserver players through vanilla WoE's. It is that simple. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 April 2016 - 10:21 PM.
Removed possible flame bait.

#14 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

i dont think youll be able to attract pservers players because

no vanilla woe no pserver woe players

no automated events / gear quests / ingame gm events no casual pvm players

lack of #main is a reason to put that server off for many pserver players

uninteresting bg no bg pserver players ( might be solved soon who knows )

if anything start with the pvm crowd imo find out what people like to see event wise then figure out appropriate rewards to add for those players

#15 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

i don't understand why we don't have pre-trans woe yet.

everyone is asking for it for almost 2 years lol.

#16 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

@b0neh34d  I guess a WoE without Godlys/mvps, in another day would be better. More chances for small guilds to rise.

#17 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

Can just lower the drop chance on castle gears, get a npc to use them as tokens to trade for consumables(that way they will increase it's value and new players can still benefit off it)

#18 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

@b0neh34d  I guess a WoE without Godlys/mvps, in another day would be better. More chances for small guilds to rise.

sure.

we can't forget about the guilds that quitted when trans came out, though.

pre-trans woe is still something people really enjoy and having this here would be another "reason" to increase server's population.

#19 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

Change WoE 1.0 with only pre-trans? Maybe? Will be great!!

#20 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Pre trans will be interesting for a month at the most. It wont be nearly as beneficial to gaining population like regular woe with gods/mvps being disable.

#21 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

Jumping off the idea of a pre-trans WoE, maybe a baby WoE? Make a copy of a couple castles and designate them so only babies can enter somehow. Make baby-only god items for incentive, and items that can be used by all characters but only gotten through holding a baby castle? Headgears or something that are already in the files but not used anywhere? Keep them suitably RARE to keep people coming back. It'd give something to do for existing players, probably be a fun gimmick to draw in some renewal players, and bring some attention to an oft-forgotten mechanic.

Plus, how cute would whole guilds of babies be?

(This is probably a silly idea but I like the idea of it, so sue me. I'm not claiming to be a font of good ideas.)

Edited by Faolain, 24 April 2016 - 07:10 PM.

#22 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

I think pre trans, novice, and baby woe's are all great ideas for event WoEs!

WoE currently = 12 vs 12. And the guilds with a full 12 active players are "big guilds". That is how far in the -_- hole this server is. I logged out of WoE after seeing how boring and small the population is.

Vanilla WoE is only thing left, even for that it is probably too late. 

#23 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

pretrans babies would actually be more balanced over normal pretrans from damage tables but itll be locked behind a paywall

#24 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

Pre trans will be interesting for a month at the most. It wont be nearly as beneficial to gaining population like regular woe with gods/mvps being disable.

I disagree.

I know many people who dont play in classic because dont have Pre-Trans WoE.

Gods maybe will be a problema but MVP/Mini-boss i think not.

A lot of MVP/Mini-boss Card is in Transclass Gears/Weapon than Normal class cant use.

To resolve que problem is desable Gods and MVP Cards like happened in Payon a months a go when you cant equip/ unequip when you log the map certain items.

#25 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:00 AM

Disable GTB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users