Classic Plans for 5/19 - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Plans for 5/19

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#26 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

Disable GTB

Why?

#27 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

Pre trans will be interesting for a month at the most. It wont be nearly as beneficial to gaining population like regular woe with gods/mvps being disable.

Agreed. While it does sound fun we all know how the players that aren't currently interested in playing Classic think. Disabled gods/mvps > pre-trans, in the long run.

Also just a friendly reminder for everyone that belts disabled but Hibram and GTB's still around is stupid :3. Cheers.

#28 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Everyone will have a different idea , each one totally different from the other way. If the community does not reach a consensus , it will not remain no one to play on the server.

Several choices made ​​in the past ended up affecting what is now the server is.

Everyone knows what must be done to change but these changes will not take effect because the damage has already been done and has no way to reverse.

Nobody is interested in from just server for it.

When someone touches this subject , there is someone who posts : " Here we go " but the truth is cruel.

Make the changes that need to be made ​​where several community suggested , adjust the bugs and errors so that does not happen again and reset the server.

Play who want.

Keep a server with 500 on being that 70 shops, 300 Bots and some Alts??

Classic is the only pre -renewal official server . Have potential but still play the way it is , in my opinion , this sucks.

WE NEED PLAYERS

#29 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

Double click.

Edited by Xandyzor, 25 April 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#30 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

"It was then the adventurers began to understand what they had been missing all along. The horror of their blindness began to blend with the bitterness of their folly. A sickening pressure in their stomachs seemed to inch closer and closer to the pit of their throats as the truth became revealed. They realized that in their relentless demands and pressure to optimize their world for WoE was all for not. 'WoE is but a fraction of our lives in this world, yet we have allowed it to become our only reason for being' - the thought reverberated through their minds. The echo became a shriek, much like the Banshees who ally Fallen Bishop Hibram.

Consulting some of the wisest scholars in the Juno libraries; even going so far as verifying with the mad scientists of Lighthalzen, the adventurers uncovered the truth... Mathematically speaking, WoE only accounted for 2% of their lives in their world. But what of the rest? What is the other 98% for?? The question - the haunting question. The answer has been lost in the libraries of the Rune Midgards for decades. The 98% of their friends whom they have lost along the way all held the answer. The irony; only the dead know the secret to the survival of the living.

For those who remained, they looked into their hands and witnessed the fruits of their labor whither in front of them. Like a grapevine without water or soil. Ragnarok has arrived. All of the glorious tales of Ragnarok as a final battle were just wishful thinking by our ancestors. There was no final fight. There was no Fenrir. Odin was nowhere to be found. True Ragnarok was merely a dust bowl. The world that Satan Morric had created was here to stay. Endless desert with no more than a few survivors, trying to live by their old ways.

The once powerful Guild Leaders dropped their items on the ground in disgust. They used to ask, 'What good is a Megingjard if I can only wear two...' Now they ask, 'What good is a Megingjard at all?'

A lone Poring hops along. It spots a flickering belt in the sand. Delighted; it assimilates the belt into its gelatinous form, and is on its way. A novice approaches - sizing up the Poring, wondering if he has what it takes to defeat the innocent creature. He lunges forward with his Dagger, plunging it into the Poring's flesh - over and over. Some blows land and others miss in the frenzy of attacks. The Poring bursts dropping his treasure. The Novice is surprised to see a Megingjard... it still catches light through its thick coat of dust. Almost panicked, the Novice lunges towards the artifact of immense power."

Disconnected from server.

Edited by Scuba, 25 April 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#31 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

Speaking of dispell my favorite thing in the world is having dispell spammed on me, a Linker.

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Would a pre trans WoE setup with no recall ability be acceptable?

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

Any update on the new BG ? Did you give up already?

It is still being worked on. Having to rewrite the script from scratch because there is something there that the zone servers just Do Not Like.

> Remove the savepoints on the WoE Realms, not only is miracle TKM obnoxious and exploitative (no other version of RO has this, the reason iRO has it was because of load issues on Chaos/Ymir caused by mass recall. I ASSURE you this is not a problem on classic); but it also allows level 10 mercenary farming.

If miracle is still being gained then we should look just blocking Miracle on the map.

> Retool reflect equipment to deliever half the punch on WoE maps.

Looked into to this the reflect equipment is a On/Off Flag with a chance to proc. There is no way to reduce the damage.

Like the cheating/duping/RMTing/certain websites, woe issues, item saturation, lack of new content that gives players incentives to continue playing the game (and playing the game together), etc. People have posted a LOT of ideas about expanding the pvm turn in system, vanilla woe, castle reduction, econ control, stuff like that. I know you've tried with the new BG and I hope it's not dead in the water, but I mean if you can't get it working you can't get it working. Are we basically waiting for kRO to swoop in and save us on all the real issues though? After all this time, all the discussions, and all the ideas/solutions that have been proposed, this just seems a little bit underwhelming overall. It's not that these things aren't good, are unneeded or shouldn't be worked on, but it kinda seems akin to going out to the garage to do some maintenance on your car while your house is on fire behind you.

The PvM crowd want new content (dungeons, instances, monsters). The Challenge Dungeon is an excellent start, but that's all it is. It's still not complete and there's a host of things that could/should be changed. What about the idea of dropping in Renewal Instances? Did we ever test it out? Because that would be fun.

Unfortunately the truth is we don't have source code for the game due to this fixes in regards to cheating, duplications, and mechanics fixes are in the realm requiring kRO to resolve. The proposal that we are still persuing with the studio is to do the following.

Update Classic to renewal client and server executibles and change the formula for damage and skills to match the classic experience.
* This allows the introduction of new content to the game including monsters, headgear sprites dungeons, and maps.
* Modernizes certain back end systems such as quest systems allows for easier flagging of characters for special events.

Unfortunately I don't yet have a schedule on getting these issues resolved but we are still fighting for studio time.

#34 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

Nice text, lol.

Answering a question that might not be directed to me: I fight for the sake of fighting. To prove to myself that I can win or die trying. If the stupid pre-trans or disabled -_- woe never comes, it's a shame, but life goes on. I'll be around until the server is just me. Just saying that one or the other - especially the latter can bring a few people back. I have no interests in actually acquiring crap or accomplishing anything: I only do it because it helps me fight, or because my friends want to and I like spending time with them. My one and only goal is to stand while the enemy is down. I am not the only one.

#35 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:35 AM

Yep

- you would also need to remove expanded class/skills, pre-trans with linkers is pretty awful

- disable speed pots too

:(

Edited by Rythen, 25 April 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#36 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Without Recall? Hummm Maybe. I like that Guild Skill. I think that will not interfere much.

Without:

Speed Pot.

Authoritative Badge

BG Equips

expanded class/skills

Foods

I think have thing need take off.

#37 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

Would a pre trans WoE setup with no recall ability be acceptable?

Yes, as an EVENT woe. As a perminate woe it offers nothing at all long term.

As Xandy said everyone will have different opinions. Opinions are irrelivent. However, if you look at the facts then you'll realize that vanilla woes (no gods, MVP, or mini boss) are historically the most populated and sought after woe formate. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact backed up by looking at classics potential playerbase from other servers. Pre-trans has always been fun for a month, two tops and that is it. Vanilla woe is sought after and people move servers (good chance for increased population here) for vanilla woes. Infact, there were multiple guild leaders who have said on the forums (classic surgestion/purposle thread) that said they would bring their guilds back to play this server again if this woe was offered. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact that the server could EASILY gain 20-40 players immediately after the new woe is put in. Thats like the entire current woe population doubled. Again and again, this isn't my opinion it is facts.

If you want to work off of opinions only then classic will continue to decline as it has been. Look at the facts of what your target audience want and give it to them.

It would have to be an additional woe, for 1 hour only. This would make it so people could still use their hard earned (or bought) gods/mvps in the two regular woes.

It has to include trans if you want to attract any amount of players (20-40 who already said they would come!).

#38 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

edit: Campitor, I'm pretty sure the valk gear etc reflect 100% of the time.

The description reads badly (chance) but it's actually 100% at the percentile defined.

Assuming this is correct too

if(BaseClass==Job_Swordman||BaseClass==Job_Merchant||BaseClass==Job_Thief) bonus bShortWeaponDamageReturn,5+(getequiprefinerycnt(EQI_GARMENT)*2); },{},{}

then perhaps the forumla can be changed to reduce it

if( WOE BaseClass==Job_Swordman||BaseClass==Job_Merchant||BaseClass==Job_Thief) bonus bShortWeaponDamageReturn,2,5+(getequiprefinerycnt(EQI_GARMENT)*1); },{},{}

Maybe?

#39 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

Question: What would you fight FOR?

Not "what would you change arbitarilly within the fight" But what would you do it for? Reward/Goal?

I couldn't agree more with you.

I need something to fight for, Classic is loosing the fun which is the whole reason i play Ragnarok. No fun ways to loot, the best loot spots are crowded with bots, and i won't compete with machines.

BG empty, Pvp empty, the most boring WoE ever for small guilds.

99% of the worth Mvp spots full by very experienced players or rich ones, not viable to try to compete. Not mentioning the ''mvp timing'', i need to spend hours just to get the time, to see someone killing the mvp with one gfist, lol. I wonder how a ''Classic'' server with tons of non-Classic Itens, don't have Convex Mirror.

#40 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

Yes, as an EVENT woe. As a perminate woe it offers nothing at all long term.

As Xandy said everyone will have different opinions. Opinions are irrelivent. However, if you look at the facts then you'll realize that vanilla woes (no gods, MVP, or mini boss) are historically the most populated and sought after woe formate. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact backed up by looking at classics potential playerbase from other servers. Pre-trans has always been fun for a month, two tops and that is it. Vanilla woe is sought after and people move servers (good chance for increased population here) for vanilla woes. Infact, there were multiple guild leaders who have said on the forums (classic surgestion/purposle thread) that said they would bring their guilds back to play this server again if this woe was offered. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact that the server could EASILY gain 20-40 players immediately after the new woe is put in. Thats like the entire current woe population doubled. Again and again, this isn't my opinion it is facts.

If you want to work off of opinions only then classic will continue to decline as it has been. Look at the facts of what your target audience want and give it to them.

It would have to be an additional woe, for 1 hour only. This would make it so people could still use their hard earned (or bought) gods/mvps in the two regular woes.

It has to include trans if you want to attract any amount of players (20-40 who already said they would come!).

Fact: We need more players

How to bring: Make the changes need be done and spread the Classic Server. Spread how? Steam?

#41 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

Update Classic to renewal client and server executibles and change the formula for damage and skills to match the classic experience.
* This allows the introduction of new content to the game including monsters, headgear sprites dungeons, and maps.
* Modernizes certain back end systems such as quest systems allows for easier flagging of characters for special events.

Unfortunately I don't yet have a schedule on getting these issues resolved but we are still fighting for studio time.

This ^   

An update would be perfect.

#42 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

Question: What would you fight FOR?

Not "what would you change arbitarilly within the fight" But what would you do it for? Reward/Goal?

For FUN.

The way that this does not have fun.

#43 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

Interesting. It is possible to change the settings to leave as the Classic?

#44 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

Fact: We need more players

How to bring: Make the changes need be done and spread the Classic Server. Spread how? Steam?

Fact: we have entire guilds who would come back and play the server for a trans no god/MVP/mini boss card woe. 20-40 active players which would all have to vend and supply, meaning the ~400 players online would go to ~500-600 character online (aly vender+alt buffer+active player). That is literally doubling our woe population.

how to spread? Word of mouth attracts players. That type of woe would spread out of our classic community and into many many RO communities and people would come. People like iRO because what they earn is perminate, even if it does get merged. What they dislike is supplying (we fixed this and set the standard) and woe setups (they don't like gods/mvps/mini boss). This target audience loves BG and pvp. Since they have to supply they will have to participate in PVM. If they want to be successful then they will have to participate in other WOEs.

You ask how to get players. I am telling you, via factually through RO demographics, what will attract players. My opinion is different then what I am saying, because I am looking at what is good for the server and not what I specifically want. Server needs players and here is a solution to attract players. It couldn't be any more simple or spelt out. Again, there are multiple guilds that have already said they'd play. That's literally instant population growth.

Edited by Undying, 25 April 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#45 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

There's a lot of people who won't play without a prize or reward or progression.

Higher stakes more intense fights imo

WIth all due respect to those people, they will be eventually outnumbered by newcomers/returning players. As Alex said, it's a fact. I'm not saying they should go away, and that's why I'd prefer having only ONE of the two woe days with -_- disabled. Or maybe a wednesday woe if possible. This is a price I'm willing to pay, and so should Staff, if they want Classic to be kept alive and WPE incoming.

EDIT: MOBILE VERSION SUCKS .-.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 25 April 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#46 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

They are an overwhelming amount of playerbase who quit for a number of reasons. I am not asking you to leave nor implying that at all.

Why increase the gap between new and returning players vs those who already have the advantage of time/gears?? Creating a bigger gap will continue to keep people from joining the server? How to solve this?????? Add a woe so they atleast LOG INTO the server. They do the woe, they have fun, and they stick around and begin to progress.

Because repeating the same logical and factual information gets boring.

To the staff: if you want to increase the population, by any significant amount, and offer some longevity... Here is your solution...

Suggestion

Create a mid week WoE on Classic server, similar to Renewal's WoE TE.

-Two castles open only (the two you close for regular WoE 2's). This will also make it so you wont have to redo all WoE 2 castle treasures. Valf 1 and Juno 1
-1 hour long instead of 2 hours
-Any and all classes (including trans)
-Disable all MVP cards and God Items
-Disable guardians
-Can't make bryns or asprikas off of econ (or could flip it and make this the only way, which would make econ'ing hard with only 2 castles open)
-Does not replace the other WoE's

Why do this?

There are tens of thousands of players who love the game mechanics of the Classic server. However, for whatever reasons, these players do not wish to play here currently due to a whole mess of reasons. The full list of exact reasons are not important though, the major difference to consider is that these players dislike playing with god items/mvp cards. This could capture these players attention and get them to try out the server. From there the players will need to level, purchase gear, and supply themselves. iRO is actually much easier to do all of those things then other places, so these players may enjoy there time here. They could transition into participating in other WoE's and also enjoy more of the game.

However, we need to give them a reason to log into the server for the chance of any of those things to happen.

Benefits of this?

-Would create short, yet high action WoE's with only 2 castles open
-Potential of attracting lots of players new to this server from other places
-Would be a lot of fun
-More KP sales due to more food being needed in WoE
-1 hour duration wouldn't hurt "established guilds" when it comes to supply issues
-An amazing way to promote the Classic server

In depth look at it all...

-Two castles open only (the two you close for regular WoE 2's). This will also make it so you wont have to redo all WoE 2 castle treasures.

With the announcement of reduced WoE 2 castles (10>8) this will causes treasure issues. This is an easy fix for that problem. The real amazing part of this will be having only two castles open. This will force action and fights, which is exactly what our target audience wants and a surprising number of current players on Classic want.

-1 hour long instead of 2 hours

This will allow the WoE to not be a boring and long two hour process if players chose to defend. It will also drastically lighten the burden of supplies for "established" guilds who wish to participate. It will also make it less heavy of a burden for newer guilds who are joining the server to meet supply demands.

-Any and all classes (including trans)

It has to have trans. It can not be pre-trans. This is of extreme importance. For the target audience to be willing to come, we have to provide the setting. Also, WoE 2 castles would be boring as hell with pretrans. Must be trans or trash this idea.

-Disable all MVP cards and God Items

This is fairly obvious. Some people are back and forth on this topic. Since it will not effect WoE 1 items at all and minimally effect WoE 2, it shouldn't be a big deal. This is a great marketing point as well and the whole reason to do this WoE. Again, if your not going to do this then trash this idea. It would also allow WoE1/2 to remain untouched as some players would prefer well still satisfying the want of others for "vanilla" WoEs.

-Disable guardians

Interesting idea. I could see it going either way, however it would encourage more action then door precasting. I could careless, figured I'd throw it in though.

-Can't make bryns or asprikas off of econ (or could flip it and make this the only way, which would make econ'ing hard with only 2 castles open)

Pros/Cons of not making gods off of econ: Make it so that "established" guilds do not have to participate in this WoE to create WoE 2 gods. Also, it made sense since this is a "practice woe".

Pros/Cons of only making gods off of econs from WoE: Practice Edition: Put simply, getting a 100 econ for in regular WoE 2 is as easy as logging in a breaker and taking the fort solo. It is silly how easy it is due to sheer number of castles and econ creeping up. By making WoE Practice the only way to create Asprika/Bryns (2 castles 1 for each) it would actually create a ton of competition! It would make WoE 2 a farmfest, although let's be honest it already is...

-An amazing way to promote the Classic server

I have been saying this for a while. The only way that Classic's pop will grow is.... 1. brand new players (not super common, they should really go to renewal), 2. old players coming back (not super common, but could happen), or 3. by pulling players from other servers that have combine populations of tens of thousands of players (most logical way to boost pop).

Do this WoE, get players to LOG INTO THE SERVER. See if it flourishes from there, but it isn't going to hurt the server at all lmfao.

Small points not to get hung up on would include time/day of WoE. Could always switch days with another woe or pick times ect. Those are small details to be worked out.... Community voting would be best for times/day.

Edited by Undying, 25 April 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#47 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

OK I'm not gonna make this become bigger than it should be. We all stated our opinions and/or facts. I just wanted to say that one thing do not exclude the other. You can still have your alt+q war and I can still have my moba crap. Hell for all I care they can keep sats and sunds as they are and just >add< the vanilla-ish woe in the middle of the week. Assuming its possible. I never said it will turn things into wonderland. I just think it's one of the many things that can help the server.

GL with the trees but stay around for now! :3

#48 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

gwuh??? fighting and improving has become pretty fun in and of itself since we've been growing, also i've been gettin' wednesdays off for ages so if that's mid-week then i'm down for more fightin'

also to answer the inevitable "why not show up for woe2?" when am i supposed to get really drunk with friends or do actual irl stuff?! i can't saturday cause i work and then woe and then usually make a video and i'll be danged if i'm giving video games a whole weekend anymore. also woe2

nobody does things on wednesdays. woe3 wednesdays. maybe. i dunno. i can't say i really have an opinion on the rules yet because i haven't thought about it one bit! i just like the idea of another hour hangin' out with people on discord and yelling about why the italians should name more desserts than the french and other assorted crap that isn't actually woe-related during woe. and then we click on some people and try to make them fall down or whatever who cares

#49 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

In all seriousness though, why haven't you guys had the legal team send some cease and desist letters to some of the bigger private servers?

Roaches will crawl back home when there's nowhere to hide.

#50 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

that would be a fight even the bigger companies have a hard time winning not to mention those fights are almost always vs full blown stolen server files instead of emulation

will work vs tiny servers though in perhaps the low dozens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users