Classic Plans for 5/19 - Page 8 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Plans for 5/19

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#176 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Slight correction:

You were removing portal immunity with Magnus Exorcismus, which allowed you to wipe guilds with Mind Break Hibrameteors.

Given the nature of this discussion is about the effect of too many endgame items on a small population server, it's pretty disingenuous of you to leave out that last bit.

It doesn't do that lol...

edit: no hibrams in VH that WoE.

double edit: VH doesn't use MBK over level 3 for a reason. With Hibram, that becomes zero mindbreak. For a reason. Think about it.

Edited by Xellie, 10 May 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#177 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

you might be thinking of sanc or heal for removing immunity if it still works after all these years that is

#178 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:09 PM

No sanc doesn't remove immunity, unless, you wear a deadly and leave and re-enter between ticks - and quite frankly this probably applies to all skills that damage in waves.

Same thing for WoE 2 guardians, if you leave then re-enter they'll bypass immunity because the AI doesn't reset.

#179 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Keep in mind how these discussions are always dominated by a core group of players and changes were made to always compromise between these same core group of players.  Now take a step back and take a look at look at the server as a whole.  This is the result of focusing all your attention solely on the WoE community and catering to their every wants and desire.

#180 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

The reason GSBs don't give slims is so that WoE players still have to spend zeny on fat whites (zeny sink) and spend time potting, along with engaging the ranked system.

Catalyst items such as bombs cannot differentiate between maps/woe/pvp - thus WoE/PVP only supplies are mostly impossible.

As for the rest of the stuff, not true:

https://forums.warpp...ff-for-classic/

Since most my suggestions non-WoE get ignored/lost I made a place to keep them separate. If you search the forums you will find tons of pvm only suggestions and topics by me(and some other players)

#181 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

reasons to play classic:

#1) when you really get somewhere in this game you can feel that you really earned something.

#2) toon customization and the card/ mvp card system

#3) sprites, yoooou knoooow.

#4) because im so old i get lost in renewal..... but i need my grind fix.

#5) its really a lot nicer on the server than on the forums, if you haven't tried it just trust me. 

oh, snap.... he's making lists again.

Edited by lxst, 10 May 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#182 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

oh, snap.... he's making lists again.

... and checking it twice..  :ho:

But kidding aside, I agree with every reason you've listed there. Classic is very easy to love regardless of the problems it has. <3

On topic:

Hi Campitor, just wanted to ask, is it safe to assume that:

- the castle loot changes will take effect on the 19th?

- the new Janeway will be implemented on the 19th as well?  Or still just at initial planning stage / phase?

Thanks!

Edited by teresias, 10 May 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#183 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

Lets have a separation of PVE and PVP since all thats left of the classic community is simply intent on destroying any semblance of the pve crowd because they only care about them selves and their selfish woes.  Without even giving PVErs the opportunity to participate then there will never be any sort of community that forms outside of the 4 hours a week for woe.

Keep GSB economy separate from the PVE economy.  Give players an incentive to PVE instead of farming wow for infinite supply.

Turn GSBs into supply tickets.  Trade in tickets + zeny to a vending machine for supply boxes of your choice:

tickets      item                            zeny cost

2 tickets   box of 200 pvp slims  300k

2 tickets   box of 50 pvp blues    150k

1 ticket     25 box of sunlights     50k

2 ticket     box of 50 acid bombs 100k

Have the pvp potions be the same weight/effect as the normal counter part.  Make ranked slims actually mean something again and make players put in the effort to get end-tier power instead of just handing them everything.  

This would allow the following: give pve players an incentive to actually start doing pve stuff again like going for alchemist ranks, give all the <> woe players a rapid zeny sink to dump their zeny into at an even greater convenience, and stop the massive flood of high volume consumables into the economy.

If something is not addressed, then well who am I kidding, no one even cares because there are no non-woe centric players left on classic.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 May 2016 - 08:20 AM.
Removed.

#184 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

Do tell me who you play to sell your pvm only rewards to? Do you expect the Weekend warriors to log in and farm PVM supplies and magically add to the PVM economy?

They would just settle for non ranked slim substitutes, or bot the sands. When the majority of the WoE community use autohotkey to spam slims, the difference isn't too large.

You'll really alienate a lot of people from listening to your ideas when you casually call them stupid, selfish, etc, even if you feel like it is true. My guild had a large PVM only component at one point and it's left a huge hole in our overall structure... so... yes its a problem and yes GSBs have affected the economy, but I can also point out that for the longest time on classic nobody was farming that stuff, it was all personal bots and none sold. So it wasn't fair.

(and why would we spend money on those pvp items when they can be farmed free in BG? <3 )

#185 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

Lets have a separation of PVE and PVP since all thats left of the classic community is simply intent on destroying any semblance of the pve crowd because they only care about them selves and their selfish woes.  Without even giving PVErs the opportunity to participate then there will never be any sort of community that forms outside of the 4 hours a week for woe.

Keep GSB economy separate from the PVE economy.  Give players an incentive to PVE instead of farming wow for infinite supply.

Turn GSBs into supply tickets.  Trade in tickets + zeny to a vending machine for supply boxes of your choice:

I understand your point as I had the same feeling of resentment about WoE and PvP before.  Anyhow, even if I am a part of an active WoE guild now, I don't also much love PvP/WoE and PvM still has my heart. 

But I don't quite agree on the idea of dividing the community re: supplies.  Maybe instead of asking for GSB economy's exclusivity, why not explore the idea of expanding its availability?

For now, aside from guild dungeons, GSBs can be farmed by PVM players via Bio (ET and CD drop some too).  But ofc, the accessibility and the efficiency of the map requires a high level character as well as good gears and skills.  Maybe Xellie's suggestion of including them as rewards from turn-ins can be beneficial to both community groups.  PVP players will be encouraged to party with PVE players, whilst PVE players will be rewarded the same supplies they can use for their personal needs and ranking or can sell them to market. 

In this way - both the social interaction and the economy aspect can be catered, as well as giving fair opportunities to whichever type of player you are.

#186 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

I understand your point as I had the same feeling of resentment about WoE and PvP before.  Anyhow, even if I am a part of an active WoE guild now, I don't also much love PvP/WoE and PvM still has my heart. 

But I don't quite agree on the idea of dividing the community re: supplies.  Maybe instead of asking for GSB economy's exclusivity, why not explore the idea of expanding its availability?

For now, aside from guild dungeons, GSBs can be farmed by PVM players via Bio (ET and CD drop some too).  But ofc, the accessibility and the efficiency of the map requires a high level character as well as good gears and skills.  Maybe Xellie's suggestion of including them as rewards from turn-ins can be beneficial to both community groups.  PVP players will be encouraged to party with PVE players, whilst PVE players will be rewarded the same supplies they can use for their personal needs and ranking or can sell them to market. 

In this way - both the social interaction and the economy aspect can be catered, as well as giving fair opportunities to whichever type of player you are.

Pretty sure having TI's give GSB's wasn't originally xellie's idea.  Do whatever you guys want, but please keep your drama in your own classic section.  Just keep in mind that not everyone has the best intentions for the server as a whole and please project all changes planned into the future with the expectation that it will be abused in every possible way.

There really should be a classic section for the forums.

#187 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:05 AM

Just a reminder, Oda did say that the ddosing affected the whole warpportal server and not only classic, but it should be looked into thoroughly...

#188 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

Keep your drama and suggestions for renewal in the renewal section... oh wait. Maybe we should all get in on the renewal patch notes threads and ream Kali for giving half a damn about the server she plays on and making threads to rectify the situation, renewal drama offends my sensibilities.*

Oda might be a wet blanket in allowing people to just roll around treating classic players like crappy second class citizens (what is the classic prize for the art contest btw); but I'll damn well call it for what it is, when an entire server is silenced into not discussing anything that ever happens or communicate with eachother -  how on earth is its community expected to grow?

Good reasons not to join classic atm:

• It has glaring mechanical issues that go unacknowledged
  • It's not part of most events
  • The community treat it with revulsion
  • Apparently, throwing the words "stupid" and "selfish" at classic players (by either renewal or current classic players) is absolutely OK!
  • It's empty because weekend warriors have no reason to interact with the rest of the player base; there is a huge lack of explorer/social player types
  • It is merely an inconvenience to the staff, unpromoted and hidden; with the playerbase wanting the same.

It'll never improve. Notice how every issue I've pointed out with Classic has avoided "cheating" and "duping" btw. My understanding is that's just as rampant on renewal and nothing can be done, but the things I keep pointing out, yeah, they can be addressed.

*I have no issue with Kali, I think she does the right thing.

Edited by Xellie, 11 May 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#189 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Pretty sure having TI's give GSB's wasn't originally xellie's idea.  Do whatever you guys want, but please keep your drama in your own classic section.  Just keep in mind that not everyone has the best intentions for the server as a whole and please project all changes planned into the future with the expectation that it will be abused in every possible way.

There really should be a classic section for the forums.

I've seen that suggestion from her posts alone so I credited it to her. And isn't this thread posted on Loki Classic Patch Notes section and see title, it has "Classic" on it *surprise!!*  Also keep in mind that things aren't always what they seem.  One's impression of a person does not define the value of that person's intentions.  And as for the future changes planned for Classic, just put much faith that Campitor, hopefully, knows what's best for the server and the community.

Re: the classic section, finally, we agreed on something. 

#190 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

Slight correction:

You were removing portal immunity with Magnus Exorcismus, which allowed you to wipe guilds with Mind Break Hibrameteors.

Campitor Edit Look its okay to fill in the blanks on a story, but small insults like "Child like brain" "Disingenuous" and others are happening too much in the classic server. Please try to keep the discussion civil rather than resorting to name calling.

No. Your elementary understanding of game mechanics is what caused you to wipe. Each ME was doing 30k, no gods, no mvps. Gtfo with your child logic and Evil Druids.

It's sad to see that the people you let join your guild you also let brainwash you.

#191 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

Gtfo with your child logic

Please keep discussions civil or else we may have to start handing out suspensions.

#192 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

thank you for the warning, some of us weren't afforded that luxury. 

Edited by dzmL, 11 May 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#193 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:50 PM

off topic a bit,

is Gunslinger job classes improvement for classic reach its dead end?

been wondering a while.. :hmm: :hmm:

#194 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hello,

I have some silly question about seal quest. Currently, we have a population less than 300 (not counting bots). Seal quest requires 100 turn for each. This number is the same for chaos but they have 2k population(i could be wrong, if so corrections are welcome). so what i am asking here is, is it possible to reduce the turn in to 50 each considering that we have way less people than renewal? 

I know there may be some other complications such as a possibility of flooding the server with god items. nevertheless, i still like to know if question that i've mentioned is possible

All opinions are welcome!! =D

#195 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

Still wating for next week patch notes~

#196 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

I am concerned about the number of people who revoke their post; refuse to post or regret making a post due to abusive behavior on the forum.

This is an important topic of which the whole community should feel safe to submit feedback on. I urge the staff to please protect players from repeated attacks and to look very carefully at the current behavior of users.

We were promised a patch note on Friday but that did not happen; even if due to unforeseen circumstance, the community manager should let the players know that they are not forgotten.

I fear this is the final straw for many....

#197 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

Classic server is suddenly experiencing some 'server hardware issues', now that woe is getting near. Halp

Edited by Shomaye, 14 May 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#198 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

Classic server is suddenly experiencing some 'server hardware issues', now that woe is getting near. Halp

Edit: Post got duped, sorry D:

Edited by Shomaye, 14 May 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#199 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

I guess we have to wait till monday :p_swt:

#200 kisai