Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

patchnotebanner.png
Patch Notes April 25, 2016
Please note: Details are subject to change at any time.
Weekly Maintenance Time: 6pm-10pm PDT (~4 hours)

o1hmocX.png

April's Lucky Box is on sale for one week!

Sale Period: April 25 - May 2, 2016

4sYacnl.png

events.png

Dapara's EXP Boost Week is here!
Event Period: April 25 - May 2, 2016

FatherlyWeirdHare.gif

The EXP Boosts:
- 200% EXP on Weekdays
- 500% EXP on Weekends (Friday 17:00 - Monday 12:00)

Note: This is only the EXP buffs and not the vendor items from Dapara this week.

#2 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

RO2 Server Status Page

Server status indicator (refresh required):

status.png

#3 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

First XD

edit note:

dang son... the bot has beaten me to it

Edited by skippyang, 25 April 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#4 Vampqua

Vampqua

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAlberta 7
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Noooooooo!!! Where's the Myunil sale?!?!?!  I need clockwork!!! Noooooo!!!  :sob:

#5 Dream00

Dream00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

Happy Hour Box isn't over?  :p_omg:

#6 IsaacGS

IsaacGS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

Dapara 200%? No 300%?

only 1 week? u.u

#7 Tersano

Tersano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

http://prntscr.com/awvolz

:P

#8 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

Nope, it should run until April 30.

We decided to run it longer because it took longer for us to get it working.

#9 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

Not until the 30th:
https://forums.warpp...-april-19-2016/

#10 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

YAY! SALE again! my hope is starting to vaporize. well, at least you are giving us exp boost until the "solo levelling quests for ML" arrives (maybe).
ah... maybe next week... maybe... someday... maybe...  :sob: 
can you tell us the progress? how many changes are you working on atm? is it worth the wait? you know, waiting for a long time just to get 3 bug fixes or minor changes in a month isn't worth it. at least tell us pls. ty  :hmm:  

#11 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

Note: This is only the EXP buffs and not the vendor items from Dapara this week. <---This is pure cruelty. 

#12 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Gah.... as if juggling 2hr long hhb farm wasn't bad enough, now you gotta somehow squeeze dapara exp farming in the schedule somewhere too...

WP why u do dis!?!  :p_ang:

#13 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

I'm guessing the "big update" will happen after server merge

If the next patch is really a game changing, I'm hoping for a Title Change too
Chapter 1 : Legend of The Second
Chapter 2 : Advent of Valkyrie

then maybe...

Chapter 3 : Dawn of Asgard ?

#14 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

I'm guessing the "big update" will happen after server merge

If the next patch is really a game changing, I'm hoping for a Title Change too
Chapter 1 : Legend of The Second
Chapter 2 : Advent of Valkyrie

then maybe...

Chapter 3 : Dawn of Asgard ?

I honestly still think that AoV is a curse to the game. so, yea, i agree with you. real game change = title change. just like what AoV did. big changes, yea right, big "changes".

Edited by Aohisa, 25 April 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#15 Oyarzun92

Oyarzun92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

Note: This is only the EXP buffs and not the vendor items from Dapara this week.

No items = Few people in jawaii = No raid 

Supposedly they are improving the method to level up, people are tired of not finding raid. I'm surprised the "big changes" they do.

#16 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

*In with the usual.....* "So erm....... Stand By Chars ? Anything new to report on this ?"

#17 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Can i say?- rip ro2 welcome Terms of ServiceRo1

#18 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:07 PM

*In with the usual.....* "So erm....... Stand By Chars ? Anything new to report on this ?"

Their answer has been "Soon" for over two months. Hopefully they'll come up with a better response.

#19 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

Their answer has been "Soon" for over two months. Hopefully they'll come up with a better response.

I know, but I figure I have to keep digging them in the ribs to show them I / We haven't forgotten. I guess I'm just trying to keep it on their 'to do list' along with the other million things that the community at large wants :)

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

However long it takes for them to make changes to the game doesn't matter nearly as much as to WHAT changes they're going to make. Although if they leave us in the dark for a whole year, that's a different story.

#22 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

So, can we get an octopus/squid mount in the near future, or nah?

#23 SeeMei

SeeMei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

Sales!!! WP never fails to fail us. And regarding that "TownHall Meeting" come on mahn! you guys already know what are the questions that were gonna ask - its all here in here. It just needs a bit of your time to read them.*sigh*

#24 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

Sales!!! WP never fails to fail us. And regarding that "TownHall Meeting" come on mahn! you guys already know what are the questions that were gonna ask - its all here in here. It just needs a bit of your time to read them.*sigh*

Njoror has a lot on his plate right now. It's not that he doesn't want to read the things, or fix them, or know about them, it's that he can't take the time. KRO2's code is probably a big ball of... Well, bullshiz. Dissecting that is difficult if you can't even figure out where to start to even try fixing/changing the things people want fixed/changed. Nothing is impossible, but everything takes time.

Best thing he can do is have a member, or staff member, compile a list of the general things.. Or, ya know, discuss them during a live stream, which is already something he's allotting an hour of his time for to discuss things with the members. Asking users what they want isn't out of laziness; it's out of convenience.

Regarding Kafra Shop updates being a common thing, I'll paraphrase something the staff said three years ago: "It's a F2P game. Money has to be made to keep things running while keeping things Free-To-Play. To keep the paying players happy, new content to the shops must be added. It seems like there is nothing but Kafra Shop updates because we get so few major updates, such as WOE, and new map releases." That last part is because the KRO2 developers were just utterly slow with actual content updates. Again, probably because the code is a major cluster-[censored]...  That, and if they had just copied over the content that had existed elsewhere every two weeks (or every two months), they would be overwhelmed and you'd probably end up getting a lot of content at first, but a decline as time passes (which, by the way, we saw in the first year of the game, and the decline thereafter, when they were giving into player demands for content). Basically, asking for major releases even bi-monthly would be asking too much of them. They aren't a massive team of developers like you see in console games (according to the Wiki on them, there's assumed to be 20-50 employees at WarpPortal, compared to oh, 4,700 at Blizzard), either, so there's that...

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 26 April 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#25 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:06 AM

Njoror has a lot on his plate right now. It's not that he doesn't want to read the things, or fix them, or know about them, it's that he can't take the time. KRO2's code is probably a big ball of... Well, bullshiz. Dissecting that is difficult if you can't even figure out where to start to even try fixing/changing the things people want fixed/changed. Nothing is impossible, but everything takes time.

Best thing he can do is have a member, or staff member, compile a list of the general things.. Or, ya know, discuss them during a live stream, which is already something he's allotting an hour of his time for to discuss things with the members. Asking users what they want isn't out of laziness; it's out of convenience.

Regarding Kafra Shop updates being a common thing, I'll paraphrase something the staff said three years ago: "It's a F2P game. Money has to be made to keep things running while keeping things Free-To-Play. To keep the paying players happy, new content to the shops must be added. It seems like there is nothing but Kafra Shop updates because we get so few major updates, such as WOE, and new map releases." That last part is because the KRO2 developers were just utterly slow with actual content updates. Again, probably because the code is a major cluster-[censored]... That, and if they had just copied over the content that had existed elsewhere every two weeks (or every two months), they would be overwhelmed and you'd probably end up getting a lot of content at first, but a decline as time passes (which, by the way, we saw in the first year of the game, and the decline thereafter, when they were giving into player demands for content). Basically, asking for major releases even bi-monthly would be asking too much of them. They aren't a massive team of developers like you see in console games (according to the Wiki on them, there's assumed to be 20-50 employees at WarpPortal, compared to oh, 4,700 at Blizzard), either, so there's that...

Yes but alot of issues, fixes, changes and others still waiting in the "list" around 2 years and nothing... "Takes over" probably it's a tricky exit or excuse to evade all the time lost maybe it's too late right now. I don't think about fix all the list with 3 or 6 months with "hard work", it's better fix 1 by 1 but don't postpone and fix it later because right now it's a huge list (2 years list). Bad past work RO2 team. It's the truth. Bad merges, inflation, bugs everywhere without solution, stand by status, class balance, skills bugs and alot of other contents and still waiting but maybe game end first and more than 60% without solution...
Sad truth.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users