Patch Notes: April 25, 2016 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: April 25, 2016

33 replies to this topic

#26 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

If they had just a single bug fix for every patch, no matter how insignificant,

we'd be happier for it, and yet we'd also complain that they didn't fix more...

Perhaps they are attempting a massive fix-patch instead of many mini ones?

If so, better await proper testing than to rush implementation with more bugs.

I have no idea what sort of coding mess WP is dealing with. *patient & hopeful*

I wish WP the very best as they unravel the coded mysteries of gravity. :archer:

#27 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:21 PM

we'd be happier for it

I think most people in this thread are still forgetting that WarpPortal can't do any bug fixes yet, Njoror pretty clearly outlined this in the takeover thread, so I'll just quote it here:

There will likely be a brief period of time, as we get our feet under us, that we will be getting situated with all the tools, processes, and documents that Ragnarok 2 has. Trust me, there is a lot to go through. However, we're confident that in the next 3-6 months, we will be able to start making substantial changes and updates to the game. Some of which we know our players have been waiting a long time for  

Everyone seems to keep showing up on these patch notes disappointed that there aren't bug fixes yet, when it was spelled out clearly that it would take a while before the first patches are ready. If you consider that it took 2 extra weeks just to figure out how to switch on the happy hour event, you can imagine how hard it must be to dig through mountains of code to fix a bug. 

#28 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

ah, i didn't read it. my bad.
if that's the case, then i came back too soon. i was hoping for, at least, a little progress in every patch note. it doesn't mean big updates/bug fixes.
ah well, hoping for a miracle in a month is a mistake afterall.

#29 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

we'd be happier for it, and yet we'd also complain that they didn't fix more...

Perhaps they are attempting a massive fix-patch instead of many mini ones?

If so, better await proper testing than to rush implementation with more bugs.

I have no idea what sort of coding mess WP is dealing with. *patient & hopeful*

I wish WP the very best as they unravel the coded mysteries of gravity. :archer:

I think most people in this thread are still forgetting that WarpPortal can't do any bug fixes yet, Njoror pretty clearly outlined this in the takeover thread, so I'll just quote it here:

"There will likely be a brief period of time, as we get our feet under us, that we will be getting situated with all the tools, processes, and documents that Ragnarok 2 has. Trust me, there is a lot to go through. However, we're confident that in the next 3-6 months, we will be able to start making substantial changes and updates to the game. Some of which we know our players have been waiting a long time for..."

Everyone seems to keep showing up on these patch notes disappointed that there aren't bug fixes yet, when it was spelled out clearly that it would take a while before the first patches are ready. If you consider that it took 2 extra weeks just to figure out how to switch on the happy hour event, you can imagine how hard it must be to dig through mountains of code to fix a bug. 

I prefer a mini patch fixes > huge fix list (sometimes huge RO2 updates = fail or call other new bugs and other error issues). And i don't trust a huge and "good" miracle update. Miracle exist (maybe...) but when RO2 team lost 1 by 1 all the chances... good luck(?)

2 years late without fixes and you wish RO2 team "work hard" with the list in around 3-6 months, really? Kidding? I think: yes, kidding.

2 years without a good dev/support work and fix it in 3-6 months... Just read again and open your eyes.  :hmm:  I hope don't requiere the players patience and waiting again. Sometimes the life don't give you second chances and right now it's a maybe fifth or more chance to WP. The actual players need think about spend the time with an other good choice (not WP RO2).

Remember me: with ML50 and rank S, RO2 game ends. Sad but true.  :wah:

Edited by Samu386, 28 April 2016 - 08:26 PM.

#30 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

After Rank S, Master Level 50. I'm still hoping for a rebirth system (Just like RO1).
With tons of benefits, More bonus stats each level up, new skills.
Change into Transcend Class (20% more HP)
Able to purchase more than 100 stat and 20 skill points.
Sounds like fun...

#31 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

I prefer a mini patch fixes > huge fix list (sometimes huge RO2 updates = fail or call other new bugs and other error issues). And i don't trust a huge and "good" miracle update. Miracle exist (maybe...)

It's not a matter of degrees, the issue is not mini patches or huge patches. The issue is WP getting set up to do any patches at all, which they clearly aren't yet. The first patches probably will end up being small ones and not huge miracle updates.

#32 SeeMei

SeeMei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:54 AM

Njoror has a lot on his plate right now. It's not that he doesn't want to read the things, or fix them, or know about them, it's that he can't take the time. KRO2's code is probably a big ball of... Well, bullshiz. Dissecting that is difficult if you can't even figure out where to start to even try fixing/changing the things people want fixed/changed. Nothing is impossible, but everything takes time.

Best thing he can do is have a member, or staff member, compile a list of the general things.. Or, ya know, discuss them during a live stream, which is already something he's allotting an hour of his time for to discuss things with the members. Asking users what they want isn't out of laziness; it's out of convenience.

Regarding Kafra Shop updates being a common thing, I'll paraphrase something the staff said three years ago: "It's a F2P game. Money has to be made to keep things running while keeping things Free-To-Play. To keep the paying players happy, new content to the shops must be added. It seems like there is nothing but Kafra Shop updates because we get so few major updates, such as WOE, and new map releases." That last part is because the KRO2 developers were just utterly slow with actual content updates. Again, probably because the code is a major cluster-[censored]...  That, and if they had just copied over the content that had existed elsewhere every two weeks (or every two months), they would be overwhelmed and you'd probably end up getting a lot of content at first, but a decline as time passes (which, by the way, we saw in the first year of the game, and the decline thereafter, when they were giving into player demands for content). Basically, asking for major releases even bi-monthly would be asking too much of them. They aren't a massive team of developers like you see in console games (according to the Wiki on them, there's assumed to be 20-50 employees at WarpPortal, compared to oh, 4,700 at Blizzard), either, so there's that...

Yah i know that sales would keep this game running - and i also did contributed to keep it running by buying stuffs in KP shop. The point is this is a "game"  it is best when played and enjoyed. So go on enjoy yourselves PLAyFK-ing. I do have nothing against you its just that you don't make any sense at all. Peace out and go continue PLAyFK-ing cuz that would give you "FREE" immediate refine stones - what an exciting event isn't it!?.

Edited by SeeMei, 29 April 2016 - 05:56 AM.

#33 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

Not everyone plays with that mindset. I certainly don't: so wasteful. It is true that modern society is often of a disposable mentality...

However, players seem to play this game to rush to end content at the expense of the journey's experience - get there asap; which

says to me that the game begins when they've reached the end? This seems oxymoronic to me; why bother playing the game at all?

I dunno, but in my humble opinion, the game ends when the players stop playing; not every player stops playing for the same reason.

Some stop because they have hit max level and only log in for WoE, some start an alt to play during down times between WoE, some

stop playing because leveling got too hard/tedious, some chat a lot, and some make awesome videos or otherwise contribute on the

forums. Personally, I have been 'max level' (more often than not) ever since AoV was released, and always found stuff to humour me;

I expect the same will be true when ML50 is released... I (and others) will undoubtedly find more potential for entertainment, not less.

This is not just a game anymore; it's an online community, with it's own quirks and events and valuable connections worth maintaining.

The End is what each individual makes it. The End isn't for everyone. I wish everyone 'Happily Ever After' when they reach 'The End'~   :ani_meow:

Edited by Maxscha, 29 April 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#34 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

Yah i know that sales would keep this game running - and i also did contributed to keep it running by buying stuffs in KP shop. The point is this is a "game"  it is best when played and enjoyed. So go on enjoy yourselves PLAyFK-ing. I do have nothing against you its just that you don't make any sense at all. Peace out and go continue PLAyFK-ing cuz that would give you "FREE" immediate refine stones - what an exciting event isn't it!?.

I quit two years ago. I just lurk, and hope for the future, with what little hope I have left. :ani_meow:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users