117 newbie geneticist need effective suggestion - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

117 newbie geneticist need effective suggestion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:00 AM

hi, my geneticist is 117base, 29job, and I'm leveling in nagg2,

everything work fine now but what is the next? 

I'm planning the build and gear to preparing for the situation after I have to leave nagg2

so I need some strategy, suggestion and I got some question to ask, hope anyone can help me.

Q1 after I turn as a geneticist, I pull almost all the exp into job, now my char is 117base, 29job, what is the better base/job rate which I should control as the next step ?  I know that higher base will reduce the exp just don't know which is better.

Q2 about the state, I'm planning to put str and vit to 90. which first? 

and also, my ideal 175 state build is like this 

90+str     

90+int

90+vit

120dex

77 luk

any comment? putting luk to 77 is for using Arc Angling, but seems not any geneticist go for that

so I suggest 77luk is not worth for a gene, but I need to know why?  or maybe it is good? 

and I'm going for Mvp, Pvm purpose.

Q3 what card should I put into Immune Shield? 

I have think about Hodremlin, but more Neutral resistance I have, the 15%reduce might become more insignificant,

like say if I got +9 palace and 3D glasses than I have 60% + 9% + 5% + 9% = 83% and left the 17%*85% seems nothing.

so I'm thinking about the Parasite Card +5% Neutral resistances but someone said it's bugged, actually it is formless resistances...

which is true, anyone tested it recently? also, how about Thara Frog for final Bio4 purpose? 

this card choosing is kinder make me confuse.

Q4 I still don't get Homo creature yet, anyone can give me a post that I can study it by myself? (I try finding in this forums but it is talking about AI setting? or am I overlook to miss that guide?

Q5 I still got +9FAW Spell 10, but I'm get used to DR HBP, I'm wondering if I put up a +9 FAW [Shooter] with ea 10, I might be one shot monster? but leaving Neutral Resistance, how to survival from bunch of monster? I do not have any experience, don't know the usage between FAW Spell,  EX, Shooter card, or DR HBP in gene's different stage.

Q6 +9 Vana seems not working so well... using it still need to drink potion and without the WPH, pumpkin should be replace by white potion...seems kinder of waster

I got lot of questions.... hope wouldn't bother you guys too much. Thanks!

Edited by youkidding12, 27 April 2016 - 05:01 AM.

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

So many questions lol

1. Most genes generally don't utilize all the skills, and only spam CC and AB, but at a higher level of play, you're gonna be needing Crazy Vines and Fire Expansion at level 5. This 2 skills only apply till you're much higher level and take on harder instances.

2. AA card is pretty much useless on genes, SP can be gained through leech gears like RWH/Vanar. And genes need high amounts of int (suits the class name lol) to deal dmg. Int plays a heavy role for CC and is the 2ndary stat for Acid bomb's dmg calculation. Your ideal stats build has many many more unutilized points. Can always opt for 120 int or 120 str (check out my videos on high int gene vs high str)

3. Why Parasite card lol. It's only 5%. I'll suggest Hodre card in valk shield, and thara immune shield once you're ready for bio-ing. Gene is a class that wears a shield almost all the time, so that much of resistance is not really needed if you pot or use leeching gears. Get dem damage gears, they say the best defence is offense.

4. Homuns are like the bread and butter of a gene (after AB and CC of course). Please get one asap, you won't regret. Generally for PvM, people go for either dieter of sera. Both of which has it's pros and cons, Read up on it here :

http://irowiki.org/w...munculus_System

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Homunculus_S

5. Spell FAW does nothing at all to help with damage. At lower levels, cast time for CC is pathetic, so stick with it, but once you have enough stats, EA FAW all the way! Only use DR when you're tanking, and memblatt FAW when you have someone to tank for you (or learn how not to take dmg). HBP loses out to FAW in terms of pure damage, but has better tankability. So if you're confident you won't die, best choice is to use FAW. Otherwise, just stick with HBP. Remember you take a lot more elemental damage wearing DR, so choose your gears for different situations wisely.

6. Leeching gears such as Vanar and RWH are best used when you're mobbing. Proc rate is really really good if there's more than 4 monsters that you're hitting at once. Perhaps you're still to low level to be reliant on leeching gears??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users