Ninja's Block rate and block damage? - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ninja's Block rate and block damage?

19 replies to this topic

#1 8832160108073104397

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlmighty Guild
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:02 PM

How can I add some of these stats? Coz I can see other ninja have some of these stats in theirs. Thanks for your help! :)

#2 Merciful

Merciful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

your sig is annoying

this is found on katars, the ninja weapons. on cards, too, but it's less worth your time than other things

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

your sig is annoying

If you find the sig annyoing then turn off the sign by clicking on the "X" at the upper right corner of the sig to turn it off for this specific member.

#4 Merciful

Merciful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:26 AM

that's what i did first thing when the page loaded in my browser, yeah

#5 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

that's what i did first thing when the page loaded in my browser, yeah

Hey there!
If you hid the signature, there was no need to mention to the user that you didnt like it, pal. Things like that cause drama.
Although, if you do see one that's offensive or anything, feel free to report it or send me a message. :(

#6 Merciful

Merciful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:09 AM

felt like commenting on it, cause i tell people what i dislike when i can. plus i won't see it if they change it now, which would be a shame were it to be something i like

after commenting this way, i have a higher chance to indeed see it changed within a few days, and when i check i may have a pleasant surprise. given they're not the kind to displease as many people as possible as i am, lol

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:42 AM

Merciful, please change your attitude on this forums. You already have been warned by CM Dragonlark in another topic.

I always tell people if I don't like their attitude. By telling you this I will now have a higher chance that you change it.

Only because this signature annoys you does not mean that it annoys others. If this is the case everyone has the ability to disable it. There is no need for the user to change this signature because it's not rule breaking. So please stop bashing on this user because of his signature. Thank you.

#8 Merciful

Merciful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:29 AM

yeah, so, since you don't understand, lemme explain

i don't care if it annoys anyone other than me, anyone can disable it as i did and i still won't care, nor will i care if they change it or not and i didn't ask them to do so, and i didn't bash anyone since i only said a signature is annoying

like "hey dude, i don't like your hairstyle" and said dude answers "stop bashing meeeee" as if i had insulted them

logic much, it's not because i dislike anything that i'm insulting anywho it belongs to

you have more important stuff to do than going after me for a reason you made up, man. i answered this guy's concern while you're only attacking me on something irrelevant, get it together

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:01 AM

What stuff is important to me is my decision and not yours.

This is your absolutely last warning! Stop bashing on any people otherwise you will take a 2 days vacation from the forums.

I hope this was understandable enough for you. 

Thank you.

#10 Merciful

Merciful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:28 AM

lol, but i'm still not bashing anyone, while you're attacking me out of the blue on a topic that has nothing to do with your concern, which already was nothing valid to begin with

in case you didn't get "given they're not the kind to displease as many people as possible", it means i hope they don't seek the annoyment of people over their own pleasure. i reckon they didn't upload this sig just for pissing people off, and that's what i was joking about

i state that i dislike a signature, then you tell me that i shouldn't bash people and threaten to suspend me because i tell you that you're mistaken

learn to take a critic, dammit. i can see why smart people don't post here anymore

now the rules :

http://www.warpporta...ragreement.html

B ) Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Gravity does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited. 

didn't harass, nor threaten, nor embarrass, nor cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to anyone since i just stated that i disliked something that isn't even related to a "race", origin, ethnicity etc.

D) Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content.

neither

G) Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, bulletin boards, or any other area of the Services.

neither

J) Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service. User further agrees to abide by the rules of the User's Internet service provider. 

neither

K) Violate, intentionally or unintentionally, any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. 

neither

https://forums.warpp...conduct-update/

• "No flaming, harassing, abusive language, swearing or abbreviations of such words, personal attacks, racial attacks, religious attacks, ethnic attacks, or sexual related insults and slang. This includes linking to sources outside that content such content."

neither

• "​Flaming is considered attacking another users or users in a vulgar, harsh or with the use of personal attacks."

neither

• "No character assassination threads."

neither

• "Any posts that singles out a player to issue a slanderous comment regarding an issue that started in-game will be removed from the general view without any warning."

neither

• "Any attacks against the forum moderators or employees of Gravity Interactive, Inc. will not be allowed. If you disagree with an action taken on the forums by a moderator, you can send a complaint to Community Managers via PM to be reviewed."

neither, but i'm taking note of it

other rules have no relation to this. you're threatening me though, and i have the right to call this harassment next time you attack me over nothing as you did twice already

didn't even break a rule, you can't suspend me without implying you're doing so for personal reasons or that you don't follow the rules yourself

now if you could please either contribute to this topic or at least avoid any further unnecessary attacks, that'd be great

tl;dr : "i dislike your [whatever you want]" isn't an insult to anyone

also, when where what warning ? these are dragonlark's posts

yVGE8Pv.png

Edited by Merciful, 30 April 2016 - 05:46 AM.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:14 AM

Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. 

This matches quite perfectly to your behavior. Everywhere in the internet there is something called "Netiquette" which should be followed to talk to each other with respect and tolerance. The only result of your overall negative attitude is that you annoy the whole community. 

Also telling someone to "remove his signature" because it "annoys YOU" is harassing enough, since you're able to hide a specific person's signature and the signature is not rule breaking in any way. This kind of harassment is definitely NOT tolerated.

#12 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

When that something you don't like effects you in no significant way it's pretty insulting to point your dislike out for no reason. And what is insulting is an insult. If you go around telling people you don't like their hair, clothes or whatever, people will take offense. Just don't do it, you gain nothing from doing that.

To add something to the topic, block is pretty useless. But if you want it, you can get some from skills, weaps and I think shields too. Or cards. But really, it's not a worthwhile stat anymore!

#13 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

It's currently bugged.
7d166f20bf2eb166a7cf00c74fa289e0.png

Here is an elga weapon with 219 block rate and block damage 15%(lol)

83e2fd0a633de90012952fe5eb614067.png

Here is a bracelet that is soulcrafted to add block rate.

b47041c2cf02c619681a28bfd4cc01f3.png

Here is the result with both items equipped.
8ae92c565b0a393ce134cdae2c2e3f2f.png

Notice that the 49% block rate did nothing to the final block success rate.

The Issue here is that the block rate% only affects character base also known as 0 and not the item.

Katar Blocking also only affects base by 6% which results in no change as well. Luckily Katar blocking add's block damage correctly. although only 6%.

Ninja's also have to choose, weapon's Elemental Elga weapon has no block rate at all or block damage but the normal one and PoS weapon does.

Edited by Apocryphos, 30 April 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#14 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

The actual mechanics of block is dumb. It's like shooting yourself in the foot if you have a decent amount in the first place. Yes you can block, but everything you do gets canceled because of it and it's quite annoying.

#15 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

yeah the flinch effect was added to the block animation making it an active block instead of a passive block.

In Ninja mode if you block while running you get stuck in running animation until you get hit by something.

this problem also persists on warrior's as well.

Edited by Apocryphos, 30 April 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

I never knew about this problem with blocking. I now go far out on a limb and claim that the former devs just wanted to use the flinch animation as a visual effect. However this has two big problems: If we assume that they are using the original flinch effect this effect can't be canceled, this is why you're stuck. The other problem is the alternative form (Ninja form, the guard shield), there is no animation available for the original flinch effect which results in being stuck. However, this is totally useless. I can't think of any reason why a "blocking" skill shall flinch, this is absolutely nonsense.

However, from what I read we need two things:

- removing the useless flinch effect from blocking

- looking into the block items (for my own information: are these items not working for blocking classes like the knight class or are there blocking items for other classes as well I don't know about?) 

#17 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:07 AM

- looking into the block items (for my own information: are these items not working for blocking classes like the knight class or are there blocking items for other classes as well I don't know about?) 

So far, we know that Knights and Infiltrators are the "main" Classes that use "blocking" Equipments.

It might be interesting to mention that Warriors' (consequently Gladiators') Shields  - Kunkah's and some basic other ones' -  give this advantage.

Something you might have to look into, is that Mirages' Undead Bone, Secmathian and BDL Set give Block Rate bonus upon some equipped parts.

What makes less sense is that only BDL Set give a proper number of Block Rate: 20% + 200.

UB gives "0 + 15%" or in short and as in Set description: "Block Rate +15%".

Secmathian gives "0 + 20%" when fully equipped.

And as you read it, what makes even less sense is that there isn't any damage reduction; well whatever, Mirages have Weaving '-'

Edited by Rainnowx, 01 May 2016 - 03:08 AM.

#18 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

I don't think block rate even works for almost all classes with no pure block rate. Rainbows right about the kunkahs shield, on warriors. Overlords can have like a 2% block chance with that shield, although quite useless compared to the defense+resistance and whatever the others give endgame.

For all I know block rate is % and you need base block to make % work. Twins set bonuses have block rate, but I have never seen a block outside of my weaves. 

I also agree that block should not flinch you and cancel whatever you are doing, If I were to battlesquare with my pally, I'd be able to reduce damage, but not do anything except watch all those cool blocks and die. I also think that blocks should reduce more damage than whatever amount right now. It's a niche stat and only given to 3 classes excluding overlords and priests EE. Also I don't think other classes should get block rate other than those 3.

Some soul craft if not all or maybe none give block rate.

#19 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

At least IM shields/bracelets have a chance for block rate, haven't seen it on equip bracelets yet, if they even have it.

#20 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

However, from what I read we need two things:

- removing the useless flinch effect from blocking

Block Rate% items do not work at all because no class has any base block rate.
90a05c5ec64704f138fdf9d312a1d4f6.png

Absolute Def Rate became block rate% then make the % affect total instead of base.
You might also wanna look into way's into getting more block damage like adding block damage to skills like shield mastery and katar mastery.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users