A farewell message from Leonis - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A farewell message from Leonis

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Hello Rookies and Roserians,

I'm addressing you both because you've both been an exceptional part of my experience and life here with Gravity Interactive, Inc. Yes, this is what it looks like. Due to some life circumstances, I unfortunately am leaving Gravity Interactive & WarpPortal.

To my Roserians,

We had a great many years together and got through it all. I am so happy to see, after all these years, the progress we've made together. The way ROSE evolved, was because of you, and I hope to continue to see it grow, evolve and become the amazing world we all know and love it to be.

To my Rookies,

It may have been a quick ride, but it was so much fun to get to be part of it, to get to know a new community and see how much passion it has. Keep your passion strong!

Everyone, again, thank you for all the wonderful memories. I will never forget my time here and hope wherever I end up, I will have a community as amazing as you all have been. I couldn't have done half the things accomplished without your support and passion for the games we love to play. I'll see you all in-game, only you may not know who I am as "Leonis" is being retired. :) 

Thank you again. So long, and thanks for all the fish. :thumb2: :wave: 

Ryan "Leonis"

#2 VModCola

VModCola

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUFP Headquarters, office of the Commanding Admiral
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

You will be missed, Ryan, you have brought the game quite a long ways from the way you all got the game from Triggersoft.

Thank you for all of your hard work and hope all goes well for you.

Rob "Trebor"

#3 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

Ryan, you already know how I feel.  Thanks for everything you're done, both for ROSE and for me personally.  You have a place in my heart forever.

I know you are going to go on to even greater things as you close this chapter of your life and open a new chapter. 

Best of luck always! 

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hello Ryan,

I am not part of ROSE, but we had some great talks!

I wish you all the best for any new adventure you will begin.

Good Luck!

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

Thanks so much for all you have done!

Special thanks for letting me have Bob's little brother Choropy. No, I haven't forgotten and I never will.

I wish you good luck for the future and for all the adventures awating you.

#6 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

Leonis,

It is sad news that I heard that you are leaving.  I was a part of Rose during much of your tenure, starting in Feb 2004 on Irose, and joining closed beta NArose in Sept 2005.  Here it is over 11 years later.  Well, it was a good run but I know it hasn't been without stress for you.

God bless you and take care of yourself.  I wish you all the best in your future beyond Rose and hope and wish you health and prosperity.

Cheers, CoffeeMuse (Jim)

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 30 April 2016 - 06:32 AM.

#7 xXDemenSlayerXx

xXDemenSlayerXx

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:us

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

Leonis!!!! Metal assault will miss you!!! Thank you so much for your hard work And good luck on your Journey!

#8 NeedleMouse

NeedleMouse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Have a good one!

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Huh, I'll be damned. Good luck sir. I suppose this means I have much work to do. 

#10 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

We'll miss you Ryan, good luck!

#11 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

I just woke up and read this, I felt sad :( well anyway goodluck Ryan! I will never forget you, your passion, efforts you contributed to this game, thank you so much!

#12 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

Not gonna cry (trying not to at least) but just know that you will be deeply missed.  You should be very proud of what you accomplished in ROSE.  Nothing will be the same with you gone but I hope you meant it when you said you will be in-game sometimes. You have an open, never expiring invitation to join Truth anytime.

Thanks for welcoming me and my displaced friends when we came here in 2014 and a special thanks from me personally. Thank you for always taking the time to answer my millions of dumb questions, and for never letting me feel dumb for asking them. Your kindness will never be forgotten. My goal is to be as patient with others as you have always been.  You set that bar high but I'll do my best.

Good luck now and always. Pleas stay in touch <3

#13 LordDarryl

LordDarryl

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Leonis,

It is sad news that I heard that you are leaving.  I was a port of Rose during much of your tenure, starting in Feb 2004 on Irose, and joining closed beta NArose in Sept 2005.  Here it is over 11 years later.  Well, it was a good run but I know it hasn't been without stress for you.

God bless you and take care of yourself.  I wish you all the best in your future beyond Rose and hope and wish you health and prosperity.

Cheers, CoffeeMuse (Jim)

like myself coffee I was online in rose between 2004 till about 2007 had a lot of fun still remember the interview we did with leonis well its been a privledge to have known leo over the years hope life is just as great after rose my good buddy

take care

LordDarryl (dave)

#14 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

So many players have made great memories here. Some of us have been around for years and years, but no one had to play for long in order to experience this game thanks to your devotion. I enjoyed exchanging ideas and working with you. I wish you the best!

#15 Aeirazu

Aeirazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

WoW,good luck with your new adventure. Will be missed. To all my rookies please keep playing some of us old members will be returning soon. Enjoy

#16 Mushy2000

Mushy2000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

So many oldies here, anywho Your dedication showed in your long time commitment to this game. I believe you truly tried your best to do what you could with what you were given, the same cannot be said for many developers today. Rose Online was my first pay to play MMO(yes this game used to be p2p). You were always the face of this game to me. Your castle gear avatar stared me in the face teasing me as it had not been released yet at that time. Having not played for quite awhile but always checking in to see how things were, you were the one constant that this game had, and your presence will surely be missed. With your knowledge I'm sure you've made sure that you have a very capable team to take over your work. I'm not saying this lightly but I really believe this game is still running because of you and a few select people who stepped up to the plate when things got rough. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the OG moderators. It's sad to see you go but I really hope your next project brings you much success. Good luck!

Edited by Mushy2000, 29 April 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#17 albertuna

albertuna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:the dead one

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

The good ol' days will never be forgotten.

Take care and best wishes on your journey ahead.

Spoiler

#18 KingArthur

KingArthur

Amateur Blogger

• ROSE Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAncient player (15)

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

wOW Ryan,

You leaving Rose that is sad. Wishing you the best of luck wherever you end up.

Peter aka KA

#19 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

:'( goodbye leo and if you keep playing rose plz dont be shy and poke my cleric for help when needed. I miss you already.
But always be happy

Edited by angeltje, 29 April 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#20 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:41 AM

This truly breaks my heart. I feel like I am losing a member of my family. I pray that God blesses you wherever you go next and whatever you do. *Hugs*

#21 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:05 AM

The years sure have passed. I started playing this game when I was 13...now nearly 25. It has been some good years with ya Leo, although I really haven't known you on a personal level like some people here.

Thanks for using my custom login background for the Pegasus login haha. Glad you liked it

Best luck to ya, and be sure to let us know if you are working on any new games ;)

~ Banrukai ( aka. David )

Edited by Banrukai, 30 April 2016 - 04:07 AM.

#22 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:49 AM

Goodbye Leonis

As Coffee mentioned, it's been sooo many years. We have lots of memories of you and your time here.

No matter your destination...as Mork would have said... Goodbye  *grabs ears* Nanu Nanu  :wub:

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

Can I be that guy who ironically states that quitting threads are against forum rules? >.>' bahaha jk. But I had too, was too funny to pass up. 

#24 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

I'm surprised & saddened at this news (always so sentimental), but wish you the very best in all of your future endeavors!
Love always~
Pep/Holly

#25 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:11 AM

*sigh* You will be greatly missed. Yet another piece of ROSE history gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users