Starting Out; New Player - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Starting Out; New Player

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hello. I'm a ROSE player, but I've decided to take a little break from it to try out Ragnarok 2. I'm enjoying myself quite well despite the sentiments of others and some other weird stuff I see, but there's something I'm particularly curious about.

I've rummaged through the Kafra Shop (the Item Mall), and I see a lot of stuff in there that influence stats and hence, performance. A major one would be the Elite Membership (Premium Membership in ROSE) that actually affects your stats, move speed and the usual EXP and Drop rate.

I would like to ask if these are retained inside dungeon runs or PvP, and also if the other items like this are retained during the said activities.

I'm also really baffled by those Jumping items. Do those things do what I think they do...?

I also like the Find Dungeon system, but from what I can tell, it seems that people use it quite sparingly, and prefer to enter directly. Is this the case?

Thank you for all the answers!

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 02 May 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#2 adamch

adamch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

1. The Elite membership attributes retain at all expect of the game as far as I know. 

2. Jumping items provide instant level acquisition.

3. Nowadays, Find dungeon system are mostly used as a trading post or public announcement more than for party search. I would suggest u join an active PvE guild and work your way up with them.

#3 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

I would like to ask if these (Elite Membership)are retained inside dungeon runs or PvP, and also if the other items like this are retained during the said activities.

I'm also really baffled by those Jumping items. Do those things do what I think they do...?

I also like the Find Dungeon system, but from what I can tell, it seems that people use it quite sparingly, and prefer to enter directly. Is this the case?

Yes, The stat bonuses from Kafra Items are retained during all activities, as far as I know. I am not sure about ep1, 2, 3 dungeons (bottom of the dungeon list).

Jumping items allow one to skip lvl 1-50 and start at Master Level, almost instantly. It's not hard to do lvl 1-50 w/o them, and it's a good way to learn the game.

Find dungeon works. but conditionally. Solo dungeons (Ep 1, 2, 3) can be found instantly. RHD/Party dungeons need a complete party to complete the search.

However, in 'N' listings, you can post or sometimes find people looking for groups to join for various activities; altho, want-ads & sales are often listed there too.

Welcome and Cheers!

#4 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

Welcome to RO2!  

We hope you have a great time with us!  Looks like others already provided some good advice.  Now is a great time start.  We are going to be starting a special RO2 Anniversary Bonus after tonight's maintenance, so that will probably help a lot too.  :p_smile:

#5 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Answer is in orange text.

1. The Elite membership attributes retain at all expect of the game as far as I know. 

- Ah, I'm not sure what to think of that now, haha. I don't have any problems regarding Elite Membership, but it feels kind of weird to have a difference when you pay for it...

2. Jumping items provide instant level acquisition.

- Another thing that I feel really weird about. Why the heck are there items like this? I know most people will not really deal with it, but it still feels...unusual...

3. Nowadays, Find dungeon system are mostly used as a trading post or public announcement more than for party search. I would suggest u join an active PvE guild and work your way up with them.

- Aww, I was looking forward to queuing randomly and learning through process...oh well. I don't mind joining a PvE guild, but I usually tend not to join any clans/guilds until I got a good grasp of my game. As from experience, especially with a very active one, they tend to ask for a lot of help (but of course, will also help you in return). Oh well!

Yes, The stat bonuses from Kafra Items are retained during all activities, as far as I know. I am not sure about ep1, 2, 3 dungeons (bottom of the dungeon list).

- Ah, the side quests/side story huh. Still, my sentiments remain the same that it feels weird that Premium here affects combat performance. Still, it would be best if I try it out.

Jumping items allow one to skip lvl 1-50 and start at Master Level, almost instantly. It's not hard to do lvl 1-50 w/o them, and it's a good way to learn the game.

- Yes, I like it that leveling here from 1 to 50 is pretty nice, both with a party and and by solo. And heck, I'm actually interested in the story, and the Kharas provide extra stuff for extra rewards; very nice. Still, it got me dumbfounded that the option to "jump" exists. Really feels weird...

Find dungeon works. but conditionally. Solo dungeons (Ep 1, 2, 3) can be found instantly. RHD/Party dungeons need a complete party to complete the search.

However, in 'N' listings, you can post or sometimes find people looking for groups to join for various activities; altho, want-ads & sales are often listed there too.

- Ah okay. Well, I was hoping that this community uses it more often because it seems to me to be a pretty nice feature. The dungeon system in ROSE Online to compare only is active at the end game itself, but is still used, and people do queue. Maybe I'll get the hang of it.

Welcome and Cheers!

- Thank you very much! The community as I can see is quite friendly in game, and I appreciate all the help especially with dungeons that I cannot find a party to join. Thank you for the answers here as well! :p_laugh:

Welcome to RO2!  

We hope you have a great time with us!  Looks like others already provided some good advice.  Now is a great time start.  We are going to be starting a special RO2 Anniversary Bonus after tonight's maintenance, so that will probably help a lot too.  :p_smile:

- Thank you very much. I am enjoying myself right now, and am liking the amount of stuff I can do in the game. The Kafra Points I bought as a result also didn't feel like a waste, so I am glad. I'll probably stay for quite a while. Thanks yet again, and I hope the maintenance finishes soon!

#6 Althen

Althen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

The effect from the elite membership items aren't that noticeable in combat, for player versus monsters at least. You only notice a difference in movement speed normally and, for example, a party member leveling up a quest or few mobs ahead of you most of the time. The membership items do work in the solo dungeons, one of the few buffs that remain as all others are removed upon entering.

As for the jump to level 50 items, it seems more of for those who hold no desire to level through pre master class or find it a bother in a way.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

- Another thing that I feel really weird about. Why the heck are there items like this? I know most people will not really deal with it, but it still feels...unusual...

It's called pay-to-lazy. Better than pay-to-win, I guess.

#8 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

- Ah, I'm not sure what to think of that now, haha. I don't have any problems regarding Elite Membership, but it feels kind of weird to have a difference when you pay for it...

It's worth noting that you don't need to pay real money to get the elite membership if you don't want to, there's a number of ways to obtain them in-game like trivia (shameless promotion), or trading for them with items or zeny at the auction house.

#9 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, haha. I was still mincing my words, but yeah, that's what I want to imply, and it kind of turns me off.

It's worth noting that you don't need to pay real money to get the elite membership if you don't want to, there's a number of ways to obtain them in-game like trivia (shameless promotion), or trading for them with items or zeny at the auction house.

It's okay. I have no problems paying for a game I enjoy or I will grow to. That being said, that Trivia thing in the public chat is kinda annoying. So is the constant noise that appears on your face during people refining something and the like. Blotching it out will block me from knowing current stuff though...

I'll get used to this, hopefully.

Thank you for the answers!

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 03 May 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#10 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

Huh... I thought it was made to appeal to the lazy, but actually intended as a way for the developers to forget LOTS ever happened, and try to make the community forget as well.

Anyway, TaeNiMiku, welcome to RO2. It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but that will hopefully change in the future now that WP has the reigns behind developing the game.

#11 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Anyway, TaeNiMiku, welcome to RO2. It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but that will hopefully change in the future now that WP has the reigns behind developing the game.

Thanks! I'm doing pretty well, and I hope it gets better. :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users