Classic May 5th Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic May 5th Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Andradee

Andradee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

1. Update the Classic specific database and make it accessible by everyone, so we don't waste time/effort on messed up places/monsters.

2. Reduce the amount of castles on classic. 

Pls.

Also, more old hats in boxes. Fish head hat bring it back. 

#27 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

Looks like Ultimate Desperation Box basically became a reality.

Edited by Faolain, 05 May 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

1. Update the Classic specific database and make it accessible by everyone, so we don't waste time/effort on messed up places/monsters.

2. Reduce the amount of castles on classic. For a server with only 5-6 active guild in woe the forts must be limited to either one or two realms per woe, so woe becomes more interesting, rather than chasing around 20 fort's to find people to fight and to control the amount of god's on the server. I've asked this like a year back, but you guys never bother.

Not that there isn't a problem, there is; but that suggestion is harmful.

First of all it'd be action in 1/10 castles instead of 1/20

Secondly, I don't know if you noticed, but I did. Our opponents will either run away, or just log out if we fight them. They have no reason nor motivation to even try.

Thirdly given above, the castle they claim in the final few minutes doesn't matter, so they will just hit guilds who don't own gods/mvps/numbers/experience.

Forcing a guild like say, wow I can't even not finish this sentence without someone reporting me or being offensive. Anyway forcing a guild with 4~7 people and no gods/mvps to fight one with 15 and several boss cards/mvps is really, really bad.

What I suggest is looking at motivating actual defense / offense, such as the old wps system. Otherwise Tolrin-chan can continue to st in Lighthalzen till the end of WoE (or just go do okolnir) then attack dawn of the autocrat (that censor is dumb btw CMs) and Aurora can camp outside AFK putting up chats until VH "goes away".

I know the VH 12 man army is terrifying. Closing castles won't stop them from logging out when we chase them. They're trying to make us stop playing so they can "win" by boring us. Turning that on other guilds isn't cool.

So don't ask for the wrong thing. Ask for motivation to play, because their behaviour will not change even if there's only one castle.

Edited by Xellie, 05 May 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#29 Sh4dd1x

Sh4dd1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBR
  • Server:Loki Classic

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

Evil marching hat!! Ty oda!!!!

question... why dont you change Miniglasses[1] for Laser Eyes[1] both are ugly but I cant remember when laser were in a box...

#30 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

The spotlight event continues

Leaving this week

Lucky Box Departs

Added this week

New Groove Pack for May!

When opened gives 1 HE Bubble Gum
as well as one of the following:
Common
Mega Resist Potion 80 cnt
Lv 10 Sword Mercenary Scroll 10 cnt
HE Bubble Gum 3 cnt
Job Battlemanual 50 4cnt
Uncommon
Gangster Scarf
Evil Marching Hat
Holy Marching Hat
Chicken Hat
Rare
Sigrun's Wing
Poring Letter
Miniglasses [1]

If you received the Costume: Ljosalfar on Renewal from the "spend 2000kp event" send a ticket to the GM team and they will take that and add a Zaha Doll Hat 

[item=5464]

For purchases made between 5/1-5/15 pick up the Costume: Poring Wild Rider on a renewal character and ticket in to the GM Team to get it exchanged for a Antler Fedora! 

[item=18662]

how much KP do you have to spend for the Antler Fedora hat?

Edited by PaulElgan, 05 May 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#31 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

2000kp between 5-1-5/15

Servers are up!

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

We could be using that hat slot for something nicer than a fedora.

#33 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

At the risk of starting dumb things. We dont play with you because we dont want to, you're not fun to interact with at all.

As for the rest of the notes:

rmdSx.gif

I really want to keep playing this game/server, can you please do something that makes other people want to play too? 

#34 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

@Oda: Sorry i have a question to make things clear..so if you send a ticket you will get the fairy costume remove and then you will get the Zaha doll, right?

NVM, i start to write too fast, and then when saw the starting drama i realize that i was on the wrong thread :P

Edited by Sewasan, 05 May 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

I don't "interact" with you I just fight/break the emp. It's not my fault you can't handle it. Maybe you need motivation to try.

You don't get to pick and choose your enemies that's not how it works. If you don't want to fight people in "war of emperium" (note the emphasis on the words war and fight" ); may I suggest sticking to pvm? - And I mean fight, not PM my guys with personal insults and ddos our voips.

So basically you're admitting that if there was only one castle and you had to fight Valhalla/GFY you'd peace out? If so say it clearly so people know its a bad option.

"Interaction" would be the kind of behaviours Xelith and Magefist exhibited toward my guild. Learn the difference. You're literally just being salty over us walking through your defense when you have the damn ability to stop us.

qqing to Oda asking them to disable our gods when you didn't want to make your own is not acceptable either. It's retarded. I don't use that word lightly but yeah. It is what it is.

Edited by Xellie, 05 May 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#36 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

At the risk of starting dumb things. We dont play with you because we dont want to, you're not fun to interact with at all.

As for the rest of the notes:

rmdSx.gif

I really want to keep playing this game/server, can you please do something that makes other people want to play too? 

Hey themes, Good For You m8 :)

#37 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

"No ClientInfo File" bug has returned on windows 10.

This bug was corrected on last week's patch, but today's patch brought it back for some reason.

It's been really hard to get motivation to keep playing on iRO. I don't want to resort to privates, but this kind of thing really dissapoint me...

Edited by Hardc0re, 05 May 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

This bug was corrected on last week's patch, but today's patch brought it back for some reason.

I doubt it ever went away, it just tends to be intermittent.

#39 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

I doubt it ever went away, it just tends to be intermittent.

Well, for some reason, after last week's patch I was able to play everyday with no problems at all...

Before that I was resorting to the "-1old1" workaround but this doesn't solve all the issues either so I don't want to use that workaround again... Might as well find some other place to play pre-renewal....

Edited by Hardc0re, 05 May 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

It's been really hard to get motivation to keep playing on iRO. I don't want to resort to privates, but this kind of thing really dissapoint me...

Does this pop up everytime you start classic? We're checking this out after a number of recent reports. 

And don't touch privates, you'll go blind. 

#41 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

Does this pop up everytime you start classic? We're checking this out after a number of recent reports. 

And don't touch privates, you'll go blind. 

It does every time. So I can't play it even if I want.

Check something that changed between last patch and today's, because before it was happening everytime as well, and last week it was working 100% (at least for me, don't know if other w10 users had any issues last week)

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

Well all I'm saying is that sometimes it doesn't happen all week then sometimes it happens every day then it'll be fine for 3 days then it'll be bad for three days.

That being the meaning of intermittent of course.

I just patch 2~3 times a week and bypass the rest of the time.

Also also worth noting that you should always bypass if dual logging, since the game will download any patches, but then fail to write them if you have it open, and not try again afterwards.

Basically I'm saying you HAVE to patch bypass to avoid errors. It sucks and they should fix it but yeah. There's more reasons than just NoClientInfo/squirrelerror to use that fix.

#43 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

It does every time. So I can't play it even if I want.

Check something that changed between last patch and today's, because before it was happening everytime as well, and last week it was working 100% (at least for me, don't know if other w10 users had any issues last week)

Running the Ragnarok installer and selecting the Repair option fixes it for me, so try that.

Edited by Faolain, 05 May 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

Running the Ragnarok installer and selecting the Repair option fixes it for me, so try that.

I believe this works because it closes some process (According to one of my guildmates sciencing it). But it's not a perma fix is it? I mean, it happens again after running the installer.

#45 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

I believe this works because it closes some process (According to one of my guildmates sciencing it). But it's not a perma fix is it? I mean, it happens again after running the installer.

Yeah, it's not a permanent fix, but it does work to get you in the game. It's pretty good for disorganized people like me because I can never remember where I installed anything and I can just keep the installer on my desktop. :P

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

I'm there with you, I just keep a patchbypass shortcut on my desktop and a patcher shortcut on my desktop

It's faster that way

#47 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

I'm there with you, I just keep a patchbypass shortcut on my desktop and a patcher shortcut on my desktop

It's faster that way

Probably a good idea. If I can ever get the motivation to navigate the labyrinthine, twisting depths that is my program files I'll probably do the same.

#48 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

Is it possible to get the event hats without trading our renewal ones? I play on both servers and would rather not have to choose which server I have them on

@ the reducing castle stuff

If it becomes like the renewal system where castles don't drop specific pieces then there will really be no reason to fight over castles.

Edited by Chaiso, 05 May 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#49 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

Is it possible to get the event hats without trading our renewal ones? I play on both servers and would rather not have to choose which server I have them on

This^

#50 Delitus

Delitus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

The Classic client has never worked on WIndows 10 for me without using the -1old1 flag. Is this why the event headgears appear as unknown items?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users