Monk/Priest/Invoker - Chain Combo or Normal attack? - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Monk/Priest/Invoker - Chain Combo or Normal attack?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hey guys! I would like to ask about the chain combo and normal attacks for the Monk/Priest/Invoker class. I've read here in the forums that with chain combo on, your attack flinches enemies but at the cost of some attackspeed while the normal attack does not flinch but grants more attackspeed. At my current level (Level 32), I find chain combo more efficient because the flinch is really useful since I can't kill mobs fast enough and it groggies boss really quick. I tried with the normal attack and I did notice the increase in attackspeed however it was still not enough to kill mobs before they can hit me.  So which of the two modes is more useful? I am thinking that with enough damage, the normal x would be more useful but I am still wondering how it would groggy a boss since x-spam is the main source of damage here. So, x with flinch but less attack speed or x with no flinch but more attackspeed?

#2 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:48 AM

After level 40 when you get Double Shot, it is more useful in PvE to go without chain combo, because Double Shot will hit up to 4 monsters (if I'm correct) at the same time whereas with chain combo you hit only that one or two monsters in front of you. Until then, I would use chain combo if I were you since you told it is easier to handle mobs with flinch effect. Without chain combo it is harder to groggy bosses though, but with enough attack speed and damage that is not really a problem. 

#3 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

Okay. Thanks for the answer. :) So once I'm using the double shot skill, turning off the chain combo is a must to get its full efficiency?

#4 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:26 AM

It's not "a must", but it helps to kill packs of monsters faster, since without chain combo you can hit more monsters at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users