Renewal WoE Revitalization Project - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE Revitalization Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
257 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

By all reports WoE has gotten stale. Its the same battles, for the same gear, with the same tactics. Items coming from kRO are increasing the resistance to status effects of all types. Ultimately this is bad as it causes players to be locked out of playing their class effectively in the WoE enviornment. We want to address this and other concerns in our WoE Revitalization Proposals but want player feedback. DO NOT ENGAGE IN GUILD DRAMA IN THIS THREAD.

• Increase Participation and Breaking of Castles
    • New Gear obtained by the collecting Emperium Shards
      • Obtaining Emperium Shards
        • Kill Quest to kill in Emperiums
          • When an emperium is broken every one in the breaking group receives credit for its death
          • This quest would give a large amount of emperium shards. When turned in.
        • When an emperium breaks shards should also be scattered throughout the emperium room and the first room leading to it.
          • Amount of shards will depend on the economy level of the castle.
        • Shards will be obtainable in small amounts by participating in Okolnir and Seal Quests.
      • Shard Gear
        • Armor
          • Focus on survivability in WoE only. With a function when upgraded similar to the Sara card. Gives players a second chance in WoE when one shotted.This ability would have a 1 minute cool down.
        • Weapons
          • Focus on effects. Current power should be equal to that of current weapon sets used in WoE. Added effects should be.
            • Snares
            • Status effect resistance piercing debuffs by chance
            • SP Drain
            • Elemental Resistance debuff by chance
        • Accessories
          • Increases the effects of the weapons or armor depending on what is equipped.
            • Armor set would increase the chance of the second chance at life
            • Weapon set would increase the chance of the status effect
  • Increasing Combat
    • Introduce WoE Bounty Tokens
      • Tokens earned for killing players near your character level
      • Kill quests for tokens.​
        • Targets would be
          • Barricades
          • Guardians
          • Guardian Stones
      • Tokens can be exchanged for the following​
        • Consumables useful in WoE
          • 100% Chance, second chance scrolls (10 min cool down)
          • Breaking out of Status effect consumables (10 min cool down)
        • Large amounts of tokens can be converted to a small amount of emperium shards
    • Disable formal guild alliances. If guilds want to work together that is fine but they should be careful of friendly fire.
    • Changing the Meta
      • Introduction of the Doram Cat Race
      • Suicidal destruction needs gain a fixed unreducible medium length cast time where caster defense is increased but they cannot move as they are overloading the Mado suit. Ideally the animation needs to include effects where the suit starts to flash faster and faster.
      • Stasis should no longer go through walls.
      • Masquerade line of skills needs to cost SP every time an attempt to made to cast the skill even if the target is not a valid target
      • Potions need a fixed cool down of about 200 miliseconds to compensate there should be a 25% increase to potion healing ability.
      • Disable monster transformation on WoE Maps
  • Cheating
    • Development of kRO of post cast delay cool downs for all skills in game.
  • ​Treasure
    • Divide the god item pieces by realm with each castle receiving a unique peace
    • Left over god item piece needs to be assign to a different realm so that guilds will branch into other realms in order to complete their set.
    • Update OCA to reflect modern card drops
  • Server/client Performance
    • Update the back end/game client to increase the efficiency server side and take full advantage of a 64 bit operating system

#2 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

add the -0.5 sec costume stone and foxtail and I think that will help with woe

#3 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

For status effect resistances maybe you can make the amount of stat required for immunity scale with base level to 120 at level 175.

Edited by sb120495, 06 May 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#4 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

i just came up with this idea few min ago.

all we need to make woe alive is this formula on all damage instances calculation.

If 90% of target max hp - final damage = 0 or lower , then target will loss 90% of max hp.

#5 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Love the ideas so far, if this can materialize, I think it's going to be very helpful for the WoE Scene. The direction in which gear does what also seems to be good, will make WoE overall healthier.

There are some smaller issues that'll need to be addressed, however.

Now, coming over to the nuances:

1) Rewarding particularly emp breaking would derail people into doing only certain things. I wouldn't want to see WoE become a gear farm session where all everyone does is go and ninja break emperiums. Given the large amount of castles right now, it's very possible to do. Rewards people to run from fights. Another issue is that  you'd basically force every member of the guild to whack the emp once to get the participation. Normally not all classes hit the emp, some are dedicated to precasting, buffing, stalling, etc. And I don't think that should change. 

2) I suggest the player kill counts be distributed evenly among the guild/alliance, as otherwise people will be demotivated from playing support roles even more, as you're only rewarding the actual killer. Another idea would be kill participation, where if you assisted in the kill in any manner, you get the count. For example, just hitting the person x seconds before their death, or debuffing them, or buffing a person who attacked the person who died, etc. Basically make it so that no class is omitted or denied the counts purely from playing their class right. 

tldr; overall a good move, the only thing imo that needs work is how we go about giving these equips. What they do and such seem to be in the right direction so far. A lot will come down to the numbers, though.

Edited by WolfTri, 06 May 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#6 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

Damn extend this then. Announce it and give more time for people to post.

Targeting in woe, be able to target enemies over guildees/alliances. That way we can actually cast on who we want.

IRO skill tweaking for woe. An easy way for gms to be able to tweak the percentages of damages skills do in woe. For example ability to nerf the most used skills a little so its not the same four skills everyone is dying from in woe. That plus the already mentioned status effects working will make woe more versatile. Versatility means that people will be able to play different classes other than just Sura.

Tweak some of the older cards to reflect the change in the game. Thus making some cards more powerful that fell behind over the years. Would equal again a more versatile pvp experience.

Again, can you hold over for two weeks instead of one week, so that you can get more posts. Or make an in game announcement for people to come to this thread.

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Damn extend this then. Announce it and give more time for people to post.

Targeting in woe, be able to target enemies over guildees/alliances. That way we can actually cast on who we want.

IRO skill tweaking for woe. An easy way for gms to be able to tweak the percentages of damages skills do in woe. For example ability to nerf the most used skills a little so its not the same four skills everyone is dying from in woe. That plus the already mentioned status effects working will make woe more versatile. Versatility means that people will be able to play different classes other than just Sura.

Tweak some of the older cards to reflect the change in the game. Thus making some cards more powerful that fell behind over the years. Would equal again a more versatile pvp experience.

Again, can you hold over for two weeks instead of one week, so that you can get more posts. Or make an in game announcement for people to come to this thread.

Will do I will make sure this gets announced and discussed. I want to have time to start filling out the formal request sheet.

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

IRO skill tweaking for woe. An easy way for gms to be able to tweak the percentages of damages skills do in woe. For example ability to nerf the most used skills a little so its not the same four skills everyone is dying from in woe. 

So I looked at the way WoE reductions happened and its a percentage reduction along the following categories.

Melee Damage

Skill Damage

Ranged Damage

As it stands I do not think we have the ability to tweak skills solely in WoE without kRO support.

#9 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

Can we get these things this century. That would help the Woe scene a lot. Having to wait 4 months-years for fixes is destroying the server. If you want the game to continue it needs to have regular updates over the next year ALONG WITH regular catch up patching of things that should have been implemented.

I always wondered, free servers just rip of kro and change all the items and text to english, would it be easier just to do the same thing. Open the fungeering section again and ask for volunteers to write out text files for all the chats. Then when we are caught up it would just be translating the new text and we would always be caught up to kro instead of waiting and waiting for things.

#10 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

So I looked at the way WoE reductions happened and its a percentage reduction along the following categories.

Melee Damage

Skill Damage

Ranged Damage

As it stands I do not think we have the ability to tweak skills solely in WoE without kRO support.

Hopefully we can get them to make it so you have access. I know it would be a slight pain but the woe scene would be so amazing if you had access to tweaking any skill at any given time.

You could even have events where first class skills are increased by 1000% just for fun.

Basically the balancing would become really simple at that point if we could get you access to that.

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

I really dislike the 200 ms spam rate in potions. That is far too high. Other then that interesting stuff.

Using potions is part of survivability. Don't ruin the pitting system that helps to make to unique to every other game.

#12 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

https://forums.warpp...changes-cm-aid/

This whole thread.^

-------------------------

Can we get monthly events that double the castle drop rates of certain realms.

I think that if one realm had a double drop rate it would increase the chances that guilds wouldnt get comfortable in the same castles. I remember way back when it was rare for guilds to swap castles because the alliances would just camp the same ones over and over. This would be an incentive to swap castles.

------------------------

Make all the classes go to 175

This would make a lot of people happy and again more versatility to the woe scene

------------------------

Ok I could not NOT put this because I have wanted it since I got back

Motion delay bugs fixed with 3rd job skill [♪♪♪Severe Rainstorm♪♪♪]. (Kro-Oct 7th, 2013) (now?)

And if I am dreaming can we get a damage boost so that we can do damage in woe also

-----------------------

Can we edit emp hit points?

Due to how fast it can be broken now, IF and I do mean IF we get a bunch of abilities to balance skills it will equal people being able to survive longer and it would be nice if we can edit the hit points of the emp as needed to give both feeling of rushing to protect but not to the point that its broken so easily that its just everyone rerunning in the castle break, run back in break, etc

----------------

I dont think KRO needs to help you with this part but we need to have rare things in game. God items and MVP cards used to be the game changers that guilds either had or didnt have. Just like the KBC debacle this box. We need some things in game that are hard to get. This makes it so that people have to work to acquire things. Like I mentioned before, guilds I have been in lately dont really play the game. They already have all they need. People play the game to level up and then get the gear they need. If its so easy to do now, then people lose interest. Cant argue that if its too hard.....I mean come on, iro was the prime of example of hard back in the day then, and people played the hell out of it.

Edited by Mayhem, 06 May 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#13 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

I have a few questions.

If shards drop around a castle what stops enemies from picking them? Not to mention it would be extremely annoying having random items laying around while trying to target someone.

How would a support/non-killing class get WOE bounty tokens?

What about you just drop the emperium shard/woe token idea which is overcomplicated and would take years to complete? It's as simple as asking kro to allow for some modifications to balance certain skills (like, you've done it already adding a cooldown to db).

Suggest: add a cooldown for each masquerade attempt (regardless of failure or success), reduce ranger's unlimit damage bonus (woe only), suicidal destruction gains a very-fixed cast time, and get us STASIS RESISTANCE FORMULA.

Edited by meli, 06 May 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#14 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

I really dislike the 200 ms spam rate in potions. That is far too high. Other then that interesting stuff.

Using potions is part of survivability. Don't ruin the pitting system that helps to make to unique to every other game.

I think 200ms is reasonable. If anything, we could just increase potion efficiency in exchange. This is basically to remove (or substantially reduce) the advantage an autopotter gets over manually using potions. 

#15 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

Suggest: add a cooldown for each masquerade attempt (regardless of failure or success), reduce ranger's unlimit damage bonus (woe only), suicidal destruction gains a very-fixed cast time, and get us STASIS RESISTANCE FORMULA.

Agreed, should make sure that the global skill cooldown applies to masquerades whether or not they succeed. Once the skill finishes casting, it should have a cooldown slapped on it. Unlimit damage reduction and creating some counterplay opportunities for SD and Stasis would be very nice, if they are possible. However, seeing as this requires kRO, and they haven't even given us the Stasis wall fix, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Perhaps reduce overall ranged damage, or just flat out disable No Limits in WoE (like jRO).

Edited by WolfTri, 06 May 2016 - 09:46 AM.

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

If shards drop around a castle what stops enemies from picking them? Not to mention it would be extremely annoying having random items laying around while trying to target someone.

The shards would drop when the Emp breaks which kicks everyone else out. The idea should be to limit the shards to the emp room and the halls ways near by.

#17 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

The shards would drop when the Emp breaks which kicks everyone else out. The idea should be to limit the shards to the emp room and the halls ways near by.

Can they just be a random insert automatically in our inv?

#18 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

Suggest:

Sura should not have mobility (snap) survivability(hgh hp, gentle cure), mass disability(curse circle) mass damaging ability(tiger cannon) amd single target ability(goh gfist) in one package.
Reduce Curse circle duration by half and reduce damage of tiger Cannon by half.

Adding a long cool down to masquerade is stupid, it takes 10+ attempts to successfully masq some people, you guess how long. Better disable masquerade completely so it's all about more sura. This further discourage team work because you will never die with high hp and high end gears, if not masq.

but every step you take you bring in new problems anyway

Edited by sheepmia, 06 May 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

I am glad you actually made this thread Camp and I really hope you will put efforts to push these changes through. Thank you Campitor. #No$$$OnToSThisWeek #$$$OniROThisWeek

Alt characters are still the problems but I dont seem to find any plausible solutions to this but multi-client is also another big problem that everyone seems to abuse ie alt (auto) buffs, alt (auto) ward, alt SD, alt Stasis, etc

#20 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

• ​Treasure
    • Divide the god item pieces by realm with each castle receiving a unique peace
    • Left over god item piece needs to be assign to a different realm so that guilds will branch into other realms in order to complete their set.

Personally I would say that realms should drop a god item piece box that only gives a god piece for a specific god item.
Say something like:

• Luina: Mjolnir
  • Valkyrie: Meg
  • Britoniah: Bris
  • Baldur: Sleipnir
    (List obviously could be changed around but just an example)

That way pieces can't be monopolized easily, and monopoly could be obtained by dominating an entire realm. Which is quite a feat that doesn't really have any reason aside from HoA purpose at the moment.

#21 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Personally I would say that realms should drop a god item piece box that only gives a god piece for a specific god item.
Say something like:

• Luina: Mjolnir
  • Valkyrie: Meg
  • Britoniah: Bris
  • Baldur: Sleipnir
    (List obviously could be changed around but just an example)

That way pieces can't be monopolized easily, and monopoly could be obtained by dominating an entire realm. Which is quite a feat that doesn't really have any reason aside from HoA purpose at the moment.

and I think the left over pieces should be randomly given to any castle in that certain realm but at a really low chance also. Thus making new GOD! items more godly and hard to come by.

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Can they just be a random insert automatically in our inv?

Automatically no... but an Emperium Shard Claim npc could in theory be created for 30 seconds for everyone in the guild to click on....

Can we get these things this century. 

I think the goal would be to implement the changes in stages with the easiest happening first rather than wait for everything in one later update.

#23 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

200 is already pretty low imo. That's still the top speed using ahk would give you. I'd personally like to see it around 300ms, but 200 is better than nothing.

Meanwhile, there are people running around right now using 15 potions a second.

Campitor, what's the rough timeline for getting some of these changes in? Really looking forward to a lot of that list.

#24 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

5 potions per second vs ~16 is a crazy reduction. Try to sac people and heal their damage plus your own. Not going to happen at 5 potions per second. 5 slims will barely give you ~25% of your hp back.

#25 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

hard to come by.

The current drop rate and system already does that way too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users