Renewal WoE Revitalization Project - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE Revitalization Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
257 replies to this topic

#76 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

Additionally, all damage skills except those that do fixed damage (i.e. Gloria Domini, Gravity Field, etc) should be affected by demi-human reductions.

This is honestly the biggest skill balance that the game needs. The amount of 3rd class skills that deal damage that isn't reduced by reductions is way too high, and extremely uncalled for.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 May 2016 - 03:55 PM.
Edited, quote has been removed.

#77 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

So about increase status nullify to 100% with 130 stat points? any one?

#78 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

You're just mad because you cant move in WoE. You dont even move /gg

because right now WoE kind of sucks and I'd rather be afk doing literally anything else. :b

if some of these changes go through, it'll probably be worth trying out again.

#79 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

Locking the thread for a short while so everyone can take a deep breath.

#80 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

Replying in PM since thread is now locked

• Changing the Meta
      • Potions need a fixed cool down of about 200 miliseconds to compensate there should be a 25% increase to potion healing ability.

A huge glaring problem with this approach is that it gives an out-sized advantage to players who use Flamel card and also players who use percentage-based (rather than fixed amount) healing items in WoE, such as WoE White Potions, but not limited to those, as there are other restorative items which grant a percentage of health per consumable.

In recognition of this, if a 200 ms delay on potions is to implemented, then my proposal is to disable Flamel Card in WoE, and make ranked slim whites heal a percentage of HP in WoE, such as 10%. Unranked would heal 8%.

Otherwise the only reasonable garment for every player in WoE to default is Flamel, as a 200 ms potion delay would essentially force it.

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

Thread cleaned opening it back up.

#82 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

because right now WoE kind of sucks and I'd rather be afk doing literally anything else. :b

if some of these changes go through, it'll probably be worth trying out again.

Eating dinner > WoE

#83 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

Please,don't... put those consumables/armor/weapons/acessories in the game...

Doing it you are killing some classes/build types.

The idea of a instant revive is stupid,if you guys want to avoid OH just balance the game. Ask players which skills should be balanced (GOH/TC for example). Don't throw an universal change.

I can take as example GF,due to the 10 seconds cooldown (punching bag for 10 seconds i mean) this kind of consumable/armor can just make this build USELESS.

• Player 1  GF player 2

• Player 2 revive and kill Player 1 cause player 1 can't do anything during 10 seconds (he can run but whatever).

Example 2 :

• Player 1 is a WL without FBH/+13~+14KVM,he is trying to kill a Shadow Chaser wearing WoE Set/KBC/Unfrozen Shadow,after using intense telekenesis he killed the Chaser.

• Player 2 (the SC) revive and masq the WL and his Sac (or just the WL),now the WL is on Telekenesis cooldown and can't kill the SC due to the High base HP/resistence.

See how bad this revive option is? You are removing the merit of killing.

As i said,if the problem is one shotting just balance things (like more 10minutes Cooldown on No Limits)

---------------------- //----------------------

About debuffs :

Well... ._.

Idk how this weapons/consumables are going to work but i would like to suggest here.

Change the requered stat points to get immunity,something near jRO changes.

Example : 120 VIT to get stun resistence.

120 LUk to get Curse immunity.

Sounds OP but i want to see how those weapons/consumables are going to be.

-----------------//--------------------

About Cheating :

Which skills? Some skills like MASQ/DB/GOH/TC should have a cooldown for balance

ALL SKILLS? not a good idea,really

-----//-----

and Finally ....

Changing the Meta

• Introduction of the Doram Cat Race

REALLY?

Are you planning to change the meta putting this BROKEN class in the game?

You can search for kRO videos and this cats can one shot almost everyone because they are not humanoid type.

Meanwhile Expanded classes can't even get 175 ... If you want to change the meta ask kRO for this expanded classes update(they are going to increase the HP pool too,and some rework on the gunslinger skill tree),kRO and jRO are getting it this month,

maybe,fixing some skill bugs could create a new meta? 

There are a lot of skills not working since the renew,since 175,since ever(disarm for example).

---//---

I like the this WoE revitalization in some aspects but other aspects can just do the final hit on the WoE Scenario.

Edited by Hissis, 06 May 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#84 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

Let's get the main issues fixed before adding more broken woe gears please :boogie:

Suggest: add a cooldown for each masquerade attempt (regardless of failure or success), reduce ranger's unlimit damage bonus (woe only), suicidal destruction gains a very-fixed cast time, and get us STASIS RESISTANCE FORMULA.

#85 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

Change the requered stat points to get immunity,something near jRO changes.

Example : 120 VIT to get stun resistence.

120 LUk to get Curse immunity.

He said it better  120- 130 vit/str/luk/int/dex/agi stat points , for immunities

Can we remove Maya P from woe and let the box of sunlight be used instead only for Woe. thats one sugestion.

Another is to remove GTB as well. Reason being is for Mage Classes can actualy be a use more so than just Stacis alting.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 06 May 2016 - 04:46 PM.

#86 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

Example 2 :

• Player 1 is a WL without FBH/KVM,he is trying to kill a Shadow Chaser wearing WoE Set/KBC/Unfrozen Shadow,after using intense telekenesis he killed the Chaser.

• Player 2 (the SC) revive and masq the WL and his Sac (or just the WL),now the WL is on Telekenesis cooldown and can't kill the SC due to the High base HP/resistence.

See how bad this revive option is? You are removing the merit of killing.

The armor would work off of getting one shotted. Are you saying this non fbh/kvm warlock is going to one shot that fully decked chaser? If so, then yes the chaser would survive that one hit. But the warlock could continue to spam that 1 shottable damage, and would kill the chaser on the next hit anyway.

Your gfist scenario is the only one that makes sense.

#87 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

I dont think a WL without FBH/KVM can even kill a fully reduction chaser with soul expansion in woe lol. Unless the chaser fails to pot or too lag to pot /ok.

Edited by s3nd0, 06 May 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#88 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

The armor would work off of getting one shotted. Are you saying this non fbh/kvm warlock is going to one shot that fully decked chaser? If so, then yes the chaser would survive that one hit. But the warlock could continue to spam that 1 shottable damage, and would kill the chaser on the next hit anyway.

Your gfist scenario is the only one that makes sense.

i didn't know it works ONLY when u get one shotted,and i really want to see this working on Ragnarok hahahhaa

I dont think a WL without FBH/KVM can even kill a fully reduction chaser with soul expansion in woe lol. Unless the chaser fails to pot or too lag to pot /ok.

It's not impossible,hard,but possible. (Using KVM of course,but not +13~+14)

and Tofu said it's work ONLY when u get one shotted,well,forget the WL example.

Edited by Hissis, 06 May 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#89 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

Delay on pots is just dumb. It's hard enough to survive on a low HP class, reduce the rate they can pot might as well abandon all reduc cause everything is going to be able to kill them anyways. 

#90 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Think of Sarah card. If you have 50k hp, and you get hit for 60k damage, you take 10k damage.

I don't know the specifics of this new armor, whether you'd take the overflow damage, or you would just nullify a single over 100% hit, but the tech does seem to be there already to support this new armor.

#91 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Think of Sarah card. If you have 50k hp, and you get hit for 60k damage, you take 10k damage.

I don't know the specifics of this new armor, whether you'd take the overflow damage, or you would just nullify a single over 100% hit, but the tech does seem to be there already to support this new armor.

Exactly.

but i still think the revive option is really really bad.

#92 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

Casting time won't change much when it comes to cheating, it's the delay that matters. I'd say put both cast time and delay on it lol, given how stupidly strong shadow chasers are. 

Someone mentioned suras being a problem, I think the best way to address that to fix the fact that most of their damage is not affected by reductions.

If you want to make suras balanced, just make sure that all their damage is properly reduced by equipment as it's supposed to be. The current outliers are:

1) Gates of Hell's missing hp portion.

2) Tiger Cannon's splash damage. Reduction of splash targets is not taken into consideration, the damage the targeted opponent takes is spread onto everyone else in the splash AoE.

This damage is only reduced by a GR card, nothing else. Make it reducable, and the oppressive damage of a sura, both single-target and AoE, vanishes. They still have supreme mobility (Snap) and supreme disable (Cursed Circle). I'd say gfist is balanced in itself due to having to swap to specialized gear if you really want to drop someone with it, and 10sec cooldown period during which the Sura is fully vulnerable.

/\

/\

/\

/\

Please,listen this guy.

#93 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

• I want to start off by saying Thanks Campitor for recognizing the communities frustrations and making a sincere effort to fix WoE

Here are some suggested tweeks on your suggestions, overall I think the community should try things out to see what works and what does not 

• Increase Participation and Breaking of Castles
    • New Gear obtained by the collecting Emperium Shards
      • Obtaining Emperium Shards
        • Kill Quest to kill in Emperiums
          • When an emperium is broken everyone in the breaking group receives credit for its death
          • NPC to collect shards with timer and should have players in winning alliance to collect
          • This quest would give a large amount of emperium shards. When turned in.
          • Helps build team effort Like+1
          • When an emperium breaks shards should also be scattered throughout the emperium room and the first room leading to it.
          • Greed will prevent team effort should have the NPC Idea
          • NPC for players to collect shards +1
          • Amount of shards will depend on the economy level of the castle.
          • Shards will be obtainable in small amounts by participating in Okolnir and Seal Quests. Helps build team effort +1
        •  
      • Shard Gear
        • Armor
          • Focus on survivability in WoE only. With a function when upgraded similar to the Sara card. Gives players a second chance in WoE when one shotted.This ability would have a 1 minute cool down.
          • One for set (try it before rejecting this Idea!!!!)
          • One for upgrade (try it before rejecting this Idea!!!!)
        • Weapons
          • Focus on effects. Current power should be equal to that of current weapon sets used in WoE. Added effects should be.
            • Snares Increase duration of Snares
            • Status effect resistance piercing debuffs by chance Like +1
            • SP Drain Increase% per upgrade
            • Elemental Resistance debuff by chance
            • Many one-shot skills can already use elemental conversion this does not make sense to bypass
            • Bypass Gold Thief Bug immunity by Percent % weapon upgrade damage also with a fixed 25% chance
        • Accessories
          • Increases the effects of the weapons or armor depending on what is equipped.
            • Armor set would increase the chance of the second chance at life
            • Weapon set would increase the chance of the status effect
  • Increasing Combat
    • Introduce WoE Bounty Tokens
      • Tokens earned for killing players near your character level
      • Kill quests for tokens.​
        • Targets would be
          • Barricades
          • Guardians
          • Guardian Stones
      • Tokens can be exchanged for the following​
        • Consumables useful in WoE
          • 100% Chance, second chance scrolls (10 min cool down)
          • Breaking out of Status effect consumables (10 min cool down)
        • Large amounts of tokens can be converted to a small amount of emperium shards
    • Disable formal guild alliances. If guilds want to work together that is fine but they should be careful of friendly fire.
    • How about give damage modifiers (Woe Damage reduction % Variations) for guilds with less numbers vs guilds that are full you take 10% less damage when 20 vs 40
    • Changing the Meta
      • Introduction of the Doram Cat Race
      • Suicidal destruction needs gain a fixed unreducible medium length cast time where caster defense is increased but they cannot move as they are overloading the Mado suit. Ideally the animation needs to include effects where the suit starts to flash faster and faster.
      • Reduced chance% to hit any target in range rather than the high chance it does now
      • Stasis should no longer go through walls.
      • Masquerade weakness should randomly strip 1 weapon or armor type and have a fixed reasonable cool down on success or failure
      • All other masquerades are fine the way they are
      • Divest accessory should also have cool down on multiple attempts after success or failure
      • Potions need a fixed cool down of about 200 milliseconds to compensate there should be a 25% increase to potion healing ability.
      • Disable monster transformation on WoE Maps
      • Like+1
  • Cheating
    • Development of kRO of post cast delay cool downs for all skills in game.
    • Bypass programs makes this pointless
  • ​Treasure
    • Divide the god item pieces by realm with each castle receiving a unique peace
    • Left over god item piece needs to be assign to a different realm so that guilds will branch into other realms in order to complete their set.
    • Update OCA to reflect modern card drops
  • Server/client Performance
    • Update the back end/game client to increase the efficiency server side and take full advantage of a 64 bit operating system Like+1

Edited by GhostShadow, 06 May 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#94 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

Anyone gonna talk about increasing the immunities from 99 to 130 yet?

#95 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

Oh I LOVE the idea of the npc popping up. Although I picture a lot of people using there alts to horde up on shards if they give anything that can be exploited.

That is why the NPC is timed like Campitor said and maybe have them required to be in guild that was of the winning team as requirement to acquire crystals.

Edited by GhostShadow, 06 May 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#96 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

Revision: Let Maya P stay in woe1 and woe 2 But Maya P cant see people in cloaking exceed. But it can see people who use cloak and any other hidden skill. Box of sunlight on the other hand can see all hidden skills including Cloaking exceed. for Woe 1 and Woe 2

#97 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

Let expanded classes go to 175.

#98 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:14 PM

Anyone gonna talk about increasing the immunities from 99 to 130 yet?

This would make sense to have immunities increased then to increase effectiveness and duration of status effects on weapons and skills

if there is consumables for a break out of Status effect by chance added to the game 

#99 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

Also suicidal destruction should be interrupted when hit.

#100 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

5 potions per second vs ~16 is a crazy reduction. Try to sac people and heal their damage plus your own. Not going to happen at 5 potions per second. 5 slims will barely give you ~25% of your hp back.

Wo_E_White.png

Its not the volume or speed of HP recovery when lag prevents both, I don't know how many times especially in WoE TE you die and re-spawn with 1/2 to full HP bar potting didn't catch up in time when spamming the potting button. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users