Offers to novice a phen card bound - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Offers to novice a phen card bound

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

Hello there. I play some mmorpg that usually has mage class and support class overpower...
So... new players whom easily play in another game, easily desist of rag because the cheaper classes are rangers and some classes.
I recommend Some Harry potters fans, glee fans or greys anatomy fans to not play (real life vs game phantasy opportunities )... kidding...

Bound Phens is a boost for newbies, while they cant afford shadow spell, Geffen, etc....

Obviously bound item to prevent rag of stalkers

What do you think?

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

do overlook water dungeon quest. you can get your guaranteed 'free' phen card there

#3 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

I and you probably can buy a thousand and ... that's not for me or old players...
Its an incentive to newbies simply uninstall rag with answers (lies) like... nah... this game is horrible (when they simply don't want to die constantly, don't understand how they can start, and I can suppose that newbies who make a magical (can be a bard or healers too,others )as first chars easily don't want to play rag)....
Off course I'm talking about who's never have been playing.....

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

why buy when you can get for free as in my previous post? duh

#5 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

Man... forget your knowledge about (I know you are the kind of players with too much knowledge) and think that rag is a car... if this car is OK, you only needs to turn on to makes your travel, but if you can't turn it on, you probably try the train and forget the car.

Rag is only for resilient people...
You probably (and me too) aren't the lazy Occidental personality, who needs a lot of incentive to use their brains...

Come at an European country (or global Occidental country) and try to see how much dies by porings they can
Accept before alt+f4

#6 KitsuneTheFerret

KitsuneTheFerret

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Porings gotta eat too.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:48 PM

Man... forget your knowledge about (I know you are the kind of players with too much knowledge) and think that rag is a car... if this car is OK, you only needs to turn on to makes your travel, but if you can't turn it on, you probably try the train and forget the car.

Rag is only for resilient people...
You probably (and me too) aren't the lazy Occidental personality, who needs a lot of incentive to use their brains...

Come at an European country (or global Occidental country) and try to see how much dies by porings they can
Accept before alt+f4

this has nothing to do with my knowledge. it is about your assumption that new player should be spoonfed about everything (why dont level 175 purchasable in kafra shop then? if this is the logic). getting phen card should be an achievement, a stepping stone, and a proof of your hardwork (either you get it from drops, oca, quest like overlook, or buy it).
my stance is a NO. if it is the logic, then every archer should given an archer skel card on jobchange, thief given soldier skel card, and so on.
this game is already easy for new player, they just need to socialize to get some friends and helping hands to know how this game works and to get good,

#8 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

This game is by no means easy for new players and there definitely does need to be something done about it, but giving everyone a free Phen card isn't a good idea.

Not only is it already easy enough to get your own Phen it's also not going to make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. New players quit for a lot of reasons, but not having free uninterruptible cast isn't one of them.

#9 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:58 AM

ask your cousin o make a mage and cast firebolt in some maps.... 
i ll love stay with u to watch this scene

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

sure!

1~20 mandragora (don't get too close!)
20~35 horn/coco (be wary of elder willows! use cold bolts for them)
or
15~30 ant eggs (fireball is better tho :V)
35~50 megalodon (WING FROM NERAID ASAP. might need to cast twice)
50~70 grove (idk if the exp still as awesome as before, otherwise, stop at 65 - don't get too close to flora)
or
60~80 savage (again, don't get too close to flora)
75~90 porcellio (have you saved enough for an imp card?)
90~99 stapo (as always, don't get too close to the plants! they bite)
or
70~99 low TI. if you are a sage it's harder to get party. but not as hard as getting mid TI party in general :V

my cousin should be able to do it :) if he's interested in RO at all lol

#11 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

Yes.....Because your cousin has you..............

now u have to try he do it alone .... WITH  ZERO help from an old guy who know 1000001 things in this game

someone help me in the 1st day ... told me to to dont make mage class...

so i made my knight ..... and in 1st day someone gave me a guard because I die a lot and after I receive the guard I tought that's enough to attack the wolf and he said that I have to do it alone now hahahaah....

#12 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

Then that's a knowledge problem, not an issue about game mechanics. If you didn't know anything and weren't willing to look it up you're not gonna have a good time with or without a Phen lol.

#13 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

I just talk aobut one thing.. I know that's a cobweb.... I just start....

I never did full izlude quests, because theres tooo mmuch npcs and active quests.... confusion ...

but i know that no phen is a trouble to newbies...

just accept, doesnt hurt....

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

Funny this, because when i started playing RO, 13 years ago, my 2nd character was a mage. DBs and forums etc werent even a thing yet. Still i didnt felt need for phen, i actually disliked coz i could kill monsters faster without it(less cast). Renewal didnt changed the experience of a starter mage, actually it made it easier.

Besides, thats not even a point that needs to be made. It could be an issue way back, but nowadays everyone has access to every kind of info every game on internet, and he/she could find very nice tips about the class he/she's going to play(thats one of the reasons this forum exists no?). Even if he decides to not search for any info, the person should ideally recognize the what he's doing is not working, and would try another strategy. To persist in an mistake is to be an idiot.

And just to conclude, ppl dont quit games because their very first moments on it weren't a cake walk. They quit games because its gameplay style does or not pleases them. 1 gear is not a decisive factor for someone to stay in the game, specially newbie ones that would barelly know how to use it properly

#15 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

Buy 1000 KP from Warpportal Websote

1. Put up chat Eden  S> 100 KP / 10M RUSH!!!
2. Earn 100m 
3. Proceed and buy Phen card from Ragial.com
4. GG P2W

Anyways the majority of mage didn't have Phen card back in the day. Phen cards were a luxury, and those mage had zero problem leveling. A lot of people rely on skills instead of gears like lining up perfect firewall or utilizing stone curse and frost diver. Wizard utilize Safety wall in order to not be hit or ask priest for Kyrie to avoid cast interruption. 

#16 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

Buy 1000 KP from Warpportal Websote

1. Put up chat Eden  S> 100 KP / 10M RUSH!!!
2. Earn 100m 
3. Proceed and buy Phen card from Ragial.com
4. GG P2W

Anyways the majority of mage didn't have Phen card back in the day. Phen cards were a luxury, and those mage had zero problem leveling. A lot of people rely on skills instead of gears like lining up perfect firewall or utilizing stone curse and frost diver. Wizard utilize Safety wall in order to not be hit or ask priest for Kyrie to avoid cast interruption. 

i dont need a phen... but if u have 2 ,....

just kiding----

I dont need a  phen because i have the shadow gear....

if only an idea for newbies, to increase the adherence...

example= i play Ragnaork and spent in gam eabout 200€ IDK if is more... and if I look for Terms of Service... i didnt bought the early access because I dont spent money in a new game (newbie)...

newbies just take a look 1st and then pay... when they like

#17 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

In the old days, when you bought a game you knew exactly what you were getting — a complete experience that was worth the money...  and any hardships you face make you stronger

If game need to give gamer an advantage in the game, completely removing the need for skill entirely.

Then what's the point of playing....???  when player’re not playing a game to get better at it...

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

There is a wide range of passive and immobilized monsters at early levels that makes phen unnecessary.

Edited by Kadelia, 20 May 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#19 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

There is a wide range of passive and immobilized monsters at early levels
that makes phen unnecessary.

Thanks for:
-don't call me a girl
- make a good review
- understand the purpose of the author

My idea for non interrupts in cast is increase initially autonomy of any... focus in learning more in game(izlude doesn't helps you as I think it would be)

My focus is the vulnerability of the new player in game (I think even have this problem, but people have each day better pcs to chose games and spend shortly time to test games... bad experience result in a alt+F4 in minutes and delete)and care for more people in game...

Maybe u can make an adequate post to make a brainstorm for gravity, because we need to be the way of ours lives in game. Rune Midgard is a world that we can care like earth ......

I have the know how about ko games (hard when I compare with anther style) and the difficulty in begIner can be different than now

I think we need to see:
- what's happen in game with people
- compare the know how of me 45%, your {kadelina} maybe 245%, and the prevalence...

List it, suggest, mark, fight when we need...

My last best friend in game had VIP account for months.... he never know how summon a mvp and only did when I teach step by step ....

Some people think.... that's not my problem...

Not if people stay in game for enough power to pay workers and maintain updates / game...

Do you know another possible good change?

#20 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

<>
Use a better translator. Not trolling, your English needs work badly cuz half the time I can't even make out what you're trying to say.

<>
It's just the translation from Portuguese to English via Google Translate is horrible, I tried it using random Portuguese expressions and it just does not work well.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 20 May 2016 - 03:30 PM.
Removed quotes, merged posts.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Someone close this thread.

Fuyu has already given the answer, and others have stated immobilised mobs for alternatives; and hell, I will mention KITING just to top it off.

Either way, this is not required at all.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

Its like translation party stuck on step 1 '-'

And even knowing both portuguese and english, its really really hard to understands what you mean to say sometimes

#23 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

resume:

I think that we need to facilitate the dificulties in beggining of game, to ensure that people joy at one first contact with game (to prevent the give up). A intterrubtable cast is only one point. 

I'm refuse the idea that's good enough to encourage the player (specially in beggining). If u xplain me the right way to do, i just refuse, because that's not the reallity of begginers.

u dont need to read more than It. I didnt ask for tutorials about game. I xplain the fact...

ragnarok Is out of age to introduct for newbies (not the common nerds or players of 2000 games)...

Close the topic if u want... :p_idea:

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Closing this thread, that wasn't nice at all.

Concerning the language barrier, you may post in your language if you have difficulty conveying your thoughts in English. Please refer to this post under Rules of Conduct.

Thank you for understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users