Need help on rebuilding my DB RK - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help on rebuilding my DB RK

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hi guys,

So I was finally able to decard my Kiel Top HG and currently I'm trying to decide whether I should put in a +9 rwh or +12 hwhb. (Please note this is for pure PvM).

Please help me evaluate these 2 options before I make up my mind.

Option1:

+9 rwh (Kiel) 

mid Kiel

blood sucker

+9 TGL (Dracula, Hunter Fly)

2 magic intensifier rings (Anti-Magic Suit combo)

90% delay reduction, 11% chance to leech 36% of dmg as hp, 11% chance to leech 13% of dmg as sp.

Con: 70% delay reduction wearing shield (already gave up on sarah earrings).

Option2:

+12 Hwhb (kiel)

mid Kiel

blood sucker

Mace (Dracula, 2 HF, 1 AS) + Shield

2 magic intensifier rings (Anti-Magic Suit combo)

87% delay reduction, 9% chance to leech 35% of dmg as hp, 10% chance to leech 5% of dmg as sp.

Con: No sp leech source when switching to 2 AS TGL. (Don't want to depend on incubus pet and nid garb for sp. Don't proc enough, really inconvenient)

Note: Not taking the new malicious shadow set into account yet. It might or not make any difference, idk :P

I'm pretty lost cuz I can't decide whether option 1 or 2. They have their pros and cons, but basically I want to have the most comfortable experience with my RK for pvm purposes, from leveling to doing instances, etc)

I will really appreciate if you could help me rebuild my RK and make the best use of my gears.

Thanks !

Edited by Richkr, 06 May 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

Since you can afford it, 2nd option seems to be a better choice. You only have the sp problem listed as a con, just hotkey your other tgl with dracula card, and once it procs, switch back to your AS tgl. HP too, if you're lazy to pot.

Why would you be using anti magic suit combo > magic intensifier rings? Shouldn't Expert Rings be better? even if the combo works out?

Having that sort of delay reduction when wearing a shield makes you almost invincible lol

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

Why would you be using anti magic suit combo > magic intensifier rings? Shouldn't Expert Rings be better? even if the combo works out?

Same delay reduction and slot, + addiotional bonuses

#4 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

They're both viable but I'd go for Option 1. There isn't that much content in game that you really need a shield for, and the extra leech is really convenient + it helps to augment survivability. If you do have to wear a shield, 70% delay reduction isn't a huge hit to dps either, especially if you're kiting around since you probably aren't getting DBs off every exact 0.2s anyway. 

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

Malicious Set gives 4% chance to absorb 8% of damage as HP, the +0 Rideword effect.

It's very probable that we receive the Spiritual Shadow Set (MVP one but y'know), so dracula is not much needed.

#6 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Tbh, I was thinking more about option 1. This hp/sp leech is a big thing to me and I'm not used to defaulting shield either. Also switching gears for more sp/hp proc is really annoying, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to rebuild my rk.

Well guess I will go for the first option, unless there is something really special about option 2 that I don't know about (except for shield use).

#7 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Agree with hotel, go with option 1. I would only wear shield (GTB) for:

1. Solo leveling in Bio Laboratory 4th floor (also requires Tao and Eddga)
2. Solo hunting at nightmare Bio Laboratory
3. Solo High Wizard Kathryne
4. Solo Scholar Celia
5. Solo Buwaya
6. Solo Ifrit without relying on Millenium Shield to dodge Earthquake

87% delay reduction is nice to have for these things, but is by no means a necessity.

#8 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

thanks ! I knew you would respond on this thread :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users