a few small suggestions that can make the game better - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

a few small suggestions that can make the game better

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kingdenboo

kingdenboo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

hello! first post on the forum, even though I have bene playing on this server for like 2 years now :P anyways I came up with a few (maybe) simple and small things, that can make the game so much more better

1: Fix the bug that when in F7 tactical mode, when someone disconnects or leaves INBETWEEN STAGES that the next round never starts and poepel have to leave, wasting the time they spend in the f7 tactical mode map..

2: overall client stability. I noticed that when you minimalize your client into a tab the client just closes after a while. this is one of the bigger issues why people often DC in f7 for example, because they don't know that doing this has a high chance og closing your client automatically.

3: Buyback option: in case you accidently sell a good item like a really good and expensive weapon to an NPC, you can go to the buyback tab and buy the last 24 items (as an example) back with a 10% or 15% extra fee + original selling price.

4:battlesquare: cap people's gear to max +10, so everyone doesn't one-shot eachother. of course if you have let's say a +20 element weapon, the +20 will go to +10 once you enter battlesquare, and back to +20 once you leave it, and same goes for every piece of equipment you are wearing. I don't know if this kind of thing is possible, but it might balance things out a little bit.

this is all I have for now. if anyone has any feedback or any other suggestion, please leave a comment

Edited by kingdenboo, 09 May 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

This requieres a lot of client changes, and even if the first three requests were requested over and over, it won't appear very soon. Even if a lot of progress and research were made for bug fixes so far.

#3 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

i like point 1-3

#4 Telzyn

Telzyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

They're all good suggestions, But I doubt they will fix anything.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

Well except for number 4 which I think is a horrible idea :P. All if these the devs know about though. The f7 bug will be fixed at some point I'm pretty sure, but since it isnt game breaking they arent in a hurry. Buy back option would be nice, but maybe not worth the developement time. And then a stable client is ofcourse important, but I for one never really crash (except at elga) so cant really say much there.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

hello! first post on the forum, even though I have bene playing on this server for like 2 years now :P anyways I came up with a few (maybe) simple and small things, that can make the game so much more better

1: Fix the bug that when in F7 tactical mode, when someone disconnects or leaves INBETWEEN STAGES that the next round never starts and poepel have to leave, wasting the time they spend in the f7 tactical mode map..

2: overall client stability. I noticed that when you minimalize your client into a tab the client just closes after a while. this is one of the bigger issues why people often DC in f7 for example, because they don't know that doing this has a high chance og closing your client automatically.

3: Buyback option: in case you accidently sell a good item like a really good and expensive weapon to an NPC, you can go to the buyback tab and buy the last 24 items (as an example) back with a 10% or 15% extra fee + original selling price.

this is all I have for now. if anyone has any feedback or any other suggestion, please leave a comment

1. We are aware of this bug

2. This mostly happens when running the game in full screen mode. I always run the game in windowed mode and then this won't happen. At one point we are planning to implement a borderless windowed fullscreen mode which will solve this problem, but no ETA yet.
Another solution is: Play F7 and don't stand around AFK with doing anything else in the background while someone else is playing for you ;)

3. :D

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

They're all good suggestions, But I doubt they will fix anything.

Sure, like all the other fixes we already did and continue to do.  :heh:

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

So buy back option's coming in Arcadia? Awesome!

#9 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:59 PM

1. We are aware of this bug

2. This mostly happens when running the game in full screen mode. I always run the game in windowed mode and then this won't happen. At one point we are planning to implement a borderless windowed fullscreen mode which will solve this problem, but no ETA yet.
Another solution is: Play F7 and don't stand around AFK with doing anything else in the background while someone else is playing for you ;)

3. :D

To Point 2: I'm always playing in Windowed Mode and even for me sometimes (very rarely) the client just closes without any sign before when the Tab was minimized. When My Window was not minimized to the tab I never had any issues like that (no random client closes or stuff) but as I said, when minimized it occured a few times. 

I don't know why and when exactly this happens but as far as I remember my DS tab (and so the client) just randomly disappeared and closed when I opened up some other program like Chrome or something. But still no issue at all when another random tab just overlaps my DS client in windowed mode. I know that this is very strange but maybe the OP also had an issue like this. I don't mind this that much because I rarely minimize the tab and when I do it occurs rarely as well so it happened about 3-4 times so far but just wanted to mention it.

#10 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

I use window option: 1024x768, and sometimes my window game suddenly closed inside F7 map. All the times i have an archer class party member, probably is the reason because some archer skills with excess of graphic's animation (like a camera flash), innecesary animations close my game window and after log in again im outside F7 map. It's a frustrating thing.
Every time the people ask me about if i use full screen but no.
My pc system requirements are between minimum and recommended (or maybe recommended).
But well... if someone have an answer about the problem, tell me, thanks.

Edited by Samu386, 21 May 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#11 Telzyn

Telzyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

Can't wait for a buyback tab!

#12 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:46 AM

4:battlesquare: cap people's gear to max +10, so everyone doesn't one-shot eachother. of course if you have let's say a +20 element weapon, the +20 will go to +10 once you enter battlesquare, and back to +20 once you leave it, and same goes for every piece of equipment you are wearing. I don't know if this kind of thing is possible, but it might balance things out a little bit.

1 to 3 good to go

4) I have a problem with, not good for business, loose money cause people will just go to 10 instead of full 20 gear. Second, a lot of people just geared for those specific areas with full gear at 20. Instead of the one shot kill, which happens normally to high elements, I suggest removing elements from BSQ-EW and capping attack speed to 268, since it looks that's were its max is, cap movement speed 300's, also remove all healings since is the most abuse method used in bsq-ew and for once kick the camping players out of BSQ.

#13 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:30 AM

1 to 3 good to go

4) I have a problem with, not good for business, loose money cause people will just go to 10 instead of full 20 gear. Second, a lot of people just geared for those specific areas with full gear at 20. Instead of the one shot kill, which happens normally to high elements, I suggest removing elements from BSQ-EW and capping attack speed to 268, since it looks that's were its max is, cap movement speed 300's, also remove all healings since is the most abuse method used in bsq-ew and for once kick the camping players out of BSQ.

i can't stop telling you guys. 268% was the max cap for earth master since they have the shortest attack animation. capping movementspeed would be a huge nerf to archer and twin class and not a general nerf. Stacking movementspeed is simple a way to fight. If you can't catch someone make a movementspeed character as well! Healing isn't a problem either. BSQ and EW are both group PvP. in a group you have to focus those stacked players in order to take them down. If you lock an Enemy he can't heal himself. Don't like it because it is against your "rules" then you are not made for group PvP. The same goes for camping in BSQ. Got some flags?? great now try to keep them no matter what cuz that is how that mode was created.

For EW there should be a solution on the camping i agree on that. 

Also the element rework is in progress so that shouldn't be a huge problem after arcadia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users