I do not get the mentality of A-_- - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I do not get the mentality of A-_-

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SeraphChaos

SeraphChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

So I've been leveling up my homunculus mostly by afking and feeding it when necessary. Too many times have I seen another player walk up to the spot where I am situated at and fight over mobs with me while we're both afk-ing.

Firstly I will not say something like "I was at the spot first, therefore I am the only one allowed to level at this spot." Since this is a MMO I expect other players to be at the same map at me at any given time. What I don't get is why any player will camp in the same exact location as another player and fight over mobs while they can just easily walk a few blocks and find their own camp. Not only by doing so will they contribute to spawning mobs faster but will also remove the need of both of our homuculi running around like headless chickens trying to tag the first mob they see so the other one will not hit it.

Perhaps I am merely ranting but I've seen so many instances of this happening to the point where I question the other player's motives.

#2 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

If only the ones I encountered were that nice. Most of the people who do that to me are using a KS AI (I keep mine non-KS except in rare circumstances). A good number of them are autofeeding with illegal third party programs too (well, it's not surprising that those who don't respect the rules of etiquette also don't respect the game's rules). And just now someone did this:

Spoiler

I suppose that means the person would not mind if I surrounded her with lava slides as long as I kept 3 cells away (I counted). I actually saw that once:

screenChaos322.jpg

Maybe I'll do that next time. :p_sad:

#3 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

an ^_^ to KS my non a _____ you are

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Another one:
Spoiler

an ^_^ to KS my non a _____ you are

It was "NON AOE AMISTR?"

#5 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

I approve! Sometimes people in od2 just dont understand that every spot needs to be cleared before spawn rate gets good :/

#6 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

This brings back memories....not good ones, mind you.

Once in OD2 female Gen set her Dieter to Lava Slide on top of my Sera and me, effectively KS'ing the mobs. I was about to throw a tantrum.. ><'

Luckily my Homun is 150 Loyal now, so I don't need to go down to OD2 other than to Greed stuff.

(The worst ones are the ones who let their Dieters fart their Lava Slides EVERYWHERE but on their own feet)

#7 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:44 PM

Those I believe are bots. There's the guy in od2 beside me always casting Lava Slide everywhere. And casting Cart Boost exactly on time as it expires

#8 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

Those I believe are bots. There's the guy in od2 beside me always casting Lava Slide everywhere. And casting Cart Boost exactly on time as it expires

If it's the one I think it is (Y*******), I already sent a ticket a few weeks ago and got the typical canned response, and it's still there. Actually, I reported four bots including that one, and as far as I know no action was taken against any of them, even though I included a really easy to understand statement about how to tell they're bots. That didn't exactly give me much confidence in the ticket system.

Usually, though, they're not bots; they're people who set AzzyAI to use lava slide on attack, not realizing that this setting reduces exp for everyone--including themselves.

#9 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

Lol yeah it's him! When I was leveling before this, there were gene's actually taking their Homuns for casual walks. 

Some also use hiding, and are in hiding forever! How is that even possible legit.

#10 Valadez

Valadez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

Lol yeah it's him! When I was leveling before this, there were gene's actually taking their Homuns for casual walks. 

Some also use hiding, and are in hiding forever! How is that even possible legit.

+9 Easter Egg Shell with level 1 Cloak from a Frilldora carded garment. If you have a high enough max sp the sp regen from the Easter Egg Shell will be enough to offset the sp loss from Cloaking allowing you to Cloak forever.

#11 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

+9 Easter Egg Shell with level 1 Cloak from a Frilldora carded garment. If you have a high enough max sp the sp regen from the Easter Egg Shell will be enough to offset the sp loss from Cloaking allowing you to Cloak forever.

Valadez is right. I used this strategy to level my Sera when I was squishier and she hadn't learnt Poison Mist.

Only downside is that other people might get on your spot with their Homuns, since you are invisible.  :p_sick:

#12 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

This brings back memories....not good ones, mind you.

Once in OD2 female Gen set her Dieter to Lava Slide on top of my Sera and me, effectively KS'ing the mobs. I was about to throw a tantrum.. ><'

Luckily my Homun is 150 Loyal now, so I don't need to go down to OD2 other than to Greed stuff.

(The worst ones are the ones who let their Dieters fart their Lava Slides EVERYWHERE but on their own feet)

i ever argue with someone who fart lava slide everywhere she say that i am jealous to here that she make more exp then me. that time i want to throw my axe to her face

Edited by LiteAdi, 14 June 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#13 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Well a****** will always be a******* and bots will be bots.  

Funnily enough, someone with a dieter was using lava slide on top of my sera's poison mist and it was still good exp, maybe the homuncs were in party and doing party share. It was probably a bot tho cause I saw it spawn after me and just stood there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users