Renewal WoE Revitalization Project V2 Update 5-16 - Page 5 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE Revitalization Project V2 Update 5-16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#101 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

I just ask one question. DO the gm's even play ro to even see what the problem is. I bet if they played the game literally and over see how it is played and worked, they might get a inkling on what needs to be fixed. You cant fix what you don't know whats broken. So play the game.

MESAGE TO THE GM'S TU TU RU

#102 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

So you guys dont want to ever increase on members? ok

Let's do some math here:

LR 50 people
Animosity 30 people need + 20 people match LR
LYC 25 people need + 25 more people match LR
Senergia 30 people need +20 more people to match LR
CS 15 people need + 35 people match LR

That means in total there would need to have 100 new players to join woe in order to fight with fair numbers does that sound realistic?

Guild cap 30 would be the most realistic thing to do right now as our server population and # of castles don't allow for big guilds on server.

Edited by miliardo, 17 May 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#103 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

thats not the point, the point is, you are assuming that your guild,or any other guild will never grow? ok

#104 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

Forcing guilds to merge is the same thing as forcing to work together. We are going to be in the same situation except your way means we only have 3 guilds on server fighting. This is not to target your guild this is targeted to help create more guilds[ rather then bigger superpowers.

How is limiting guild cap going to create more guilds? People aren't gonna go "wow I can only have 30 people instead of 56 now! I better make my guild woe now!" I'm honestly wondering how you think this would happen...

#105 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

What happened to quality over quantity? I could have sworn LYC always prided themselves on being a small group of organized players.

If you drop your ice cream on the ground, everyone else shouldn't have to do the same.

Edited by Myzery, 17 May 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#106 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

In the last Current State of WOE thread, LR's rival had the numbers to expand to 2 guilds, they were the one that didn't want the guild cap. The stance changed now. :u Whatever that favors the guild's current state of population I guess.

I have no opinion about the guild cap except I don't want it to affect PVM guilds as well as WOE TE guilds.

#107 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

I just ask one question. DO the gm's even play ro to even see what the problem is. I bet if they played the game literally and over see how it is played and worked, they might get a inkling on what needs to be fixed. You cant fix what you don't know whats broken. So play the game.

MESAGE TO THE GM'S TU TU RU

But they can listen to people here because what people here are saying is 100% true ... no bull-_- involved. We all want to save WoE ... ( really ^_^ )

Tu tu ru ~ <3

#108 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

In the last Current State of WOE thread, LR's rival had the numbers to expand to 2 guilds, they were the one that didn't want the guild cap. The stance changed now. :u Whatever that favors the guild's current state of population I guess.

I have no opinion about the guild cap except I don't want it to affect PVM guilds as well as WOE TE guilds.

Current state has changed we have few guilds then ever. Weather alliance change happens or not our side will find way to win. Unlike your side who chooses to get gms involved rather then playing nice with others. Our goals are not going to change all we are going to be doing in welcoming sandwich wars. Hope you all enjoy.

There is a lot of positive feedback as to why changes are good not too many as to why they should stay same time to let gms decide

Edited by miliardo, 17 May 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#109 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

But they can listen to people here because what people here are saying is 100% true ... no bull-_- involved. We all want to save WoE ... ( really ^_^ )

Tu tu ru ~ <3

:p_idea: :p_devil:

#110 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Current state has changed we have few guilds then ever weather change happens or not our side will find way to win. Unlike your side who chooses to get gms involved rather then playing nice with others. Our goals are not going to change all we are going to be doing in welcoming sandwich wars. Hope you all enjoy.

There's lesser guilds as time goes because big alliance guilds keep forcing other smaller guilds to ally up and do massive alliance fights. LR is just one guild, and no other guild was able to compete with them on a 1v1? Why is that?

A lot of small guilds keep merging in the process or die out. This isn't something GMs can control imo, it's up to the players themselves to decide what is fun and play by it.

My stance is neutral about the guild cap. Because either way there's pros and cons. Ultimately I still don't wish to see it affect WOE TE. My guild in WOE TE is a lot smaller, even that I don't care if we get outnumbered and I don't think it's fair for the GM to limit our opponent's numbers down either. So I am not into asking the GM to adjust it. It'd be up to others to do it.

Personally I think the GMs just need to fix skill balance first before anything else. SD Mechs kills a cloaking GM in RWC even and if that's not broken I don't know what is. xD

Edited by WarlockFier, 17 May 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#111 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Forcing guilds to merge is the same thing as forcing to work together. We are going to be in the same situation except your way means we only have 3 guilds on server fighting. This is not to target your guild this is targeted to help create more guilds rather then bigger superpowers.

Creating more guilds by destroying existing guilds is by no means acceptable. True, concern has to be shown to newer guilds. Doesn't mean you punish guilds which have actually taken the time and effort to grow into their maximum potential. 

And one more point, why are we equalizing everything here? The goal is NOT to have every person/guild/alliance to be equal, the goal is to give everyone the opportunity to do so. If everything is equal then there is no idea of progression. This is also the point against the "no gears" WoE. The fact that a guild exists that has 50+ people in the current state of the game is more than enough proof that it is possible. This should encourage more guilds to do the same, especially more so when the WoE scenario will (presumably) get better.

Edited by WolfTri, 17 May 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#112 Lkaka

Lkaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:29 AM

This is ragnarok not wow or lol. Changing meta will not help woe population increasing at all. The only effect is losing the current people. The best way is " reward" to changing situation.

#113 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

Smells a lot like "I'm losing something, so they should lose something too" kind of arguments. 

Smells a lot like "I'm losing everything, so they should lose something, and we can win again" kind of arguments.

By the way lets be honest here.

----Breaking alliance will revitalize woe, but how?

Here is the idea behind all this nonsense:

Just because Animosty LYC and Sinergia works together against us (Loki's Realm), we are losing. If we GVG any of them, we will surely win, because they are trash without alliance.

So break the alliance, we can start winning again, hence WoE revitalization.

Pathetic reasoning. 

Remember the WoE 2 a week before? LR not even breaking the 1st stone.

Clearly this is guild incompetence instead of the alliance thing to blame.

I'm sorry this sounds harsh to many of you but we have faced this situation not long ago.

I still remember when we came back to WoE it was like 6 people. We fight almost any battle ending up losing.

Gradually we become a family of 20 and we keep improving our WoE strategy and skills.

But at that time even we ally up with big guilds and we still can not take down LR. Hence why the revitalization thread has brought up from Mrs. Kali.

Because WoE was too easy for you guys,

But we did not give up, we keep on improving, and now the table has flipped.

See what happens now, Smokies ragequits, LR complains in threads like this.

We don't care about disabling alliance at all, because it's ultimately an useless proposal to revitalize WoE, in LR's sense or in the server's sense.

Proposing guild cap limit is solely for the betterment of the server, but if you think it's not, that's your problem.

To GM:

Instead of listening to the same group of people again and again, and looking at your server wondering why the WoE is dead, see otherwise.

#114 Hellatorius

Hellatorius

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Let's do some math here:

LR 50 people
Animosity 30 people need + 20 people match LR
LYC 25 people need + 25 more people match LR
Senergia 30 people need +20 more people to match LR
CS 15 people need + 35 people match LR

That means in total there would need to have 100 new players to join woe in order to fight with fair numbers does that sound realistic?

Guild cap 30 would be the most realistic thing to do right now as our server population and # of castles don't allow for big guilds on server.

what make you so sure IF cap 30 guild implemented, more new player/guild will woe ?

what make you so sure that the new player/guild will woeing, stay woeing, just because the cap 30 guild will BALANCE woe scene ?

#115 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Creating more guilds by destroying existing guilds is by no means acceptable. True, concern has to be shown to newer guilds. Doesn't mean you punish guilds which have actually taken the time and effort to grow into their maximum potential.
And one more point, why are we equalizing everything here? The goal is NOT to have every person/guild/alliance to be equal, the goal is to give everyone the opportunity to do so. If everything is equal then there is no idea of progression. This is also the point against the "no gears" WoE. The fact that a guild exists that has 50+ people in the current state of the game is more than enough proof that it is possible. This should encourage more guilds to do the same, especially more so when the WoE scenario will (presumably) get better.

So you want to encourage guilds to grow while we tried to encourage you to work together the way our side did. You failure to work together is why we have a problem in the first place or is our failure to not encourage individual guild progression. We never picked on small guilds like you say we did if anything we tried to fight even fights with guilds besides LR. We never cared for trying to do fair fights against LR nore to we now. Against guilds like smokies and CS we tried setting up gvg with them. The gvg never really were able to happen because of other guilds showing up. Reality there is no such thing as fair fights in woe although I would like to think we could get there. If forcing your guild to make two going to help server why are you so against it? The whole thing here is to help stabilize woe. The instability in woe right now is LR can't get a fair fight because we come at them with 2 guilds always. Our side has 2 econs right now in woe 1/2 the reason for this from what LR says is abuse of alt mechs stasis and Suras. So in all reality it seems like you guys would rather start by disabling our side from work together so you can win at least that's how it sounds to me. But hey what do I know

#116 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

which is beneficial to any other guilds in the server, btw big guilds can always work together anyway.

And I thought the thread is about revitalizing woe, not about empowering big guilds to destroy small guilds (i.e. breaking alliance) easier.

Go look up the word "growth" in a dictionary. To say merely limit, would mean limiting LR. Limiting growth means that every single guild will be restricted from growing further beyond a point.

Once you've done that, go look up the meaning of the word "guild". The very core of it is "people". By limiting that, you take away from its meaning itself. The whole point of making WoE better is to have more people turn up to WoE, which in turn means more people in guilds. Your "solution" is in itself antithetical to the goal.  

One more thing, because some idiots seem to confuse individuals with guilds, I speak for myself. Not for my guild, not on its behalf, not its interests. 

Edited by WolfTri, 17 May 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#117 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

what make you so sure IF cap 30 guild implemented, more new player/guild will woe ?
what make you so sure that the new player/guild will woeing, stay woeing, just because the cap 30 guild will BALANCE woe scene ?

Nobody is sure any of this will change and fix woe but doing such drastic changes without any good reasoning may kill it faster.

#118 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

Nobody is sure any of this will change and fix woe but doing such drastic changes without any good reasoning may kill it faster.

And your solution is to propose even more drastic changes. Wonderful.

#119 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

Go look up the word "growth" in a dictionary. To say merely limit, would mean limiting LR. Limiting growth means that every single guild will be restricted from growing further beyond a point.
Once you've done that, go look up the meaning of the word "guild". The very core of it is "people". By limiting that, you take away from its meaning itself. The whole point of making WoE better is to have more people turn up to WoE, which in turn means more people in guilds. Your "solution" is in itself antithetical to the goal.

One more thing, because some idiots seem to confuse individuals with guilds, I speak for myself. Not for my guild, not on its behalf, not its interests.

You guys sure do like quoting the dictionary. Limits are put in place everywhere you go even in this game. What we are doing is limiting stuff in this thread we are limiting alliances we are limiting damage we are limiting everything. Don't get so cought up on one word.

#120 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

And your solution is to propose even more drastic changes. Wonderful.

Like I said without good reasoning we have good reasoning behind what we said you just don't like the proposal because it effects you.

#121 Hellatorius

Hellatorius

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

Like I said without good reasoning we have good reasoning behind what we said you just don't like the proposal because it effects you.

and yet you hate current guild cap because it effects you

#122 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

and yet you hate current guild cap because it effects you

No it effects the server the server is only part LR but we don't even take in account animosity senergia or LYC point because they wining logic is stupid. It's alway been like this though and we still winning must say something.

Edited by miliardo, 17 May 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#123 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

@Campitor Increase dragon breath cooldown to 250ms so you will be able to use 4db per second at most and you will get rid of those nodelayers. Put a cooldown on masquerades of 0.2/0.25seconds to defeat cheaters the same way :)

I dont think currently, RK can ever use 4db per second(barely 3 per second) even with 0 cast delay, 193 aspd, and <= 30ms internet lag. Also no help at all to use mouse macro to auto cast the skill(actually, it will make the cast amount per second lower).

On the other hand, After reading every post here, I think you guys are thinking too much. We should focus on how to get more pvm players to join the WOE, not discussing how balanced numbers of current WOE players should go against each other. For current state of WOE, the reasons why pvm players do not want to join WOE are below:

1. No pvm benefit. WOE has almost no short-term benefit for all guild members except excitement of GVG or PVP(please ignore the castle drops. Those are only good for guild master. And it is a long-term benefit, like Gods) . WOE should have something like short-term reward that benefits pvm in order to attract pvm players. Like pvm pots, gears, etc. Shards that camp mentioned in the change should have an option to exchange them into pvm items.

2. Character level. Few old regional ro servers were closed since last year(cro and I dont remember which one). There are so many new players joining iRo. I personally met many of them. They are really new players who dont really have time leveling the character in order to have high enough level with proper gears to join the WOE. So, please make a level event or a 160 level event like before.

3. No WOE guild advertisement. Most new players like to join a pvm guild because they think pvm guild has more benefit on getting benefit from pvm, but they dont know many WOE guild has daily or weekly event on ET, TI, or instance. I personally think the guild who has 1 or more castles should have a chance to post an advertisement as world msg. cooldown TBD by GM.

4. WOE time might be too long. WOE time is actually too long for most pvm players. Most big guilds require guild members to attend full WOE(I am not sure, but I believe it is true). I heard about this from my guild member, and I also agree with them. 2 hours is a long period for a daily working person or even a student. They will quit doing the WOE after 1 month or less time. My guild usually do 30-45 mins WOE, so my guild members feel like to come every WOE.

5. Big guilds are highly organized and strong. Most pvm players dont have WOE gears to go against a guild with full WOE gears players. I am not sure how to change this though :p_sad: . Maybe castle guardian or wall become stronger based on the number of enemy players in the castle.

This is just my opinion, no offenses on anything :rice:

#124 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

I dont think currently, RK can ever use 4db per second(barely 3 per second) even with 0 cast delay, 193 aspd, and <= 30ms internet lag. Also no help at all to use mouse macro to auto cast the skill(actually, it will make the cast amount per second lower).

On the other hand, After reading every post here, I think you guys are thinking too much. We should focus on how to get more pvm players to join the WOE, not discussing how balanced numbers of current WOE players should go against each other. For current state of WOE, the reasons why pvm players do not want to join WOE are below:

1. No pvm benefit. WOE has almost no short-term benefit for all guild members except excitement of GVG or PVP(please ignore the castle drops. Those are only good for guild master. And it is a long-term benefit, like Gods) . WOE should have something like short-term reward that benefits pvm in order to attract pvm players. Like pvm pots, gears, etc. Shards that camp mentioned in the change should have an option to exchange them into pvm items.

2. Character level. Few old regional ro servers were closed since last year(cro and I dont remember which one). There are so many new players joining iRo. I personally met many of them. They are really new players who dont really have time leveling the character in order to have high enough level with proper gears to join the WOE. So, please make a level event or a 160 level event like before.

3. No WOE guild advertisement. Most new players like to join a pvm guild because they think pvm guild has more benefit on getting benefit from pvm, but they dont know many WOE guild has daily or weekly event on ET, TI, or instance. I personally think the guild who has 1 or more castles should have a chance to post an advertisement as world msg. cooldown TBD by GM.

4. WOE time might be too long. WOE time is actually too long for most pvm players. Most big guilds require guild members to attend full WOE(I am not sure, but I believe it is true). I heard about this from my guild member, and I also agree with them. 2 hours is a long period for a daily working person or even a student. They will quit doing the WOE after 1 month or less time. My guild usually do 30-45 mins WOE, so my guild members feel like to come every WOE.

5. Big guilds are highly organized and strong. Most pvm players dont have WOE gears to go against a guild with full WOE gears players. I am not sure how to change this though :p_sad: . Maybe castle guardian or wall become stronger based on the number of enemy players in the castle.

Thank you, reading your post was a like breathing fresh air after so many unbrained ppl here

#125 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Listen to this guy, he is from the new guild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users