Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

patchnotebanner.png
Patch Notes May 11, 2016
Please note: Details are subject to change at any time.
Weekly Maintenance Time: 6pm-10pm PDT (~4 hours)

Changes.png

Jawaii's Monsters and Minions are getting a drop rate increase!

Monsters and minions within Jawaii Ocean Island and the Wonderland raid dungeon will be receiving a drop rate increase.

Some drop rates will be doubled, and some even more so!

Doing a higher level difficulty within the Wonderland raid dungeon will give you a better drop rate for items.

Get a group together and slay Serenia!

o1hmocX.png

We're having a sale on Costume Fusion items!

Sale Period: May 11 - May 18, 2016

Accessory Fusion Tablet

SALE Price: 100 Kafra Points

Use an Accessory Fusion Tablet to fuse two accessories together for a new accessory and possibly more runeholes!

Costume Fusion Tablet

SALE Price: 100 Kafra Points

Use a Costume Fusion Tablet to fuse two costumes together for a new costume and possibly more runeholes!

Appearance Maintain Slate

SALE Price: 150 Kafra Points

Use an Appearance Maintain Slate during Costume or Accessory Fusion to keep the appearance of one of the costumesor accessories!

Rune Maintain Slate

SALE Price: 150 Kafra Points

Use a Rune Maintain Slate during Costume or Accessory Fusion to keep the runes slotted into runeholes of one of the costumes or accessories!

VIP Packs are on sale!

Sale Period: May 11 - May 18, 2016

Platinum Membership Pack

SALE Price: 1400 Kafra Points

The Platinum Membership Pack contains the following:

- (1) Elite Membership Card (30 Days)

- (1) Card Album

- (1) Mount Period Extension (30 Days)

- (10) Special Honing Oil (10%)

- (5) Complete Honing Scrub

- (5) Holgren's Honing Polish Box

- (1) Refine Transfer Ticket

- (1) Adventure's Pack

- (10) Explorer Pack

- (3) Thief Potion

Gold Membership Pack

SALE Price: 630 Kafra Points

The Gold Membership Pack contains the following:

- (1) Elite Membership Card (30 Days)

- (1) Card Album

- (10) Pump It Up Pill

kafrashop.png

May's Munil Costume and Accessory Boxes are here!

o9oAdOo.png

RSB4Wlg.png

events.png

expbonus.jpg

We're celebrating our third anniversary by giving 500% Experience throughout May!

As you have probably all heard we are celebrating the 3rd Year Anniversary of Ragnarok Online 2 and we are hard at work trying to make sure the next year is better than ever.  

In the spirit of the things to come we are having a month long EXP Event.  That's right, some of you may have already noticed the massive boost to EXP, but just in case you missed it. 

May Scavenger Hunt

Event Period: May 1 - May 28, 2016

Each week, a theme will be revealed. You will need to search for things in the game that follow this theme, take a screenshot of it, and submit a forum PM to Vmod Salsa. At the end of the week, the screenshots will be collected and judged against each other. The more unqiue the item, the more points you get! Once judging is done, all screenshots will be posted along with their scores!

Rewards
"This sounds like a lot of work! What's in it for me?"

Rewards will be decided by a scale system based on uniqueness of object found. A perfect score would be a 5. For each extra person who also submits that item, each person receives 1 less point:
  • 1 person: 5 points each
  • 2 people: 4 points each
  • 3 people: 3 points each
  • 4 people: 2 points each
  • 5 people: 1 points each
  • 6+ people: 0 points each
Points can be redeemed for prizes in a way similar to Trivia. Please see the chart below:

ZYbrcbD.png

Check out the event topic for more details!

Rune-Midgarts Tourism Guidebook

Event Period: May 6 - May 31, 2016

Do you have a location in Ragnarok 2 that you absolutely love? Or maybe you have a type of location that you love, which are in different actual locations. Either way, the Prontera Travel Agency is looking for volunteers to write guides for their new Tourism Guidebook. They will, of course, reward those who provide usable guides. But more about that later.

What we need is a guide for a specific location that you really enjoy visiting. We need you to show us (with screenshots) and tell us (in writing) why you love it so much. If you have several locations you like that follow a theme (forests, rivers, towns, so on), you can write a guide like that instead.

The Prontera Travel Agency has prepared some examples for you to view, so you can see what we're looking for.

Mt Mjolnir Academy Guide

Skies of Rune-Midgarts

Rewards

• There will be 4 Grand Prize winners. From each category, there will be one (1) each: "Best Guide" and "Staff Favorite". We will pick "Best Guide" based on presentation of screenshots and writing. "Staff Favorite" will be the guide we like best out of the remaining entries.
  • Grand Prize winners will get a Permanent Mount of your choice
  • All quality entries will receive Cheny's Sunshine Box

Professor.jpg

Gretel's Handy Dandy Monster Manual

Professor Gretel needs your help! 

Recently, while going through her library she noticed some bugs have eaten away at her precious books.  All that knowledge has been lost! She must recreate a new comprehensive library of all the wonderful creatures of Midgard, but this time around she is feeling particularly inspired.  She wants to create the best comprehensive compendium of knowledge Midgard has ever seen!

And she needs your help to do it!

Starting today all Midgardians are urged to give a helping hand in creating this wonderful book.  Don't worry it isn't all on charity. 

Gretel has collections of completed DNA and Random DNA Boxes that she will be happy to give away for your contributions. 

For every monster she will need:

Name: 

Level:

EXP

HP:

MP:

Aggressive:

Map Location: 

Map:

Drops: 

Quests: 

Other:

And a close up image of reported creature!

Example of how this information may be used: 

Flipcard.jpg

Also do not feel limited to what is here.  If there is more information you believe would assist future adventurer's feel free to add it in the "other" section.  This could include dangerous attacks, commentary the monster says, etc.

Rewards

1st Entry: Complete DNA of Choice

Following Entries: Random DNA Box

#2 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

RO2 Server Status Page

Server status indicator (refresh required):

status.png

#3 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

AT LAST DROP RATE  :ok:

1438902909378_zpsurtfrunk.gif

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 11 May 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#4 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

The double of 0.01% is still very low. Will have to wait and see.

#5 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

The double of 0.01% is still very low. Will have to wait and see.

While we don't share drop rates, no rate will be below 1%.

#6 Dream00

Dream00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

Finally we've got some news about Wonderland's drop rate!

Will you create a official database? It would be amazing!  :p_love:

#7 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

Finally we've got some news about Wonderland's drop rate!

Will you create a official database? It would be amazing!  :p_love:

We are actually currently discussing that idea!

#8 nanachin

nanachin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Changes.png

Monsters and minions within Jawaii Ocean Island and the Wonderland raid dungeon will be receiving a drop rate increase.

Doing a higher level difficulty within the Wonderland raid dungeon will give you a better drop rate for items.

!!!!!

The-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower.gif

#9 zhuzhu8376

zhuzhu8376

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Dear Njoror

Why dun open the Wonderland During the weekends lets us test it out ?

Since you guys already increase the drop rates you dun mind add some toppings to it right?

#10 IsaacGS

IsaacGS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

May Scavenger Hunt

Event Period: May 1 - May 28, 2016

Each week, a theme will be revealed. You will need to search for things in the game that follow this theme, take a screenshot of it, and submit a forum PM to Vmod Salsa. At the end of the week, the screenshots will be collected and judged against each other. The more unqiue the item, the more points you get! Once judging is done, all screenshots will be posted along with their scores!

Rewards
"This sounds like a lot of work! What's in it for me?"

Rewards will be decided by a scale system based on uniqueness of object found. A perfect score would be a 5. For each extra person who also submits that item, each person receives 1 less point:
  • 1 person: 5 points each
  • 2 people: 4 points each
  • 3 people: 3 points each
  • 4 people: 2 points each
  • 5 people: 1 points each
  • 6+ people: 0 points each
Points can be redeemed for prizes in a way similar to Trivia. Please see the chart below:

ZYbrcbD.png

Sorry, but... (what) is this event, guys. The worst event on the life. We wanna play, win tittles, win points and take the gifts in the game. But... a photo and... 5 points?... Lately only events where you have to master English or have a stake in the forum, instead of participating in the game. You can only get 20 points maximum throughout the month of the event? It is assumed that in the anniversary event is where you can get some good title, have a good time doing interesting request for good objects. Is this supposed to be the event?

Hawaii more drop (no event, change)
x5 exp (Experience is an apology for mismanagement in the form of level up. No event).

May Scavenger Hunt: Bad Awards, Do I need to play for this event? No. 

Tourism: Good Awards, but for 4 players... Why... Where is the effort and reward? Why events for players solo english? Do I need to play for this event? No. Boring event.

Monster Manual: Boring event. Do i need to play for this event? Emmm... Yes, fiuuu... 1 award... :s 

Sorry, sorry sorry, but... but I'm totally disappointed in this event. I expected an event worthy of the first anniversary of the game, not an event who participates more in the forum instead of the game.

(edited: CM Varitas for language)

#11 Dream00

Dream00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:48 PM

I've played RO1 for 10 years along and I miss a decent database here in RO2. It will help a lot of players.

Another thing that could be nice to do is increase drop rate of Low Level gears. I remember that when I began to play here, I've spend a long time trying to drop gears from poring and it didnt happen. If we could drop gears easily, it could make people enjoy to play RO2 at the begin. I personally love grind-based game and its just happen here after ML1.

Sorry if this isnt the right topic ^^  :rice:

#12 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Spoiler

Edited by freakygin, 11 May 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#13 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

Sorry, but... what is this event, guys. The worst event on the life. We wanna play, win tittles, win points and take the gifts in the game. But... a photo and... 5 points?... Lately only events where you have to master English or have a stake in the forum, instead of participating in the game. You can only get 20 points maximum throughout the month of the event? It is assumed that in the anniversary event is where you can get some good title, have a good time doing interesting request for good objects. Is this supposed to be the event?

Hawaii more drop (no event, change)
x5 exp (Experience is an apology for mismanagement in the form of level up. No event).

May Scavenger Hunt: Bad Awards, Do I need to play for this event? No. 

Tourism: Good Awards, but for 4 players... Why... Where is the effort and reward? Why events for players solo english? Do I need to play for this event? No. Boring event.

Monster Manual: Boring event. Do i need to play for this event? Emmm... Yes, fiuuu... 1 award... :s 

Sorry, sorry sorry, but... but I'm totally disappointed in this event. I expected an event worthy of the first anniversary of the game, not an event who participates more in the forum instead of the game.

Clearly, others feel like I do, we should be playing in THE GAME, not on the forum.  I feel like I have to peck and hunt to see what event is running.  There should be quests and events for the 3rd year anniversary.  I thought last year was so-so but this year outdo last year-Suckiest anniversary event ever!

#14 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

wow, finally, it begins. keep up the good work, WP.
i'm still gonna wait for next good news.

#15 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

Cards and AW are dropping alright. I just hope WP don't ninja change the rates to lower levels.

#16 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

I am pleased with the Jawaii droprate news... & Personally, I enjoy these forum events.....

However,  there really should be an in-game event for RO2's anniversary, imho.

(I expect there isn't one because new devs need time to learn how to add new content.

We need to be patient and understanding with the process of taking over development.)

Also, it has been faaaaaar too long since a second title event. Sooo many players

that have joined the game after the last second title event, still with only one title.

Please consider at least re-activating old events so that new players and new characters

have a chance to get what others already have. We don't need a completely new event,

since, for the majority of regular players, even old events will seem new or will atleast be

useful for newer alts. I suggest Reactivating Summer Sculptor/Collector/TOMATINA quest.

It IS just about 'Summer' after all... HAVE A GREAT SUMMER! :p_idea: Cheers!

Edited by Maxscha, 12 May 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

Maybe there's only forum events because there's more RO2 players on the forums than in-game.

#18 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

Maybe there's only forum events because there's more RO2 players on the forums than in-game.

Nope.

Typically, only a fraction of players actually make it to a game's forum or participate.

#19 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

I think something messed up a bit here: the cards have reasonable drop rates on ocean island, and the boss cards in wonderland are dropping a good amount too. But the blue rarity cards inside wonderland are still insanely rare, it feels like nothing has changed. Might be a small oversight here that needs a quick fix on the next patch.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 13 May 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#20 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Happy with the drop card in Jawaii and Wonderland, can you do the same with cards in others maps like, Dayr and Osiris and tune DNA drop?, is too low, i want to collect some with my mlvl40  :no1:

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 13 May 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#21 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

Also very happy with the Card Drop Rate (altho, I haven't had a chance to go hunting, as RL is just too crazy right now).

I have heard from my pals, and like what I hear. It seems Cards will be attainable for equipping; not merely for touching!

I'm super excited to be able to get the Cards I'd like to equip for my Main!!! And there's even a chance for my Alts Too!!!

Thank You for making Drops benefit the Regular Players, and for making the Drop Rate Buffs seem worth buying again!

Imho, reducing rarity to reasonable levels will reduce Inflation and RMT trading. IF we can get it our selves, why buy it?

Personally, I'd much rather PLAY THE GAME to EARN what I want to USE, than to pay someone else to do it for me...

If the Drop Rates stay amenable, I'll become a regular VIP buyer again; hope it's still amenable when I return in the Fall.

Cheers All & Happy Hunting! :archer:

Edited by Maxscha, 13 May 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#22 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

Still hoping for more forgiving drop rate penalty (For me, I just want to collect DNA to get 99 pets)

I understand, perhaps the drop rate penalty was the thing to counter bots farming Mermaid / Imp's DNA 24/7.

Can't we just counting on the glorious Air Strike to get rid of them?

It's really time consuming just trying to get a piece of low level monster's DNA.

With current RNG, it's even more frustrating trying to get complete (A T G C) DNA fragments.

My forever ML1 Alt can go only as far as Sograt - Bless - Dayr without severe drop rate penalty.

Sograt : Cocatrice, Wormtail, Toad, Grooming Thief, Sand Spider, Fennec, Desert Wolf, Tarou, Boa, Dark Assassin

Bless   : Desert Fugu, Skeleton, Goblin, Desert Goblin, Desert Mole, Hazel, Scratch Thief, Zealot, Pagan, Golden Creamy,

Wanderer Eater, Chonhon, Scorpion, Executer Attacker

Dayr    : Gorem, Red Fang Leader, Red Fang Group Therapist, Sand Mane Leader, Sand Mane Archer, Muca, Sandroll

That's just 31 pets. The other 68 will be a painful process.

(I excluded Dungeon monsters except executer attacker)

Edited by freakygin, 13 May 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#23 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

Uparus Magician Card

Uparus Priest Card

Uparus Gladiator Card

Giant Forest Cucuri Card

Giant Forest Mucuri Card

Giant Forest Ducuri Card

Giant Forest's Red Poisonous Bug Card

Giant Forest's White Poisonous Bug Card

Shy Lady Tani Card

Rare Mutant Spore Card

Hidden Beach's Helistar Card

Mutant Swamp Spore Card

Mutant Sticky Spore Card

Mutant Damp Spore Card

Ttoki's Follower I Card

Ttoki's Follower II Card

These cards don't appear to have their droprate changed and are still nigh-impossible to get. Check auction house to confirm it: boss cards have dropped to like 700k while the very few blue cards are in the millions. Please fix!

#24 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

Still hoping for more forgiving drop rate penalty (For me, I just want to collect DNA to get 99 pets)

I understand, perhaps the drop rate penalty was the thing to counter bots farming Mermaid / Imp's DNA 24/7.

Can't we just counting on the glorious Air Strike to get rid of them?

It's really time consuming just trying to get a piece of low level monster's DNA.

With current RNG, it's even more frustrating trying to get complete (A T G C) DNA fragments.

My forever ML1 Alt can go only as far as Sograt - Bless - Dayr without severe drop rate penalty.

Sograt : Cocatrice, Wormtail, Toad, Grooming Thief, Sand Spider, Fennec, Desert Wolf, Tarou, Boa, Dark Assassin

Bless   : Desert Fugu, Skeleton, Goblin, Desert Goblin, Desert Mole, Hazel, Scratch Thief, Zealot, Pagan, Golden Creamy,

Wanderer Eater, Chonhon, Scorpion, Executer Attacker

Dayr    : Gorem, Red Fang Leader, Red Fang Group Therapist, Sand Mane Leader, Sand Mane Archer, Muca, Sandroll

That's just 31 pets. The other 68 will be a painful process.

(I excluded Dungeon monsters except executer attacker)

I disagree with you on this point. The DNA hunt can be time consuming but it has always been the same ever since it was released. When it was a novelty there was a lot of people on the fields farming DNA for their pet collection, and I feel it should be that way: if you want something, you should make an effort to get it like every one else did. The DNA drop rate for Lv1-50 mobs are reasonable, excluding some bosses DNA. I'm myself refarming the pet collection with my new main and I'm actually enjoying reliving the challenge.

It seems players always want to have things fast as time goes by and the content gets old, I wonder why.

#25 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

To FreakyGin~

Spoiler

ON a related note; I didn't see any DNA drop in WL during 6 runs. Given that WL has a significant

lockout (at 2 runs per day, and only IF open in the first place). This makes me feel like WL pets may

be too hard to obtain by the usual route (especially if the player doesn't have alts that can run WL).

My character is in level range of the WL dungeon now; after I level up and the droprate penalty hits

(after Nifelheim), I imagine the droprate for DNA there will be utterly abysmal. Gotta catch 'em ALL!

On my Main: 190 pets, and counting... :p_hi:

Edited by Maxscha, 14 May 2016 - 11:44 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users