Ragnarok in Virtual reality (VR) - Nostalgia! (tears - Ragnarok Online - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok in Virtual reality (VR) - Nostalgia! (tears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 DavidTai

DavidTai

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

Hi friends!!! I'm a RO-lover from Taiwan. Today I want to show that seeing the Ragnarok world with first person view and walk around is not a dream!!!

Here is my demo video:

First apology for commenting in chinese in the video. But I did put an English subtitle! =)

This is a small project that I made after my lab works and study (currently only 1 memeber => me haha), Which current allow user to enter RO's maps and walk around using HTC Vive. I also implement the teleporting funtion that was provided by TheStoneFox on Reddit (Thnaks!), and currently having 4 map models (2 unpolish). And lastly, a small minimap on the left controller.

Walking in the Ragnarok world for the first time really makes me cry and feel so much of nostalgia!

I'm currently contacting with gravity for copyright and making this project possible to be future develope with everyone's help!!!
If you are interested please subscribe my youtube or add my facebook for new update and even joining the team. =D

If you like it please share and like the video! subscribe for later update!! Thanks  :p_laugh:

David Tai
Facebook/Email: didavid61202@hotmail.com

Edited by DavidTai, 12 May 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#2 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

So it is you who made this spectacular thing. One of our Community Managers posted that video of yours and the reaction from iRO community is overwhelming. I really wish you the best and I hope you be able to develop this even more. Best of luck and keep us updated with your future works regarding this! :)

#3 napierliang

napierliang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTaiwan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:54 PM

I also have seen your video on  the Bahamute forum. This video is awesome!!!I also want to walk on the street of Prontera(envy you~~ So come on! make our dream come true!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users