Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hello!

My GX was my very first ragnarok character... from I dunno, like 8 years ago haha. I have since moved on to other classes, but I play her now and then. Im only 118 but plan on focusing on leveling her up and actually using her. (I do NOT do PVP, only PVM)

My goal is maximum damage, and maximum speed! I want people to look at me and be like wow, she is way BAMF :)

Currently im very low on zeny (my ranger and warlock robbed me, but they are bamf XD). I have probably 150M in zeny, but items I can sell or trade. Probably 500M total I could play with.

My current stats:

STR - 70

AGI - 103

VIT - 40

INT - 1

DEX - 60

LUK - 70

My plans are AGI 120 and LUK 100. Not sure about the rest, and im curious how much ASPD ill benefit from 120 AGI.

Equipment:

Sapha Set. Now, I know that no one recommends this set, but I dont understand why. The benefits seem pretty good for what Im looking for. Im not opposed to getting rid of it, but Id love some info on WHAT to replace the items with, that I can afford.

+8 Little Feather Hat (Angra Mantis card)

Pegasus Ear

CD in Mouth

+6 Sapha Cloth (Porciello Card, and LUK +8)

+7 Chakram (Aunoe Card x2, FS +5, FS +4)

Sapha Hood (AGI +3, Evasion 3, Evasion 3)

Sapha Shoes (Wild Rose Card, STR 2, HP 300, AGI +1)

Assasin Handcuff (LUK 1... no idea what card to put)

Sapha Ring

I have a +7 HBP (That I cant +9 to save my life, its awful, I swear the thing is cursed) that Id be willing to get to +9 if that is recommended, but I need to konw what to replace with other Sapha sets.

I really need help with increasing my ASPD. Apparently I dont understand it much, as I thought Pegasus ears would be a difference, but its really not... Id love the Bako tattoo, but I cant afford that right now. I am only at 181 ASPD with my build :(

Im looking into thanatos katar, but the Chakra/Sin cuff is so nice I think. I dont want to sacrifice damage.

So... please help me XD Sorry if Im n00b, I do pretty decent damage right now, but I want more ASPD and Im not sure how to get there and still do awesful crit damage.

Edited by allastorm, 14 May 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

is 181 ASPD already with awakening potion?
get king poring hat for 10% ASPD, temporal agi boots with AD4 enchant for another 10% aspd and extra 3% per 3 refines and 1 aspd at 120 agi.
once you have enough zeny, get a cenere card, it is a really good aspd booster. best to be put on +9 faw

#3 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

is 181 ASPD already with awakening potion?
get king poring hat for 10% ASPD, temporal agi boots with AD4 enchant for another 10% aspd and extra 3% per 3 refines and 1 aspd at 120 agi.
once you have enough zeny, get a cenere card, it is a really good aspd booster. best to be put on +9 faw

No that is without any buffs. Im hoping to get as much ASPD as I can naturally.

Thanks, I was looking at the temporal boots. My only concern is that would make it so I cant use sapha set, so what else would I be replacing?

I didnt even know about the cenere card, that sounds really good! Now... is it better for FAW or HBP? What enchants do I want on FAW? I dont want to sacrifice my damage, and im afraid that will happen if I replace sapha, but then again maybe it wont matter if Im attacking so fast.

Thanks for you help :)

#4 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

No that is without any buffs. Im hoping to get as much ASPD as I can naturally.

Thanks, I was looking at the temporal boots. My only concern is that would make it so I cant use sapha set, so what else would I be replacing?

I didnt even know about the cenere card, that sounds really good! Now... is it better for FAW or HBP? What enchants do I want on FAW? I dont want to sacrifice my damage, and im afraid that will happen if I replace sapha, but then again maybe it wont matter if Im attacking so fast.

Thanks for you help :)

cant have it all, need to compensate some damage for aspd. Shadow sets give aspd, cenere card give 2% aspd per 10 Agi, Isabella red  ears gives aspd at +9 and beyond, FAW has aspd enchants, +10/14 weapon with soheon card gives Aspd, bako tattoos give aspd..... many equips give aspd

With you budget you can make your own Temp agi boots with AD4 enchant (Dont gamble on last enchant if you dont have much funds. max AD enchant is good enuf) and get a HBP or FAW with cenere card.

But i strongly recommend going rolling cutter build to maximize AOE damage to help you level faster and using mesmerist reset to switch to crit GX after you are 175 or your desired level

#5 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

cant have it all, need to compensate some damage for aspd. Shadow sets give aspd, cenere card give 2% aspd per 10 Agi, Isabella red  ears gives aspd at +9 and beyond, FAW has aspd enchants, +10/14 weapon with soheon card gives Aspd, bako tattoos give aspd..... many equips give aspd

With you budget you can make your own Temp agi boots with AD4 enchant (Dont gamble on last enchant if you dont have much funds. max AD enchant is good enuf) and get a HBP or FAW with cenere card.

But i strongly recommend going rolling cutter build to maximize AOE damage to help you level faster and using mesmerist reset to switch to crit GX after you are 175 or your desired level

Thanks! I know I cant have it all, hence why im asking what to do in replacing my sapha set, since im sacrificing the crit damage :)

I do think im going to get my temporal agi boots, Just not sure if I want the lucky day or speed of light enchant. Suggestion? Im not terribly concerned with zeny, like I said I have plenty I can sell if it will be the right choice :) I just dont want to blow it all on one item.

Do you have suggestions for armor, accessories and headgears? I dont think isabella is worth it unless I get it +10, and Ive never been so lucky.

#6 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Thanks! I know I cant have it all, hence why im asking what to do in replacing my sapha set, since im sacrificing the crit damage :)

I do think im going to get my temporal agi boots, Just not sure if I want the lucky day or speed of light enchant. Suggestion? Im not terribly concerned with zeny, like I said I have plenty I can sell if it will be the right choice :) I just dont want to blow it all on one item.

Do you have suggestions for armor, accessories and headgears? I dont think isabella is worth it unless I get it +10, and Ive never been so lucky.

If you have money go get LD enchant if you dont have much i suggest keep the temp agi boots AD4 enchanted and dont go for last enchant, if you get something like Muscle fool it will ruin the boots. 

For RC build gear suggestions

Nabs with FS enchants (% Atk is better at higher level/good + wATK)

Bako tattoos are best or else you can use Rogues treasure combo

RWH/Vanar or eddga

Personally i dont like IRE too. 

#7 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

If you have money go get LD enchant if you dont have much i suggest keep the temp agi boots AD4 enchanted and dont go for last enchant, if you get something like Muscle fool it will ruin the boots. 

For RC build gear suggestions

Nabs with FS enchants (% Atk is better at higher level/good + wATK)

Bako tattoos are best or else you can use Rogues treasure combo

RWH/Vanar or eddga

Personally i dont like IRE too. 

Thanks for the suggestions :)

#8 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

awesful crit damage.

Not sure if typo or clever wordplay, but thumbs up for this.

As for suggestions, you're in the same situation I was. Here's some tips so you don't fall for the same traps I did.

Ditch the sapha set for leveling (use it only for MVPing) at your current gear/base level. Go with a Nab's cloth and RC your way to higher levels.

Temp agis (with 120 agi) are really good if you can't afford bako tats and need that 190 aspd for RC. Glorious ring is also a good acc if you got kvms to spare and need aspd.

Use your HBP, the funds don't allow for anything better and +7 is okay.

Thana katar will go a long way for leveling, get it as soon as you ding 120.

This'll get you to 150 without much trouble.

If I were to make a GX today (janeway pls, don't have time to level alts with 10+ hour shifts ._.), for leveling I'd stack atk and aspd (till 190). Reset at level ~160 to crit and not be gimped lel

If you want to go crit katar without the sapha set, you can check out temporal luk boots. That's a 30% crit damage increase (additional +2% per every 3 refine) at 120 LUK. Add in +9 fatal faw (32% with 120 LUK) and you're better off than the sapha set. Slap a petal into the faws for 24% more. You can even go balls to the walls with a Little Feather Hat (10%). +7 it for another 5%. Add Angra card for another 2% + 1% every 2 refines. Shame we can't equip arrows now, that'd be another 5%.

I haven't met many katar critters since I came back, are we dying out? D:

#9 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Not sure if typo or clever wordplay, but thumbs up for this.

As for suggestions, you're in the same situation I was. Here's some tips so you don't fall for the same traps I did.

Ditch the sapha set for leveling (use it only for MVPing) at your current gear/base level. Go with a Nab's cloth and RC your way to higher levels.

Temp agis (with 120 agi) are really good if you can't afford bako tats and need that 190 aspd for RC. Glorious ring is also a good acc if you got kvms to spare and need aspd.

Use your HBP, the funds don't allow for anything better and +7 is okay.

Thana katar will go a long way for leveling, get it as soon as you ding 120.

This'll get you to 150 without much trouble.

If I were to make a GX today (janeway pls, don't have time to level alts with 10+ hour shifts ._.), for leveling I'd stack atk and aspd (till 190). Reset at level ~160 to crit and not be gimped lel

If you want to go crit katar without the sapha set, you can check out temporal luk boots. That's a 30% crit damage increase (additional +2% per every 3 refine) at 120 LUK. Add in +9 fatal faw (32% with 120 LUK) and you're better off than the sapha set. Slap a petal into the faws for 24% more. You can even go balls to the walls with a Little Feather Hat (10%). +7 it for another 5%. Add Angra card for another 2% + 1% every 2 refines. Shame we can't equip arrows now, that'd be another 5%.

I haven't met many katar critters since I came back, are we dying out? D:

Totally not a typo..... :)

My bf is working on an AS rune knight, so we have been sharing a few equipment to see what I like best. Ive decided I want a +9 FAW with the AS enchants and use the Cenere card. I will need to save up money to get this. I just think its better overall than the HBP, and it's cuter looking tooo....

I got my temp agility boots and I did the special enchant (it was so scary!) and I got LUCKY DAY, thank god lol. So now just need to upgrade those, again will do this when I have money because im fresh out of certs.

I dont see why I would want a nab cloth. I know everyone is recommending this, but it will ruin my crit. Im not terribly concerned about leveling, I have people to level with and I use battle manuals. Im not a fan of buying gear to get rid of later, Id rather invest what I want now and have that as I go.

Im working on getting a thanatos katar and will use that for solo leveling. As it is now, I can level with using barely any pots which is nice, but that should help.

If any of you rich people out there want to help my GX, I opened up an art commission thread, trying to raise funds :) https://forums.warpp...mmissions-open/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users