#1 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Just a newbie question.

So I was reading topic in this forum about overlords and dragoons. From what was said in old discussions, dragoons are superior in overlord in every way. However, dragoons received heavy nerfs which made them an average but still decent class. So now I wonder, just in terms of pve, which is the better class? I'm only playing a myrmidon right now and I think they're really good and fast in clearing dungeons. Would it be the same for a dragoon now with the recent nerfs or can they still do better? I want to try a paladin so I'm just wondering if it is going to be the same or even better experience. This is just in terms of pve. :D 

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

The nerf that paladins got for pve was the spear jab and crosscut shared cooldown, but that was reverted here. So they are essentially they same in pve as before. But that doesn't means overlords are worse in there. I'd say they have basically the same clear speed, and overlords have higher dmg on bosses.

#3 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:44 AM

Okay. :D It's just that majority of the people from those discussions always say that the dragoon is a faceroll class so I thought it was superior to the overlord. 

#4 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

Okay. :D It's just that majority of the people from those discussions always say that the dragoon is a faceroll class so I thought it was superior to the overlord. 

Dragoon still kill faster in PVE, time reverse only affected during PVP, and yes, the pally was butcher lol with nerfed. Good in PVE and a stunt lock with crosscut and spear job for PVP. Pally has too many lock actually. I stoped playing mines a year ago, cause too many classes outshined the pally and not worth using it on pve when too many other kill faster than it.

PVP kill slow yawnnnnnnnnnn.................

I suggest Priest-summonner-destroyer or harlequin if all you want to do is PVE.

#5 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:04 AM

I tried a priest already but the x-mashing can be tedious at times. I don't think I can play a summoner yet since they say it is not recommended for newbies. I might try a destroyer in the future. Right now I just want to try both jobs of the warrior class since I feel the most comfortable playing them even though they're not the best in pve. :D Will definitely try the classes you recommended once I saved up gold. 

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

You can hold down x now to shoot fast. No need to mash the button anymore.

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Never thought I'd see the day!

#8 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

You can hold down x now to shoot fast. No need to mash the button anymore.

I have to say, PvE is cooler without chain combos.

#9 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

Hoooo. I only read the patch notes a minute ago (lol) and this is really nice. I decided to just stick with my myrmidon for now.  But, just another question off the topic. Between destroyer and harlequin, which is more easier/fun to solo pve with? Not asking who clears faster but which gives you more satisfaction playing them? :D 

#10 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Hoooo. I only read the patch notes a minute ago (lol) and this is really nice. I decided to just stick with my myrmidon for now.  But, just another question off the topic. Between destroyer and harlequin, which is more easier/fun to solo pve with? Not asking who clears faster but which gives you more satisfaction playing them? :D

Harle>Myrmi

I like both for PVE, for some reason the lifting of enemies is more cool when you can do it 4x sooooo... Harle. Harles = lawnmowers.

#11 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:45 AM

Myrmidon got cool animation but sadly not the damage he should have and high cooldowns, harlequin got the moves (dances :D) and can kill maybe even faster then the myrmidon because of the low cooldowns, destroyer is to summ it up only the sniping,shotdown,multishot. destroyer doesn't have that much of skills but he deals a lot of damage with it and is still fun to play due to the low cooldowns

#12 Taytra

Taytra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

Yeah I feel really bad for myrmidons since they were given the title of a damage dealing class. I still think they're bad ass though. :D Maybe i'll go for a destroyer now. Thanks for answering my questions.  :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users