Huh first time doing this and I don't even know how to introduce myself...
Hello... people! For the first time ever I did all the new quests (I think) on the day of a new episode's release. I don't even know why I did them because I don't even have a mech but that's beside the point. What's important is that I ended up writing a rough guide for my guild and posted it on our forums. However, I noticed that a guide had not been posted here yet so I figured I might as well post mine. It's a WIP and there are some things that are still missing and need to be filled in (and there's bound to be info that's wrong) so if anyone has feedback, please do post so I can edit it accordingly. Also, if anyone could add this in iROWiki that would be great too; I would do it myself but I suck at making new pages and am much more comfortable editing preexisting pages.
And if anyone asks "WHERE IS THE PARAMARKET NPC" I'm literally gonna go bald...
- Level 140+ for the 15.1 kickstarter quest, 130+ for the Charleston Crisis Instance
- Preferably strong and/or well geared because the monsters there are high level (don't wander around recklessly with a 140 n00b mech)
Phantasmagorika Main Quest
- Upon entering the Eden Group, you will be prompted by Lime Evenor to join the excavation group in Juperos. Progress through the dialogue and move on.
- In Eden 2nd Floor on the leftmost room, you will find Nile, the founder of Eden Group. Progress through the dialogue and don't stare at her "Eden Groups" for too long (Toxn said it, not me).
- Proceed to the room to the right (where the Mail Annex used to be) and speak to Lime Evenor. She'll introduce you to Aureth and suggest you move to the excavation site.
Here you have 2 options. You may: 1) proceed with the rest of this current quest, or 2) do To Phantasmagorika! below to unlock the elevator to the Verus Findspot. It is recommended to do the first 3 steps of To Phantasmagorika!, and then finish it as you progress through this quest.
- Proceed to Juperos 1 and go to the excavation site to the southeast of the map (244, 87).
- Once there, proceed to the bottom of the new map to enter Juperos Eastern Ruins. The guard at the entrance (15, 151) will mark the tunnel's location.
- Just outside of the Verus Outer Tunnel, speak to Manager Michelle (Juperos Eastern Ruins 114, 40) to receive a killcount for 10 Recon Robots.
- Proceed through the Verus Outer Tunnel to arrive at the Verus Findspot.
- Now lies a variety of quests to do. Healer Miyo near the entrance (176, 161) will restore your HP/SP as an Inn would. Storage can be found near the right northern portal of the map. Speak to Receptionist Nara (182, 168) and sign up under Atnad to register. Beside her, you can speak to Commander Louis (179, 165) to turn in the completed Recon Robot counts to receive 300,000 (450,000) Base EXP/300,000 (450,000) Job EXP. Passage Cleaning and Eliminating Risks are now available.
- Find Aureth and Ian Atnad (144, 193) slightly northwest of Nara. Atnad will ask that you gather 20 Power Control Devices to prove yourself. If you return with more than 20 in your inventory, he will take them all, but since these are character bound to begin with it doesn't matter. These will randomly be added to your inventory when you kill the robot monsters around the Verus Findspot. Collect 20 and return to him. Receive 750,000 (1,125,000) Base EXP/500,000 (750,000) Job EXP.
- Speak to Aureth and he will ask that you speak with Lloyd in Verus Center Square (103, 177).
- Lloyd will ask you to collect condensed energy from the nearby machine remnants. With 10 Empty Bottles in your inventory, collect Condensed Energy from nearby Machine Remnants and deliver them to Lloyd.
- Return to Aureth and he will give you a report he compiled and ask that you deliver it to Commander Louis.
- Speak with Commander Louis and select the first option to receive 300,000 (450,000) Base EXP/300,000 (450,000) Job EXP. New Power Source is now available.
- Speak with Atnad again and he orders you to bring him some delicious delicacies. You will need to consult with other members of the excavation team to find out what he wants.
- Find Luke Lapez in Verus Center Square (107, 177) and he offers to cook some food if you bring him some ingredients. Bring him 2 Meats, 1 Mora Mandarin, and 1 Banana. Return to him with the ingredients and he creates a Bifrost for you.
- Deliver the Bifrost to Atnad and ask him about the last exploration. He asks that you give him some time to collect his thoughts. Core Collection is now available.
- Speak to Atnad again and select "Converse". He will explain the last exploration was nothing special, and that the excavation site was Juperos. Talk to him again and he will ask that you check the research facilities for anything out of the ordinary. Central Laboratory Instance is now available.
- Head one map north of Verus Center Square (map is called R&D-WISH like wtf is this localization). Just north left of the entrance (60, 29) is a pile of Strewn Paper. Check it adequately and you'll obtain a Memory Record.
- Return to Atnad and he'll ask you to fetch the Record Player from Commander Arquien (Nile).
- Go back to Eden 2nd Floor and enter the top left room. Speak to Nile (I'll refer to her as Nile if she's in Eden Group and Commander Arquien if she's at the Verus Findspot) and ask her for the Record Player. Speak to her again and she'll inform you that she needs 5 more Memory Records for it to work.
- After collecting the Memory Records, speak to Commander Arquien again at the Verus Findspot (172, 149). She'll ask you to play it yourself, so click the Record Player to the left of her to hear the recording. Talk to Nile again and she'll direct you back to Atnad.
- Speak to Atnad and you'll discover he is a native of Verus. He asks you to obtain some Memory Records from the laboratory in the map north west of Verus Center Square.
- Proceed to that map (known as Lab-OPTATIO) and speak to Verity (123, 181). She will warp you to the Under Bunker.
- When you arrive, search the area for strange glowing objects that look like those you collected the Memory Records from. They will yield Laboratory Memory Records. Collect 5 of them and return to Commander Arquien at the Verus Findspot.
- She will tell you to listen to the recording again. After it plays, speak to Commander Arquien again, who once again directs you to Atnad. You'll also receive a Record Piece. Collect Memory Records of Research Facilities and Collect Memory Records of Laboratories are now available.
- Speak to Guide Elisha at Juno Field 7 (218, 157). Select the second option, then ask for directions. She'll direct you to Rekenber Headquarters in Lighthalzen.
- Proceed to the Rekenber Headquarters in Lighthalzen and speak to Leitner behind the counter on the first floor west of the main desk. He will register you and allow you to use the elevator to the Verus Findspot.
- Return to Guide Elisha and say your name. She will attempt to send you to the Verus Findspot, but the elevator appears to be out of order. Proceed to the Verus Findspot by walking through Juperos 1 as described above. It is advised that you collect 30 Used Iron Plates in Juperos now as you will need them later.
- At the Verus Findspot, speak to Guide Scarlet (119, 220). You will find that Deu, Alf, Mark, Tamarin, and Magi are on the elevator when it begins to collapse. Guide Scarlet will request for you to bring her 30 Used Iron Plates to help support the elevator.
- Return to her with the items and repair the elevator. The gang will arrive on ground safely and thank you for your efforts. The elevator is now available for use to bring you to and from the surface (Juno Field 7).
- Speak to any of the members of the gang that you rescued from the elevator near Verus Findspot 116, 220 (Mark, Deu, Tamarin, Alf, or Magi). They ask you to investigate the fountain.
- Click on the fountain nearby (116, 225). The gang notices that the fountain is rather new and doesn't have any residue from water. They ask that you investigate the sundries next.
- Click on the sundries slightly left of the fountain (95, 238). Alf notes that it also looks rather clean, indicating that perhaps the city isn't as old as they think it is. He asks you look at the tree beside it.
- Click on the tree northwest of the sundries (79, 249). Deu questions how the trees are able to grow if there is no sunlight and Magi doesn't think it's enchanted in any way. Deu notices something is in front of the door nearby.
- Click on the signboard to the left of the tree (62, 255). The gang sees a path that leads upwards to Verus Center Square, and Deu dashes off to see where it leads, and you quickly pursue after him.
- Move north to Verus Center Square and speak to Deu there (46, 23). He asks you to check out a similar looking fountain above.
- Speak to the fountain north of Deu (44, 65). The gang finds the city's condition disturbingly clean. Mark moves north and asks you to follow him.
- Speak to Mark to the north of the map (88, 237). He finds a path above him but realizes it's blocked. Tamarin goes to check it out despite Mark's warnings.
- Speak to Tamarin northwest of Mark (51, 256). He points out that the area past this point has been completely destroyed.
- Speak to Magi left of Tamarin (35, 254). She senses a current past this point that isn't alive yet is strong. The Phantasmagorika Excavation Team hasn't cleared it yet, so the gang agrees to leave it be. Receive 1,000,000 (1,500,000) Base EXP.
Prerequisite Quest: Looking for the Traces
- Proceed to the north west map (known as Lab-OPTATIO) and speak to Deu (221, 65). He asks you to investigate the device in the center of the map.
- Speak to Fruit (151, 173) and she'll ask you to investigate the Under Bunker.
- Talk to Verity (123, 181) and she'll teleport you to the Under Bunker.
- Speak to Mark (?, ?) at the entrance. He asks you to look for things worth investigating.
- Find Alp (363, 171) and choose "Investigate". To get to Alp from the entrance of the Under Bunker, head to the top left/right portal, then to the bottom middle portal and Alq should be at the end of the hall to the right. He will warp you to a secluded room. Speak to him again and Deu comes barging into the room, sending you to a new location.
- Speak to Verity in this new area, then proceed to the end of the hall. Deu will bust down the locked door for you.
- In the next room, speak to Deu and you'll discover you're all stuck in this mysterious location. Proceed through the portal behind him, then follow the series of portals until you see a Step monster NPC.
- Speak to the Step monster named "Weird place" and you'll be warped into another room. Keep going through the portals and talking to the "Weird place" until you see Tamarin.
- Speak to Tamarin and he'll give you a Gravity Safety Device* and warp you to a new location.
- To the right, you'll find Mark. Speak to him and he will grant you access to the new instance, Last Room. Last Room Instance is now available.
*You also get an Intact Machine Component, but I'm not sure at what point you receive this item.
Bard's Story: Repeatable Every 23 Hours (currently this seems like a pointless quest so go do other quests or something...)
- Speak to the Wandering Bard at Verus Center Square (129, 22). He will ask that you find either a scholar in Juno, a mad scientist in Juno, a scholar in Hugel, Odin's Temple excavators in Hugel, or the President in Lighthalzen. At any point, you may speak to the Wandering Bard again to cancel the current quest. You may also pick up new quests at any time provided that you are not on cooldown, allowing you to choose which quest to do.
- Complete the Juperos Ruins History Quest.
- Return to the Bard. Receive... not really sure.
Juno Mad Scientist:
- Complete Stop Metto's Research.
- Return to the Bard. Receive uhh... nothing.
- Find ??? in Hugel.
- Find ??? in Hugel.
- Find ??? in Lighthalzen.
Passage Cleaning: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Manager Michelle at the Juperos Eastern Ruins (114, 40) or Commander Louis at the Verus Findspot (179, 165) to receive a quest to kill 10 Recon Robots.
- Kill 10 Recon Robots.
- Return to Manager Michelle or Commander Louis and select the second option to receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Eliminating Risks: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Commander Louis (179, 165) and select the third option to receive a quest to kill 15 Explorer Robots and 15 Repair Robots.
- Kill 15 Explorer Robots and 15 Repair Robots found in Verus Center Square.
- Return to Commander Louis and select the third option to receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Police Chief's Request: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Police Chief Kesler at the Verus Findspot (133, 212) and ask if he needs any help.
NOTE: You must complete one officer's request before beginning another's.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you have any Doom Tokens (dropped by Ruin Grace Believer), you can exchange them for Packing Envelopes here. Packing Envelopes grant a random buff for 30 seconds.
- Find Police Officer Piffs in the northeast region of the Verus Findspot (202, 258) and accept his request. Collect 10 Gathered Herbs from the Thickets scattered across the map and return to him to complete his request.
- Find Police Officer Gerev in Verus Center Square (116, 36) and accept his request. Disarm 10 Doom Prayer Traps and return to him to complete his request.
- Find Police Officer Salgran in Verus Center Square (36, 113) and accept his request. Kill 10 Illegal Promotions and return to him to complete his request.
- Find Police Officer Seiden in Verus Center Square (81, 241) and accept his request. Obtain 10 Stones from the same spots as the traps and return to him to complete his request.
- Return to Police Chief Kesler and select the second option to receive 1,000,000 (1,500,000) Base EXP.
New Power Source: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Lloyd in Verus Center Square (103, 177). He asks you to collect 10 bottles of condensed energy from the nearby Machine Remnants.
- With 10 Empty Bottles in your inventory, click on the nearby Machine Remnants to collect Enriched Energy.
- Return to Lloyd with 10 bottles of Enriched Energy to receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Core Collection: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Ian Atnad (144, 193) and select the first option.
- Collect 20 Power Control Devices by killing the robot monsters in the maps nearby.
- Return to Ian Atnad and select the first option.
- Speak to Aureth beside him and he will ask that you deliver his report to Commander Louis.
- Find Commander Louis and select the first option to receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Collect Memory Records of Research Facilities: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Commander Arquien and select "Research facilities Memory Records". She asks you to collect 5 Memory Records from the map north east of Verus Center Square.
- Collect 5 Memory Records.
- Return to Commander Arquien again and she will tell you to listen to the record player beside her. After it completes, you will receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Collect Memory Records of Laboratories: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Commander Arquien and select "Laboratories Memory Records". She asks you to collect 5 Laboratory Memory Records from the Under Bunker.
- Collect 5 Laboratory Memory Records.
- Return to Commander Arquien again and she will tell you to listen to the record player beside her. Receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
- After listening to the record player, you will receive 1 Record Piece.
Helping Her: Accessed via Record Piece; 22 Hour Time Limit
- Use the Record Piece obtained from Collect Memory Records of Laboratories. You will be warped to the past, in the Monitoring Room of the Under Bunker.
- Speak to Bunker Sayhu (103, 147) and agree to help Dr. Fresa in the middle of the room.
- Find Dr. Fresa (93, 168) and she will ask you to provide a headcount* of either the surviving Mechanicians (82, 323) or Facilities Managers (347, 217). Fastest route to Mechanician Al: exit left, then to J-0 Zone (top leftmost portal), then to Machine Warehouse. Fastest route to Facilities Manager Remo**: Exit south, then to H-0 Zone (top right portal), then to G-2 Zone (right portal).
- Return to Dr. Fresa and report to her the number of survivors according to Al or Remo. Receive 725,000 (1,125,000) Base EXP/750,000 (1,125,000) Job EXP.
- Exit the map through the Dimension Move Portal at the south end of the map south of the Monitoring Room.
*There may be more employees to provide a headcount of; I will update if I find more.
**I forget if Remo is the Facility Manager, I was tasked to find the FM yesterday when I wrote this part of the guide but unfortunately it didn't save and was lost ;-;.
Krotzel's Request: Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Speak to Krotzel at R&D-WISH (79, 31). She'll ask you to find Trapp.
- Find Trapp at Lab-OPTATIO (172, 146). He'll ask you to tell Krotzel he is safe.
- Return to Krotzel and she will ask you to find Sunny Kim.
- Speak to Photo Journalist at R&D-WISH (134, 169) and she'll direct you back to Krotzel.
- Krotzel now asks you to find Grizzly Grylls in the East Ruins.
- Speak to Exhausted Journalist at Lab-OPTATIO (41, 103) and he'll send you back to Krotzel. Yeah, I know, THIS IS NOT EAST!
- Return to Krotzel and receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP.
Charleston Crisis Instance: 130+, Repeatable Every 20 Hours
- Speak to Charleston in the Verus Findspot (75, 114) and offer to help her. Click on the machine next to her (80, 112) to reserve and enter the instance.
- Once inside, walk forward a bit to trigger the Charleston 1 NPC. You will need to proceed through the dungeon while destroying security devices to enter the next area. There will be Step monsters (mechanical Porings) and Security Robots (aggressive) on the way.
- Destroy the 4 Security Devices as shown below (numbers 1-4) to arrive at the Lab Line. Follow the mapped route to enter the interior of the factory and proceed to the Lab - labelled L below.
- In the lab, walk near Dr. Ve to trigger the NPC. You discover that Charleston 2 has been forcibly connected to the main computer and cannot be controlled by Dr. Ve. They ask you to help them regain control. You will need to destroy 3 Locksteps in order to continue.
- Click on the Main Computer to the left and accept the request to kill 50 Steps. During this part, it is recommended to loot an Explosive Powder dropped by Step because you will need it later on.
- The Locksteps can be found in any of the locations marked in the diagram below. Kill any 3 of them and an announcement will be made prompting you to return to the lab.
- Upon returning to the lab, Charleston 1 will attempt to reactivate Charleston 2, but fails due to a problem in the power generators. She will ask that you go check on the 3 generators around the factory. While you're here, turn in the Step killcount to the Main Computer to receive 1 Charleston Component, which are used to craft the new Mechanic gears. You can turn this in at any point in the instance before you leave (unconfirmed).
- The 3 generators can be found in the locations marked below. Walk near the generators to trigger them. After triggering the 3 generators, another announcement will be made asking you to return to the lab.
- In the lab, Dr. Ve and Charleston 1 will reactivate Charleston 2, and after a dispute, she attempts to destroy the factory. Multiple waves of Security Robots, Kicksteps, and Locksteps will be summoned and must be defeated in order to continue. NOTE: Make sure the party members do not leave the lab room. If they do they will not be able to assist in the fight, and if you are solo and leave, you will be locked out and will not be able to continue (unconfirmed but likely).
- After the fight, Charleston 2 will attempt to activate Charleston 3. Proceed to the south entrance of the core - labelled C in the first diagram - to find Charleston 1 and 2. A dialogue will occur between the two, and it appears Charleston 2 does not know how to access the core. Charleston 1 will request 1 Explosive Powder to blow down the door to the center.
- Upon entering the center, a dialogue will proceed between Charleston 1, 2, and 3. Take this time to kill the mobs in the area. After the dialogue showing just how stupid Charleston 1 is, you will fight Charleston 3, who is Demon, Neutral 3, and has 23m HP. She does have 200 VIT however which makes her susceptible to bombing. Charleston 3 will use LOV and MS as well (not that bad but low level people should watch out). She drops 1 Charleston Component (50%), Pile Bunker P (2%), Tornado Axe (2%), Robot's Arm (1%), Gigantic Blade (2%), Supplement Part Agi  (4%), and Upgrade Part - Booster  (4%).
- After defeating Charleston 3, another dialogue will occur. After it is finished, make your way back to the lab to start another dialogue between Charleston 2 and Dr. Ve.
- Speak to Shalosh (the girl from Jitterbug) - labelled S in the first diagram. She will teleport you out of the instance. Receive 3 Charleston Components.
- Return to Charleston to receive 1,500,000 (2,250,000) Base EXP/1,000,000 (1,500,000) Job EXP. Amount of EXP received during subsequent runs undetermined.
Here is a video of Havenn taking you step by step through the instance with a Genetic. Thanks again for the video guide, Slyk!
The Last Room Instance: 150+ (?), Repeatable Every 23 Hours
- Find your way to Mark at the back of the Under Bunker and reserve the instance. If you have the Gravity Safety Device, you can warp there directly through Verity at Lab-OPTATIO. If you don't have the Gravity Safety Device, you can walk there manually using steps 5-10 of Vestige as a guide (yes you have to walk all the way back)
- Speak to Verity inside and a series of dialogues will trigger. Totally didn't pay enough attention to what they said (something someone's sick something mutter mutter) but just proceed north. A series of monsters will spawn and attack you. There is also a System Message plant-protocol monster towards the bottom left of the map that must be killed as well. When all of them are cleared, speak to Tamarin who spawns near the middle of the map.
- Proceed north to the next room. Continue down the path and clear the monsters on the way. At the end of the hall, speak to Verity and proceed to the next room.
- Here, the MVP T_W_O will spawn, and has around 50m HP. She casts Area Stone Curse, Area Soul Drain, and Critical Wound so Undead armor, SP pots, and % recovery items or leech helps a lot here. Furthermore, numerous System Messages spawn in the map constantly which heal the MVP. The system messages are plant protocol and are immune to attack skills with roughly 50 HP, but there are many of them that repeatedly spawn so it is advised to target the MVP at all times. When defeated, she drops a Test Reagent at ??% chance, and a Mysterious Part as an MVP Reward at ??% chance. Fruit will exchange 17 Mysterious Parts for 1 of the 3 new gears (Broken Chips 1 and 2 and Riot Chip).
- Speak to Verity and you will be warped out of the instance.
This time we have Dawnte breezing through The Last Room. Thanks for the video!
New Mechanic Gears
- Mass Charleston (Verus Findspot 63, 112) sells Upgrade Part - Plate and Supplement Part Str for 3,999,999 z each. She also upgrades your Pile Bunker, along with 300 Dented Iron Plates and 15 Broken Engines into:Spoiler
- Pile Bunker S
- Pile Bunker P
- Pile Bunker T
- Mass Charleston (Verus Findspot 69, 108) will exchange Mechanic gears for 10 Charleston Components. She will exchange for:Spoiler
- Upgrade Part - Engine 
- Upgrade Part - Booster 
- Upgrade Part - Gun Barrel 
- Supplement Part Con
- Supplement Part Agi
- Supplement Part Dex
- Mass Charleston (Verus Findspot 71, 105) will enchant the Upgrade and Supplement gears akin to the Mora Enchanter. Each attempt costs 100,000 z and 1 Charleston Component, with a wider variety of enchants for equipment +9 and above. The enchants can also be reset with 100,000 z and 1 Charleston Component. The available enchants and their proported rates are unknown, I asked Oda about it for Tiki Tuesday so let's see if I can get a list of enchants.
Huge shoutout to my guildmates and the people in this thread for helping me write this guide. And please do contribute if you have information that I don't have here!
Edited by mrricebox, 04 September 2016 - 01:00 PM.