Just Some Reflections. - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just Some Reflections.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wuzimiko

Wuzimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

Out of pure curiosity, I checked out some reviews of DS online and came across this post by CoolSam - "An honest review from a long-time player", posted back in 2015. It spurred a lot of feelings and thoughts. I couldnt comment on that thread 'cause its against the rules to comment on an old thread, but I'll just put the link right here:

I started playing Dragon Saga, aka Dragonica, back in 2009 when I was 14 years old. It was my very first computer game, and it was also the game that introduced me and my sisters to MMO.  The first class I chose was Magician -> Acolyte (Priest); till today I still play mainly as Invoker (and still think that Acolyte sounds so much cooler than Priest XD). DS was very different back then, yet very same. I believe that this sentiment is shared between long time players, who saw the addition of F6 and F7, the remaking of the character creation screen, the addition of Kazeura Village and the Drakan classes, the map rework in Odellia, the expansion of Galaxia etc etc...But I digress. 

I have drifted to many different servers - IAH, and when it closed I went to EU(and a seperate chinese server for a few months), and when it closed I went to GSquare(both chinese and english servers), and finally, last year, settled down here in NA. From a young student to a working adult, DS supported me throughout my most trying times. When I was feeling really, really awful, sleeping in my favourite spot in POW, watching that whale-island bobbing up and down or just fishing in windy farm always made me feel better...it was these little moments that make DS have a special place in my heart.

It was very difficult to migrate to another server, then watch with my own eyes as it slowly dies...again. Friendlist perma-greyed out, automatically assigned as guild leader, server closes, move to a new server, make new friends, then the cycle repeats. On the final days of EU, there were moments when I logged on, and it seemed like I was the only one there. I stopped joining guilds cause no one was online. Tradechat was empty, normal chat was empty, friend chat was empty..everything was quiet. 

Until I came to this server.

At first, I was skeptical. I was hyped but unsettled - both because it was the last server (at that time) and that's what's left of DS. I have to be honest - the main reason why I stayed at DS was because of this "long term relationship" syndrome where love evolved into kinship. Quests were repetitive and gruelling, maps were starkingly similar and dungeons are not exactly fun. Ever since the first day of dragon I had always "shift-ed" through the whole story telling. The charm of DS is often hard to explain to a newcomer - because we have experienced first hand how "un-fun" it can be. But it stays true that till today, I could not find a game that offers anything quite similar. DS is one of a kind and has an interactive gameplay that is ahead of many many other MMOs ever since 2009. It is so much easier to level up these days with f7 (and I passionately love f7, btw), gone were the days where you're stuck at dangerous caverns feeling lost about how to level up from there *chuckles*. The community is tight, united, sincere, welcoming and supportive - something that really moved me. I'm always checking out the forums (although I don't speak much) and am trying my best to give back to the community. 'Cause of the hard work and compromises made by all players and producing team alike, DS is making a slow but steady recovery like never before.

Which is really amazing, 'cause when I came in last year, I came with the intention to send DS off on its last journey, staying by its side till the end. 

And Coolsam and ero are both here too! Which I have to admit, made my heart flutter when I first knew about it hahaha XD Especially cause as an invoker, ero is a legend :D

I have a lot more that I wanted to say but I'll stop here because it's getting long. To all mods and gms and just everyone out there, a huge thank you and a great big hug. I bet a lot more people are silently watching over this game too. I wish for nothing but the best and that we have a great time together in game.

Cheers : )

Edited by Wuzimiko, 18 May 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#2 Telzyn

Telzyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

Siding with you, I really like this game, and we shall all stay with it until the end. dragon saga is the best.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

There was one guild that had people from pretty much the start till the end of eu :P

Nice story^^

#4 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

Welcome to this server :P

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

Hello Wuzimiko.

In behalf of the whole Dragon Saga staff I want to say thank you for your nice words. Such posts are the ones giving us the power to continue working on this games and trying to make it a better place for everyone of us. 

Thank you!

#6 Wuzimiko

Wuzimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Hello Wuzimiko.

In behalf of the whole Dragon Saga staff I want to say thank you for your nice words. Such posts are the ones giving us the power to continue working on this games and trying to make it a better place for everyone of us. 

Thank you!

Dear Poppie, 

Thank you that is really sweet : ) I know that lately the team is highly strung about Arcardia but please make sure to take care of yourselves too!  Please be sure to eat enough and rest properly. Do let us know if we can help in anyway cause we're in this together! With love.

Edited by Wuzimiko, 19 May 2016 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users