Taliesin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@Trench27649192
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova (stuck in the past)

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

So, I had been gone for close to four years. I know this because I looked at the last log in for my prot in the guild list. But a sense of nostalgia swept over me as I talked with my wife about it. Figured I would come back. The place seems dead. The forums are filled with more negativity towards the game. But I can't help to remember the fun and how it was to log in and play for hours. I was here for the tail end of S1 and left right after the level cap raise to 85. But the questing, SvS, Strongest, GvG, they were all fun. Two favorite memories are a GvG that didn't involve me or the guild I was in. But the poor fellows were outnumbered and getting slaughtered. Apparently they were tricked into it. So I left mine as I was on my commie and joined theres. Apparently the opposing side wasn't expecting that and while the GvG was lost. The margin was much closer than what it would've been if I hadn't joined. Second was a Strongest that my wife and I were in. She was a ranger and I was an avenger. This was back when they claimed the class was "broken" when there was instacast bombs and they used launchers. Needless to say, having the bombs as a frontline tactic along with avengers AoE's and the firepower of a ranger. Holding off full parties was fun. Of course we got overwhelmed but still.

What's your favorite memory?

#2 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Hammerine 4lyfe

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

Going to the mill with NeonSpyder and wiping mill parties for the lulz.  same with Leorphen beach parties.  Being chased by DA and LAW for so long i couldnt unstealth in town anymore was fun also.  making Smallville eat his words in a duel when i was 66 and he was 71 was pretty epic also.  i have so many good memories of s1 and s2.  i remember the first time i upgraded my rorgos set after farming for days in AT for compound xeons lol.  Doing RH with Loyalty and Krystalist.  oh do you remember when they made PK give exp for like a week?  Elem and ROFLCOPTER wiped all of NH for days.

Edited by edaw6282, 23 May 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#3 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

lol - wasn't smallville also the one who forced his gf to play his char while he slept just to lvlup faster ?

but well yea - memories : VS Spot near Cohen was fun, Grel Lumbermill in a huge pt for the last % from 65 to 66 just to be able to wear the 66 lvl gear finally but well, that was s1, when 1 lvl took ages unlike nowadays when u just push a low lvl char with high lvl char in JS, ST or ET; SvS filled up like hell (Hammerine vs Valdes/Lintra)...

some character names from Hammerine : Brackeny, TheLibrarian, savoura, Bumblefoot, MatronaMalice, UreLastSight, HomicidalXHerken, Lithi, ArchFiend, CwaS, BlueWaffle, Loyalty, TG (Th3Godfath3r), Meketrefe, UsedCondom, Edge, kat, Drizzt, Pers, Bobdob, CERAN, Freja, Undisclosed, Setill, Texa, HeatBlaze...

Edited by ThreeTimes6, 22 May 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#4 miloslav

miloslav

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

lol - wasn't smallville also the one who forced his gf to play his char while he slept just to lvlup faster ?

but well yea - memories : VS Spot near Cohen was fun, Grel Lumbermill in a huge pt for the last % from 65 to 66 just to be able to wear the 66 lvl gear finally but well, that was s1, when 1 lvl took ages unlike nowadays when u just push a low lvl char with high lvl char in JS, ST or ET; SvS filled up like hell (Hammerine vs Valdes/Lintra)...

some character names from Hammerine : Brackeny, TheLibrarian, savoura, Bumblefoot, MatronaMalice, UreLastSight, HomicidalXHerken, Lithi, ArchFiend, CwaS, BlueWaffle, Loyalty, TG (Th3Godfath3r), Meketrefe, UsedCondom, Edge, kat, Drizzt, Pers, Bobdob, CERAN, Freja, Undisclosed, Setill, Texa, HeatBlaze...

Bah 3X6 , your best memories anyway is Fishing all days with nice sunset talks near Toxai :D then nuking some guys from DA and take theyre profite and split with friend Dirk . And check your messages tab by the way )

#5 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

hahah yeah i miss all those guys on your list.  Im CERAN btw 3x6 :D  .  i still play im on Stradivarius or CERANxTRACRISPY most of the time. Yeah smallville was the worlds biggest douche haha.  SvS was ridiculous too lol at first it was almost always Linta/Valdes victory because they outnumbered hammy so much.  i miss doing FoC with Meketrefe and Rassmussen in FORTEHLULZ guild.  idk how many of the ppl on your list had 65 alts in FTLz  freja and thorny def did.  also yeah Loy and StFu called me the bum because i never made it passed 67 in s1 haha,  i leveled a toon from 1-85 in one day a few years ago and thought to my self,  "well -_- why couldnt we do this in s1"

Edited by edaw6282, 23 May 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#6 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

@miloslav - lol yea next nostalgia, MO - damn I miss it alot and yea *roflmao* the poor fishermen there, complety overweight - but we had a Molva to carry their goods always, right ? *looool*

@CERAN - hahahahaha, u pk'd me alot back in s1 near Rozen Merchants, then u disappeared for longer but nice to see u here again ^^

where's Grimm btw ? ^^

#7 edaw6282

edaw6282

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

@miloslav - lol yea next nostalgia, MO - damn I miss it alot and yea *roflmao* the poor fishermen there, complety overweight - but we had a Molva to carry their goods always, right ? *looool*

@CERAN - hahahahaha, u pk'd me alot back in s1 near Rozen Merchants, then u disappeared for longer but nice to see u here again ^^

where's Grimm btw ? ^^

havent seen grimm in forever lol.  yeah i was kind of a douche back then man but it wasnt personal i pk'd everyone xD  especially on the beach by rozen haha.

#8 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

didn't felt attacked for personal reasons back then, was fun ^^ Parness is pretty empty nowadays and the few ppl u find for pk often cry u a river even when they have alot of advantages (higher lvl, 1vs2+)

#9 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Back in those days Requiem indeed had its finest moments, along with dramas and whatnot, but whatever it was, at least it was indeed alive. Even if it was far from perfect, even if some of the oldest bugs and crap still persist until now.

There were still good times later too, but fewer. Well, the last decent occasions I can recall involved ET (which otherwise was a truly annoying and frustrating pain in the rear), and of course farming ST and looking for the "elusive" Jugger Nuts. I suppose, up until then, and even if the "+30, 8/8" mode was fully on, partying and raiding had a purpose, could still be a challenge, and certainly brought people together and was fun.

And then we all know what happened, how they royally screwed up everything, eventually into "self god mode", so why should anyone really bother with parties and setting up raids and whatnot... Solo-yolo mode, yey, GG...

And thus the story of lil ole Requiem faded into oblivion, without even a proper ending... Just MEMORIES, nothing else.

#10 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

ion mine lv 29 and lv 49... oh yhaa ,,miss then a lot :(

#11 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

ion mine lv 29 and lv 49... oh yhaa ,,miss then a lot :(

Yes!
I miss kicking your butt in them
Lol

#12 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

Yes!
I miss kicking your butt in them
Lol

ahah! good times !

what was your toon name :P, just for nostalgia momento ;D

#13 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

ahah! good times !

what was your toon name :P, just for nostalgia momento ;D

Oh something silly
Bananapie.
And other variations of bananas with things

#14 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

Oh something silly
Bananapie.
And other variations of bananas with things

aha nice to see you there :DD

#15 nebbuchanessa

nebbuchanessa

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Guys yesterday I came back after 6 years. I was able to login after 2 hour struggle with installation(nothing new under the sun).

Still my friend list is empty but I recognise some of these names : savoura,Bumblefoot,HomicidalXHerken,CwaS,Meketrefe,Drizzt(for sure).

My Mystic name was Nebbuchanessa/ my ranger's CyberDaemon .

Smalville was in my guild. Is here anyone from my friends (or foes of course) who remembers me and is still active in game ?

#16 PaleRose

PaleRose

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Server:ex Hammmmmmmmmmmmmmmerine

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

What's your favorite memory?

my best memories are in my signature and they were way earlier. When level cap was 49, 59, 65, 69 then 71, 74.. this was the time I actually was playing hardcore :lol: about wifes.. I was not the wife but GF of Empyrium/FirstLight if anyone remembers him (Affinity days). In S2 I began to take distance from here as Requiem had started to turn into garbage. I then was occassionally logging in just to say hi. Today I am only visiting the forums here from time to time and watching people QQing like how bad this game has become xD

#17 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

Hi Rose :)

#18 mfast

mfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

HomicidalXherken = ThreatToSociety  

#19 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

HomicidalXherken = ThreatToSociety  

correct ^^

#20 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hello all :) I cant say any specific memories because i feel like there were so many good and bad, what i can say about this game, since quitting 3 years ago i tried several other games and i can not say any of this new games gave me more fun than what requiem did, i met many great people here and i made many enimies, I started to play again recently, alot changed and without the help of friends who still play, i would have probably logged back out within 5 minutes.

It's nice to see all the old names 3x6 mentioned,  here are some ss i found of some old days with players you may remember.

337290_345208182229750_900094237_o_zpsct

621741_345207482229820_1974803140_o_zpsw

334278_345207192229849_929532720_o_zpsyu

256305_345204528896782_520144113_o_zpsdo

#21 AnthraX

AnthraX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Guild Wars lawl

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

So much nostalgia brothers, i dont play nothing like old requiem from some years ago..

#22 DRAGONMANdavid1

DRAGONMANdavid1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

one stupid question: what is nostalgia?

and...

Hello all :) I cant say any specific memories because i feel like there were so many good and bad, what i can say about this game, since quitting 3 years ago i tried several other games and i can not say any of this new games gave me more fun than what requiem did, i met many great people here and i made many enimies, I started to play again recently, alot changed and without the help of friends who still play, i would have probably logged back out within 5 minutes.

It's nice to see all the old names 3x6 mentioned,  here are some ss i found of some old days with players you may remember.

337290_345208182229750_900094237_o_zpsct

621741_345207482229820_1974803140_o_zpsw

334278_345207192229849_929532720_o_zpsyu

256305_345204528896782_520144113_o_zpsdo

good old times in requiem memento mori where xenoa had green backround than yellow and all classes was balanced

so warportal riped requiem

#23 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:17 AM

memento mori ? lol no..bloodymare was the real stuff ...they screw in the S2 and so on..

#24 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

memento mori ? lol no..bloodymare was the real stuff ...they screw in the S2 and so on..

agreed...

#25 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat
  • Server:Prypiat

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

One of my favorite times was being in Orchard on my Ranger ArchangelKrista with the OP - Taleisin - on his Avenger underneath me tearing up the entire other side...

The old guild was a good group of peeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users