Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Is it worth buying the (Carat) carded RWH for 300m , instead of the uncarded one? 

I'll be planning on using it with a lvl 120 RC GX. 

Also, any idea if it has a decent re-sale value?

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

To be honest, if you are solely planning to play on GX then it is probably not going to help much since RWH+Thana Katar will leech SP back so fast.  This is actually the combination I have though, and it has worked great, but If I hat to do it all over again, I would probably go with a uncarded one. I bought it for 180m I believe, when I bought mine.

I would much rather get a Engkanto one so that you can run Faceworm everyday after 150 and make some money doing that.

As for the resale value, it will sell very well  but at 300m you are pretty much capped for any resale profit in the future. I would try to buy cheaper.

#3 AlexaAlraune

AlexaAlraune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

My 154 GX friend wears +9 Bungisngis RWH. From what I've seen GXes don't need a lot of SP.

I don't know about re-sale value though. Still new to iRO.

#4 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

To be honest, if you are solely planning to play on GX then it is probably not going to help much since RWH+Thana Katar will leech SP back so fast.  This is actually the combination I have though, and it has worked great, but If I hat to do it all over again, I would probably go with a uncarded one. I bought it for 180m I believe, when I bought mine.

I would much rather get a Engkanto one so that you can run Faceworm everyday after 150 and make some money doing that.

As for the resale value, it will sell very well  but at 300m you are pretty much capped for any resale profit in the future. I would try to buy cheaper.

@MoyuZ777 : I recently bought a +9 Thana Katar (w. Hunterfly card obviously) and I tried it with my +9 Vana in Nogg Road & Man_Fild03 & it was a disaster. Having been used to a +9 Quad Mali Spec Jur, it was a big disappoint that my HP leech wasn't good enough. So I sold my +9 Vana (@400m) and that brings me to my current situation .... So coming back to your point about SP Leech, my bigger concern is HP leech and I'm hoping that you could share some light whether RWH can solve THAT problem.  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

My 154 GX friend wears +9 Bungisngis RWH. From what I've seen GXes don't need a lot of SP.

I don't know about re-sale value though. Still new to iRO.

@AlexaAlraune : :thx: for the suggestion. I was planning on going to the Bungisngis map anyway, so this might give me another reason to wait for an uncarded Vana....  :no1:  :no1:

#5 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:07 AM

- at later level, you will use RWH / Vana only when you need sp/hp back (under 50%) so the card not really important. but for resale value, uncarded one always sell fast.

- at early level switch from 4 carded HF to 1 carded HF will be rough, but the damage is nice. just keep using 4 carded HF till you feel comfortable using thana, or add succubus pet/malicious shadow/bloodsucker for extra leech.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

I like engkanto carded for faceworm purposes. Altho i dont use it on gx but gene :v

#7 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:12 AM

@MoyuZ777 : I recently bought a +9 Thana Katar (w. Hunterfly card obviously) and I tried it with my +9 Vana in Nogg Road & Man_Fild03 & it was a disaster. Having been used to a +9 Quad Mali Spec Jur, it was a big disappoint that my HP leech wasn't good enough. So I sold my +9 Vana (@400m) and that brings me to my current situation .... So coming back to your point about SP Leech, my bigger concern is HP leech and I'm hoping that you could share some light whether RWH can solve THAT problem.  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

The +9 RWH will be much better at leeching HP than a Vana hat so yes, I would highly recommend you go with a +9 RWH instead of a Vana hat. RWH is also cheaper.

#8 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

- at later level, you will use RWH / Vana only when you need sp/hp back (under 50%) so the card not really important. but for resale value, uncarded one always sell fast.

- at early level switch from 4 carded HF to 1 carded HF will be rough, but the damage is nice. just keep using 4 carded HF till you feel comfortable using thana, or add succubus pet/malicious shadow/bloodsucker for extra leech.

@folkvangr :   :thx: for the advice and I totally agree that switching from x4 HF to x1 HF is feeling weird, but since so many iRO Veterans feel that Mali Thana > Quad Mali Spec Jur, I'm sure they see something I don't... 

I like engkanto carded for faceworm purposes. Altho i dont use it on gx but gene :v

@Ashuckel:  Firstly, I'm a big fan of the way you state your opinions (very straightforward). :gg:  About your comment on this post, I'm just a tiny level 120 GX at the moment and will take months to reach a point where i can solo instances like Faceworm or of similar difficulty.

The +9 RWH will be much better at leeching HP than a Vana hat so yes, I would highly recommend you go with a +9 RWH instead of a Vana hat. RWH is also cheaper.

@MoyuZ777:  :thx:  for that statement, it made me happy that I took the correct decision in selling my +9 Vana... now if only someone would be selling a +9 RWH (uncarded), it would make my day !!!!
PS: There is a Whitesmith with IGN Rodco who is selling it right now, but he has max zeny, so it's not letting me buy it for the 300m :(

PS: if any of you in guilds that have someone selling this, PLEASE let them know I'm looking for it... 

and  :thx:
  to all of you once again... i REALLY appreciate the comments !!!!!

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:44 AM

Leave it uncarded if you dont need anything specific for now. As ppl said SP is not really needed on GX, and the Bungs bonus at this point is minimal.
If hp leech is being a problem i suggest to get other leech gears that are avaiable too. Leech gear proc chance and heal effect stack additively. Malicious shadow set, blood sucker, etc. Then at some point you wont need this much healing and you can drop some of it to get extra damage.

#10 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:46 AM

Leave it uncarded if you dont need anything specific for now. As ppl said SP is not really needed on GX, and the Bungs bonus at this point is minimal.
If hp leech is being a problem i suggest to get other leech gears that are avaiable too. Leech gear proc chance and heal effect stack additively. Malicious shadow set, blood sucker, etc. Then at some point you wont need this much healing and you can drop some of it to get extra damage.

Blood sucker is 500m ... shucksssss ... do you have any suggestions for around 100m? Bcz until i sell my +9 dble kingbird BXB, im stuck with my last 100m  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#11 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

Blood sucker is 500m ... shucksssss ... do you have any suggestions for around 100m? Bcz until i sell my +9 dble kingbird BXB, im stuck with my last 100m  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

u can wear malicious shadow set for cheaper option, it work like 1HF card

no need buy bloodsucker, that overpriced thing

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:58 AM

HF card:
3% chance to leech 15% HP

+10 mali set
4% chance to leech 4% HP

+30 mali set
4% chance to leech 8% HP

mali set is good additions, but not be as good as hunter fly card

#13 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

HF card:

+10 mali set
4% chance to leech 4% HP

+30 mali set
4% chance to leech 8% HP

nah i think the chance already enough, being GX didn't really need much leeching gear. some people leech fine with just rwh and thanatos(HF). beside more damage more leech, better focus on atk gear

can bring succubus if still not enough 

#14 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:40 AM

Depends on RNG.

I got a double mali weapon, a blood sucker and a +9RWH, but when the RNG dosen't want to keep me alive, even with 4-5 RC in a group of ~20mobs, it doesn't proc. :c

#15 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:50 AM

no, 300m is a bit too high if you're looking for something with a resell-able price. I bought mine for around 230-240m since I was in a bit of a rush. 

I switched from a quad HF jur and +4 rwh to  +9 rwh + thana + malicious shadow set and it works just as good. I'm also using succubus pet in both set-ups and I think blood sucker would seal the deal for being totally unkillable no matter how large the mobs are. just stay away from ranged ones - they're too annoying

#16 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

Maestro RWH for sure because I am vending it  :rice: 

I made a lot of +9 clean RWH this past enrich. Sadly they were all sold out. 
If you can wait another 2-3 months, you can probably make them yourself for around 210m. That's about how much it cost for me averaging out 13 of them. Be warn though, some of them cost me over 300m to make it due to bad luck, but there are times it only take 2 ore from +7 to +9. 

RWH sells out very quickly so you may need to camp Eden and ragial to get sub 270m price. 

Edited by DanaAtkinson, 20 May 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#17 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

I must do some advert on my videos! I wear an engkanto rwh. Too cheap to have both engkanto and mastero rwh. I do have a mastero vanar when I need sp to switch to btw.

#18 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:05 AM

kiel rwh or just clean for resale later on. Also 300m for a maestro rwh is kinda overpriced 0.0

#19 DanaAtkinson

DanaAtkinson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:12 AM

300 is market price now.  If anyone wants to sell me 240 RWH, which is considered expensive in this thread, I am more than happy to buy some  :p_love:

#20 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

You have EDP up when you're leveling, right? You're not just relying on base damage to leech back your hp/sp.

I only used a mali thana + marduk carded RWH and it got me to 175, only after did I get the blood sucker or other gear.

On the topic of RWH, I also don't think carat card is super important -- but it won't _hurt_. I went with Marduk cuz GXs are stupid and nothing kills you faster than being mobbed and getting silenced ;D If you plan to use your RWH on other chars, then that SP boost may be more relevant at that time. 

#21 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

B>+9 RWH Clean for 240m in bulk lol

#22 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

HF card:

+10 mali set
4% chance to leech 4% HP

+30 mali set
4% chance to leech 8% HP

fuyukikun: It is surely good for the bonus, but is it worth the amount? the +10 bonus for the set costs around  41m (all +0 items & then upgrade thru usual method) and the +30 bonus would be upwards 1B ... These numbers are based on Ragial

nah i think the chance already enough, being GX didn't really need much leeching gear. some people leech fine with just rwh and thanatos(HF). beside more damage more leech, better focus on atk gear

can bring succubus if still not enough 

@Azumatsu : If you don't mind can you share a screenie of your GX eqps (at least he gear, if not spl eqps as well)

Depends on RNG.

I got a double mali weapon, a blood sucker and a +9RWH, but when the RNG dosen't want to keep me alive, even with 4-5 RC in a group of ~20mobs, it doesn't proc. :c

@Xiaten : does RNG mean :Random Number Generator (as it usually does) or is this an iRO related acronym that I'm unaware of?

no, 300m is a bit too high if you're looking for something with a resell-able price. I bought mine for around 230-240m since I was in a bit of a rush. 

I switched from a quad HF jur and +4 rwh to  +9 rwh + thana + malicious shadow set and it works just as good. I'm also using succubus pet in both set-ups and I think blood sucker would seal the deal for being totally unkillable no matter how large the mobs are. just stay away from ranged ones - they're too annoying

@mikkotinamide : Thanks for sharing your eqps setup, could you please give a lil more info about the upgrades for the Malicious Shadow Set, your GX level and the maps you were at? Also, I might really be tempted into get a Succubus pet, too many players are suggesting getting her !!!  :rice:

If you can wait another 2-3 months, you can probably make them yourself for around 210m. That's about how much it cost for me averaging out 13 of them. Be warn though, some of them cost me over 300m to make it due to bad luck, but there are times it only take 2 ore from +7 to +9. 

RWH sells out very quickly so you may need to camp Eden and ragial to get sub 270m price. 

@DanaAtkinson : seeing that you are the only person selling a +9RWH at the moment, I have a Q .. was there a particular reason you put the Carat card in the headgear?

I must do some advert on my videos! I wear an engkanto rwh. Too cheap to have both engkanto and mastero rwh. I do have a mastero vanar when I need sp to switch to btw.

@Doomsquare : Thanks for sharing that link, you a like for the video and a Subscriber too .. i.e. moi.  :heh:  Having said that, I hope you bring out new videos on a weekly or fortnightly basis though ...

#23 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

You have EDP up when you're leveling, right? You're not just relying on base damage to leech back your hp/sp.

I only used a mali thana + marduk carded RWH and it got me to 175, only after did I get the blood sucker or other gear.

On the topic of RWH, I also don't think carat card is super important -- but it won't _hurt_. I went with Marduk cuz GXs are stupid and nothing kills you faster than being mobbed and getting silenced ;D If you plan to use your RWH on other chars, then that SP boost may be more relevant at that time. 

I definitely have EDP... I run through at least 100-150 bottles a day , IDK if I'm even earning that much zeny in selling stuff.. regarding a maruk card, I've got tons of Panacea thanks to all that Nogg Road hunting and them Gigs .... 

Regarding using RWH on other chars, in your opinion, which other chars would benefit from it?

#24 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

RK, Sura, Mech, Gen, Ranger/SC, basically anyone with a physical attack skill that depends on mobbing + killing fast. 

#25 Magichealer

Magichealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMumbai,India

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

DanaAtkinson: Liar !!!  You aren't vending it right now,.... you WERE vending it ... bcz I purchased it ... hahaha

RK, Sura, Mech, Gen, Ranger/SC, basically anyone with a physical attack skill that depends on mobbing + killing fast. 

mildcontempt: I have/had an AS Ranger... so I'll definitely +1 on that.... but for the next month or 2 , it's only gonna be on my GX .. hoping to get him to at least 150 ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users