End of the Month May Q&A Livestream 05/25/2016 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

End of the Month May Q&A Livestream 05/25/2016

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Next Wednesday will be our last Dragon Saga Livestream of the month, so it is time once more for our end of the month Q&A Livestream! Post your questions for the Dragon Saga Team below and join us on the Warpportal twitch channel at 10:00 Server Time, 05/25/2016 to see them answered!

In addition to our Q&A Session, we will be spotlighting our best of May Moments! If you have any screenshots or short videos of your favorite moments in May for Dragon Saga that you want to see on our livestream, check out the official thread and post your moments there!

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Well I'll start us off then. Popcorn said he was gonna be there this time, excited for that^^

I get the sense you guys don't want to "answer"  suggestions (basically give first impressions to an idea) on these, why is that? That's what people are interested in and want to hear the most I feel, that's what I've seen other such Q&A's do a lot.

Are you sure the star fragment drops got implemented correctly? I've done a lot of runs my self already with nothing and asking around I haven't actually seen anyone say they would've got one from the thieves.

Do all production socket boxes share drop rates associated with all of the different starred cards? (Does a 10* card from a lvl 2 defense box have the same drop rate as a 10* from a lvl 8 recovery box?)

So there's gonna be an element rework. Any hints on how it's going to go down? Are mentally prepared for the fact that people will probably be angry no matter what you do?

Will there be any skill changes in Arcadia?

Edited by Precrush, 21 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

What direction is the development staff going in terms of element balancing? Answered by Popcorn in a different thread.

How goes progress in decoding this jumbled mess of a code?

Is WarpPortal capable of doing various beta servers and making private betas for Arcadia content?

Will there ever be a "Stop Gaining EXP" feature for players planning on making a Perm-capped character?

Will there be sneak peaks? I like the sneaky sneak peaks. =D

Will the professions system be looked into due to the restriction of multi-clienting the game?

Edited by Coolsam, 24 May 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Regarding the Arcadia update we know so far we are getting a new city, new weapons and an element system rework. Some of us are assuming we are going to get some sort of buyback thing too (at least that is what some others and me got from the hint of you Poppie... in one topic...).

Will this be all that is planned or is there more?

The city, will this actually be a real city and not like that fake city Geffen we got (like a fence and the picture of a city in the background...)?

Besides the work on Arcadia are you guys going on with regular maint fixes?

(There are many people in the game that are afraid that you guys basically abandon the current game because of working on Arcadia. This is why I ask that question.)

Will Arcadia be integrated into the story of the current game, or will it be a complete new part with its own story?

I understood that you guys still have problems with creating new monsters and such. Completely understandable with all the mess you got and you have to work your way through. However it seems giving things a new look (the new weapons) seems to be something you guys are able to do by now. So, is there a chance of some "new" monsters to fight (with a different look to them)?

I don't want to sound mean now and I honestly know it wasn't your fault, but all we got in updates so far was "new dungeons" on top of old bugs. Many players in game are feared Arcadia goes the same way. So I want to ask you the following question to give all the feared ones some kind of relief. Arcadia is not going to be like this, right? Not going to continue the bad path of the past?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 21 May 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#5 5736160426113552273

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

Will the rework of the elementsystem affect the 6*s in a way which makes them useless?? Because keep in mind that the players with 6*s have payed and farmed so much to get those so making them useless would be pretty bad for many of uss.

#6 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

• Since we will most likely not see metro city anytime soon, could you guys make the Portable Dimension Stabilizer back pack available ingame somehow, also if the first part of my question answer is a yes could you also remove all the restrictions on the backpack.  They are a nice alternative backpack to use for lower levels 

• Would it be possible for us to equip a "stat" medal and a "element" medal at the same time in future updates, kinda like how all our gear has a stat socket and a element socket would be cool if we could mimic that with our medals.

• Will Arcadia weapons have element variants? 

• Will Arcadia weapons have some unique special options, would be cool to see like Critical damage or like Casting speed, etc etc etc special options on a weapon

• Would it be possible to let us use element resistance cards on our weapons  :ok: ?

Edited by Starkespada1, 25 May 2016 - 01:26 AM.

#7 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

question 1: is there a possibility to make the drop rate be change, what i mean is make the drop rate equal to character lv who can still get exp on  monster. EX: lv 65 would have the same drop rate vs 50 monster then a lv 50 player would against the same lv monster of is charater. The gap between charater and monster to get exp is 15 '' we are know it'' and we know the drop rate is getting a bit lower for each lv a character have between monster.

question 2: is there a possibility for you to fix the small bug with the Zillionaire medal that keep showing event if you have it all ready :p_hi:

question 3:now that the speed thing is fix more or less, it there a possibility to make weapon durability  goes down at a lower speed  for basic attack cause weapon tend to break vary fast ''basically for invoker and summoner or any class who use basic attack as primary DPS method.

(trolling Question) 4: just like almost player here ask it so for the fun of it i will do to> Want to have  more sneak peak of the Arcadia update :p_love: :p_hi:

Question 5: will there be a possible Beta test server made so player can help the staff with any new content not only Arcadia but all future content

Question 6: i know i love talking about guild stuff in there but this one is different. In Arcadia will there be a Guild Vault expansion item it been a long time since i want to have this item in the game. so pls don't skip this question XD i want a ''yes or no answer :p_hi:

question 7: will the Card  insurance scroll will be the next item to be sell able at the market and mail?

Edited by zirothos, 22 May 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#8 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Has the developer team ever considered rebuilding or completely making a new client for the game ? Not meaning in like a month or a year i mean more likely in a far future 2-3 years.

It would solve lots of problems like lag walks for pvp , all crashes etz :)

Edited by Kristof3195, 24 May 2016 - 10:21 AM.

#9 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

Has the developer team ever considered rebuilding or completely making a new client for the game ? Not meaning in like a month or a year i mean more likely in a far future 2-3 years.
It would solve lots of problems like lag walks for pvp , all crashes etz :)

By new client, you mean using a different code I guess ?

Because if that is so, it will take at least 3 years of development.

#10 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

By new client, you mean using a different code I guess ?

Because if that is so, it will take at least 3 years of development.

code and a new client engine. Yes I know it would take a lot of development just want to know if they ever considered with starting it meanwhile working on progress of small fixes after arcadia etz etz... 

#11 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

code and a new client engine. Yes I know it would take a lot of development just want to know if they ever considered with starting it meanwhile working on progress of small fixes after arcadia etz etz...

I don't think the answer to your question will be positive, for the simple reason that if they want to make a new client with a whole new language, it would be wise to completely stop coding the old client.

So they have the choices to either make a whole new client or to fix the current one. Doing both would be a waste of time.

#12 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

1. Since there will be element rework in game, is there a new damage/defense calculation?

2. I read that the element will have a lesser impact to pvp, why not remove elements? 

3. Since there will be new weapon is it worth it to get? Cause I think that it will fall in the same lvl range from 81-85 which we have pos +20.

#13 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

Spoiler

Are there Skill reworks planned? About power, animations or restrictions, whichever.

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 25 May 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

Rainnowx, your question was a bit late, but it has been asked already by someone else. I think I answered your question in the stream.

#15 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

If you missed the Q&A, you can watch it up on youtube now!

#16 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Rainnowx, your question was a bit late, [...].

I was quite aware of that '-'

Sometimes, my brain works really late XD

EDIT: Only saw and read Precrush's question right now, sorry XD

Edited by Rainnowx, 25 May 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#17 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:37 PM

nice thanks for answering my question, can't wait for the new damage calculation rework. 

#18 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

I was a little disappointed that the may moments weren't featured. A good friend of mine had a clip submitted.

#19 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:44 AM

Regarding that "old music" you mentioned in the Livestream...

Are we talking about this theme?

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:22 AM

I was a little disappointed that the may moments weren't featured. A good friend of mine had a clip submitted.

Ohh ye and I had the saddest day of my life!

#21 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:28 AM

Ohh ye and I had the saddest day of my life!

I secretly enjoyed it. Hehe! Just kidding, pal.
I think they just forgot. With Popcorn joining the stream and all, with that excitement.
@kenyizsu: yup. They were playing it at the end of the stream thanks to the viewers. :)

Edited by VModChimichanga, 26 May 2016 - 01:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users