Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016 - Page 4 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#76 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:44 AM

woe in classic loki would be fun if the time are also great for east/ south east asian players like those migrated from thor. as of now the sched is 4am sun and mondays. i hope warpportal will change at least one of it so that other time zones can also participate.

There was a topic on this subject a while ago. The problem was that if you alter the schedule would afeter many players and I do not think manages to come in another schedule ...

Edit: Maybe?? http://www.worldtime...16-6-20&sln=7-9

Edited by Xandyzor, 20 June 2016 - 04:54 AM.

#77 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

Fun Woe on sunday. The brawling vs snl was fun, and it also can help us improve as players.

Please disable Ghostring/Deviling for this last weekend. Let's see how it impacts the fights, instead of just making theories.

#78 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

Bumped out that I missed a fun woe due to school.

I can make it next Sunday if anyone wants +1 pally. Also agree with trying out disabling gr/dr

#79 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Fun Woe on sunday. The brawling vs snl was fun, and it also can help us improve as players.

Please disable Ghostring/Deviling for this last weekend. Let's see how it impacts the fights, instead of just making theories.

Aurora also had a lot of fun this weekend fighting SNL people. We had 5 more people than them but overall it was a pretty balanced fight. I too am curious to see how not having GR or DR would impact the war. I don't think it would be too much to ask for one more week of Event WoE given you all messed up the first week? Just food for thought.  :)

What made the WoE Fun? What Wasn't Fun?

#80 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

We arranged a more GvG oriented fighting(as much as possible for iro standards) against SnL. Positive points about it:

> it shows community still can do positive things by itself

> returning/ visiting of retired players

> good amount of action for 2 hours!

> fights were decent, with less one shot tools due to no gods/no mvps all types of damage played an important role. Hell, even grintooth's did some work!

Seriously, it's so much more fun when you have to actually play as a team to win fights. Not having to deal with different sources of damage capable of wiping an entire guild by their own (and are not available to everyone) really makes things more interesting. Coordinated and team oriented play was key to winning/putting up a good fight.

> disabling MP was not such a game changer because of the meta of woe 2 and the nature of gvg. I think I was one of the only players playing a stealth class and I had to reveal my position to attack anyway.

Negative points:

> we invited pretty much every guild/player, yet some of them chose not to take part. Not criticizing their choice itself but more variety of classes/playstyles and a third group in the fights would certainly be beneficial

> Some people complained about GR/DR, even when there wasnt that many of them around. I'll assume it was one of the things that made them have less fun.

Edit: Adding quote to clearly adress the post.

Edit2: Not gonna bite it.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 20 June 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#81 Aannunaki

Aannunaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Whatever

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

We arranged a more GvG oriented fighting(as much as possible for iro standards) against SnL. Positive points about it:

> it shows community still can do positive things by itself
> returning/ visiting of retired players
> good amount of action for 2 hours!
> fights were decent, with less one shot tools due to no gods/no mvps all types of damage played an important role. Hell, even grintooth's did some work!
Seriously, it's so much more fun when you have to actually play as a team to win fights. Not having to deal with different sources of damage capable of wiping an entire guild by their own (and are not available to everyone) really makes things more interesting. Coordinated and team oriented play was key to winning/putting up a good fight.
> disabling MP was not such a game changer because of the meta of woe 2 and the nature of gvg. I think I was one of the only players playing a stealth class and I had to reveal my position to attack anyway.

Negative points:
> we invited pretty much every guild/player, yet some of them chose not to take part. Not criticizing their choice itself but more variety of classes/playstyles and a third group in the fights would certainly be beneficial
> Some people complained about GR/DR, even when there wasnt that many of them around. I'll assume it was one of the things that made them have less fun.

What castles were competed over? Was the castle in which the battle took place even valued? What was at stake if the gvg was lost? Why do you need War times to arrange gvgs instead of competing for the prizes of WoE?

#82 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:03 PM

We played against rampage and for it being Father's Day I seen a good turn out from those that signed up on the sheet. Woe for the the first time since 2013 turned into a true team based game again.
Pros:
Team biased Class makeup matters
This raises the player /teamwork skill
Instead of relying on mvp/goditem damage
Cons :
Bombers not as effective due to ghost ring & devling still allowed to be used
Dexent geared champs had same problems killing peco classes at times

Over all those that attended loved it and are looking forward to hopefully 2more weeks of this setting and in the future this 3rd type of permantly

#83 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

The last WoE was really fun, had a good time fighting against Rampage & Roka. People lived longer and the fights were more organized than usual, a very significant drop in 1 shots that's for sure. Seemed like more people were online too.

#84 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

The Event WoE format of no MvP cards and No God items helped keep item discrepancies in check and fights lasted longer. It became less about gear and (since guilds were civil and communicated with each other) less about numbers and more about skill and teamwork. I know equipment isn't everything and there are counters to every piece of equipment, but it's undeniable that when I have my GR I can tank a ridiculous amount of bombs and tank most fists, versus when I don't have it I go down instantly if I'm not in pneuma or a blinding mist. When I have my GR I can be sloppy and tank a lot of damage, without it I actually need to be careful about my positioning and worry about playing defensively. With Mistress card I don't have to worry about running out of gems when I'm on scholar, which is HUGE. Without a Mistress carded headgear, it forces me to communicate with the other scholars in the event that I run out of gems and encourages us to be flexible with our roles. And truthfully, I don't think an occasional god item or mvp card are much of a gamechanger, but when guilds have MvP cards and god items out the whazoo (also keeping in mind classic's dreadfully low population) that's where things can get ridiculous. And unfortunately, that is reality of classic at this time. That's a whole different discussion altogether though, so I won't say anything else about that...

I realize that this sort of format changes the way some of us have to play, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a try. I'm pretty infamous for defaulting GR (lol) and disabling it would affect my playstyle, but I'd be interested to see how no GR/DR affects the WoE scene regardless. 

Edited by Ecclesio, 20 June 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#85 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Lets share some attendance numbers and get the facts!

Valhalla: 3

Edited by Xellie, 20 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#86 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

Rampage: 5

#87 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

RO2 also had 5.

Edited by Ramses, 20 June 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#88 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

haha RO2

#89 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

We played against rampage and for it being Father's Day I seen a good turn out from those that signed up on the sheet. Woe for the the first time since 2013 turned into a true team based game again.
Pros:
Team biased Class makeup matters
This raises the player /teamwork skill
Instead of relying on mvp/goditem damage
Cons :
Bombers not as effective due to ghost ring & devling still allowed to be used
Dexent geared champs had same problems killing peco classes at times

Over all those that attended loved it and are looking forward to hopefully 2more weeks of this setting and in the future this 3rd type of permantly

The last WoE was really fun, had a good time fighting against Rampage & Roka. People lived longer and the fights were more organized than usual, a very significant drop in 1 shots that's for sure. Seemed like more people were online too.

The difference that we play with a few, well disorganized. I arrived just in time to go to woe and failed to organize law.

Certainly Valk had a 10 while Rampage was 5 and several Alts.

I will try to organize better to have a 10 to match the amount.

#90 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:18 PM

The Event WoE format of no MvP cards and No God items helped keep item discrepancies in check and fights lasted longer. It became less about gear and (since guilds were civil and communicated with each other) less about numbers and more about skill and teamwork. I know equipment isn't everything and there are counters to every piece of equipment, but it's undeniable that when I have my GR I can tank a ridiculous amount of bombs and tank most fists, versus when I don't have it I go down instantly if I'm not in pneuma or a blinding mist. When I have my GR I can be sloppy and tank a lot of damage, without it I actually need to be careful about my positioning and worry about playing defensively. With Mistress card I don't have to worry about running out of gems when I'm on scholar, which is HUGE. Without a Mistress carded headgear, it forces me to communicate with the other scholars in the event that I run out of gems and encourages us to be flexible with our roles. And truthfully, I don't think an occasional god item or mvp card are much of a gamechanger, but when guilds have MvP cards and god items out the whazoo (also keeping in mind classic's dreadfully low population) that's where things can get ridiculous. And unfortunately, that is reality of classic at this time. That's a whole different discussion altogether though, so I won't say anything else about that...

I realize that this sort of format changes the way some of us have to play, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and give it a try. I'm pretty infamous for defaulting GR (lol) and disabling it would affect my playstyle, but I'd be interested to see how no GR/DR affects the WoE scene regardless. 

it would make bombs a really strong weapon since, for some reason, you can throw up to 5 bombs/sec which was impossible in the old pre-renewal servers.

#91 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

He is talking about a difference in server configuration, not gameplay.

TIL: one line = wall of text.

Edited by Xellie, 20 June 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#92 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

is there anything wrong in playing a vit scholar? lol

#93 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

You could just leave your grs/drs in storage. See how that goes

#94 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:14 AM

The difference that we play with a few, well disorganized. I arrived just in time to go to woe and failed to organize law.

Certainly Valk had a 10 while Rampage was 5 and several Alts.

I will try to organize better to have a 10 to match the amount.

Hi,

I watched our WoE vid and majority of our fights I'm counting 5-7 or 3-4 of us running after you guys. We had afk support alts on as well.

Example: When Rampage recalled behind us on left stone, we held it off with only 5 of us, 2 more of us joined the fight after it was already halfway over.

#95 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

Yeah it's good to clarify things like that about event woe for people to avoid mistaking influence of ruleset with attendance related issues, it's so common these days.

I care and I'm sure anyone taking this seriously and intending to help care too.

#96 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

Well I know for a fact that Rampage didn't have enough people to fight anything, one of our three guys filled in a bunch of classes for them then left.

I stood in nyd3 when i got online and watched the pre-arranged "fun" gvgs. Can I say they looked like something that belongs in a pvp practice room, not in WoE?

#97 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Well I know for a fact that Rampage didn't have enough people to fight anything, one of our three guys filled in a bunch of classes for them then left.

I stood in nyd3 when i got online and watched the pre-arranged "fun" gvgs. Can I say they looked like something that belongs in a pvp practice room, not in WoE?

ok so what do you think people should be doing in woe?

#98 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Off Topic posts removed opening the thread back up.

A calm discussion about attendance is fine for the topic as there is no WoE if people don't show up.

#99 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

ok so what do you think people should be doing in woe?

Not holding hands and singing kumbaya after a gentlemanly agreement not to break castles and dividing the loots.

#100 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

Not holding hands and singing kumbaya after a gentlemanly agreement not to break castles and dividing the loots.

There was no agreement to not break the castle. I dunno who told you that but it's incorrect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users