Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

patchnotebanner.png
Patch Notes May 23, 2016
Please note: Details are subject to change at any time.
Weekly Maintenance Time: 6pm-10pm PDT (~4 hours)

600_IndoMerger.png

Ragnarok 2 Indonesian players will be able to continue to register to merge!

After tonight's maintenance, any remaining players of Indonesia's Ragnarok 2 game can continue to register, merge, and play instantly in our server!

To do so, you simply need to sign up using our Ragnarok 2 Indonesia merge page here!

o1hmocX.png

Our May Lucky Box is on sale before it goes away!

Sale Period: May 23, 2016 - May 30, 2016

Grab your May Lucky Box before it's gone for another year!

May Lucky Box

SALE Price: 210 Kafra Points

jxQoLfA.png

Honing Items are on sale for one week!

Sale Period: May 23, 2016 - May 30, 2016

Get your honing in this week while these items are on sale!

ZJ5toxt.png

events.png

TI0msPt.jpg

Third Year Anniversary: Reflections

Event Period: May 16 - 30, 2016

It has been a whirlwind three years in Ragnarok 2, and to celebrate our anniversary we would like to reward you for sharing your memories of the game through a video reflection.

Entry Instructions

Entries will be in video format. 

To enter, record your character (or characters, a group of friends, or guild) while you answer the questions below. Essentially, you will be providing the voice-over or narration for the video of your character. 

Winners

The videos provided will be used to make a Ragnarok 2 Retrospective video. If sections of your video are selected to be featured in the official video, you will receive:

One of each:

3 Slot Upper, or Middle, or Lower Face accessory item of your choice

3 Slot Kafra or Swag or body costume item of your choice

Permanent Mount of your choice

Winners, to be eligible to claim your prize you will need to forward us the original video file (1080 or 720p quality). If possible, please upload videos to YouTube using the highest quality option available. 

Participation

Each participant will receive 1x Cheny's Sunshine Bundle (Contains Cheny's Sunshine Box 10ea, Cheny's Lucky Dye Box 1 ea)

Learn more about the event and how to enter by clicking here!

expbonus.jpg

We're celebrating our third anniversary by giving 500% Experience throughout May!

Event Period: May 1 - May 31, 2016

As you have probably all heard we are celebrating the 3rd Year Anniversary of Ragnarok Online 2 and we are hard at work trying to make sure the next year is better than ever.  

In the spirit of the things to come we are having a month long EXP Event.  That's right, some of you may have already noticed the massive boost to EXP, but just in case you missed it. 

May Scavenger Hunt

Event Period: May 1 - May 28, 2016

Each week, a theme will be revealed. You will need to search for things in the game that follow this theme, take a screenshot of it, and submit a forum PM to Vmod Salsa. At the end of the week, the screenshots will be collected and judged against each other. The more unqiue the item, the more points you get! Once judging is done, all screenshots will be posted along with their scores!

Rewards
"This sounds like a lot of work! What's in it for me?"

Rewards will be decided by a scale system based on uniqueness of object found. A perfect score would be a 5. For each extra person who also submits that item, each person receives 1 less point:
  • 1 person: 5 points each
  • 2 people: 4 points each
  • 3 people: 3 points each
  • 4 people: 2 points each
  • 5 people: 1 points each
  • 6+ people: 0 points each
Points can be redeemed for prizes in a way similar to Trivia. Please see the chart below:

ZYbrcbD.png

Check out the event topic for more details!

Rune-Midgarts Tourism Guidebook

Event Period: May 6 - May 31, 2016

Do you have a location in Ragnarok 2 that you absolutely love? Or maybe you have a type of location that you love, which are in different actual locations. Either way, the Prontera Travel Agency is looking for volunteers to write guides for their new Tourism Guidebook. They will, of course, reward those who provide usable guides. But more about that later.

What we need is a guide for a specific location that you really enjoy visiting. We need you to show us (with screenshots) and tell us (in writing) why you love it so much. If you have several locations you like that follow a theme (forests, rivers, towns, so on), you can write a guide like that instead.

The Prontera Travel Agency has prepared some examples for you to view, so you can see what we're looking for.

Mt Mjolnir Academy Guide

Skies of Rune-Midgarts

Rewards

• There will be 4 Grand Prize winners. From each category, there will be one (1) each: "Best Guide" and "Staff Favorite". We will pick "Best Guide" based on presentation of screenshots and writing. "Staff Favorite" will be the guide we like best out of the remaining entries.
  • Grand Prize winners will get a Permanent Mount of your choice
  • All quality entries will receive Cheny's Sunshine Box

Professor.jpg

Gretel's Handy Dandy Monster Manual

Professor Gretel needs your help! 

Recently, while going through her library she noticed some bugs have eaten away at her precious books.  All that knowledge has been lost! She must recreate a new comprehensive library of all the wonderful creatures of Midgard, but this time around she is feeling particularly inspired.  She wants to create the best comprehensive compendium of knowledge Midgard has ever seen!

And she needs your help to do it!

Starting today all Midgardians are urged to give a helping hand in creating this wonderful book.  Don't worry it isn't all on charity. 

Gretel has collections of completed DNA and Random DNA Boxes that she will be happy to give away for your contributions. 

For every monster she will need:

Name: 

Level:

EXP

HP:

MP:

Aggressive:

Map Location: 

Map:

Drops: 

Quests: 

Other:

And a close up image of reported creature!

Example of how this information may be used: 

Flipcard.jpg

Also do not feel limited to what is here.  If there is more information you believe would assist future adventurer's feel free to add it in the "other" section.  This could include dangerous attacks, commentary the monster says, etc.

Rewards

1st Entry: Complete DNA of Choice

Following Entries: Random DNA Box

#2 Dream00

Dream00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

Nothing new :(

#3 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

LOL i can see whos the winner for the video event 

even before it started 

Edited by walk3r, 23 May 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#4 SavinoWp

SavinoWp

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

nerfing 3s purple costumes ? 

nerfing battle tactic ?

create another Diamond huting system ?

Class balance ?

Something along the lines ? (Time to keep getting one shotted 500K for at least a week)

Edited by SavinoWp, 23 May 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#5 Sealt

Sealt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:25 PM

Nice honing sale, was about to buy stuff at regular price today :3

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

When WP got the source from the devs, did they also get any work in progress (class balance, standby character fix, etc.)?

Or is WP starting over from scratch?

#7 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

When WP got the source from the devs, did they also get any work in progress (class balance, standby character fix, etc.)?

Or is WP starting over from scratch?

I believe the biggest work in progress content they got from the Gravity devs was Niflheim, which will be the next map presumably for ML 45.

#8 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

nerfing 3s purple costumes ? 

nerfing battle tactic ?

create another Diamond huting system ?

Class balance ?

Something along the lines ? (Time to keep getting one shotted 500K for at least a week)

why nerf battle tactics? it is like making most knights in game more useless .. >.<

#9 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

why nerf battle tactics? it is like making most knights in game more useless .. >.<

Because that skill make all other char useless, swordman rule the game along with thief.

#10 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Because that skill make all other char useless, swordman rule the game along with thief.

knights have nothing for DPS without BT ... 

warriors on the other hand.. well they have tons of other stuff even without BT

#11 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

I have a warrior and I assure you i don't "rule the game", one SM kill me all the time in COLO. 

giphy_zpsrcq6vpqg.gif

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 23 May 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#12 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

With BT, knights maxed Shield Boomerang make Captain America throwing his vibranium shield look like a wuss

#13 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

Knight is a natural tank in first place, not the main dps. Compare knight with other tank like beastmaster and monk. Does that other two have imba dps like knight now? Bet you that even without bt knight will still be superior than other two.

#14 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

Knight is a natural tank in first place, not the main dps. Compare knight with other tank like beastmaster and monk. Does that other two have imba dps like knight now? Bet you that even without bt knight will still be superior than other two.

I main a knight since 2013.. I have tanked all raids dungeons pre ML .. BMs have huge HP buffer and self heals .. Monks have crazy def and can 1 shot mobs as well. Warriors.. wars have everything good going for them. For knights, to be a decent knight IMO you have to be a well-geared one.

I know how hard it is to tank when the DPS in your raid party will out aggro you because you cant do decent damage.. even now, rangers, sins, sorc and wiz and even priest will out aggro you when you tank raids. The chance crit spike is just something that we look forward to. Not that people raid here anymore anyways. Most players understand raids now as 1 high ML character soloing PVE arena for FF title while everybody waits on the side.

Other classes like sins and sorcs can 1 shot people, ranger DOTs are op too... Priest and Wiz DOTs are more scary than BT were swordie class miss more and crit is like a lottery .. IMO .. SMs can one shot as well ...

#15 BryanToh

BryanToh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Copy and paste lol wait for next week :yawn:

Throwing pizza in PVP map is the best time to do  :heh:

Edited by BryanToh, 23 May 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#16 Rhein14

Rhein14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

So you tanked since 2013 huh, haven't you heard the Provoke skill and mass provoke of knights? You can steal the aggro with that. And OMG Capt Murica I love it   :V  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

#17 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

So you tanked since 2013 huh, haven't you heard the Provoke skill and mass provoke of knights? You can steal the aggro with that. And OMG Capt Murica I love it   :V  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

You cannot spam provoke and mass provoke on a constant basis.. and even with provoke a ranger will steal aggro within a few seconds and that chance crit heal from priest and while provoke and mass provoke on CD. Having that constant  crit spike especially with shield boomerang actually contains mobs to me along with GC .. and these skills don't do much damage or really be effective in CC without BT in place.

Edited by VanS3n, 23 May 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#18 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

i always lol so hard on those people butthurt saying to nerf about BT. is not BT the problem here please.

i play swordman > war since OBT at SEA. it was never BT make us become imba(or used to) is the update that make BT become unstoppable

eg; +80 rune, cls rune, card and so on, normal decent war/knight now have atleast 2.5k int so yeah it was and never BT will be problem

i remember back than is fun to play anyway class w/o those rune.

and what? what r u saying? nerf BT on war/knight? if u want to nerf BT, nerf all those DoT class as well.

just look at any raid now JDQ/WL H, most of the 3/4th threat holder is either crec or priest. if u never BT what we gonna use to tank? keep on provoke?

just a sec of threat change will screw the whole raid and prov hv cd, and yet other keep yelling "prov" "prov" while you all over threat us LOL

or yeah i play both war and knight

for the one who say if take away BT, knight leave with nothing and war still have alot of dps? what?

tell me what r u talking about? with the new gear since eddga both war and knight lost tons of agi from gear. if u dont put agi rune or hone a normal serenia war/knight only have less then 1k agi.

so yeah if u all plan on nerf BT, you should not have implement those +80 rune and cls at the first place  

Edited by walk3r, 23 May 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#19 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Other classes like sins and sorcs can 1 shot people, ranger DOTs are op too... Priest and Wiz DOTs are more scary than BT were swordie class miss more and crit is like a lottery .. IMO .. SMs can one shot as well ...

hahaha u want to get 1 hit from a swordie? u better pray, with the lack of agi in gear dont hope u can crit all the time.

but well if u r rich enough to keep on honing and scrub till a prefect hone and keep 2 set of gear, yes dont hope u can get crit in war/knight 

#20 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

i always lol so hard on those people butthurt saying to nerf about BT. if not BT the problem here please.

i play swordman > war since OBT at SEA. it was never BT make us become imba(or used to) is the update that make BT become unstoppable

eg; +80 rune, cls rune, card and so on, normal decent war/knight hv atleast 2.5k int so yeah it was and never BT will be problem

i remember back than is fun to play anyway class w/o those rune.

and what? what r u saying? nerf BT on war/knight? if u want to nerf BT, nerf all those DoT class as well.

just look at any raid now JDQ/WL H, most of the 3/4th threat holder is either crec or priest. if u never BT what we gonna use to tank? keep on provoke?

just a sec of threat change will screw the whole raid and prov hv cd, and yet other keep yelling "prov" "prov" while you all over threat us LOL

or yeah i play both war and knight

for the one who say if take away BT, knight leave with nothing and war still have along of dps? what?

tell me what r u talking about? with the new gear since eddga both war and knight lost tons of agi from gear. if u dont put agi rune or hone a normal serenia war/knight only hv less then 1k agi.

so yeah if u all plan on nerf BT, you should not have implement those +80 rune and cls at the first place  

this

and kinda biased on the war thing.. hahahaha .. but yeah .. we actually do need to invest on runes and stuff to be decent at higher levels. Stat wise and gear wise I always saw Wars have better things than knight, I just came back here and I still have to try out the newer gears in game. Then maybe my opinion will change.

reason I stick to my hybrid build.. I actually have agi and int and not go full int or full vit like everybody suggested

ML gear actually messed it mostly.. since pre ML BT actually is fairly decent

#21 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

hahaha u want to get 1 hit from a swordie? u better pray, with the lack of agi in gear dont hope u can crit all the time.

but well if u r rich enough to keep on honing and scrub till a prefect hone and keep 2 set of gear, yes dont hope u can get crit in war/knight 

I actually have agi on stats and runed in gears... Im fairly an old player who just came back here and I choose to keep my stats the same. I'm not full int or full vit or full str like most people tell is the best build now.

#22 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

I main a knight since 2013.. I have tanked all raids dungeons pre ML .. BMs have huge HP buffer and self heals .. Monks have crazy def and can 1 shot mobs as well. Warriors.. wars have everything good going for them. For knights, to be a decent knight IMO you have to be a well-geared one.

eum, but isn't both bm and monk got low dps comparing to swordies atm? and monks got only one "oneshotting" skill with -_- long cd and can miss. bm got bit better dps than monk but no high def and dmg reduc like monk or knight (well they got one, but can't do anything while using this skill)

and yep, on dps test with knight, warrior, monk and beastmaster swordies still got higher dps even without BT (or test version of bt which makes next three attacks (hits) 100% crit). difference between knight and warrior dps is very slight

tests were made with clean eddga set just with self buffs on fp mobs or boss (i dont remember)

just let game be fair for everyone, not only for your main class

and if want to have higher dps go main your warrior lol dun qq here bout bt

#23 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

nothing to say on BM, they only look good on HP,

WHAT? seriously u just say that? what the hack did i just read LOL

have u ever see the monk evil kenevil from the famous guild? and the monk that always win colo (i been in colo with that monk) from some spanyol or brazilian guild???? 

this

and kinda biased on the war thing.. hahahaha .. but yeah .. we actually do need to invest on runes and stuff to be decent at higher levels. Stat wise and gear wise I always saw Wars have better things than knight, I just came back here and I still have to try out the newer gears in game. Then maybe my opinion will change.

reason I stick to my hybrid build.. I actually have agi and int and not go full int or full vit like everybody suggested

ML gear actually messed it mostly.. since pre ML BT actually is fairly decent

anyway BT was never the problem and it will never be just the update are LOL haha

#24 Althen

Althen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Well a point to remember is that they are trying to figure out if the skill its self needs to be balanced in regards to both PvP and PvE. While it does need to remain a viable method of keeping agro while tanking it becomes a problem for PvP. Changing the skill for one use in an easy manner could completely destroy any use in the other area.

If the skill its self is left alone then it would require creating specialized gear specifically for PvP; this then would require coding that prevents certain gears in the Colosseum in the first place, and the view of readjusting runes have come multiple times.

#25 BryanToh

BryanToh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

since BT not a problem just remove it lol :wah:

P.S Pizza not just one shot ...Pizza is like Ping Bong ball can bounce 10 Target !!!!!!

If all got critical = 10 one Shot? :wah:

Colosseum got different setting :p_laugh:

Edited by BryanToh, 23 May 2016 - 08:02 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users