#1 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

So yesterday I bought a +9 Vanargand for my GX, thought it'd be a good replacement for my quad malicious jur, so I can finally use my Chakram for leveling. It was bad at procing HP leech, but very good at SP. I never ran out of SP.

My question is, should I keep the Vana and just put Hunter Fly cards on my Chakram? Or sell it, buy a Rideword hat, and just use my moonlight daggers like I always did for SP regen?

Any advice would be appreciated!

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

Do not use a Chakram when leveling. A GX's main skill for leveling should be rolling cutter, and a GX's Katar for RC is Thanatos katar.

Chakram is exclusively for critting MvPs, dont put HF cards there!

#3 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Do not use a Chakram when leveling. A GX's main skill for leveling should be rolling cutter, and a GX's Katar for RC is Thanatos katar.

Chakram is exclusively for critting MvPs, dont put HF cards there!

Yes, I am using RC for leveling. It's just that I can't still use a Thanatos katar because I'm just 113.

But of course I can use my Chakram while I still don't have any alternatives. I'm also thinking of using it as my RC and Crit weapon.

Edited by divinemanwah, 23 May 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'd suggest not putting HF cards into the Chakram and instead either buying a malicious blood tears or malicious Krishna. If you plan to use the Chakram to crit MVPs and the like, then you'll want either AK or Aunoe cards in it, and putting HF cards will devalue and effectively nullify the real point of that weapon. 

Conversely, you could just wait it out 7 levels til 120.

You can also supplement with the malicious shadow set for now. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 23 May 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#5 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

When I was leveling my gx, I pretty much defaulted a +7 Inverse Scale FS13. Worked wonders for me. Hang in there till you're level 120, then +9 Thana (malicious).

Whatever you're going to be spending, wont be used ever again after you can equip the Thana Katar.

#6 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

So is malicious thana > quad malicious jur in terms of hp leech? I also don't get it why the +9 vana is not leeching that much hp  :( though I like it very much for unlimited sp

Edited by divinemanwah, 23 May 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#7 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

So is malicious thana > quad malicious jur in terms of hp leech? I also don't get it why the +9 vana is not leeching that much hp  :( though I like it very much for unlimited sp

in lower level, quad mali will keep you survive since it proc more often

in higher level, mali thana will be enough since you'll have high aspd & damage to get decent leech from one hf

#8 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

Is a double malicious chakram really a bad idea? :(

Or maybe hunter fly + aunoe combo? Have anyone tried that?

#9 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:43 AM

Can a MOD help move this to the Thief class forum? I just realized I posted at the wrong place  :heh:

#10 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:25 AM

Between Vana and RWH, i suggest you to use RWH. It leech more HP, and RC is a spam skill, so it proc often enough for the low SP cost of RC.

You might miss some SP sometimes, but when you will be able to get a Thana katar, it gonna be effective enough.

~~ Advice time !

If you haven't enough SP leech at your level with a RWH or anything else, you can take a Lucius Armor (Fire) with a Earth Deleter Card for SP leech and go farm Nogg 2 with BB's.

Don't put mali in your chakram.

Krishna is a good option with "sin handcuff for the ATK bonus. Or 4 mali jur for maximum survability.

Chakram is not the right weapon to RC leech :c

#11 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Between Vana and RWH, i suggest you to use RWH. It leech more HP, and RC is a spam skill, so it proc often enough for the low SP cost of RC.

You might miss some SP sometimes, but when you will be able to get a Thana katar, it gonna be effective enough.

~~ Advice time !

If you haven't enough SP leech at your level with a RWH or anything else, you can take a Lucius Armor (Fire) with a Earth Deleter Card for SP leech and go farm Nogg 2 with BB's.

Don't put mali in your chakram.

Krishna is a good option with "sin handcuff for the ATK bonus. Or 4 mali jur for maximum survability.

Chakram is not the right weapon to RC leech :c

Thanks for your advice! I'm thinking of being hybrid CRIT + RC build so that's why I thought of putting HFs on the Chakram.

Initially, this was my plan:

- 2 x HF for HP leech

- Fighting Spirit enchant for RC damage

- and Chakram + Assassin Handcuffs combo for the CRIT damage

Yes, i know everybody advices me to just use a Thanatos katar, but I want to know other possibilities (like my plan above) :)

If many will say that this is really 100% bad idea, I will not continue with it. But maybe, just maybe, someone already tried (and I have seen a couple on Ragial) HF cards on a Chakram with FS enchant. I would like to know their opinion too.

Either way, I'm just 5 levels away from getting my own Thanatos katar and if I like it, then goodbye to my Chakram combo dreams  :heh:

OR how about I sell my Vanargand and get a RWH instead, and still use my Chakram (without HF cards)?

Edited by divinemanwah, 24 May 2016 - 02:12 AM.

#12 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:35 AM

Get a RWH instead of Vana will proc more HP and less SP. But you'll still be HP-pots reliant without others leech stuff.

I think people selling their Mali Chakram was in the same position.

BUT if you put your HF cards into the chakram, at your level 120, your chakram will be useless :

For RC, you'll use the thana and for solo, you'll use a less effective than average chakram.

For longer terms, i suggest you to keep your chakram clean (or without HF) to have a better CRIT option instead of buy another one.

And a one HF + another card Chakram is the worst option in my opinion.

If you can't exp without these HF cards, you can buy a 4x mali jur or a 2x mali krishna (with FS) for your 5 last levels and keep you chakram for solo crit purpose. Or just put your Hunter Fly card in your chakram. But you know the risk c:

~~ Another advice time

Maybe you could invest into a succubus pet (~20m), or/and a blood sucker if you have 500m to spend into it. x_x

Edited by Xiaten, 24 May 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#13 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

Can a MOD help move this to the Thief class forum? I just realized I posted at the wrong place  :heh:

It's done.

#14 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

... or/and a blood sucker if you have 500m to spend into it. x_x

Yeah, I would like to try that too but it's too pricey at the moment  :heh:

Pretty good points.

Btw, I already have a 4x mali jur and it's combo with the +9 vana is pretty awesome, but I'm starting to think I'm losing on damage, thus the switch to a Chakram. Bye bye jur means no HP leech.

#15 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, I would like to try that too but it's too pricey at the moment :heh:

Pretty good points.

Btw, I already have a 4x mali jur and it's combo with the +9 vana is pretty awesome, but I'm starting to think I'm losing on damage, thus the switch to a Chakram. Bye bye jur means no HP leech.

tbh, you dont need anything else, just use jur till you comfortable enough using mali thana. use your funds for poison bottle.

Edited by folkvangr, 24 May 2016 - 02:56 AM.

#16 NormalPeople

NormalPeople

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Thor /Chaos, mostly Thor

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

personal advice :
its better to put aunoe card / paper card on chakram,since it can boost your crit damage up to 40%(or 80% with assasins handcuff)

And be patient :D :D you will get thana katar soon :D

#17 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:05 AM

If you need HP leech then keep your quad mali jur.

I had a Quad mali jur before my double mali krishna and i know that feeling of losing on damage.

You'll leech more HP with your quad mali jur than with a double mali chakram.

I'm 115 too and i'm so hurried to get my thana too xD

If your combo mali jur + vana works well, keep this one.

But i think you should sell your vana to get a +9 RWH when you'll reach the level 120.

Thanatos katar's leeching SP so the Vana's extra SP leech compared with the RWH's leech will be useless. And more HP leech is always welcome :D

(omg so much "leech" in the same phrase o.o)

Edited by Xiaten, 24 May 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#18 SuuHyemee

SuuHyemee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

hello all... i'm new to the the server... currently i'm on the way to change to SInX... and this is my first main character

My question is: as a newbie, what is the first weapon of choice (low budget,cheap coz newbie) to start a GX with? should i get a krishna or just tripple mali jur? or any other alternative?

and yes i will be getting RWH from the kafra shop later as well... this is preparation for my GX later... i like to plan first n get the item done so it will be smooth sailing later

#19 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

hello all... i'm new to the the server... currently i'm on the way to change to SInX... and this is my first main character

My question is: as a newbie, what is the first weapon of choice (low budget,cheap coz newbie) to start a GX with? should i get a krishna or just tripple mali jur? or any other alternative?
and yes i will be getting RWH from the kafra shop later as well... this is preparation for my GX later... i like to plan first n get the item done so it will be smooth sailing later

I think the jur is cheaper than the krishna. Try with the 3x mali jur first before buying a RWH, the HP leech from it might be enough for you. If you're concerned with SP, the cheaper way is to have 2 moonlight daggers (cheaper in the sense of buying a RWH) and use them when you need to restore SP.

#20 Kisukiwi

Kisukiwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChile, Puerto Montt

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

Or buy a undead knight F and card ir on a overupgraded faceworm skin :D

#21 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:24 PM

You should take the triple malicious jur. It's cheap and the HP leech is effective.

RWH is needed.

This should be efficient for HP leech. Later, if you need more, you can buy a Succubus pet (~23m on ragial now).

If you need SP leech, instead of switch with 2 moonlight daggers, you can take a undead knight F card on a slotted Garment (+20SP when killing a mob), or a Earth Deleter Card on a slotted armor (+10SP when killing a mob) or both (overkilled IMO). Or the Incubus pet (~20m)

#22 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

Yeah I agree with the Incubus pet. I was using it and never had my SP fall below 50%. Although I fell asleep and it ran away because of hunger.  :heh:

#23 turtlegame

turtlegame

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:14 AM

How about using 3mali jur + Pirate Folly for a cheaper equips, before buying +9 RWH?

#24 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

How about using 3mali jur + Pirate Folly for a cheaper equips, before buying +9 RWH?

Never tried that before, but reading from it's description, it seems like a nice alternative. Let's wait and see what others think.

#25 Xiaten

Xiaten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

I didn't know the existence of this hat..

I don't know the proc rate but it looks to be a good trade-off.

Edited by Xiaten, 06 June 2016 - 06:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users