A suggestion for the chat system and emotes. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A suggestion for the chat system and emotes.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

So currently when you start typing something in the chat your character does the wave emote. Now this means any previous emote you were doing such as sit or sleep gets cancelled. This really destroys my chatting experience sometimes, so I think it should be removed  :P

Also, if you happen to have text that prompts an emote in what ever you wrote it also cancels sigh, the dances, sit and so on. For example saying "Want a hint" triggers the wave emote, because "hint" has the world "hi" in it. So if it'd also be possible to make emotes only happen when a specific thing was said, for example "Hello", "Hi" or "Hello there" and not in any other case where those might be mixed in to a sentence (earlier example), that'd be nice too.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

And also remove that wave emote that only your client sees when you enable the chat every 30 seconds.

#3 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

would also prefer just to have the emotes when you use the certain command. Back then there was a time it only activated when you hit /[command] (hi, sit, ...).

The thing with canceling your command because of the always appearing wave emoticon is also a bit annoying.

Also I'd prefer a saving of the chat color like back then so when you switch to other chats (trade, group, guild) and you have choosen a special color in any chat before this color will be saved up until log out or restarting the client (as far as I know the client saves the chat color because when I switch a character the color and the last used chat is saved no matter what)

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

That's debatable though because I recon some people will like how the character does wave if you say Hi or cries if you say Cry. That way the emote and text you typed are neatly tied together and you don't have to do them separately. So that's why I presented it as I did, but ofc either way goes.

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

That's debatable though because I recon some people will like how the character does wave if you say Hi or cries if you say Cry.

Just burn them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users