#1 spin123

spin123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

Having a really hard time doing the warlock Job-change quest at the part where you are in the room fighting the monsters, I am always getting completely and utterly obliterated. Please give advice if you can and help I really want a warlock but are about to drop him off the face of the earth. HighWizzard Stats: HP:6219 Str:1 SP:3076 Agi:1 Vit:40 Int:99 Dex:91 Luk:7 Equips: +4 Anti-Magic Turkey On Head [1] Release of Wish Claire Suits Valkyrja's Shield Cat Hand Glove Spell Flow Silversmith Bracelet

#2 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:41 PM

I think I did this by freezing them using Storm Gust or Frost Nova and then using one of the chain lightning things they give you to kill off some. Try using Safety Wall too if you have it. Been awhile since I did the warlock job change though @__@;;

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

This topic might give you some ideas, good luck.

#4 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

use storm gust level 1 and use the 3rd job skill according to their elements to finish them off.

#5 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

be very prepared, use a ton of consumables :D

HP Increase Potion(Large), Red Trans candy, coldproof potion, ranked condensed potions, or fresh fish(alberta).

for gears you can get an aqua(swordfish) armor, survivor's rod, platinum shield,  survivor's manteau, vali's manteau, variant shoes or vidar's boots.

token of siegfried too from the wiki.

canc arry up to 89% weight so you can prepare lots of things.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 28 May 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#6 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Really impressive, no healing clip, no undercast, no nimble clip, no tele clip and you capable to manage become a HW 99/70.

From my personal experience, I work on my EQP first, very internal acc such (healing,tele,undercast, and nimble), sharpening my ability to control my character (playing skill), so I can manage to become a Warlock and leveling my WL without a problem.

#7 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

"Spell Flow Silversmith Bracelet" afaik it is bloody butterfly carded bracelet, which has same effect as phen but cheaper :p_swt:

uhm you might want to change the armor, it's too heavy, and change the weapon into something slightly stronger like SoD

you can bring your friend to help you to tank, as long as you are the one who killed the monsters the item will still be able to drop :p_idea:

#8 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

get an Orlean's Gown and throw away that Spell Flow Silversmith Bracelet or feed it to the porings.

get TSOD and use that Valk shield. Card it with Hodremlin & you dont have to swap shield later.

#9 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Sorry for necroing, but I had to post it! Yep you can do it with the most basic equips! Pardon for the weapon though :P

https://youtu.be/Xxm0SSomOg0

*flies away

#10 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

Nice Video. The struggle was real. XD Basic equips AND a +12 GDS.

They should give you a Jack Frost scroll instead of the Frost Myst one. It would make the quest way more palatable.

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:10 AM

Nice Video. The struggle was real. XD Basic equips AND a +12 GDS.

They should give you a Jack Frost scroll instead of the Frost Myst one. It would make the quest way more palatable.

Remember, the quest for warlockhood was implemented before balance patch which nerfed FM to the ground, and FM was favoured most for the detrimental effects freezing status grants rather than damage.

I agree they should update it though to have JF stones instead.

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

LOL, I didn't play renewal back then. I stopped playing Ragnarok before renewal, and played for some 6 months in a private server, invited by my former guildies, at 2010 or 2011, I can't remember, just to see what they did with the game. Don't know why I didn't think back then of coming to iRO, since I had left bRO for a few years at that time, and it wasn't my intention to return seriously to Ragnarok. So, basically, I don't even know the differences between the former and the current versions of Frost Myst, or whatever skills.

I remember that this p-server didn't have Mora gears, and when I came to iRO (in november or december 2015) with a few friends (most have quit) I was mesmerized by skills such as Cart Cannon and Arrow Storm, that didn't exist at that server, at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users