Why are Paris wings that much better then BDL Wings? - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Why are Paris wings that much better then BDL Wings?

13 replies to this topic

#1 ThePandor

ThePandor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:21 AM

Hey,

i already know its because of the defense, everyone tells me that.

They give 4000 defense more right?

But why are 4000 defense better then 40% CDM, 23% Crit Rate and 11% Aim Rate? (Those are the highest i found)

Does 4000 Defense block exactly 4000 DMG? Or how do i calculate this?

Would be nice if someone could explain it exactly.

Thanks~

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hey,

i already know its because of the defense, everyone tells me that.

They give 4000 defense more right?

But why are 4000 defense better then 40% CDM, 23% Crit Rate and 11% Aim Rate? (Those are the highest i found)

Does 4000 Defense block exactly 4000 DMG? Or how do i calculate this?

Would be nice if someone could explain it exactly.

Thanks~

Actually, the Paris' Wings starts off with a high amount of defense and 25 % C.Damage, so that's only 15 % less than BDL Wings.

IMO, I won't say that Paris' Wings are much better than BDL wings, it's just that people look for the higher numbers, and many people are too lazy to farm Elga.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 28 May 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Well in my mind paris wings are the best defensive wings, and hero pos wings are the best offensive (crit, cdmg AND high def). So there's not a big amount of people that elga wings would be the best for I think

#4 ThePandor

ThePandor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Well in my mind paris wings are the best defensive wings, and hero pos wings are the best offensive (crit, cdmg AND high def). So there's not a big amount of people that elga wings would be the best for I think

Pos wings have only 13% CDMG and Evade Rate, dont they? Thats not pretty high, and they dont got crit rate too.

#5 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

PoS Wings' Option(s) "follow(s)" the same "rule" as BDL's; in other words, the numbers can be the same for a ±4% (approx') difference.

PoS is as efficient as BDL, but gives more DEF/MDEF.

#6 ThePandor

ThePandor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

PoS Wings' Option(s) "follow(s)" the same "rule" as BDL's; in other words, the numbers can be the same for a ±4% (approx') difference.

PoS is as efficient as BDL, but gives more DEF/MDEF.

Oh okey, didnt knew this.

Means pos are the best all in one?

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Oh okey, didnt knew this.

Means pos are the best all in one?

Pretty much.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

The only exception to Paris vs PoS is if you run max defenses with 6* resist cards. That however also uses PoS gloves and Shoes. The benefit is the highest possible defenses for max resist values. This is a strategy some end game mages are running to reach absurd resist values whilst running 38-40k Physical and 30k+ magic defense. However that is a case for the richer players as it literally requires majority of your set be 6* dual or 4 ele resists

#9 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

The only exception to Paris vs PoS is if you run max defenses with 6* resist cards. That however also uses PoS gloves and Shoes. The benefit is the highest possible defenses for max resist values. This is a strategy some end game mages are running to reach absurd resist values whilst running 38-40k Physical and 30k+ magic defense. However that is a case for the richer players as it literally requires majority of your set be 6* dual or 4 ele resists

I like pos wings because they are part of the whole set not as paris wings and elga wings. so you have more possibilities.

Some people at this server choose paris wings instead pos ones, maybe coz they struggle to get the cdmg option, maybe for the higher def. But i would choose the pos ones (regardless the special options) because this way i can use elga/secma boots/gloves for more ms/as at my character. Depending on the class tho.

For ninja i can recommend to take the pos wings and to replace the shoes with other ones so you can reach higher movementspeed without losing the ele resistance effect.

Just pvp things tho, at pve take the ones which give you a higher dmg output.

#10 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Even if Paris' Wings give the highest amount of defense, PoS wings give already enough to fulfill your needs and like what has been said earlier, it gives more possibility, either from being swifter, or to get more health aswell.

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

Even if Paris' Wings give the highest amount of defense, PoS wings give already enough to fulfill your needs and like what has been said earlier, it gives more possibility, either from being swifter, or to get more health aswell.

That's the general opinion. What I stated (Paris wings w/ PoS Gloves and Shoes) requires large amounts of 6* element resistance and is really only useful for PvP on characters that are supposed to tank and survive large amounts of damage. Typically set up on a mage. Basically it's a super-expensive tank setup on PvP only and really only for endgame battlesquaring where you're with a premade group using Summoner DPS as a crowd control mage.

#12 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Don't matter, either way we slice the pie Pos set wins. We need to remember that 6 pieces are required to obtain 5.2% final crt increase, 2600 resistant four element, and increase 65% resistant for a set of 6 pos. So, either get 6 pieces pos and never look back until arcadia comes or be ready to get wrecked. You have 1 choice to exchange from pos set, either gloves or boots, depend on your class. If you are a fighter a close combat fighter with multi-combos, you don't need attack speed, but if you need attack speed, be aware the server has been maxed out at 268, I believe that was the last number.

Anyways Paris wings suck, they used to be the best before element were introduce, but if you want to cap at 70-74 level than is the best wings you can get. I cap a Twin in 70-74 for bsq, so it depends on your purpose.

#13 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Paris wings is just for high resist builds nothing more. It gives the highest defense and the other POS pieces give higher defense than the alternatives IE: Secmanthian boots and/or gloves or Elga boots and/or gloves. In total that's the best defensive base option with lunar rings equipped. Not to mention you need to take advantage of the "surprisingly" large amount of grade 6 4 element 6 star resist cards in the game now.

Edited by ohsnap, 13 June 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#14 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:45 AM

Yah basically what he said, it's probably better stat wise to go the 1 secmathian peice +rest pos if you aren't going full defense for the maximum resist option. I can get near 35k resist in all 4 elements using this method, but I lose the atk spd or mspd boost from the sec peice.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users