Renewal June 2nd Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal June 2nd Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
510 replies to this topic

#51 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

Invalid Argument ^

if people can't handle with the mob of weekly TIs, there are many options outside it like scaraba, Mora, El Discastes, Nightmare Clock Tower, Abyss Lake Dungeon and many others. Also remember this month there is double exp which makes the things easier for those who think what only you can level fast doing gramps TIs.

So what you're saying is punish a mass majority of the community to appeal to only a few?!?!  Not everyone can afford MVP cards or high end gears to handle KK's.  Have you fought a mob of KK's along with other monsters coming towards your party?  It does not turn out pretty!!  If you want to go hunt KK's, why dont you go to Bio3 and let the majority of the community have something better than KK to hunt in high ti.

#52 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

nice idea. would be kinda cool to have nightmare TI maps. but it might defeat the purpose of bounty boards, depending on your perspective.

Err... the >>:heh:<< was there to indicate that it was a joke. :P It would be nice, though, if there was a TI with a rotation of NCT, GH Hard and Gold Scaraba monsters, even without the TI exp (or with something like 50% TI exp, no base/job distribution instead of how things are today), though, again, it was meant to be a joke and nothing more.

also i feel what you're saying. the game is still really bottlenecked w/ recycled turnins right now. gramps created a 'spoonfed community'. it's there, it's easy, 'let's just take this route'. people wind up farming it and finding more drops than there are players that would need those drops - which puts a dent in market prices. it's also takes away the feeling of getting to know people. do a turnin, who cares who you party with as long as you get it done, right? not to mention gramps parties are constantly having to re-shuffle because one person playing an important character finishes TI and just leaves for w/e reason, often resulting in the rest of the party having to wait or reform.

the real question is, by altering gramps in any way, will RO lose more community or will it stabilize?

Actually, almost everyone I know in this game was met in Gramps TIs. I don't think it doesn't incentive socialization, maybe you (or whoever) are just not up to it when leveling. It doesn't apply to everyone. Though, that part of waiting for a party and having to shuffle constantly because people are selfish and don't wait for the others to finish really sucks. And I think puting biolabs monsters in TI incentivate this kind of behavior. Nobody wants to lose exp, and what kills you more than a huge mob of bio 4 monsters? This point is something that I think the GMs REALLY should think about.

#53 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

KK is easier than Eremes lol

Oh and it serves as a warming for bio4 :v

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 June 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#54 Potatold

Potatold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

Edit: Sounds too accusing sorry :c. How did you guys deal with KKs in ET then? Just die continuously to pass that level? 

Cause Elemental armors, Silversmith Bracelet, Proof pots and a class called Sorcerer does exist (wait hours for bio4 party and not enough patience for a high TI?).

Edited by Potatold, 02 June 2016 - 10:17 AM.

#55 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Go level up elsewhere? Gramps system guarantee easy way to level up and find party, because this is a x1 rate server if TI system wasn't implemented, level up from 126 to 150 will take years, most of players don't have 23 hours per day to do Bounty quest, TI permit us level up spending 1 or 2 hours.

Unfrozen wind armor tanks well KK? You are not figthing against 1 KK 2 or 3 KK can easily take down a whole party 130-145.

Inviable TI to level up, that's all. 3 weeks with Bio lab 3 mobs... enough.

<..>

Do you really believe what you just said? I have friends that 150'd in a day when 150 level cap was implemented. This was before turn ins, x3 bms, any of the easy crap OP gears people have nowadays.
maximum hours in a day is 24 hours. If you played one hour a day, the longest it'd take you is 24days. Oh, not to mention they started at 99.

Sooo if you actually believe what you're saying, you may not be playing iRO, but playing some. 05 rate grind server

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 June 2016 - 08:36 AM.
Removed portion of the post.

#56 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

So what you're saying is punish a mass majority of the community to appeal to only a few?!?!  Not everyone can afford MVP cards or high end gears to handle KK's.  Have you fought a mob of KK's along with other monsters coming towards your party?  It does not turn out pretty!!  If you want to go hunt KK's, why dont you go to Bio3 and let the majority of the community have something better than KK to hunt in high ti.

Valk Shield

Unfrozen Aebecee Typhoon Armor

Any top/mid Headgear (with slot) with x2 Giant Hornet Cards

MVPs or high end gears for handle KK's? get a better excuse next time.

#57 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Why didn't you guys complain as much about LK or Eremes. May be another reason is because KKs ACTUALLY bring profit that you don't want MvP owner who worked hard for their gears to earn? 

Why would anyone want that? Having KKs in TI actually benefit poor players more than rich ones, because the card will become more abundant and the price will go down.

I speak for myself only: I don't like bio 3 monsters in TI because they make it way harder to make a party, and even harder for people to stay on the party until the end.

#58 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

Tao and GTB op

no wait...

credits to fuyu

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 June 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#59 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

I have friends that 150'd in a day when 150 level cap was implemented. This was before turn ins, x3 bms, any of the easy crap OP gears people have nowadays.
maximum hours in a day is 24 hours. If you played one hour a day, the longest it'd take you is 24days. Oh, not to mention they started at 99.

What can I say about this answer? "I'm sorry for having a life"?

#60 DrakeofMayfil

DrakeofMayfil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Tao and GTB op

no wait...

credits to fuyu

This is a 175 RK...not a Lvl 125-150 party which is what people are concerned with.

#61 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

<..>

Do you really believe what you just said? I have friends that 150'd in a day when 150 level cap was implemented. This was before turn ins, x3 bms, any of the easy crap OP gears people have nowadays.

Sooo if you actually believe what you're saying, you may not be playing iRO, but playing some. 05 rate grind server

All here veteran players, know who much time take level up one level without TI, that was eternal. No one believe your post.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 June 2016 - 08:37 AM.
Edited in quote

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

HQ is requiring us to do a DB maintenance today which is pretty extensive, which unfortunately means that we will be down longer than usual. 

#63 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

This is a 175 RK...not a Lvl 125-150 party which is what people are concerned with.

I think Ashuckel wants the spoonfed whiners to look into the gears being used here. With an exception on the Maya MVP Card, any other person can get their hands on the gears the RK is wearing. And if a 175 RK with ~70k HP can solo KKs with the right gears and a decent plan and strategy, I think a party of 12 with the right coordination and skills should be a breeze.

#64 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

Here's the problem with having KK and Cecil in high TI.

The map becomes a farm map for 175 players or those with high end gears like gtb or overupgraded kvm.

When any of these mobs are in, it's never meant for leveling and it never will be. It ends up just wasting people's 1 week ViP for those characters in high TI range.

So what is gramps intended for? To level or to help richer players become richer?

Edited by Demeris, 02 June 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#65 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

the anniversary quest have arrived!

add an extra reset on Mesmerist NPC and this is going to be the awesomest anniversary event ever!

#66 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

After months of hiatus coming back to a longer than usual maintenance, with a thread that derailed into High Tis drama, this place feels like it has frozen in time.

#67 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Go level up elsewhere? Gramps system guarantee easy way to level up and find party, because this is a x1 rate server if TI system wasn't implemented, level up from 126 to 150 will take years, most of players don't have 23 hours per day to do Bounty quest, TI permit us level up spending 1 or 2 hours.

Unfrozen wind armor tanks well KK? You are not figthing against 1 KK 2 or 3 KK can easily take down a whole party 130-145.

Inviable TI to level up, that's all. 3 weeks with Bio lab 3 mobs... enough.

i came into the game long before gramps was ever a seed in RO's womb. long before TI systems were introduced, and long before KP shop came about. i already had to do everything the hard way from the start, so it's not an issue for me personally. there are other players who came up the same way too. i understand newer, undergeared players having more of an issue with KK in TI because they don't get to level. and i understand the viewpoints of the pros who have killed more KK than they care to count and think it super easy, and actually want the ti for farming purposes. both sides are completely understandable.

but i do believe that they are trying to lessen gramps' purpose in the game? i think they're trying to make people party more in other places because, from the perspective of someone who has played much longer than any of these systems have been implemented, they're quite bottlenecking. they force people to take the easy way out instead of trying new things, doing research on monsters and their attacks and elements, ect. from my perspective, killing a bunch of KK's at the same time w/ just a wind unfrozen is rather easy. but then again, i can afford pots/ygg seeds/whatever supplies i need to sustain myself. a lot of newer players can't do this yet.

All here veteran players, know who much time take level up one level without TI, that was eternal. No one believe your post.

...is this a Yoda impersonation..?

Err... the >> :heh:<< was there to indicate that it was a joke. :P It would be nice, though, if there was a TI with a rotation of NCT, GH Hard and Gold Scaraba monsters, even without the TI exp (or with something like 50% TI exp, no base/job distribution instead of how things are today), though, again, it was meant to be a joke and nothing more.

sometimes, simple jokes are taken seriously if there is any hint of validity within. i still think nightmare TI would be kinda cool. personally, i am one of the few gold scaraba farmers. as much as i love sharing a monopoly on the card farming with only a few other people, i think a nightmare scaraba ti would be an awesome challenge for a week. they're so damn tough. it takes real work to figure out how to kill them

#68 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

The map becomes a farm map for 175 players or those with high end gears like gtb or overupgraded kvm.

When any of these mobs are in, it's never meant for leveling and it never will be. It ends up just wasting people's 1 week ViP for those characters in high TI range.

So what is gramps intended for? To level or to help richer players become richer?

learn to play the game

learn to play in a party

KK is much easier then EG imo. I have tank KK with a gene equip with just Unfrozen wind armor+valk shield+wind proof pot.

#69 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

I think Ashuckel wants the spoonfed whiners to look into the gears being used here. With an exception on the Maya MVP Card, any other person can get their hands on the gears the RK is wearing. And if a 175 RK with ~70k HP can solo KKs with the right gears and a decent plan and strategy, I think a party of 12 with the right coordination and skills should be a breeze.

I agree with the idea behind your post, the problem is that people play TI mindlessly and want to keep playing that way, and just rage quit after dieing twice or thrice. Those who are up to the chalenge and want to play nonetheless end up never geting a party. And the end result is just like this:

I don't really give a... poop... about rich people becoming richer, but if Gramps TI is supposed to be a farming map for High Level players, and not a leveling ground for lower level ones, it kinda loses it's reason to exist... at least as is.

#70 moimoi213

moimoi213

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

can't beat KK due to gear too suck?  :sob:  

wth did you do from 100-126? 

if 126-150 will take years without TI

how about 100-125? 1 year?

#71 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

can't beat KK due to gear too suck?  :sob:  

wth did you do from 100-126? 

if 126-150 will take years without TI

how about 100-125? 1 year?

if i'm a ranger with +4 elven bow?  :sob:

#72 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

i still think nightmare TI would be kinda cool. personally, i am one of the few gold scaraba farmers. as much as i love sharing a monopoly on the card farming with only a few other people, i think a nightmare scaraba ti would be an awesome challenge for a week. they're so damn tough. it takes real work to figure out how to kill them

If they ever did this, they should open the map for people over 150! I tried leveling in Gold Scarabas a few times. Some of them alone (impossible to solo on a 160 WL with my gears), some with a friend of mine, who mains FS AB... We still haven't figured how to stay alive and keep killing them. Someday I'll get it right, but I'm still somewhat far from it.

#73 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

HQ is requiring us to do a DB maintenance today which is pretty extensive, which unfortunately means that we will be down longer than usual.

Longer than the usual long maint time. Ok, but what about the MVP summoner event list? If you are not gonna stick to the original plan (once every month), at least we should know.

#74 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

...is this a Yoda impersonation..?

Sorry my bad english. I do all that road of hard level without TI system, later GM's put TI system some weeks. But since then a lot of things changed, in the past just a couple of players was lvl 150 for woe, now is easy level up to 175 because Iro has become in more pvp server than pvm or explorative partys to grind exp.

#75 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

You should change "veteran" to "bad".

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=73&p=16

I'm close friends with many of the people on the list. Most of them just took 1-2 days to finish 150ing. So what again? Bad.

Even from 150-175 it took about 2-3 days or so to 175 a Warlock. That's before they put in Cursed Seal warper too.

And it took me less than 12 hours to go from 99 to 160 on a Rebel. Soloing. The only TI I did was Mid TI and High TI twice.

You're just bad if you truly believe it takes "years" to 125-150 a character.

@Kusanagisama: I'm sorry that you're so bad at time management you can't spend 1 hour in game, but plenty on forums crying that you can't level efficiently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users