• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WildDrive

WildDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

Am i the only one who think that everyone is kind of... shattered between stuff which gives good look and stuff which give good stats.

Right now when you go to character options there is either Default and ITEM MALL.

The thing is both are used to raise your stats... There is no place left for being fancy unless you give up on stats.

I also understand that at current point there is no way to revert it and make ITEM MALL purely cosmetic... We are basically wearing 2 sets of armors now....

There should be some space for being fancy too tho...

So why, next to default and item mall there is no third button with the name OUTFIT?

Every item put in this category would be purely cosmetic. (doesn't give ANY stats)

You can drag in there (YES only drag, right click is reserved for either default or item mall like before) both normal armors or IM armors to make outfit of your dreams. (ofc all the wearing conditions has to be met, you have to be right class, right lvl, right gender, right race))

What's the point you ask?

Right now we are at the point where everyone is wearing either ghost buster or unity set... With some addition of few other items

Rest of IM items are purely for mix table and never used because of crappy stats.

So now we are shattered between... Clearing dungeon fasters (because IM sets give HUGE boosts) or looking way better and enjoying the look of your character way more... Since it is like the only character u watch for 99% of time during gameplay.

Not to mention that such change would reanimate most of sets.

Make them more valuable not only because of stats but also because of looks.

Tons of never seen sets will come back to game.

Only downside is that player has to buy additional set of armor (on the other hand it's purely optional as it doesn't grant any stats)

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Suggestion that have veen asked over and over.

Unfortunately, first, it doesn't seem to be easy to make, but also I think this is all a plyer choice to pick the look or the stats. There are still some rare people who manage to do a little bit of both, but this topic about having the stats an item with the look on an another one is a problem that comes in a lot of MMORPGs, and people always dealt with that.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

Unfortunately, first, it doesn't seem to be easy to make,

Right.

I have written it down and I will suggest it when talking to Alteris next time. However it won't come into the game with the Arcadia update. That definitely can't be done time and work wise.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

A 3rd set would get a bit ridiculous in my mind, I'd be more for a transmute option.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Not ridiculous at all, it's cool.

This is a very nice idea and I would support it. :p_smile:

You will laugh now but this system is already integrated in ROSE and it is very much loved by the community. You can wear normal and IM gear in one slot, if you like to - mix and match the things however you want to look. I myself did it in ROSE and do it till this day and I freaking love it.

Actually some people that do play ROSE and DS are a bit jealous of ROSE's system and that so far this is not available for DS......

However, Hippo wears his set and by doing so I have to give up all the possible IM stats - well, I arranged myself to that and I personally stick to the individual look and scrap the stats. Hippo will always wear his set, no matter what.

But if I had the option available to keep Hippo's look as is now and to have a 3rd equpip set for equipping IM stuff with some nice stats.....one that I don't have to make visible.......I would so go for it.

Transmute.......okay I guess, common.........but nothing special these days. An option like this ^ would be something not many mmorpg do have and one more reason to play DS cause it's different. Plus you could keep the stats to the particular sets and simply exchange the sets with other sets if you want to. :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 05 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

Guild capes made me think about this a bit more and changed my mind, this would be more simple than transmute. 3 sets of clothes is pretty weird, but guess since I live here up in the north I should be used to that. Last thing we need is more complicated systems. Adding this would in my opinion be worthwhile.

Edited by Precrush, 16 June 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

Would it be possible to put normal gear into that 3rd cosmetic tab? I'd pay to get that valkry set as a decorational cosmetic :D or maybe rare elga or a bunch of other stuff lol

Ps: rare elga on savage is probably my favorite normal set next to valkry ;) beauty level over 9000.

Edited by Agitodesu, 16 June 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

Why not!

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

I definitely second this idea. But as I said before this will very likely be a post-Arcadia stuff :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users