Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 18 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#426 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

No matter what's the conclusion. I hope you all will do the same standard with other MVP-like set. :)

Let's see list of 'em. (exclude Penetration and Tempest)

Bearer's (all 6 pieces : sum of refine = 45+ will gain Eddga Card effect)

Gemstone (all 6 pieces : sum of refine = 45+ will gain Mistress Card effect)

Uncursed (2 pieces, both accessories : combined with stability shield and sum of refine = 20+ will gain Evil Snake Lord Card effect)

Neutral (3 pieces, both accessories and weapon : combined with stability shield and sum of refine = 30+ will gain Orc Hero Card effect)

Infinity (2 pieces, both accessories : sum of refine = 15+ will gain Drake Card effect)

Hasty (2 pieces, shoes and armor : sum of refine = 15+ will gain Moonlight Card effect)

Blitz (2 sets, first is both accessories, second is shoes and armor, gain vast amount of flat ASPD, surpass even Morroc Card)

Actually there's Reload set too but it effect doesn't even reach half of Kiel Card itself. lol

Edited by Sigma1, 17 June 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#427 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

No matter what's the conclusion. I hope you all will do the same standard with other MVP-like set. :)

Uncursed (2 pieces, both accessories : combined with stability shield and sum of refine = 20+ will gain Evil Snake Lord Card effect)

Neutral (3 pieces, both accessories and weapon : combined with stability shield and sum of refine = 30+ will gain Orc Hero Card effect)

Infinity (2 pieces, both accessories : sum of refine = 15+ will gain Drake Card effect)

Hasty (2 pieces, shoes and armor : sum of refine = 15+ will gain Moonlight Card effect)

Blitz (2 sets, first is both accessories, second is shoes and armor, gain vast amount of flat ASPD, surpass even Morroc Card)

Actually there's Reload set too but it effect doesn't even reach half of Kiel Card itself. lol

id rather iro server never gets those u mentioned lol 

#428 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Truely you are a good man Sigma, I dont even bother translating half of these in my brain yet you do it so effortlessly, its as if you're a Korean, but thats not possible, Koreans would rather play kRO or go eat melted cheese covered spicy fried chicken, or watch their NTR drama's and read their Henwha's.

#429 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

He's just good at google translator :v

#430 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

He's just good at google translator :v

I wish it wasn't so. We need more natural Korean translators like Char and to a lowly pointless extent..................me..................but hopefully Sigma goes beyond our lowly expectations.

#431 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

Truely you are a good man Sigma, I dont even bother translating half of these in my brain yet you do it so effortlessly, its as if you're a Korean, but thats not possible, Koreans would rather play kRO or go eat melted cheese covered spicy fried chicken, or watch their NTR drama's and read their Henwha's.

If Koreans will pick kRO over iRo, its more likely that they dont have time to grind 24/7 lmfao. Dont have that much time to waste  xD

#432 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

Seeing so many discussions, it's so clear that MVPs are outdated ever since the 175 patch came in. Newer mvp from instances however seems overkill for our current gears.

After my suggestion again and again, I'll still say it again. To all the people screaming at MvP effects being in the cash shop. Why not have this gear implemented via a quest, everyone gets it (if you do the quest).

Of course, please release it in Sakray and see how players accept it.

#433 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

seaechiowai :Man, +1 ASPD is serious business. I bet you guys will be rioting when we get Excellion armor/garment update. The game is dying, enjoy it while you can.   Kadelia answers this below....

Hotel: Mate, if making money from a video game was as easy as putting the most op and broken  -_- inside cash boxes why do you think more games (especially the successful ones) haven't done it by now.  Kadelia answers below....

Coming from you kaddy id expect you to be the one against this penetration set. Seeing as how you were in the past.

"pRO did not JUMP from balanced items to MVPs in the cash shop. It was a bridge built by power creep exactly like this aspd +1 lower. How you can be blind to that is baffling. "

Yet IRO wants to implement "MVP" like shadow gears to this server  which will then fall into getting actual cards eventually in the long run just like PRO. And the people who did play PRO and benefit from the kafra mvps and gods, they know this. Thats why they want the penetration set.

This only shows that you do not understand any of the arguments I have laid out in this thread, or in the past. Its really disappointing, honestly.

Penetration set isn't power creep. Its an alternative to an existing item and addresses balance issues. Adding stronger effects to a slot that never had them at that power level before is power creep. I've laid the math out for this pretty well previously, that penetration set provides the same amount of trade-off as items that have existed for over 10 years. That you feel like disregarding that just means talking to you on this matter is futile.

• Defense piercing is a mechanic that has existed since pre-comodo
  • Defense piercing has been available to non-MVP holders for the entirety of RO's history
  • A precedent of trading the number of races you're effective against for about ~30% damage increase has existed for over a decade
  • Dominating other players in competitive environments because you won a lottery when a monster died is a POOR mechanic that needs to go. kRO has realized this and you aren't even trying to open your eyes to it.

Edited by Kadelia, 17 June 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#434 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#435 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

Dominating other players in competitive environments because you won a lottery when a monster died is a POOR mechanic that needs to go. kRO has realized this and you aren't even trying to open your eyes to it.

Lol? Yeah screw the lottery thats done by playing the game, screw that system it sucks. Here, play the lottery with REAL MONEY instead of playing the actual game. Play the Kafra Box lottery! Play the refinement lotterly! We don't need you to actually play our game, thats dumb, just straight up give us money instead.

I'll keep my eyes closed instead.

Edited by Toxn, 17 June 2016 - 04:27 PM.

#436 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

dafuq did i just read

#437 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

This only shows that you do not understand any of the arguments I have laid out in this thread, or in the past. Its really disappointing, honestly.

Penetration set isn't power creep. Its an alternative to an existing item and addresses balance issues. Adding stronger effects to a slot that never had them at that power level before is power creep. I've laid the math out for this pretty well previously, that penetration set provides the same amount of trade-off as items that have existed for over 10 years. That you feel like disregarding that just means talking to you on this matter is futile.

• Defense piercing is a mechanic that has existed since pre-comodo
  • Defense piercing has been available to non-MVP holders for the entirety of RO's history
  • A precedent of trading the number of races you're effective against for about ~30% damage increase has existed for over a decade
  • Dominating other players in competitive environments because you won a lottery when a monster died is a POOR mechanic that needs to go. kRO has realized this and you aren't even trying to open your eyes to it.

Now now, lets implement Penetration shadow set at get over this!

#438 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Can somebody explain why kRO decided to release shadow sets even though they know it's too OP and why a lot of koreans still play the game.

#439 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

Can somebody explain why kRO decided to release shadow sets even though they know it's too OP and why a lot of koreans still play the game.

Because its not too OP, people elitist are just over reacting to it

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#440 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

Never thought I'd see the day when someone would be arguing against their past self. Quite the plot twist.

Because it's what every developer does when they're desperate and a sector of the playerbase eats it up regardless of the long-term effects on the game itself.

#441 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Penetration set isn't power creep. +1 aspd lower was, MVP on kafra shop is not? right

Its an alternative to an existing item and addresses balance issues. It does not adress any balance issues, it just deludes you by increasing a bit the numbers you see on your screen when using underpowered classes.

Adding stronger effects to a slot that never had them at that power level before is power creep. Well, shadow sets never had MVP effects before on iRO, so thanks for admiting it is power creep.

I've laid the math out for this pretty well previously, that penetration set provides the same amount of trade-off as items that have existed for over 10 years. It doesn't forces you to use any specific weapon, like those items. And not using Magical/Physical Shadow set is only an equal tradeoff if you the character is not wearing almost any gear at all.

• Defense piercing has been available to non-MVP holders for the entirety of RO's history Restricted to very few weapons, that were only effective back in pre renewal, with completely different mechanics, the only ones that may have survived are Ice Pick and Brocca. And even if you had an MVP for that (Samurai/Thanatos), was still restricted to that weapon you carded it in, for the classes that could use it.
  • Dominating other players in competitive environments because you won a lottery when a monster died is a POOR mechanic that needs to go. kRO has realized this and you aren't even trying to open your eyes to it. It was before and still is possible to beat MVP decked players without a single one. Instant gratification by far is an even worse mechanic for a long term title such as RO.

Edited by Ashuckel, 17 June 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#442 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

so fun people trying to give bad arguments because they want their characters op

Edited by Hissis, 17 June 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#443 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

kRO has left officials rotting for years, and yet people still think kRO knows what's best for the game. It's laughable.

#444 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Classic v2.0 please, you'll be seeing more of these items especially those that go with episode updates. 

#445 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Oh yeah... the one that ignores def is something like 30~50% and you need to use valk manteau.

:yawn:

#446 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

Obviously newer items would more likely to be and improved one. So funny people label here arguments that they dont agree with as bad arguments.

#447 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

some people have fear... when people ca fight mvp, they will lose your own busines

things like 1b -35$ hahhahhaa.... 

#448 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

I wish it wasn't so. We need more natural Korean translators like Char and to a lowly pointless extent..................me..................but hopefully Sigma goes beyond our lowly expectations.

Actually I can't read even one Korean word. ;)
But since Doddler and Zerozaku have gone. In order to know KRO news. I have to do it myself. Google translate and Korean dictionary are useful tools.

#449 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

So funny people label here arguments that they dont agree with as bad arguments.

I label your "elitist" strawman a bad argument every time you drag it out. It's funny, right?

some people have fear... when people ca fight mvp, they will lose your own busines

things like 1b -35$ hahhahhaa....

Yes, dismiss any legitimate concern over power creep and play-to-win slowly taking precedence over content obtainable in game. Instead, let's have unsubstantiated speculation about unnumbered and unnamed "people" holding a phantasmal oligarchy to keep you down.

So, you'll get yourself  some of that new cash shop gear and put them in their place?

Guess what, if their resources are as vast as you imagine, not only will they have it too, but they'll likely have it before you do. You will not have closed any gap in competitive advantage. In fact, you will have only succeeded in obligating yourself to acquiring it just to keep the gap from widening.

Rather than balancing existing content and making new content diversified and specialized--new stuff that's different rather than objectively superior, you'd advocate having everything ramp up in some obscene arms race that only exasperates existing problems with the game.

Edited by RichieDagger, 17 June 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#450 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Just to be clear, not all who are endorsing penetration set want all those set mentioned above, it's a case to case basis

Penetration set is way to different than those other sets, it doesn't replace the purpose of samurai spectre card unlike those sets mentioned above

No PVPer/WOE player would say 

"Oh men, i should have bought penetration set instead of this SS card for player killing!"

nor you would hear any MVPer say

"If this penetration set have not existed, i would have bought SS card for my needs!"

but what you will probably hear from players and not from WP is

"oh, these updates is getting my business down, need to resist these changes/future changes in forums!"

Edit: Therefore i conclude penetration set isnt an MVP shadow gear unlike those above  :p_hi: 

I label your "elitist" strawman a bad argument every time you drag it out. It's funny, right?

sorry if you're hurting, its just another way to point out that people posting here are not the majority and doesnt represent RO community like what others portray that majority here in forums should be followed

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2016 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users