Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 19 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#451 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

So +1 aspd is op but mvp shadow sets are.
Ok got it.

#452 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

Rather than balancing existing content and making new content diversified and specialized--new stuff that's different rather than objectively superior, you'd advocate having everything ramp up in some obscene arms race that only exasperates existing problems with the game.

Richie how about putting in an email to people at Gravity to let them know of your idea, arguing here about it is pointless as you can see. Anyone with any idea's should also take the initiative to email Gravity directly your idea's and issues so it lessens the burden on Campitor and their team. It hurts me to see that when executive decisions are made they are forced to play the villian role and cause the community to be enraged. Rather than continue it, why dont everyone just email Gravity directly instead through their websites support email? It worked for me, surely it works for you as well.

#453 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

Richie how about putting in an email to people at Gravity to let them know of your idea, arguing here about it is pointless as you can see. Anyone with any idea's should also take the initiative to email Gravity directly your idea's and issues so it lessens the burden on Campitor and their team. It hurts me to see that when executive decisions are made they are forced to play the villian role and cause the community to be enraged. Rather than continue it, why dont everyone just email Gravity directly instead through their websites support email? It worked for me, surely it works for you as well.

I already emailed them directly, in Korean as well (the non google translate kind) and I got nothing. That was a long time ago.

#454 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

some people have fear... when people ca fight mvp, they will lose your own busines

things like 1b -35$ hahhahhaa.... 

Please

Penetration is not going to do any miracle,if they release it they are just going to increase the gap between old - new player.

#455 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

kRO has left officials rotting for years, and yet people still think kRO knows what's best for the game. It's laughable.

You shouldn't judge other servers, especially that is mother server, based on server you play.

On the other hand. If I judge IRO based on KRO as well. Not only cash shop items that break the game. Normal items too.
E.G.
1. FAW enchanted in KRO can't be reset, like temporal boots, I can decide that IRO FAW is OP.
2. GTB card dropping is disabled in KRO since renewal, So there is no single GTB card in Baphomet server since it has been opened after renewal. Yeah since GTB still be dropped in IRO. IRO also rot itself as well. :)
3. In IRO. Warlock Mora orbs and shoes have slot. :) Oh deliberately or just bug.
4. Mora Gears can be salvaged to Mora Coins again in IRO while others can't.

Server I play also has a lot of stuff that break the game. But all I can do is adaptation. ;)

#456 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

You shouldn't judge other servers, especially that is mother server, based on server you play.

On the other hand. If I judge IRO based on KRO as well. Not only cash shop items that break the game. Normal items too.
E.G.
1. FAW enchanted in KRO can't be reset, like temporal boots, I can decide that IRO FAW is OP.
2. GTB card dropping is disabled in KRO since renewal, So there is no single GTB card in Baphomet server since it has been opened after renewal. Yeah since GTB still be dropped in IRO. IRO also rot itself as well. :)
3. In IRO. Warlock Mora orbs and shoes have slot. :) Oh deliberately or just bug.
4. Mora Gears can be salvaged to Mora Coins again in IRO while others can't.

Server I play also has a lot of stuff that break the game. But all I can do is adaptation. ;)

1. I understood that they could be reset, but have a chance to break.

2. Interesting.

3. I think it was on purpose.

4. Really? Didn't know that :X Apparently it is only the AB rings :X

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 June 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#457 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

I was referring to all the client updates like pet/homunculus hunger meters, guild warehouse, RODEX, and buff/debuff displays that our client lacks. Let them do whatever they want with their content, but give us quality-of-life essentials that we need to retain players that aren't interested in having to deal with workarounds for features that are already available in other MMORPGs.

#458 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

sorry if you're hurting, its just another way to point out that people posting here are not the majority and doesnt represent RO community like what others portray that majority here in forums should be followed

No, it points nothing out; your appeal to the mob is as bad an argument as your strawmen and personal vilifications.

Doesn't matter how sensible or articulate any argument is, rather than addressing it directly, you pretty much say, "there are some non-specific bad people who agree with my opponent, so their argument is invalid" or "my opponent is a <insert noun>, so their argument invalid" or "a majority disagree with my opponent, so their argument is invalid".

You've previously bemoaned a lack of "real talk," but you are the one that keeps repeating these logical fallacies.

#459 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

No, it points nothing out; your appeal to the mob is as bad an argument as your strawmen and personal vilifications.

Doesn't matter how sensible or articulate any argument is, rather than addressing it directly, you pretty much say, "there are some non-specific bad people who agree with my opponent, so their argument is invalid" or "my opponent is a <insert noun>, so their argument invalid" or "a majority disagree with my opponent, so their argument is invalid".

This is exactly what im saying, whenever/they disagree with someones facts they/you automatically say it is a bad argument especially when clumped with on-specific bad people who agree with my opponent,

You've previously bemoaned a lack of "real talk," but you are the one that keeps repeating these logical fallacies.

Read above, that is exactly you. You just replaced "bad argument" with the word "fallacy". Automatically calls for "bad argument", "fallacy" or whatsoever future word you may be using just because you don't agree. And you're the one doing "personal vilifications" here not me. Look, read your comments towards me, you are describing yourself

3. In IRO. Warlock Mora orbs and shoes have slot.  :) Oh deliberately or just bug.

I just hope they give me my KBC back if they plan to change this to non-slotted

S.N. I was wondering where did i see your Avarat, i thought it was on do ta but no wonder you are that guy from kRO hahaha

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#460 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:29 PM

This is exactly what im saying, whenever/they disagree with someones facts they/you automatically say it is a bad argument...

What facts? Your dependency on the aforementioned fallacies are all I've addressed. If you have facts, please present them.

Read above, that is exactly you. You just replaced "bad argument" with the word "fallacy". Automatically calls for "bad argument", "fallacy" or whatsoever future word you may be using just because you don't agree.

You're getting a little muddled now, so correct me if I'm mistaken, you're saying the three specific logical fallacies I've addressed are good arguments in support of your position?

And you're the one doing "personal vilifications" here not me. Look, read your comments towards me, you are describing yourself

False, I've only criticized your method of debate, or rather, lack thereof.

Edited by RichieDagger, 17 June 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#461 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:43 PM

What facts? Your dependency on the aforementioned fallacies are all I've addressed. If you have facts, please present them.

Adressed with what? comments near the borderline to personal insults? what was the word for it again? was it "personal vilification" or so you called  :heh:  . You'll have to backread and check again if you really have addressed or you may have been to busy typing strawmen :heh:,literally

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#462 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:34 AM

It seems off-topic. But I wanna tell you about something that happened in my server. Even we knew that some cash items are OP. But they make us an offer that we can't refuse...

Here are cash items they sold, limited.

Spoiler

Yeah you should know that a lot of us bought them (me too). :) Former company (Asiasoft) played with our faith to our beloved king.

But at least the whole profit from selling them was donated to the government. :) Not go the their own wallet.

Edited by Sigma1, 18 June 2016 - 02:36 AM.

#463 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:24 AM

So what your saying is we need a Thanks Obama Balloon and Trump Hat :V

#464 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

Those love dad things sound completely fine if all the the "stat+1 per refine" was removed from the garment. +20 to all stats is power creep for those item slots, but the rest of those effects aren't.

Lol? Yeah screw the lottery thats done by playing the game, screw that system it sucks. Here, play the lottery with REAL MONEY instead of playing the actual game. Play the Kafra Box lottery! Play the refinement lotterly! We don't need you to actually play our game, thats dumb, just straight up give us money instead.

I'll keep my eyes closed instead.

You can buy the shadow gears off a vend and buy the upgrade reagents with zeny off vend as well. All you need to attain the items is persistent progress in the game so that you can afford them at a point in the game where you can use them to continue your progress. Whereas MVP card ownership requires extreme luck, or the type of funding (tens of billions of zeny) that only arrives after you're practically finished tackling everything RO has to offer in PVM.

Even if you obtained your MVP card through years of persistent effort (some people do) -- you've spent years--- you've already ostensibly maxed out characters and done everything there is to do pretty much-- already defeated the hardest monsters in the game (MVPs) without this item-- why is NOW the time you get a "helps you level" item? Like unlocking a better weapon only in  a new game+ on a jRPG but not having any new optional bosses to use it on (looking @ you, Tales of Xillia!!). This makes no sense. It only makes sense for end-game items that work in WoE... which.. oh my god. Samurai Spectre works in WoE and penetrations set doesn't!!! Holy moly, we just figured-- I mean YOU hopefully just realized this!

Edited by Kadelia, 18 June 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#465 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:38 AM

You truly do baffle me at times. You have preached about how iRO shouldn't have custom things or shouldn't change how things are in comparison to kRO, Yet you threw a massive fit about Bowling Bash when others asked for the skill to simply work like it does on kRO itself.

You call the potential of +20 stats from gear a power creep, yet have absolutely no idea how DEF penetration without any weapon sacrifice isn't.

Lets face it, you do the exact same amount of pick and choosing as the rest of us and seem to think your opinion is the only one that is justified.

Edited by Toxn, 18 June 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#466 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

What about the jRO mechanics do you like?

In jRO, is the Severe Rainstorm position bug fixed? Coz if it is, then that's what me and all the players interested in playing Maestro/Wanderer/Shadow Chaser would like.

:thumb2:

Oh and @topic discussion:

Yeah Shadow Gears are cool, they're like undergarments. I see them as Ragnarok Undergarments (i.e Men's brief, Women's panties (maybe tampons) )..so yeah it's cool.

I mean it'd be weird if someones wearing Sapha's cloth or etc. with out undies right?

Edited by Usurper, 18 June 2016 - 05:54 AM.

#467 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

Not having exp penatly i think its a big deal. Gives you freedom to level wherever you want, as long as you can kill those mobs.

#468 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

+20% is a power creep but 100% bypass defence isn't. Ok got it

#469 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Btw this shadow set will dwindle the cost of memory of Thanatos card which works for both woe and pvm. Whic is also better than as card. So getting this set would make thana card more or less not worth the time and or effort. Now I know you butt scratchers will say thana card and the shadow set is different blah blah. Point is if this set comes in Thanatos card will less likely be sought after prob won't ever be daughter after, because as is for woe and penetration is for pvm. Both those items equal out a thana card so why get a thana card if you can get those two items easily?

#470 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

*ahem*
THANATOS DOESNT PIERCE DEFENSE, IT RAISES DAMAGE BASED ON DEFENSE. Thanatos and Ice Pick have different effects that SS, tyvm. Using Thanatos and Penetration together would create even bigger numbers providing the effects don't cancel each other out (which one might take precedence idk. I don't know exactly how they work). I'd need someone who owns them to tell us that XD

Also, Cinnamod banned discussion surrounding the concept of elitism, please stop sprinkling it in yours posts like salt on a martini, we get you're sour, bitter and full of sodium, we're all getting sick of it.

#471 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

*ahem*
THANATOS DOESNT PIERCE DEFENSE, IT RAISES DAMAGE BASED ON DEFENSE. Thanatos and Ice Pick have different effects that SS, tyvm. Using Thanatos and Penetration together would create even bigger numbers providing the effects don't cancel each other out (which one might take precedence idk. I don't know exactly how they work). I'd need someone who owns them to tell us that XD
Also, Cinnamod banned discussion surrounding the concept of elitism, please stop sprinkling it in yours posts like salt on a martini, we get you're sour, bitter and full of sodium, we're all getting sick of it.

Now I know you butt scratchers will say thana card and the shadow set is different blah blah.

I suppose u don't know how to read and see where I was going with it so please stop trying to respond to me. You don't being anything to the table.

#472 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

Now I know you butt scratchers will say thana card and the shadow set is different blah blah.

I suppose u don't know how to read and see where I was going with it so please stop trying to respond to me. You don't being anything to the table.

I wasn't talking to you. :3

#473 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:52 AM

Joatmon, thanatos/ice pick/ occult impact
ALL PIERCE DEFENSE

And

They get 1 eATK per enemy hard def.

#474 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'm the only one who brought up thanatos. So nice try. Your dismissed

#475 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

*ahem*

I've seen testing about those few years ago.

MoT and Ice Pick have the same effect.

- 100% ignore def, both SoftDef and HardDef, work on boss type (while SS doesn't).

- Increase EquipAtk by <Target HardDef / 2>

- Doesn't stack each other. Ice Pick [Mot] or some weapon [2 MoT], only 1 MoT works.

That mean MoT overrides SS completely.

some weapon [MoT][SS], SS only drain your life worthlessly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users