Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

So, we've only really ever asked kRO to make us headgears for contests and whatnot, officially. I'd like to toy with the idea, 'what if kRO could just make us certain items on request' that could be any type, including weapons and shadow equipment? Here are some item proposals for iRO specific partner requests.

I'd also be more than happy to design an NPC/exchange system to earn these items.

Otherworld Arc

This bow is strewn from the immaterial, a ghostly apparition of another world.

• LUK -5.
  • Increases the damage with ranged physical attacks by 60%.

Type: Bow

Weapon Level: 3

Attack Power: 150

Element: Ghost

Required Level: 99

Applicable Job: 3rd job Archer, Rogue

Weight: 75

Sonata Chain [2]

A chain that sings when it slices the air. The sound is created by the speed at which the weapon is able to be swung freely, allowing its sharp blades to cut with deadly force while still being an object of beauty and grace.

• Unbreakable except in upgrade attempts.
  • When attacking, there is a 25% chance of casting [Reverberation] of the highest level learned on a random cell adjacent to the player, and for the next 3 seconds, every physical attack has a 10% chance to cast [Dominion Impulse] on the cell the player occupies.
  • When attacking, there is a 1% chance per level of [Swing Dance] learned to cast [Power Thrust] level 5 on the user.

[When Combined with Pick of Destiny]

Short-range physical attacks bypass 50% of the physical defense of enemies.

Type: Whip

Weapon Level: 4

Attack Power: 220

Element: Neutral

Applicable Job: Wanderer

Weight: 130

Wailing Banshee [2]

A guitar that wails when it slices the air. The instrument's hollow interior is designed to provide less air resistance when being swung, while still operating as an effective and harmonious stringed musical instrument.

• Unbreakable except in upgrade attempts.
  • When attacking, there is a 25% chance of casting [Reverberation] of the highest level learned on a random cell adjacent to the player, and for the next 3 seconds, every physical attack has a 10% chance to cast [Dominion Impulse] on the cell the player occupies.
  • When attacking, there is a 1% chance per level of [Rush to Windmill] learned to cast [Power Thrust] level 5 on the user.

[When Combined with Pick of Destiny]

Short-range physical attacks bypass 50% of the physical defense of enemies.

Type: Musical Instrument

Applicable Job: Minstrel (iRO Maestro)

Weight: 130

Pick of Destiny [1]

A special bow thimble that also functions as a great guitar pick, thought to be hewn from a tooth of Baphomet himself. Has the power to charm an audience and bring out the utmost potential in any performer. Difficult to master, and unless wielded by a particularly strong-willed person, the pick will be more of a curse than a blessing.

• Dex -66, Luk -66.
    • For every base Dex beyond 100, Dex, Luk +1.
    • For every 10 base level beyond 100, Dex, Luk +5.
    • For every 10 job level, Dex +3.
  • Increases ATK and MATK by 2% per level of [Voice Lessons] learned. If [Voice Lessons] is mastered, additional ATK, MATK +5%.
  • If [Dance Lessons] is mastered, enables the use of [Rush to Windmill] level 5.
  • If [Music Lessons] is mastered, enables the use of [Swing Dance] level 5.

Type: Accessory

Applicable Job: 3rd job Archer, Rogue

Weight: 10

Dimensional Crossbow [2]

An enchanted bow created by the rogue's guild that is able to break the walls of the known dimensions, allowing arrows to be split into several copies and attack an enemy at seemingly different trajectories. Due to its esoteric origins the bow is difficult to use if you haven't been trained by the rogue's guild.

• If base Dex is 120 or higher, Dex +10.
  • For every level of [Double Strafe] learned, increases ranged physical attacks by +5%.
  • Increases the damage of [Triangle Shot] by 50%.

Attack Power: 160

Applicable Job: Shadow Chaser

Weight: 90

Siphoning Robe [1]

This ethereal article has an eerie aura like a mist. A powerful enchantment causes the robe to collect spirit energy in the atmosphere, which is then transferred to the wearer.

• Every 20 seconds, restores 30 SP.
  • If base Int 100 or higher, restores 60 SP instead.
  • If base Int 120 or higher, restores 90 SP instead.
  • If base Int 125 or higher, restores 120 SP instead.

Type: Armor

Defense: 80

Element: Ghost

Required Level: 100

Applicable Job: Super Novice, Ninja, Dancer, Bard, Wizard, or Priest.

Weight: 40

Glittermirror

This accessory is a magical mirror fitted to the body that makes certain type of close range magic techniques more difficult for the aggressor.

[Effect Within Siege Maps]

• Reduces damage from players by 3%.
  • When targeted by magic, enemy DEX, LUK -200 for 3 seconds.

Applicable Job: All

Weight: 30

Chain Pommel

An accessory that hooks to the pommel of various daggers to retrieve the dagger more easily when used with risky surprise attacks.

• Aspd +5%, ATK +5%.

[When Combined with Weihna [2]]

• ATK +25%
  • [Sightless Mind] damage +50%.

[When Combined with Raksasa Dagger]

• ATK, MATK +80.

[When Combined with Keris [1]]

• Increases damage with [Fire], [Water], [Earth], and [Wind] element magic attacks by 20%.

[When Combined with Dagger of Hunter [3]]

• Increases damage with [Backstab] and [Bash] by 80%.

Applicable Job: All

Weight: 20

Edited by Kadelia, 17 June 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

• Otherworld Arc makes fighting ghosts with ranged auto-attack feasible without the untennable cost of the immaterial arrows, but isn't any stronger than an elven bow.
  • Sonata Chain and Wailing Banshee make auto-attack performers as useful as auto-attack mechanics and rune knights.
  • Pick of Destiny boosts perfomers all around, as 25% atk and 12 dex would make severe rainstrorm, arrow vulcan etc, all better. Also goes well with the auto-attack build and the sound damage (matk) builds. Its curved to not change power much at lv < 150 than what it already is today.
  • Dimensional crossbow attempts to make pvm chaser fun by removing their dex+bow handicaps and boosting triangle shot. But requires PVM skill+stat investment.
  • Siphoning robe makes supporting a party more feasible for squishy support characters and ones with their sp regen disabled by their support skills.
  • Glittermirror attempts to nerf 0 delay masquerade spam in woe, as well as a small damage nerf against any other somewhat unfair magical skill spam (like chain lightning in strings).
  • Chain pommel is obviously an attempt to restore use to some old daggers.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

Red Reactor

Item Type: Accessory

Class: All

Def: 5

Dex: +3

Luk: +3

Perfect Dodge: +5

Blue Reactor

Str: +3

Vit: +3

Max HP: + 5%

Green Reactor

Int: +3

Agi: +3

Max SP: +5%

A core of a bomb. Only skilled bomb maker will able to unleash its potential. Change the element of Cluster Bomb, Fire Trap and Ice Trap to respective color of the reactor.

Red Reactor: Neutral. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict stun on each physical attack.

Blue Reactor: Poison. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict poison on each physical attack.

Green Reactor: Ghost. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict curse on each physical attack.

Combo effect if worn together:

Red + Red: Fire. Extra effect: Extra 1% chance to inflict stun (total 5%)

Red + Blue: Wind. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict silence.

Red + Green: Holy. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict blind.

Blue + Blue: Water. Extra effect: Extra 1% chance to inflict poison (total 5%)

Blue + Green: Shadow. Extra effect: 2% chance to inflict sleep.

Green + Green: Earth. Extra effect: Extra 1% chance to inflict curse (total 5%)

#4 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

I would love the idea of having a ghost element bow, but if that notion comes at the price of people crying that ranger class is already too OP, I'd be content to stick with elven, bxb and giant bow.

Ullr's Bow [1]

A legendary bow created by Ullr, the god of bows, as a reward to Týr for his bravery in trying to subdue the legendary warg, Fenrir.

• Warg Strike rate +10%
  • If base agi is 120 or higher, aspd +5%
  • If base luk is 120 or higher, luk +10

Weight: 200

Required Level: 150

Applicable Job: Ranger

The idea is to have a bow for auto-warg rangers which buffs warg strike damage, but not so much on the arrow damage (range %).

If I understand correctly, it isn't easy to modify warg damage alone, so I had to suggest a high Atk bow, but with limited card slot and no range % modifier. It's also heavy to discourage rangers from carrying multiple bxbs, elven and ullr's bow to a fight.

Edited by DeadIntern, 09 June 2016 - 09:10 PM.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

I don't like the idea of directly buffing aspd autowarg because its already ridiculously overpowering in pvp with dances with wargs. I'd rather see something more creative like a bow with:

Dex -20, Agi -20, Aspd -80%.
When attacking, there is a 100% chance of casting level 1 Warg Strike (or highest level learned) on the enemy.

Super crazy slow aspd but with like 100% warg chance xP. Your whole build would be based around trying to recover aspd with equips and stats.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:07 AM

shame autowarg doesnt proc on reflect, it will be nuts if it does

#7 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

After a brief conversation with a guild mate, we both liked the idea that shadow chasers could have inferior versions of common weapons used by other third classes to open up more leveling options. The idea is that they can have some kind of shadow themes weapon(s) that are a dagger but remove the restriction of skill specific weapons like cannon spear or axe tornado. They would be outright worse than something like a hurricane fury, but still decent enough to be able to level with it for at least some time. 

There would be another version of the weapon for spears very similar to the axe one. 

Shadow formed axe [2]

A weapon formed entirely of shadows, held together by the users will power. It seems to shift and move like it was about to dissipate at any moment. Simply maintaining its form demands intense mental and physical ability.

• Allows axe-specific skills to be used (both one handed and two handed)
  • -10% attack speed
  • -3 SP per attack, that is reduced by 1 per each of the following stats being base 90 or higher (int, dex, luk)
  • Increases +1 attack per job level

Type: Dagger

Attack Power: 180

Weight: 1

Applicable Job: Shadow Chaser [could be open for all dagger-using classes, tbh, as at most it'd just be a high attack dagger that costs aspd and sp]

The weapon below is a dagger that was originally thought up to help caster chasers, but I see no reason other classes can't also use it. The only ones I'm not sure about are kagerou and oboro as I don't have either of those classes. So I just put 'all third classes that aren't aco-base' but I have nothing against ninja classes using it if it wouldn't be too much for them.

Ensorcelled focus stone [1]

A smooth piece of obsidian that hums with power, simply holding it seems to make it easier for the bearer to concentrate and think clearly. 

• Matk + 100
  • Additional Matk +10 per base 10 int.
  • If base int is 120 or higher, then reduce sp cost of all skills by 30%.
  • When magically attacking, gives chance (1% per 10 job levels) to enter a Magnificat like state that increases SP regen by 50% for 10 seconds. 

Attack Power: 60

Weight: 30

Applicable Job: All third jobs except for Arch Bishop and Sura. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 10 June 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

That dagger has a power almost comparable to RWC knife for casters.

I'd still go with jRO one:

Valkyre Dagger[4]

(Doesnt mention atk where i saw it)
MATK +50
Lv4

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Similar idea, though with base stats instead of refine and with emphasis on sp reduction and regeneration for the double sp cost of reproduced skills Chasers get. It also requires heavy investment into int, effectively forcing you to opt for a 120 int build.

RWC at +9 gives 60 + 90 on top of whatever refine matk it gains (50 ~ 82) for a median of 212 with a 10% matk boost; but no sp management. I can see reducing it to a level 1 or 2 weapon to help balance the damage a bit, since matk is much more even across the board in how mods affect it.

Pure casters will always have staves that are just better for matk, so I can only imagine non-mage classes using these weapons.

DP lists a lot of daggers that give a seemingly useful boost to atk/matk/aspd/cast delay with upgrade levels, but with janky google translate and so many similar options that are irrelevant to iRO, I figured another iRO custom item that isn't OP couldn't hurt.

EDIT: Does the valkyre dagger give only 50 matk, or is it per refine? 

Edited by mildcontempt, 10 June 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

Its only 50 matk, but its a lv4 weapon, so it gets a very high matk per refine, but the most important thing are the 4 slots, allowing 4 magic damage vs race cards. In the way that MATK calculation works, since matk%/dmg against X%/etc affects not only the gears, but your whole matk, from gears, weapon, lvl, int, etc. having high matk from other sources and then comboing with the 4 slots for 40% more magic damage against X race wil prove to be very powerfull.

In that case, the oboro is using 8x Ancient Tree cards for 80% more magic damage on undead enemies. Her MATK is high due to other gears giving a bunch of matk and her status matk, but the power spike comes from all the % that she can now use. 
If we were to compare, in my Oboro i have roughly 200~300 more raw matk (from +14 rwc knife and pure matk gears), and my damage is a bit more than 2/3 of what she does.

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

Judging from the +694 matk, that's quite a lot of matk stacking. Still, I wasn't really going for OP so much as useful. 

Anyway, here's something:

Inspired by the tornado axe, which has made mechanics great again.

Piston Powered Sword [1]

link to image for conceptual fluff: https://s-media-cach...69bc7d46adf.jpg

A one-handed sword powered by a moderately loud internal combustion engine.

• Fire element.
  • Reduces Ignition Break cool down by 1 second.

Type: One-Handed Sword

Attack Power: 200

Weight: 100

Element: Fire

Applicable Job: Rune Knight, Royal Guard, Guillotine Cross, Shadow Chaser, Mechanic, and Geneticist

Piston Powered Greatsword [1]

link to image for conceptual fluff: https://s-media-cach...67d552372a6.jpg

A two-handed sword powered by a very loud internal combustion engine. 

• Fire element.
  • Reduces Ignition Break cool down by 1 second.

Type: Two-Handed Sword

Attack Power: 300

Weight: 300

Element: Fire

Applicable Job: Rune Knight and Royal Guard

Edited by mildcontempt, 14 June 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#12 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

@fuyuki

Oooh, dream accessory for us trapper. Basically like Mild Wind for traps.

Hmm let me try something. mildcontempt's post gave me an idea about specialized dagger for SC

Estoc [2]

A thin, edgeless dagger with sharp pointed blade. This weapon is specially made to stab enemy's weak point.

• Max SP -25%
  • Able to use Banishing Point level 7 with dagger
  • If base STR is 90 or higher, ranged attack damage 10%
  • If base INT is 90 or higher, when dealing melee physical attack, has a chance to auto cast Clashing Spiral level 5
  • If refined to +9 or higher, increase Backstab damage by 20% for every level Sword Mastery skill taken

MATK + 105

Attack Power: 150

Weight: 50

Required Level: 110

Applicable Job: Shadow Chaser

#13 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

I am bored, so I figured I'd think up more sub-par but maybe fun items. 

Spoilered to conserve space. 

Spoiler

Edited by mildcontempt, 27 July 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#14 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

Whirling Death [2]

A katar made with a blade in a wide arc, when swung, you can hear the wind itself lending itself to the user

• Rolling Cutter and Cross Ripper Slasher damage + 10%
  • When attacked from a range, has a chance to cast level 2 Sonic Wave on the attacker by 5%
  • When magically attacked, has a chance of casting level 5 Wind Blade on the attacker by 5%
  • MATK + 200

Type: Katar

Required Level: 115

Applicable Job: GX

Weight: 170

Spoiler

Prince's Demise [3]

A dagger said to have been thrown to kill over a dozen princes in far off countries. They say the blood of those princes cry out from the depths of the blade

• Increase Ranged Damage by 10%
  • Delay of Soul Destroyer reduced by 1 second

Attack Power: 185

Required Level: 90

Applicable Job: Transcendent Assassin

Weight: 100

Spoiler

Gaia Hammer [2]

A hammer infused with the life-force of an enchanted garden. The earth seems to groan in response to its swings.

• Increases damage of Geneticist Plant skills by 10%
  • Has a 5% chance that item catalyst requirement will be ignored.
  • Cooldown of Plant Skills decreased by 15% for every 3 refine level

Type: Mace

Element: Earth

Applicable Job: Geneticist

Weight: 200

Spoiler

Singing Bow [2]

A bow made of a special wood carved from a magical tree. When arrows are shot from the bow it resonates with a beautiful noise.

• Autocasts Level 5 Windmill Rush  or Level 5 Swing Dance on chance, 1%
  • Has a 5% Chance of casting highest known level of Improvised Song on an enemy when autocasting
  • MATK +3% for every 3 refine levels

Attack Power: 180

Required Level: 130

Applicable Job: Performer Class

Weight: 170

Spoiler

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

I am bored again, and so here are more silly ideas for gear.

Spoiler

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 August 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#16 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

Since everybody is making OP gears for their favored classes, I guess I'll do the same. Sorry for my naming sense.

Spoiler

Edited by Kusanagisama, 16 August 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#17 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Wheat Sword

A replica of the fictitious weapon said to have been a part of a set known as, 'The grain weapons of ultimate power'. Obtained during the Camelot and Gravity Co'op Anniversary 2017.
- Increases resistance to Fire, Water, Wind and Earth property attacks by 15%
- Increases Critical hit rate by 5% every 2 refine upgrades (to a maximum of +10)
- Increases Ignition Break damage by 15% every 2 refine upgrades
- When refined to +9, has a 5% chance of casting Dutch Farmer once while physically melee attacking
- When refined to +9, has a 4% chance of casting Dutch Farmer two times while physically melee attacking.
- When refined to +9, has a 3% chance of casting Dutch Farmer three times while physically melee attacking.
- When refined to +9, has a 2% chance of casting Dutch Farmer four times while physically melee attacking.
- When refined to +9, has a 1% chance of casting Dutch Farmer five times while physically melee attacking.

Type: Two-handed Sword
Attack Power: 350
Weight: 300
Applicable job: Rune Knight

Comment: obtained during a Camelot and Gravity Co'op Anniversary quest to celebrate the 15th Annivsary of the Golden Sun title games. Dutch Farmer autocasts lvl 3 Ignition Break, if user has mastered this skill at a higher level, will cast at the users level instead.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 03 August 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#18 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Ayyy, I think I like making up ideas for gear more than I like playing the game sometimes.

Anyway, more gibberish:

Spoiler

Edited by mildcontempt, 03 August 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#19 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:39 AM

Performers Bow

Game developers have found the performers are too powerful and therefore created this bow to balance out the class.
- DEF +60
Attack Power: 30
Weight: 500
Applicable Job: bard/dancer jobs

Comments: I am confident this idea will definately be accepted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users