#1 jesleole

jesleole

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hi, can someone explain me how the DNA monster system works, as i looked is for summon monsters but i don't get the real thing to do. Also if had a link to read, would be nice.

Thanks, regards

#2 Althen

Althen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

Certain monsters drop DNA fragment specific to them, or of the monsters like them: rocker is dropped by both rocker and metaller for example. There are four pieces needed to make 1 DNA Strand: A, C, G, and T. Each fragment piece has a chance to drop one of the four letters. If not changed it is key [   to open up the pet page. Once you have one each of the four letters, you drag a DNA Binding Protein to the monster to be made and press combine. You get that specific monsters DNA strand - click it to use and the pet will be summon able: drag the icon from the pet window to a hot key for fast summon. The cool down is 2minutes and goes down by 30 seconds per level until 30 seconds at level 4.

http://ragnarok.wiki...ummoning_System

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

The cool down is 2minutes and goes down by 30 seconds per level until 30 seconds at level 4.

This part is incorrect. Pet level has no bearing on pet summon cool down. The cooldown is only affected by 1) the number of unique pets you have and 2) your vigor rate. Pet summon's base cool down is decreased by 10 seconds for every ~11 pets you collect, capping at 99 pets (30 seconds).

Pet level only affects the duration of the summon and how much the pet heals or attacks for. The level of pets you can get depends on the number of unique pets you own. You wouldn't be able to get a level 4 pet without first collecting 99 pets anyways. 

#4 Althen

Althen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:27 AM

Sorry bad wording, the cool down was based on max level available to summon pets as informed basically 100 pets needed for being able to raise to level 4.

#5 jesleole

jesleole

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

Certain monsters drop DNA fragment specific to them, or of the monsters like them: rocker is dropped by both rocker and metaller for example. There are four pieces needed to make 1 DNA Strand: A, C, G, and T. Each fragment piece has a chance to drop one of the four letters. If not changed it is key [   to open up the pet page. Once you have one each of the four letters, you drag a DNA Binding Protein to the monster to be made and press combine. You get that specific monsters DNA strand - click it to use and the pet will be summon able: drag the icon from the pet window to a hot key for fast summon. The cool down is 2minutes and goes down by 30 seconds per level until 30 seconds at level 4.

http://ragnarok.wiki...ummoning_System

Thanks a lot, i got it.

#6 Futreskah

Futreskah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

This info is very useful :3 need to hunt DNA to get 100 pets :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users