Suggestion for item retrieval process - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion for item retrieval process

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:20 AM

Backstory here: https://forums.warpp...eed-assistance/

Recently, I bought something from an Eden vendor which was verified as stolen. The item was retrieved by its rightful owner, and a compensation on my part is being arranged as of the moment.

The process went like this:
  • I put my character on vend before going to sleep
  • Upon waking up the next day, my screen says "Someone has logged in with this ID"
  • Went ahead to check if any item was missing (easy since I have only around 6 items in my cart) -- 1 item missing
  • Sent ticket to support to ask what happened -- got confirmation that they returned the item to the real owner because it was stolen
  • Currently waiting for next step

A little bit inconvenient in my part, because I was expecting a friend to buy certain items from my shop. He bought from other players instead as my character was not online for a long period of time.

What if:
  • I didn't leave my character logged in -- wouldn't have known my account was inspected
  • I had lots of items in my inventory -- wouldn't be able to suspect that an item was missing

To prevent unintended loss, my suggestion is to send a notification message (email, PM, etc.) to the affected account giving 6~12 hours of heads up. Either that, or send a notification after an account inspection, whichever is more feasible. This is to prevent users from being clueless whether or not something's happening with his/her account.

Imagine if you had lots of valuable items in your storage and didn't even know some of them are already gone, isn't that a bit unfair? In my case, if I haven't asked, will I ever even know?

This is just my suggestion, nothing against anyone here. WP has been fast and responsive whenever I send a ticket to them for the past months since I came back to RO. I hope my idea reach those in-charge of these operations.

Thanks and more power!

Edited by divinemanwah, 14 June 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#2 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

k

#3 divinemanwah

divinemanwah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:13 AM

^ what a meaningful reply lol

#4 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

This may be good for atleast gm inspection is out of the question once you misplace your item

#5 Jhapipay

Jhapipay

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

WP will send an email to you regarding a lost item. I once picked up an Ur's Seal SP 250 in Mora and I sat beside the RK, because I thought he's gonna drop some more.

Little did I know that he didn't notice that he dropped his Ur's Seal instead of placing it on his inventory  :rice:

After 3 days, WP sent an email to me and I was in work so I wasn't able to log on.

I asked them when can I and the RK meet but they replied that they already returned the item to it's rightful owner and they thanked me  :ani_swt3:

Good thing I wasn't able to sell that Seal to another person  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users