Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

This would sound...very difficult despite the simplicity on paper to implement. But for long-scale future events (Late 2016-2017 I mean).

A sort of Invasion Event. It would go like this;

An in game announcement names a city and says the invasion begins. Rush to the portal in the city to protect the town.

Example; "Port of Winds is being invaded by Pirates!" Followed up by a portal opening in the Port of Winds. This is to avoid just putting monster spawns in every city harming afk'ers. The Portal leads to a Channel 100 type event map where gauntlets of enemies from that area will begin to invade in multiple waves. Their levels are fixed however they're meant for high-number groups so think Black Claw Nest mob hp. At the end of the invasion; One or Multiple bosses spawn based on the area (Port of Winds = Hookah, Alvida, Kalygon. Libra = Rokko, Vella, Athoo. for a few examples.) The bosses are the hard part being stronger, faster, higher hp, or even new mechanics. Once they're dead, event rewards players, specializing in increased rewards for higher damage, most healing, boss finishing blow, etc.

Rewards can be adjusted for this. I'm open to ideas on fair rewards that won't make this event open to abuse.

Just for examples of what you can put as the attackers. Names mean both the mobs and bosses/mid bosses;

Odelia: Sangka/Kungka, Vagabond, Vegas, Maybe even those Wolf Den bosses.

Port of Winds: Hookah, Alvida, Kalygon

Moonlight Shore: Artis/Night Lord, Athoo, undead bosses from Graveyard.

Libra: Rokko, Queen Vella

Kazeura: Mission bosses from Salvalon/Lamieta, Dungeon mid-bosses from Akia Cave

Fungoid: Bubobubo, Burlune, Karkharous

Ash Mist: Pythanous, Arkah, Agnis, Avice, Van Cliff

Ellora Camp: Alexander, Kryos, Drakos, Dragon Valley, Edge of World.

#2 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

This would sound...very difficult despite the simplicity on paper to implement. But for long-scale future events (Late 2016-2017 I mean).

A sort of Invasion Event. It would go like this;

An in game announcement names a city and says the invasion begins. Rush to the portal in the city to protect the town.

Example; "Port of Winds is being invaded by Pirates!" Followed up by a portal opening in the Port of Winds. This is to avoid just putting monster spawns in every city harming afk'ers. The Portal leads to a Channel 100 type event map where gauntlets of enemies from that area will begin to invade in multiple waves. Their levels are fixed however they're meant for high-number groups so think Black Claw Nest mob hp. At the end of the invasion; One or Multiple bosses spawn based on the area (Port of Winds = Hookah, Alvida, Kalygon. Libra = Rokko, Vella, Athoo. for a few examples.) The bosses are the hard part being stronger, faster, higher hp, or even new mechanics. Once they're dead, event rewards players, specializing in increased rewards for higher damage, most healing, boss finishing blow, etc.

Rewards can be adjusted for this. I'm open to ideas on fair rewards that won't make this event open to abuse.

Just for examples of what you can put as the attackers. Names mean both the mobs and bosses/mid bosses;

Odelia: Sangka/Kungka, Vagabond, Vegas, Maybe even those Wolf Den bosses.

Port of Winds: Hookah, Alvida, Kalygon

Moonlight Shore: Artis/Night Lord, Athoo, undead bosses from Graveyard.

Libra: Rokko, Queen Vella

Kazeura: Mission bosses from Salvalon/Lamieta, Dungeon mid-bosses from Akia Cave

Fungoid: Bubobubo, Burlune, Karkharous

Ash Mist: Pythanous, Arkah, Agnis, Avice, Van Cliff

Ellora Camp: Alexander, Kryos, Drakos, Dragon Valley, Edge of World.

#3 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

Was done before and it was not appealing.. Sounds like gimmick that staff has better things to do than bring broken effects like before with garbage drops. People will not follow the event and even if they were interested, they have better things to do than to kill something they have done 100's of time before.

I suggest hurry up with Arcadia instead of wasting development time on something that has no positive advantage.

Not contradicting your statement Sam, just that I know how this thing was done before and to be honest it was a massive disappointment.

Edited by eyes2kill, 14 June 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

I don't really think this would work as an constant event type of thing. It's fun to smash a pile of bosses in POW as a gimmick but if it happened more often it'd lose its shine quickly I recon.

Think something that could maybe be easier to make is to as I said, make gm's spawn the bosses/mobs. Then just adjust those mobs to have a little something special as drops, maybe like materials for an event costume or such. And then make it so that no matter who kills the boss everyone can loot those things that drop. And then have this as a kind of special thing to do very rarely.

Edited by Precrush, 14 June 2016 - 10:43 PM.

#5 Xmd06

Xmd06

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPearl of The Orient
  • Server:the only one

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

It could be an interesting concept, done in a similar fashion to defense mode, protecting structures instead of the stone. (or not lol)

Rather than having those same boss fights though, maybe a single unique boss (why not a dragon huh?) that spawns smaller, weaker mobs. The boss would only appear randomly once a week as a special event, open to all players - newbies and endgame people alike. Lv20~40, 40~60 and so on.

The rewards should be appropriate for everyone that participated, and it should also be worthwhile. It should never be a bottle of water in a gold chest kind of thing.

There should be a scroll or ticket to get in, received by finishing F6 on any level-appropriate dungeon. Because let's face it, the accessories we get in F6 are kinda not great. (then again, this part of the idea could be dropped)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users